AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 02:15   Link #321
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I find doing the same thing that requires two-clicks and/or some highly repetitive cookie cuter spoon fed strategy boring.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:33   Link #322
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
WoW is pretty boring honestly.
WoW is interesting for about I'd say a year before you realize that in order to continue and get better you'll have to give up everything and become a hardcore gamer in it and it can get boring along the way I remember grinding the same dungeon for 6 months 2 times a week with a raid because everyone had to get geared up and because I was missing just one thing, in those cases it was really boring
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 06:36   Link #323
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
It was P2P, but recently became F2P, I believe. I think the SEA version will be F2P with item mall, but that's just my guess ^^;;
Micchi, have you played the SEA version of ECO? I've got some question to ask you if you don't mind, especially about making money
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 08:49   Link #324
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
WoW is interesting for about I'd say a year before you realize that in order to continue and get better you'll have to give up everything and become a hardcore gamer in it and it can get boring along the way I remember grinding the same dungeon for 6 months 2 times a week with a raid because everyone had to get geared up and because I was missing just one thing, in those cases it was really boring
Haven't played WoW, some people say it's boring as hell and others quit maplestory for WoW. As far as grinding goes, I've been training at the same dungeon for the past 35 levels, which would roughly be a year and five months or so...hopefully we'll get new maps for higher levels next month!

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-07-11 at 10:34. Reason: make it 36...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:04   Link #325
Knight Hawk
Lurker

-KarumA- your exaggerating *lol* EQ and FFXI are the games that will suck your life out. WoW is just too damn easy, more so with the upcoming patch that will give you raid gear in a 5man.

I like MapleStory to kill off some time, but after awhile it gets boring grinding on the same mob. (Well until you move onto the next tier of mobs)
Old 2009-07-12, 04:27   Link #326
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The last patch was enormous, with a UI update, family system, multi-pet system, new maps, intro to sub-jobs, new taxes, new taxis, new quests and new events! If only they had spaced it out throughout the year instead of having lame "event" patches and even lamer weekly 2x exp excuses of a patch, the game would have been a lot more enjoyable.
Old 2009-07-12, 05:13   Link #327
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
If only they had spaced it out throughout the year instead of having lame "event" patches and even lamer weekly 2x exp excuses of a patch, the game would have been a lot more enjoyable.
Don't worry, that's how they do it in every mmo out there =P
Old 2009-07-12, 14:43   Link #328
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Lol Cats. You've played Dofus ? As for Wakfu, it's currently in OB ( French only ), has been for like an half year, and with my 1,5 years experience from the company which made Dofus and Wakfu, you can't expect English OB for another two years, at least.

Ooh.. can't wait for Aion now. Seems tad expensive though, considering you also need to pay for in game playtime. 49.99€ for the game, comes with 1 month gameplay time. Also if you buy it now, you get Invitation to the CB events. Just bought mine.. Now just gotta wait for next weekend to finally try it out.
Old 2009-07-12, 14:47   Link #329
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I've played Dofus, and believe it or not, I quit because it was too complex at the time (some many years ago).
Old 2009-07-15, 13:40   Link #330
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Aeria LaTale CB started today. Went in expecting better then OGP, got WTFAwesome. Not only do they appear to be more up to date then OGP (map, etc) is at the moment (even though they're only in CB) but everything works as well. Not just run-jumps (ladders stick like glue, hehe) but everything else as well, such as ingame scoreboards, which last time I checked were still not working in OGP lag-infested-version. They also have nice little touches (extra sounds here, amusing translation there, etc). OGP, while I played up to lv73 (with the highest character) had like 5-6 loading screen (and I'm talking about total since they only cycled 2-3 and even those were map dependent), Aeria just dumped around 15-20+ (too many to count) and I have to say their taste in menu background is also way better then OGPs ever was.

Its likely the CB characters will remain since from what I see at the moment exp is not buffed.
Old 2009-07-15, 13:45   Link #331
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That sounds fun. Think I could play from the US without lagging too much? I couldn't stand OGP's lag.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 15:13   Link #332
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They have US and German servers, so lag shouldn't be a issue. To add, unlike OGP there is a lot of stuff that's kept (as in the JP/Kr/Ch versions) available ingame (eg. puzzles, you can buy them with ely ;D). There are other differences, for examples the wizzard has a extra skill compared to OGP, his bubble attack also hits more targets etc.

-

Related to the lag, the official statement from one of the Aeria staff:
Quote:
Hello Friends,
I have been reading throug the posts and I want you to know Ijust finished a conference with Actoz concerning the lag issues. This is a primary focus for us. Even before we launch CB changes are being made to make a more stable client. Aeria has also invested in some top notch hardware for the server side of the game. After launch if lag is an issue in the Aeria version of LT we will continue to be aggressive in addressing it.

SusanRev

Last edited by felix; 2009-07-15 at 15:44.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 01:53   Link #333
Sydonai

just thought i'd post some new games. Battle of Destiny is in OB. Dungeon Fighter will have its first CB event on the 28th, so... here ya go

site: http://bod.cubizone.com/

site: http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/
Sydonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 06:57   Link #334
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

for me if an anime would get a game it would have the multi platform kinda like in the tales of the world game and well fully costumizable cahracter and hell lots of quest and items

but it doe not mean its a quest main theme game i like it both quest and mission and jsut random carnage taht has cute girls in it hehehehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 14:07   Link #335
Sydonai

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
for me if an anime would get a game it would have the multi platform kinda like in the tales of the world game and well fully costumizable cahracter and hell lots of quest and items

but it doe not mean its a quest main theme game i like it both quest and mission and jsut random carnage taht has cute girls in it hehehehehe
you should try GhostX! LOTS of action. lot of outfits to customize your character with that you can choose from depending on your level. you can also enhance the lower level outfits to match higher level one's armor for a cheap fee, the enhancements are also very common drops. this game is missiom based with plenty of quests... although grind starts to kick in around level 20-ish. still, i love it so far! really addicting game.
Old 2009-07-17, 00:43   Link #336
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydonai View Post
you should try GhostX! LOTS of action. lot of outfits to customize your character with that you can choose from depending on your level. you can also enhance the lower level outfits to match higher level one's armor for a cheap fee, the enhancements are also very common drops. this game is missiom based with plenty of quests... although grind starts to kick in around level 20-ish. still, i love it so far! really addicting game.
ohhh

i see hmm let me see if i can be become addicted to taht
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 09:04   Link #337
Kafriel
Senior Guest

About battle of destiny and dungeon fighter....is it just me or do they look like they were pulled right out of the 90's drawer?
Old 2009-07-17, 12:00   Link #338
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

no offence but anyone who plays WoW still needs to get out more. The game isnt even hard no more. I liked it back before BC. but ever sense Blood elfs came out the horde started to suck more, thanks to the female BE's mostly and kids who play pretty races only and Shemale players

but besides that, its too easy, gets boring fast and has a Immature, Huge Ego loser Community
Old 2009-07-17, 15:04   Link #339
Sydonai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
About battle of destiny and dungeon fighter....is it just me or do they look like they were pulled right out of the 90's drawer?
lol the theme is suppose to be a classic 2d arcade looking mmo. so yeah they might bring back some memories of retro sidescroller games.
Old 2009-07-17, 16:52   Link #340
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
what... not going to insult the female players who play males because many are so obnoxious to them when they play females as well? Worrying about who plays the toon? Who cares?
No im not gonna insult them because they play males to get away from weirdo people who bug them. I would know, I have a few lady friends who do this. Males playin females for the wrong reasons (Attention hogs and Beggers who try to act female to get freebies) are what i ment by immature.

oh and i ment to insult those kind btw, not the people who just pick female for more better reasons such as (Dont wonna look at a males ass all day,silly but better than those other reasons.)

these kind of people increase way more in pretty games such as AIONS sadly. good thing i have friends who help me determin if their male or Female in RL, and their girls

and a word of edvice to everyone, the prettier the game, the more you should look out for these kind of people (the bad ones)

Tags
mmorpg