AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-15, 15:18   Link #12121
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono9472 View Post
i'm sorry...i'm an idiot, i never thought of it that way

kamachi PROBABLY does a lot of planning for this novel but i'd be amazed if even he thought that much into it but i'll ignore that since i like this hypothesis
He probably plans some of it, but makes it up as he goes. Nothing wrong with that of course, just as long as he pulls a The Empire Strikes Back and not The Phantom Menace.
Old 2011-07-15, 18:03   Link #12122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
In order to bring discussion back to Toaru (hopefully), here's a thought and question. There are seven espers credited as level 5 and at least two who are potential level 5, making the majority female. The male espers in turn are much more power than the females (no.'s 1 and 2 are confirmed and we have the vending machine SS for no. 7). Am I thinking too deeply about this?
There are more female characters than male characters, which in turn means there are more strong girls than guys, but the strongest in each category are almost usually the guys.
Old 2011-07-15, 19:00   Link #12123
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
He probably plans some of it, but makes it up as he goes. Nothing wrong with that of course, just as long as he pulls a The Empire Strikes Back and not The Attack of the Clones.
Fixed it for you.
Old 2011-07-15, 19:19   Link #12124
Miraluka
Banned

It can even be The Invisible Menace with that invisible something coming out from Touma.
Old 2011-07-15, 22:49   Link #12125
chrono9472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
He probably plans some of it, but makes it up as he goes. Nothing wrong with that of course, just as long as he pulls a The Empire Strikes Back and not The Phantom Menace.
is it sad that i have no freaking clue on what 'the empire strikes back' and 'the phantom menace' are refering to?(well maybe i know what the first one is refering to but not the second)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There are more female characters than male characters, which in turn means there are more strong girls than guys, but the strongest in each category are almost usually the guys.
is this true for a lot of series or just this one?i never noticed this>.<

but kamachi has also added a lot of....myths,legends etc i wonder if he studied them before adding them into the novel or already knew them beforehand?

and what do you think is more trauma inducing accel in a bunny suit,touma in one or shiage?(don't ask why i asked this)
Old 2011-07-15, 23:09   Link #12126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
is this true for a lot of series or just this one?i never noticed this>.<
Depends; For Shounen manga action like the big three and their lesser ilks you'll find a more male heavy population. The guys are the strongest, they do all the heavy lifting, and you'll have one or two token sexy girls that are either as strong as the guys, or are weak but resourceful.

Most other series, especially those with Harem elements, you'll find that it's the female population that is more empowered and pretty much out numbered the guys- Though not always true that the guys would be weaker, but it's a case of more often than not.

Either they're super strong that they wow the crowds, or their powers are situational and are used as trump cards, or they're super weak that they have to hide behind the girls and give orders like pokemon trainers, or worse- be used as cheap labor.

Quote:
but kamachi has also added a lot of....myths,legends etc i wonder if he studied them before adding them into the novel or already knew them beforehand?
Judging from the afterwords of the first volume, I'll say that he had to do some research to see how the 'magic' system works in the real world.
Old 2011-07-15, 23:18   Link #12127
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Question on novel 22, chapter 10 when Fiamma become the "The one above god" before editors touch it, it stated he could destroy a star, now its changed to planet which is the accurate version?.

On second note, why take out the "la persona superiore a dio" I find it more fitting that actually translate even that.
Old 2011-07-15, 23:22   Link #12128
chrono9472

Quote:
Depends; For Shounen manga action like the big three and their lesser ilks you'll find a more male heavy population. The guys are the strongest, they do all the heavy lifting, and you'll have one or two token sexy girls that are either as strong as the guys, or are weak but resourceful.

Most other series, especially those with Harem elements, you'll find that it's the female population that is more empowered and pretty much out numbered the guys- Though not always true that the guys would be weaker, but it's a case of more often than not.

Either they're super strong that they wow the crowds, or their powers are situational and are used as trump cards, or they're super weak that they have to hide behind the girls and give orders like pokemon trainers, or worse- be used as cheap labor.

thanks for info,i feel stupid for never noticing this though

Judging from the afterwords of the first volume, I'll say that he had to do some research to see how the 'magic' system works in the real world.
i really need to read more carefully...
Old 2011-07-16, 00:34   Link #12129
arson88

Quote:

and what do you think is more trauma inducing accel in a bunny suit,touma in one or shiage?(don't ask why i asked this)
Accelerator, no doubt. Shiage's and Touma's respective harem will be delighted.
Old 2011-07-16, 00:41   Link #12130
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
and what do you think is more trauma inducing accel in a bunny suit-
Yes.

Of course, that would be after Worst gets him drunk enough.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-16, 01:05   Link #12131
chrono9472

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
Accelerator, no doubt. Shiage's and Touma's respective harem will be delighted.
and faint after having a nose bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Yes.

Of course, that would be after Worst gets him drunk enough.
that shouldn't be too hard for her

and the current score is:

Accel: 3
Shiage and touma: 0

with accel in lead by 3 points,can shiage and touma ever hope to catch up?

WARNING FOR ACCEL VOTERS: please be careful when going outside, participant 1: accel has a habit of torturing anyone who annoys him to death and waking up in a bunny suit with people voting for him is enough to annoy him...thank you for your attention.

And just to get a more serious discussion....a question:

do you think touma was like accel and shiage before his memory loss?(wanting to be a hero) and if yes, then what do you think made him want to help others? seeing as he was wronged so much in his past, he should've had at least a bit of hard time in academy city...
Old 2011-07-16, 09:59   Link #12132
Miraluka
Banned

Something I wanted to talk about is about the distortions of the elements wich switched Gabriel's and Michael's attributes and totally changed Uriel's and Raphael's positions.

Now that they have been fixed by Fiamma wouldn't it mean Vento would be aligned to Raphael and get his attributes?
Old 2011-07-16, 10:02   Link #12133
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Something I wanted to talk about is about the distortions of the elements wich switched Gabriel's and Michael's attributes and totally changed Uriel's and Raphael's positions.

Now that they have been fixed by Fiamma wouldn't it mean Vento would be aligned to Raphael and get his attributes?
Before that I'm confused about something- On one hand when Fiamma got his pieces together, even before getting Imagine Breaker, the narrative said that the Elements have been restored. But later with Aleister, Fiamma instead said that he had failed and that he could not save the world...?
Old 2011-07-16, 10:04   Link #12134
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Before that I'm confused about something- On one hand when Fiamma got his pieces together, even before getting Imagine Breaker, the narrative said that the Elements have been restored. But later with Aleister, Fiamma instead said that he had failed and that he could not save the world...?
The distortion was fixed by that doesn't means the world was saved from the 'uglyness' within the hearts of the humans which he wanted to cleanse by making the Earth to become a place similar to the Heaven with the Golden Sky.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:05   Link #12135
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

She keeps her wind powers but has a different angel. Raphael is still air.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:10   Link #12136
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Question on novel 22, chapter 10 when Fiamma become the "The one above god" before editors touch it, it stated he could destroy a star, now its changed to planet which is the accurate version?.

On second note, why take out the "la persona superiore a dio" I find it more fitting that actually translate even that.
Sorry to self quote but really interested to see what someone with a japanese copy can tell me.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:11   Link #12137
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I actually want Vento to be able to cast Wind magic after losing her status as a God's Right Seat member.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:11   Link #12138
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Sorry to self quote but really interested to see what someone with a japanese copy can tell me.
It is official. js06 uses the Japanese text and if you use google translations with the words he uses it is planet.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:40   Link #12139
Miraluka
Banned

From the translation what I get is 'celestial body'.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:42   Link #12140
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
It is official. js06 uses the Japanese text and if you use google translations with the words he uses it is planet.
I wish to know from what page in the novel that happen and the japanese text because a star is really different from a planet.

The strength of a la persona superiore a dio would be too weak for my taste if it can only smash a planet by the wave of it's hand or Fiamma is just underestimating Touma

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen