AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 12:44   Link #641
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 08 - Do You Know? Do You Know?

The flags that Kimijima set up definitely reveal the anime's origins, but they do seem to be hinting at something greater. Anyone who sets up a scavenger hunt like this usually has some greater goal in mind. Kimijima himself looks to be the John Titor of this whole operation, though whether or not he's also a cute girl remains to be seen. Nae's presence (and attitude - she and Aki get along great, I hope for more of this) was a whole lot of fun. Though with all the S;G callbacks, I'm hoping for one or two more C;H ones. A trilogy requires all three parts to work in tandem, even if they're more thematically related like they are here.

So the "Kagome Kagome" stuff is also a symbol of doom here. I wonder if the writers over at Nitro+ (at least, the ones I follow) are latching onto this particular song for reasons beyond it being a staple in Japan. I think folklore says that it might be about how Nobunaga fell, and the fall of an empire is something the Committee of 300 is planning. With a name like that, one would think they'd control the world population by kicking them into pits.

This is picking up. I look forward to seeing Gunvarrel be completed. The show already foreshadowed that it would, so either Aki's gonna need to find some way to convince JAXA, or find yet another source of funding.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:30   Link #642
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Actually it looks that some people connect "Kagome Kagome" to the illuminati as it is reported on wikipedia

I checked if this wasn't just some bulls, but it appears this conspiracy theory actually exists as I've found it here

Another theory says that "kago" "me" (eye) refer's to the illuminati's eye.

Naturally it's absolutely ridiculous, but so is John Titor. It wouldn't be so strange if 5pb. decided to make it real in their story.
I just think it's interesting because the kind of project that the commitee of 300 has in mind is really the same as the Illuminati's in conspiracy theories, including the population control.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:37   Link #643
larethian

Nae? That Nae!? Which world line is this? *looks around frantically*
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:42   Link #644
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Nae? That Nae!? Which world line is this? *looks around frantically*
First episode, first scene.

Old 2012-11-30, 13:43   Link #645
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Reducing world population is nothing new, it is mentioned in the Georgia Guidestones built in 1980, albeit the number there specified is half (500 million) from what R;N mentions.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:44   Link #646
ookamigirl

Make a giant robot together with JAXA plan was kinda LOL
Aki still digging into Kimijima report.
Him opening that radar dome during a typhoon was not a good idea.
This anime dealing me with the Kamijima mystery than actual robot building.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:11   Link #647
molitar

On him cheating on the treasure hunt remember when that hunt was designed and created that chip was probably uncrackable and not able to be cheated. But how many years has it been since he set that up? I'm sure by now that the chip is easily hacked now just like anything today gets hacked.

So cheating on that test was very probable and realistic for this setting.

Now on the subject of the Robot maybe it's not specifically a robot but THE ROBOT. After all the robot was started by Misaki maybe someone believes it has a secret and by helping to create a new robot and scrap that one they are able to obtain the robot without anyone being the wiser if we are talking conspiracy theory here.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:41   Link #648
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'm starting to get invested in this show, but there's one thing holding it back. Our main character: Kai. He is quite possibly my most hated character this season. His smug attitude combined with every line that comes out of his mouth makes me want to smack him. Hard.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:41   Link #649
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So now that Kai has done all of those improbable gaming related tasks he should be able to get the Triforce next episode right?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:24   Link #650
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kai continues to impress as a lead, for much the same reasons he has all along. Here we see that his cool customer act isn’t an act – even in the midst of being kidnapped by MIBs he walks the walk and doesn’t just talk the talk. The fact that he keeps such a cool head about him makes him more interesting, and also adds some weight to the times when he sets himself to accomplishing serious tasks. The reason, I think, his slacker vibe works so well as a character is because he’s actually extremely curious, quite determined and rather compassionate, though he doesn’t call any attention to himself in the process. It’s hallowed ground for me, but I’m actually seeing elements of Kitamura Kou (Cross Game) in his makeup – Kai is an Adachi-like male lead in the he projects an everyman, unexceptional quality and professes to be somewhat dispassionate, but he’s actually extremely capable and possessed of a fiercely strong will.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:55   Link #651
Byakou

I'm a bit disappointed that instead of coming up with something original the author just borrowed a conspiracy theory. Evil rich men with a depopulation agenda.. like we haven't heard that before. Author should have come up with something entirely theirs.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:58   Link #652
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that instead of coming up with something original the author just borrowed a conspiracy theory. Evil rich men with a depopulation agenda.. like we haven't heard that before. Author should have come up with something entirely theirs.
A borrowed conspiracy theory worked quite fine with Steins;Gate though...

Old 2012-11-30, 20:59   Link #653
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Author should have come up with something entirely theirs.
That's not quite as easy as you make it seem. Plus, incorporating real-world conspiracy theories is kind of one of the things that defines the Science Adventure trilogy's identity.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:53   Link #654
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well there where better ways of getting them but that was the awesome way with black vans and with goons
Old 2012-11-30, 23:31   Link #655
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Kai’s spasm activated at the right time and the right place. It becomes more like “spider sense” than an illness ^^. Also, why the hell Kai chose to activate the radar when he obviously knew that the storm was coming? Ai’s warning aside, all those black clouds are impossible to be ignored. He almost lost his life cleaning up the mess he made. I guess that made him both smart and foolish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
BTW, another Gundam ref, with the smile under the hands .
It's not from Gundam. It's the habit of Gendo Ikari from Evangelion.
Old 2012-11-30, 23:48   Link #656
garbage

that's kinda annoying, they just made the MC, Kai so stupid as to open a protective dome (and leave it that way) in the middle of a storm...what he's so lazy to think?
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 01:11   Link #657
molitar

That does not make him stupid it makes him HUMAN. We as humans make mistakes and he was so distracted by Centipede and the steps to get the second report that his curiosity got the better of his judgement. This is being human and portrays him as a human and not some perfect robot. Why do you think the saying goes 'Curiosity killed the cat'.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 01:37   Link #658
garbage

what are you talking about? Being human does not excuse stupidity, and it does not excuse his actions, it still is stupid, regardless of his being a human or not. In fact i'm tired of all that skewed reasoning that always pop-up as an excuse in fiction and even in real life as if being human means it's ok to do stupid things. In fact he was warned by Airi from the start, even he himself acknowledged that he "knows that the storm is coming, and is in fact already there." What is he a 3 yr old kid who doesn't now what a storm is? This is not a small thing we're talking about (the storm) this is a force of nature, man has not been able to contain let alone control with all his science, heck even a little kid would know danger.

What's worse is in this episode it just seems to be used as a way to forward the plot, but in the end it just made the MC stupid, nothing else.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 01:51   Link #659
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
That does not make him stupid it makes him HUMAN. We as humans make mistakes and he was so distracted by Centipede and the steps to get the second report that his curiosity got the better of his judgement. This is being human and portrays him as a human and not some perfect robot. Why do you think the saying goes 'Curiosity killed the cat'.
Actually, Kai’s reckless decision alone is not really a problem for me. I’m actually annoyed when Kai was complaining that he had to protect that antenna-thing because Airi indirectly asked him to. So, not only did he made a glaring mistake, he basically blame others for something he should be taken responsible of.
Old 2012-12-01, 03:05   Link #660
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
science fiction