AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-04-24, 17:29   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Spring 2016: General Impressions thread - post your opinion and grade

With most series being around the three eps range (either done or incoming) ... let's talk about the current anime season, Spring 2016. ^^

The intention of the thread is mostly to discuss what's hot and new, but any thoughts on carryovers from previous seasons may be brought up, but do make sure you are talking about the most recent episodes (don't come here to rant about One Piece or Naruto fillers from last year, for example).

Because it is still early, it may be a good idea to express grades in terms of keep/drop/stall if you're unwilling to give a rating at this point, or something like that. I'm more interested in which new shows are your priorities and why.

Previous formats went something like this, but obviously you are free to express your thoughts however you want; Your rating can be in terms of letter grades, numerical ratings, facepalms, Minkofaces, Deens, Ufotables, Sparkles, etc. Or maybe you don't believe in grades. Your explanations are far more important then what you actually gave out.

Name of Series:
Episodes Watched:
Rating:
Comments:
Status (Keep/drop/stall):

Also, I would ask that any specifics be kept in spoiler tags, please.

Nobody will arrest you for violating any formats or anything so post whatever thoughts and try not to comment on other people too much.
Old 2016-04-24, 22:51   Link #2
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Name of series: Ace Attorney
Eps watched: 4
Rating: N/A
Comments: ironically at its best when it's not in the courtroom

Name of series: Anne Happy♪
Eps watched: 2
Comments: Ruri is the fagger in all of us, a series of Anne fortunate events, Karma has Declined, K-On! with cynicism

Name of series: Bakuon!!
Comments: K-On! with motorbikes, Onsa owns this show, ass, bike rider virginity, Club Games on Moétorcycles

Name of series: High School Fleet
Comments: expected cute girls doing boat things, got several shiploads of AWESOME, Fun Arpeggio, Akeno owns this season, well that escalated quickly

Name of series: Joker Game
Eps watched: 3
Comments: no clowns were harmed in the making of this show, fuck yeah 1930’s fashion, 008, the same face syndrome is strong with this one, double agents, triple crossed, multi schemes, a single boss

Name of series: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Comments: Attack on Zombies, The Polar Distress, shot through the heart, but maybe you’re not too late, smarter Eren Yeager, the Kabaneri better not Jobber Aura everyone

Name of series: Macross Δ
Comments: Freyja has the best cowlick ever, I believe I can fly, it’ll be genuinely surprising if that OP isn’t hinting at a love Δ, suddenly zombies

Names of series: Kuromukuro
Comments: Kennosuke owns this show, The Last Mecha-Piloting Samurai, Attack of the Drones
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2016-04-28 at 00:57.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 03:23   Link #3
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Negative stuff first so maybe I can end this with nice positive thoughts. Also, I don't go by any kind of three episode rule or anything... I drop things when I decide there's probably not enough for me to enjoy, which sometimes happens before the first episode even ends. Also, some of my comments might seem kind of harsh, but I don't mean any offense to anyone who DOES enjoy those things. Different tastes, and all that.
Nope:
  • 12-sai: Chicchana Mune wo Tokimeki (only saw about half the 1st ep)
    Really did not catch my interest. I think I was just expecting something that it was simply not going to be.
  • Boku no Hero Academia (one episode)
    Seemed pretty good, but it's of the variety of shounen that doesn't appeal to me. Oddly, I've noticed a pattern where shounen written by females are the ones that tend to get my interest... before I even realize they were originally written by females.
  • Bungou Stray Dogs (one episode)
    I really wanted to like this because the promo art looked really cool and the literary references seemed like something that I'd find amusing, but it felt like a very ordinary shounen despite all that.
  • Endride (one episode)
    I didn't see anything wrong with it, exactly, but it also didn't seem particularly well done and was really not engaging to me.
  • Joker Game (two episodes)
    Really wanted to like this, bcause I like the concept and it's always a nice treat to have an anime set in this time period and I literally just finished watching Senkou no Night Raid, but... It really didn't seem very good.
  • Kiznaiver (pre-air special, 1/2 eps)
    I've never really gotten along with Trigger works. The pre-airing special made it seem like it would eventually have interesting things to say involving bonds and scars, but from the one or two actual episodes I watched it just seemed very dull, with no charm. Kind of started to annoyed me, too, in the same way that Death Parade did.
  • Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (one episode)
    I'm rather fond of the visual style in this one, though it seems inconsistent... Sometimes the designs will seem so detailed, but then in the very next scene it'll look like your typical anime. Either way, it was basically just Shingeki no Kyojin again (jeez, they even got Sawano to compose for it) and that never caught my interest either.
  • Kuromukuro (two episodes)
    I have a hard time getting into mecha shows, and I guess this is no exception. I'm done with this one, though. It's not interesting enough for me and really, I was only checking it out because of Tensai Okamura's involvement.
  • Mayoiga (one episode)
    I know a lot of people are interested in this, but I really just thought it was a chaotic mess... People compare it to Another a lot, and I gotta say, Mayoiga makes Another look like a masterpiece to me. Definitely staying away from this one, personally.
  • Sakamoto desu ga? (one episode)
    A guy that's "awesome" and one-ups everyone constantly? It didn't sound like a very interesting premise to me, but I gave the first episode a try because of the hype surrounding it. The humor or whatever the appeal was supposed to be is totally lost on me.
Yes:
  • Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - THE LAST SONG (3 eps)
    I loved the first cours of this, so watching the rest was really a no-brainer. Still enjoying it a ton, and I love how many superhero/superhuman shows it references constantly. I watch a lot of Shotaro Ishinomori stuff and I just remember exploding constantly way back in episode 3(?) of the first cours... Hoping for more of that. It's even a brave enough show to criticize Japan.
  • Flying Witch (3 eps seen)
    I'm not terribly fond of this, but it's a nice laid-back kind of comedy, and despite the millions of anime airing this season I've been having a hard time finding things that feel worth watching. It has some really nice moments of humor, though.
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: DIAMOND IS NOT CRAAASH (4 eps seen)
    Really loving the visual style in this. Every time I look at those pretty clouds with their bizarre colors... More interesting Stands this time around, too. While there were a few greats in Stardust Crusaders, there were far more boring ones, so I'm hoping the creativity just gets better from here. I just wish they hadn't gone with a Savage Garden song for the ending song. I used to listen to them when I was a lot younger, but, catchy though they may be, I'm not convinced any of their songs were ever good. It does sort of set the right feel for the kind of slow, more "casual" story this has been so far, though, so it's not like it doesn't fit. ... except I wake up with that song stuck in my head now.
  • Kuma Miko (4 eps seen)
    This is hilarious. I guess some people are unfomfortable with the more sexual humor, but it still seems like a very innocent kind to me, if that makes sense. The rest of the humor is still great, too. Love Natsu's voice and the ending theme.
  • Macross Delta (3 eps seen)
    Big Macross fan here, had no choice but to watch it. I'm not sure what to think of yet, even this far in, and I really do worry about Kawamori's fixation on idols these days, Actually, I've been worried about his more recent works in general. But... Ikenai Borderline is one awesome song. I might even like it more than any other vocal Macross song, if we ignore anything from Plus and Zero...
  • Aggressive Retsuko (2 eps seen)
    Shorts always seem to have the weirdest concepts. A red panda office worker that basically gets bullied and harassed by all her coworkers and sings death metal at karaoke after work to blow off steam. Cute and amusing, and... a weird concept to begin with.
  • Shounen Ashibe GO! GO! Goma-chan (3 eps seen)
    It's about a boy and his cute seal. How can I not enjoy this?
  • Space Patrol Luluco (4 eps seen)
    The short that everyone should watch. And also the only Trigger thing that's clicked with me. This thing is hilarious, charming, and definitely does not overstay its welcome with its short run time.
  • Usakame (3 eps seen)
    I'm going to watch all of this because I'm one of those insane people that actually enjoys Teekyuu (of which this is a spinoff) but I have to say, the humor is not really clicking with me this time around. ... Oh no, I ended the post with post with bad news after alll...
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 06:20   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Name of Series: Joker Game
Episodes Watched: 3
Rating: A-
Comments: I didn't think the first episode was particularly impressive but things really improved when it started putting characters through their paces. And I do have a strong interest for highly political historical settings. Really good stuff.

Name of Series: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Episodes Watched: 2
Rating: B+
Comments: I honestly couldn't care less how ham-fisted it is because it's awesome as fuck. Pretty much exactly what I expected from the team behind Attack on Titan and it doesn't disappoint. A bit difficult for me to decide which one I like more. I think I like the characters in Kabaneri more (especially Mumei) but AoT was better at giving its characters a bit more charm through humor. AoT also gave a lot more focus to the setting.

Name of Series: Kiznaiver
Comments: There's a lot of wackiness but there's also a lot of charm. The characters are all really likable and I can't get enough of the soundtrack.

Name of Series: Re:Zero
Episodes Watched: 4
Comments: I didn't expect myself to enjoy this so much but I really do. There's just so much heart to these characters and the chemistry is great. It was really great to see everything come together for Subaru in Episode 3 but it's a good thing he's got save points. The meta-jokes can get a little tiring but that's a minor issue.

Name of Series: Kuromukuro
Comments: The writing can be a bit rough around the edges but the characters are all likable enough and the direction is really good. The action scenes are always really epic and well choreographed.
Rating: B

Name of Series: Space Patrol Luluco
Comments: I'm not particularly interested in the craziness but watching Luluco's attempts at getting senpai to notice her is just really cute.

Name of Series: Bungou Stray Dogs
Comments: Episode 3 managed to save this show for me but unfortunately Episode 4 was a drop straight down to mediocrity again so I'm really torn on whether I should continue with this for now. The comedy just doesn't work for me at all and now it's starting to have the opposite effect. Plus the incessant use of the same flashback is really pissing me off.
Rating: C

Name of Series: Mayoiga
Comments: I don't know what the fuck is going on.
Rating: ???

Name of Series: High School Fleet
Comments: For the love of God, kill them all. Except the twins, they're allowed to live.
Rating: Kanae Itou

Shows I tried but dropped:
Boku no Hero Academia: Decided to watch the first episode after seeing how much activity its thread was getting, but I don't really see what the fuss is about. I watched the first episode and it just didn't interest me at all.
Flying Witch - Exactly what I remember the manga being like: Too pedestrian for me.
Endride - Utterly, utterly bland. Didn't even finish the episode.
Hundred - The first half of the first episode was just such an amazing storm of cliché and stupidity that I couldn't carry on any further.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 20:08   Link #5
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 2 (watched 5 eps): So far, so good. This season directly follows the progress of the Phoenix Festa, and the fights have improved in overall quality. Some intriguing developments behind the scenes too, but they still lack a presence that can be appreciated.

Flying Witch (watched 4 eps): As it is, Flying Witch is a comfortable watch, but may be competing with Kuma Miko and Tanaka-kun is Always A Sleepy Bastard. Since I'm not watching either, the show may work in my favor.

Netoge (watched 4 eps): Currently my favorite of the season for being relevant to my interests, from the character designer, to the story and characters. Gotta wonder how the relationship of Hideki and Ako will develop over time (and will blood be shed in the process ).

Hundred (watched 4 eps): A boy with a potential to wield "a hundred weapons" and to claim a hundred hearts. So far, it runs just like the usual school battle harem, with Hayato Kisaragi slowly building his concubines on Little Garden. Will be watching without any expectations.

Bakuon! (watched 4 eps): Some say it's a parody of K-ON, or that it's inspired by a group of crazy people driving all kinds of stuff. But all we know is that it's currently a fun ride the entire way!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2016-04-30 at 21:04.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 22:38   Link #6
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

The very good (A- range)
Name of Series: Zero kara
Comments: Pretty, interesting and lovely characters. What's not to like.
Status (Keep): 1st of A- range

Name of Series: Shonen maid
Comments: Warm and fuzzy and likeable characters. I can't complaint.
Status (Keep): 2nd of A- range

Name of Series: Flying witch
Comments: Very calming and mature characters for the most part. It's nice.
Status (Keep): 3rd of A- range

Name of Series: Sakamoto
Comments: Very amusing and nice to look at. I like.
Status (Keep): 4th of A- range

Name of Series: Joker game
Comments: Pretty and interesting but dark (literally)
Status (Keep): 5th of A- range

The good (B+ range)
Name of Series: 12 sai
Comments: Light and sweet. It's enjoyable.
Status (Keep): 1st of B+ range

Name of Series: Netoge no yome
Comments: Pretty and somewhat amusing. I kind of like.
Status (Keep): 2nd of B+ range

The very OK (B range)
Name of Series: Super lovers
Comments: It's kind of pretty and sweet. I'm cool with it.
Status (Keep): 1st of B range

Name of Series: Sinbad
Episodes Watched: 1
Comments: Has potential and characters are somewhat likeable.
Status (Keep): 2nd of B range

The OK (B- range)
Name of Series: Kabaneri
Comments: Pretty to look at but the plot and characters aren't sticking.
Status (Keep): 1st of B- range

Name of Series: Mayoiga
Comments: Chaotic but is still interesting. No likeable characters. It's weird.
Status (Keep): 2nd of B- range

The bad (C+ range)
Name of Series: Bungou stray dogs
Comments: It's kind of pretty but I'm annoyed at the lame repetitive suicide jokes. Not funny.

Name of Series: Endride
Comments: Not that pretty, weird plot and annoying characters.

Name of Series: Sousei no onmyouji
Comments: Boring repetitive pointless battles in ugly weird looking red stuff.

The ugly (D and F range) and dropped
Ace attorney
Tanaka-kun
Boku no hero academia
Pan de peace
Kuma miko
Seisen cerberus
Hundred
Kiznaiver
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 16:25   Link #7
Dawnstorm

My favourites this season:

Concrete Revoulutio: Colourful and tightly packed to the brim with cultural reference. The last two episodes seemed more self-contained and linear than usual.

Tanaka-kun: Relaxing slice of life. I'm not sure why, but the show reminds me of Isshukan Friends (it's pretty different).

Flying Witch: Another relaxing slice of life show.

Shounen Maid: Cute, heart-warming stuff.

Very Enterntaining, and I always look forward to these shows:

Anne Happy: Shin Ounuma can go either way with me; luckily, this show is right up my alley.

Kuma Miko: runs on cuteness (and, yes, that includes the bear).

Re:Zero: Entertaining portal fantasy with goundhog-day elements. I love Puck.

Assassination Classroom 2: I'm getting diminishing returns at this point, but the last two episodes were very well done.

Sousei no Onmyouji: Something in the style clicks with me (the happy-family nightmare that started off episode 2 was brilliant). Seems like a very standard shounen fighter otherwise.

Asterisk Wars 2: Another shounen fighter the clicks with me.

Cerberus: I didn't really like it much after the first episode, but with every episode I grow fonder of it. It's got an unusual aura of intential stupidity.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Stylish fun.

Kagewani 2: The cut-out horror sthort returns and starts to weave a story.

Sansha Sanyou: Rather typical cute-girls show. Well done, though.

[Carryover: Nijiro Days: The surprisingly entertaining first-love show from the boys' perspective continues to be what it's always been. Receives too little attention, IMO.]

These shows are a nice pastime but I wouldn't really miss any of them:

Goma-chan: Baby seal cuteness.

Kuromukuro: Better than expected. Has the potential to rise to the look-forward tier. Who knows?

Sakamoto desu ka?: The series sense of cool isn't my sense of cool, and the anime drags in parts. But when it's good, it's very good.

Space Patrol Luluco: Inane humour and cute characterdesigns with not much wasted time.

Ushio to Tora 2: Diminishing returns. Also, is the pacing perhaps a tad to quick? Some developments make sense, but since you don't have time to process them they feel half-heartedly thrown in. It's still fairly entertaining.

Macross Delta: My first Macross. I get the feeling this shouldn't be my first Macross. Other than that, it's entertaining enough.

Boku no Hero Academia: A fairly standard shounen fighter. I see potential for improvement, now that Academia life begins, because I have a hunch that bouncing quirky personalities off each other could be a strength of the show once it gets going.

Bakuon: It's okay. It has spots of brilliance, but mostly it's just okay. (People who like motorbiking might feel differently.)

Haifuri: It's okay, but the rather generic cuteness is distracting rather than charming.

Mayoiga: A battle royal full of one-trick ponies. I watch in disbelief.

I can't make up my mind:

Kiznaiver: Before episode 3, this would have clearly been in category 3, but it's showing promise now. I don't know what to make of it at all. Judgement suspended.

Big Order: Anything is possible with this show. Favourite? Drop? I ended up liking Mirai Nikki, so I'm more optimistic than pessimistic. The most recent episode managed to out-wtf Mayoiga with its ending.

Dropped:

Hundred: It's only annoying when it's not boring, so there's that.

Joker Game: After two episodes I find I don't like the show's general mood.

Endride: Crystals shouldn't be this dull.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 10:46   Link #8
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Mayoiga
Episodes seen: 4
Comments: Overall, I have enjoyed Mayoiga so far, even if it is hard to remember all of the characters, so you only really remember the ones that stick out, (i.e. the main characters, the crazy ones, and the weird ones). The atmosphere has thus far had good air of mystery, but I am concerned about the end of the last episode, when they start literally seeing giant... things...
Comments- Akuma Style!: Welcome to Hinamizawa Light; A bus of fools; Did I mention your new life came with bears... or whatever's in the woods?; Kids these days can't read maps; Going out alone into the creepy forest on a stormy night, this always ends well!

Haifuri
Comments: I was expecting this to be basically Girls und Panzer, but with warships, but was pleasantly surprised to find a series with solid action and a plot that keeps you watching. Will definitely keep watching.
Comments- Akuma style!: Girls und Panzerschiffe; Those bastards will pay for what they did to our rice cooker!; Shit gets serious; Toilet paper: you don't realize how important it is until it's gone; In a world where schoolgirls are mysteriously gifted with the power to operate obsolete warships with no training...

Endride
Episodes Watch: 1
Comments: Another generic isekai... Dropped.
Comments- Akuma Style!: The futuristic Japan the protagonist left behind was more interesting; Oh look, more magic rocks; Another portal to a fantasy world: Where's the JSDF when you need them!?
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 15:23   Link #9
Dextro
He Without a Title

I haven't even started every show I was eyeing for this season but maybe I'll have to make do with what I'm following so far because free time sure as hell isn't increasing

Name of Series: Ace Attorney
Episodes Watched: 5
Rating: D
Comments: This really feels like something went terribly wrong somewhere along the production. My money's on lack of money I'm just keeping it because I love the games and I usually put an episode playing in the background and try to see what I can catch by ear.

Name of Series: Joker Game
Comments: This is the kind of show I was hoping to get out of Sengoku no Night Raid which is good. The bad part is that it still hasn't clicked with me. It's been strong enough that I've kept watching it but it's back near the end of the queue.

Comments: Visuals are exactly what I was expecting out of Trigger and the show has managed to keep my interest but I'm always a bit leery of anything with Okada attached. Thankfully I've only seen good stuff coming out of the show so I'm crossing my fingers that it'll keep that way.

Rating: A
Comments: Surprise of the season so far. Sawano never fails me on the soundtrack front, the action scenes for the first few episodes were great and the character drama that they showed on episode 3 seems right up my alley. The main male character has also been particularly likable so far and then Mumei takes the crown for female main character of the season for me. Good stuff.

Name of Series: Macross Delta
Rating: A+
Comments: Two words - Ikenai Borderline. I was sceptical when the preview came out the there was a Mahou Shoujo style transformation sequence but then the final version of the episode came out and, while overall it wasn't 100% better, it added a dancing mech. Also, and I loathe repeating myself but I absolutely must, Ikenai Borderline

Name of Series: Mayoga
Rating: WTF
Comments: I have no idea why I'm still watching this show but the truth is that I'm still here. It's like a train on a collision course - It's awful but you just can't stop looking. It hasn't yet reached the "so bad it's good" point but it's pretty damned close. Here's hoping it manages to reach it.

Name of Series: Gundam UC RE:0096
Rating: B-
Comments: It'll have to do while no other hard scifi shows up. It's been a quick and dirty rewatching of the OVA without even a whiff of consideration for the differences between the TV and OVA mediums. It's a good way to rewatch the show though.
Status: will keep while I have the time (but Joker Game takes precedence)
Old 2016-05-03, 19:08   Link #10
pikuchan
Long time lurker

Name of Series: Kuma Miko
Rating: A
Comments:Love it, my favorite this season.

Name of Series: Sanha Sanyou
Comments: Kinda surprised that I really enjoyed this show. The visuals are great and the characters are nice to look at.

Name of Series: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Comments: I have no idea why I enjoyed this so much, especially since I don't particularly like this part of the series when I read the manga back then. Gureito-daze!

Name of Series: Flying witch

Comments: Relaxing and nice to watch.

Name of Series: 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki
Comments: It's cute, simple and straightforward. I love it

Name of Series: Kuromukuro
Comments: I came with zero expectation and got pleasantly surprised with the show. Looking forward for more episodes.

Name of Series: Macross Δ
Comments: Was a bit wary of Kawamori works these days, but I enjoyed it so far, hope it will stay that way.

Name of Series: Re:Zero
Rating: B-
Comments: It's promising, but I'm not quite sold on it yet.

Rating: C+
Comments: A decent action zombie flick so far.

Rating: C+
Comments: It's fine. The visuals are good and colourful. Still can't find myself to care about the characters though.
Old 2016-05-07, 22:54   Link #11
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Name of Series: Bungou Stray Dogs

Grade: B+

It's not as good as I thought it'd be...it is pretty much generic, but I have been looking forward to watching this series and Dazai's my favorite character this season And the literary references are pretty cool

Name of series: Sakumoto Desu Ka?

Episodes watched: 4

Grade: B-

The joke was funny in the first episode but it's kind of getting old some. I should look away and drop this but then I don't get to see what Sakamoto can pull off next. Besides, the 'bullies' are making this show for me

Title of Show: Kiznaiver

Episodes watched: 5

Grade: B+

I guess I was expecting something more serious? But I still enjoy this show immensely and I can't wait to see what a certain character's backstory is. Also, I love Tenga and Nico.

Flying Witch:
Episodes watched: 5

Grade: A+

This show is so damn cute and thank god Makoto's actually a pretty cool MC. Love EVERYONE in this show.

Space Patrol Luluco

Grade: A

Sleeper this season for me.

Will probably catch up on Joker Game and Academia later on.

Biggest Disappointment: Ace Attorney

Boy for such a big and popular game, they skimped on the animation. I love camp but....this wasn't really for me.
Old 2016-05-24, 03:35   Link #12
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Mayoiga
Episodes Seen: 7
Comments: OK, so the giant monsters are reflections of the of the inner demons of the cast, has a very Silent Hill vibe to it, lets hope it doesn't become too much of a rip off. Also, one of the monsters is just ridiculous. Certainly doesn't live up to my hopes of the next Higurashi, more like the next Another at best.
Comments- Akuma Style!: Another Another?; Groupthink is a dangerous thing; Lovepon is not so loving; Not the bees; Beware the chuuni ones.

Haifuri
Episodes Seen: 6
Comments: Still entertaining, even if it does go increasingly into sci-fi cliche territory with the whole insanity virus thing. That thing can be done well, but it is hard because it is done a lot, so the bar in order to stand out is higher.
Comments- Akuma style!: Hinamizawa Syndrome on a boat; Schizo-tech, naval edition; The first cat outranks you all, and soon enough, the other will too.

Re:Zero
Episodes Seen: 7
Comments: Overall, liking this one so far. The plot is interesting enough to keep me watching and the protagonist is quite likable, reminding me of Okabe Rintarou of Steins;Gate.
Comments- Akuma Style!: Is this a video game?; Respawn in 3... 2... 1...; Red Meido, Blue Meido; Camera Phone Flashbang
Old 2016-06-02, 08:58   Link #13
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm only watching a couple shows this season.

Hundred: It's basically Infinite Stratos with a less stupid MC. It's okay, watchable, though fairly generic action/harem anime. 6/10

Sousei no Onmyouji: Very interesting, never quite seen a show exactly like it, though it vaguely reminds me of Blue Exorcist for some reason. Not sure why. 8/10

Boku no Hero Academia: Pretty much everything I love about shounen and superheroes, wrapped into a neat little package. By far my favorite of the season. 9/10

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri: Quite enjoyable. Pretty much zombies on trains. I like trains, I like zombies. Works for me. 8/10

Ace Attorney: I really like the games, but I can't watch this show. The campy-ness does not translate into an anime well at all. I had to drop it after 3 episodes. 3/10
Old 2016-06-25, 19:27   Link #14
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Since I have finally finished all of my shows this season, it's time to give my final thoughts.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 2: It's a rather unfortunate thing that we're unable to see the Gryps Festa aside from a small montage of scenes. This might mean that the series could start right at the beginning of the Gryps Festa, or the anime has just killed its own chances for a sequel. That aside, the show was decent in at least closing the Phoenix Festa and show a little filler involving Julis and Claudia.

Flying Witch: Still reeling from the last episode. I consider Flying Witch to be my AOTS, simply because a show that delivered with a satisfying ending has been very hard to get in anime nowadays. The cast antics and dialogue were delivered with a natural tone—no exaggerations—and the scenery is top-notch. I'm sure Hirosaki Town is proud to see their anime in J.C. Staff's rendition.

Netoge: As a long-time MMO gamer, Netoge has awakened by memories of staying up late and whacking mobs at the expense of homework. That's a surprise, because the main reason why I picked this up was because if Hisasi, and I expected that the show won't focus that much on the gaming aspect. In the end, the show accurately depicts MMO culture and features a cute circle of friends out to support Ako and Hideki.

Hundred: It... could be worse. The show is like the standard battle academy fare, only with more active chessmasters in the field. My post-series interest in the show is probably gonna fizzle out as time goes by, especially as I jump into the next show for Summer, Qualidea Code.

Bakuon!: I had no interest in riding a bike, but for some reason, the humor worked somehow. That actually helped as some comedy shows had humor that only catered to a certain niche. There's also the fact that the show also tries to tell people that these girls like their bikes and still warns people about the dangers of getting a bike for the first time. Overall, the show was a rather unbiased view of driving motorcycles as a hobby; kudos to the author for that.

All in all, the season was a rather smooth ride for me, although some people who had watched other less satisfying shows (e.g., Kumamiko, Big Order, Kabaneri) would disagree. The fact that I finished all shows without any massive delays is a good sign. Now, off to Summer 2016!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 07:26   Link #15
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Mayoiga
Comments: OK, was entertaining enough to keep me watching, even if for the latter parts it was just to see how much further off the rails this train wreck would fall. A LOT of Silent Hill and Persona rip offs here, right down to the very premise of you're psychological scars turning into monsters. Another issue was the fact that it was hard to keep track of so many characters. Large casts have been done well before (see Shirobako), but they at least gave little reminders now and then about who everyone was.
Comments: Akuma Style! Silent Persona; Attack on Nanaki; Hayato goes yandere; Masaki waifu route unlocked; Lovepon finds love?; Crowd of characters; Bus wreck
Rating: 5 Silent Hill rip-offs out of ten.
Old 2016-07-03, 02:04   Link #16
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, here is my wrap up for the Spring season.

Spoiler for Spring 2016 Final Impressions:
Old 2016-07-04, 23:57   Link #17
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As before, this is my expectations list for Spring...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=23

Now that everything is pretty much wrapped up...

Two thumbs up WAY UP
Macross Delta
Sure only half has aired, but I have enjoyed this much more than Frontier.

Two Thumbs up
Kiznaiver - there's a reason why I'm an Okadafag, and that's because she does the osananajimi trope perfectly

Tanka-kun - hyper genki Myaano that tries to set up her friends stole the show for me. I didn't expect much from this (wasn't on my expectations list) because I thought Sakamoto would be the more enjoyable comedy. I was dead wrong.

Flying Witch - catchy OP, and boy did they ramp up the het bait with Makoto/Kei early on. Enjoyable laid back show, but IMO Tanaka-kun overshadowed this

Concrete Revolutio S2 - Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be Civil War: the anime. While not quite it, it was still good despite the lack of budget (lots of things happened off screen). S1 was still way better though

Sailor Moon S3 - Why did they not do this since the beginning of Crystal? The upgrade is ENORMOUS. Sure I'm not totally caught up (9 eps in), but that's only because Venus is getting less and less of a role (having read the manga I knew it was going to happen XD)

Thumbs Up
Spoiler for just to save space:

Thumbs Down
Spoiler:

Two Thumbs Down
Spoiler:

Neutral
Spoiler:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 03:06   Link #18
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Name: Ace Attorney
Episodes seen: 13
Comments: This show is so inconsistent and all over the place it's like watching a microcosm of Capcom's fuck ups

Name: Macross Δ
Episodes seen: 13
Comments: Freyja has the best cowlick ever, WINDBAGS, kissing faster than the speed of light, apples

Name: Joker Game
Comments: You may call them awesome, you may call them spies, but they're just D-Agency

Name: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Comments: Biba literally and metaphorically almost killed this show, Attack on Zombies

Name: High School Fleet
Comments: Akeno owns this season, Brown Sugar, diminishing returns on plot devices, oh hi Yuriko Kubo
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 09:52   Link #19
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri:
Comments: While the anime started out strong, I thought it started going downhill somewhat during the Biba arc. This was about the point where melodrama and the ridiculousness really started getting toned up to 11, particularly the last episode where Ikoma literally destroys an armored train with some kind of Dragonball Z energy blast shit. Still, I can't say that I disliked the series. For all the ridiculousness of the final battle, from start to finish, the fights were fast-paced, exciting, and well animated, and the world of the story was superbly detailed.
Comments- Akuma style!: Attack on Zombies; Ikoma saves his waifu; Bad decisions for plot convenience; Last arc trainwreck- literally; Cliche but fun;
Rating: 6 literal train wrecks out of 10.

Haifuri:
Comments: My nominee for best of season, or at least the (admittedly three) shows that I watched. Managed to go above and beyond what I expected of a moé meets military hardware series with a plot with enough twists and turns to keep my on the edge of my seat, along with superbly animated fight scenes between realistic-looking warships. Was pleasantly reminded of Zipang, as well as my time playing Battlestations Pacific (or around 2007).
Comments: Akuma style!: Pretty much this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Comments: Akeno owns this season
Also:
Japan Moé Self Defense Force; trigger-happy Mei; Hinamizawa Syndrome on a boat; With a touch of brown sugar; Don't go down with the ship
Rating: 8 torpedo hits out of ten fired.