AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 166 75.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 4.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.73%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-26, 09:24   Link #221
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kissing at best (they already did it once anyway), but I think they just sticked to toothbrushing. Knowing Tsukihi would come back soon must have acted as enough of a brake to prevent them from going to far.

I find it really hilarious that Koyomi felt absolutely nothing washing his sister's naked body a few episodes ago, yet he went nuts from brushing her teeth. I loved this line: "Huh? Huh? Huh? This is just a possibility, but... could it be my sister is the cutest girl in the world?"

That scene was so deliciously over-the-top
Karen was moaning a lot. I like to believe that they made out until it was time to go to Kanbaru's house or until Tsukihi came back. I also like to believe that Karen ever since this event starts to sneak into Koyomi's room at night to play more "games".

Next time they try Karen's rules and they see who can withstand having a toothbrush in their ass the longest.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:28   Link #222
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
that don't exclude the fact that they could've lost control again...but as i said i think they did not what i know is that it will rain fanfics and fanart and i like it!
Yes, obviously. Like I said, there is no way of knowing (for sure). This ambiguity has indeed left a space open, which the fanfics and glorious (glorious!) doujins will no doubt fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
One thing I saw on 4chan
I stayed away from 4chan after this episode aired, but to my surprise, the Catalog page isn't filled with "SLUT!" threads. Something about a toothbrush on almost every page.

Quote:
I also like to believe that Karen ever since this event starts to sneak into Koyomi's room at night to play more "games".
Yes. That's something I'm slightly concerned about: that this event will only remain as a "one off" type of thing. I certainly hope that the two come into a some kind of resolution about their feelings, if not in the end of Nise, then in the novels at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
there is a CG for that...
I was about to comment on that. Praise the boorus!
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:29   Link #223
leorodri100

Quote:
Karen was moaning a lot. I like to believe that they made out until it was time to go to Kanbaru's house or until Tsukihi came back. I also like to believe that Karen ever since this event starts to sneak into Koyomi's room at night to play more "games".

Next time they try Karen's rules and they see who can withstand having a toothbrush in their ass the longest.
there is a CG for that...it looks like it was made by shaft the artist can use any art-wrok with perfection...but its r18 pic not posting here
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:37   Link #224
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Which plot?
Tsukihi's immortality

Quote:
One thing I saw on 4chan was that they were debating on if these two had sex after the episode ended. In the end they agreed that they just made out.

So what do you guys think? I'm pretty sure they didn't have sex but maybe a couple of kisses here and there wouldn't have hurt.
Thanks to Tsukihi's intervention I guess Karen's virginity wasn't claimed by her brother, but probably played around a little more... how more better leave it to doujinshi of C82
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:38   Link #225
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

One bad thing that does come with this episode is the fact that incest scenes will never arouse me anymore. THIS is the pinnacle of incest. All future others are going to be meh for me. The only way this can be topped is if Nisio writes ANOTHER incest scene concern one of the sisters again.

Please Nisio, the world needs more incest. MORE I SAY, MORE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Tsukihi's immortality

Thanks to Tsukihi's intervention I guess Karen's virginity wasn't claimed by her brother, but probably played around a little more... how more better leave it to doujinshi of C82
That's the thing. When Bake first came out both Nise novels were already out so a lot of artists already jumped on the toothbrush wagon. There is reason to believe that the incest doujins have already hit saturation.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-02-26 at 13:50. Reason: please don't double-post
Old 2012-02-26, 09:41   Link #226
leorodri100

Quote:
One bad thing that does come with this episode is the fact that incest scenes will never arouse me anymore. THIS is the pinnacle of incest. All future others are going to be meh for me. The only way this can be topped is if Nisio writes ANOTHER incest scene concern one of the sisters again.

i second that 100 times!
Old 2012-02-26, 09:41   Link #227
Westlo
Lets be reality

You know I always thought this was going to be the most talked about episode of the series.. but still this is a bit ridic... Nisio knew what he was doing when writing this and so did Shinbo when he adapted it.. this is making the Shinobu in the bath scene look like a small ripple in comparison... (even though story wise it's a much bigger event)

Quote:
You seen that Homunculus doujin that was mainly focused on Nadeko? lmao @ how dense Koyomi was during the Nadeko twister part.. and than to find out that he actually thinks that way in the novels.. hilarious. The entire Koyomi and Nadeko relationship is a nice parody of the dense male lead cliche.

Anyway had a little of Karen in that.. Homunculus needs to expand that.

Quote:

Hold up playa, like I said in the novel thread in regards to Andrew C's review of Nise 2 from back in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C
Add into that an uncomfortably eroticized scene where he brushes his sister's teeth, a scene far too disturbing to feel at home in a frothy thing like this, and something he's already done successfully in a different series
Of course it might not be what you're after.. but interesting to see that this scene got the "was done before and better" reaction from a long time Nisio fan.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:47   Link #228
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You seen that Homunculus doujin that was mainly focused on Nadeko? lmao @ how dense Koyomi was during the Nadeko twister part.. and than to find out that he actually thinks that way in the novels.. hilarious. The entire Koyomi and Nadeko relationship is a nice parody of the dense male lead cliche.

Hold up playa, like I said in the novel thread in regards to Andrew C's review of Nise 2 from back in 2009.

Of course it might not be what you're after.. but interesting to see that this scene got the "was done before and better" reaction from a long time Nisio fan.
I've never read Zaregoto (tried, too long) so I don't what happened there. The only thing I'm concerned with is if Karen and Araragi gets even closer in the future.

Maybe they start bathing together again?
Old 2012-02-26, 09:50   Link #229
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
That's the thing. When Bake first came out both Nise novels were already out so a lot of artists already jumped on the toothbrush wagon. There is reason to believe that the incest doujins have already hit saturation.
Indeed, but still they can try what happened afterwards, instead of repeating the scene... SHAFT topped the scale on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

I remember TIES (Takei Ooki) features frequently the sisters, and occasionally Nadeko.
Old 2012-02-26, 09:50   Link #230
leorodri100

Quote:
I've never read Zaregoto (tried, too long) so I don't what happened there. The only thing I'm concerned with is if Karen and Araragi gets even closer in the future.

if nishin likes the public reaction with nisemono 8 than he just might do that in the future novels
Old 2012-02-26, 09:52   Link #231
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Brushing teeth leads to kissing. Kissing leads to taking baths together as an extreme form of skinship. Then once the house is empty and the parents' liquor cabinet is left unlocked...

But yeah. I'm over exaggerating the influence of Karen. They will probably continue doing "harmless" things until Koyomi has dealt with Shinobu and Hitagi and Tsubasa and Tsukihi... The web is so tangled and the consequences probably so dire, that it's best to leave this as a... casual thing.

(The above is written somewhat with tongue in cheek. Don't take it too seriously.)
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:00   Link #232
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Brushing teeth leads to kissing. Kissing leads to taking baths together as an extreme form of skinship. Then once the house is empty and the parents' liquor cabinet is left unlocked...

But yeah. I'm over exaggerating the influence of Karen. They will probably continue doing "harmless" things until Koyomi has dealt with Shinobu and Hitagi and Tsubasa and Tsukihi... The web is so tangled and the consequences probably so dire, that it's best to leave this as a... casual thing.

(The above is written somewhat tongue in cheek. Don't take it too seriously.)
So they only play with each other when they are bored? Still good!!

This episode proves that the both of them and probably Tsukihi too are extreme sis/brocons.

What I REALLY want to see now is if Takotsuboya will do a doujin on this series. The one he did on Oreimo tackled incest already but I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy seeing a "real" version of this series.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:05   Link #233
leorodri100

Quote:
So they only play with each other when they are bored? Still good!!

This episode proves that the both of them and probably Tsukihi too are extreme sis/brocons.

What I REALLY want to see now is if Takotsuboya will do a doujin on this series. The one he did on Oreimo tackled incest already but I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy seeing a "real" version of this series.
lots of doujins will be made and hopefully great artist i'm ok even with a non-hentai doujin i mean i'm more into the karen X koyomi than the sex
Old 2012-02-26, 10:11   Link #234
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

As someone who only watches the anime, I'm probably not the best person to offer a perspective, but when has that ever stopped me?

My take was that this entire toothbrush game was meant to be viewed through barely-parted fingers. The squealing is bizarrely sexual, the raep-faces are everywhere, and the music is building to this "In The Hall of the Mountain King" kind of frenzy. It's not supposed to be awesome in the moment. It's the kind of thing you play for Malcolm MacDowell as you squeeze a dropper of fluid onto his pried-open eyes.

The comedy comes from your brain screaming "He's just brushing her teeth, why is my stomach in my throat, and why have my bowels compressed to the size of a walnut??"

When Tsukihi arrives, all the squicky tension is instantly released in laughter - both uncomfortable and genuine - and her turn as Woody Woodpecker tells you everything you need to know about how absurdly scary she is. As if showing up in the bathroom with a kitchen knife and a pot holder wasn't enough of a hint.

I'm not saying it's a 10/10 episode. I'm just saying that it's an amazing, self-contained 22-minute sequence. It's a half-hour delivery of "The Aristocrats" joke, with Tsukihi appearing at the very end to give the punchline, and it's just as likely to evoke a response of "Was that supposed to be funny?"
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:27   Link #235
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Tsukihi's immortality )
I didn't see her being inmortal this episode .

I want to see if she can as cool as the other phoenix .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:34   Link #236
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
I didn't see her being inmortal this episode .
Aside from her brother saying it casually in the intro of the arc, she also survived passing through a door and a wall in her rush to get her siblings skewed

Quote:
I want to see if she can as cool as the other phoenix .
OMG... just NO
Old 2012-02-26, 10:39   Link #237
leorodri100

Quote:
Aside from her brother saying it casually in the intro of the arc, she also survived passing through a door and a wall in her rush to get her siblings skewed
actually yeah.she really did that not in the comic way that girl is strong as hell...

let's be honest, when karen said [兄ちゃん。。。いいよ] that was our stairway to heaven.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:45   Link #238
monir
cho~ kakkoii

When I left the post count was at 118. Enjoyed reading this thread a LOT. Thank you guys!

Quote:
One thing I saw on 4chan was that they were debating on if these two had sex after the episode ended. In the end they agreed that they just made out.

So what do you guys think?
That can't be true. I did not see Araragi brushing his own teeth, nor was anyone interested brushing his teeth for him. If I stay on that logic, I'd say Araragi was busy indulging himself as he labored to remove all of Karen-chan's plaque. It was a one sided affair.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:46   Link #239
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post

That wasn't the only problem with the episode. Araragi rubbing his foot on his sister's head whilst she was begging him to take her virginity
You are wrong. Just go watch the crunchyroll ver.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:48   Link #240
Malkuth
Banned

不死身 (fujimi) can mean also indestructible, instead of immortal (from the subs), but neither fits the greek phoenix (reborn from its ashes, ie destroyed and dead), which incidentally was the symbol of the 7 year military junta, which has more similarities to Tsukihi's role in the Araragi family.