AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 27 29.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 16.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-02, 21:42   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not bad overall. While it was rushed (though with a 13 episode series I'm not surprised), it had some good action for parts. The army was pretty pathetic though, they just got owned during the entire battle. I'm surprised no one had tried to invade before.

I had expected the ammo to run out earlier so it wasn't that surprising when it happened. I didn't think the void attack was that bad, took a while to get going but it sure left a big impact after. I liked how they took down the Golem with some good teamwork. THe ending was alright with some outbursts from Louis then the kiss.

Would've been nice if they had made the series longer. I'm hoping they will make another season but who knows.
Old 2006-10-03, 00:54   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Louise of the Void

Yatta! I made it. Finally, I have watched the last episode after all the struggle and patience I have to endure with my crappy speed connection.

It satisfies me how much time and building the staff invested on Louise's geniune affection for Saito to overflow and let it out. Saito reciprocated on the way boys know how to, stepping into the fires of the war to lend a hand and prevent the number of casualties.

I would have wished if the conspiracy of the ReConquista and Cromwell's scheme had been given more pacing and time to build from an early introduction rather than alloting their appearance in the last quarter of the episodes.

Oh, well! You cannot have everything to ask for, can you?

But I'm also glad that the animation staff also granted time and climax for the Zero's flight scenes to be witness of its cool speed power, and how cool of a Gandalfr Saito showed us while piloting it.
The soundtrack scores on those scenes were such a cool treat to listen, than I'm very resolved to get the soundtrack.

The animation staff even allow some pacing and momentum for Wald to put Saito under a desperate and dead end situation, until Louise revels on her 'Void' powers that is.

And last, I could not help myself but to LOL of my lungs watching a tsundere Louise on Saito's arms kissing him all of a sudden, once the war was over.
Poor Saito was not able to return home, but on the bright side received his well earned kiss from his magus mistress. But not everything is lost, since the Zero received minor damages, but it is still within the limit for repairs to be made on it plust Colbert has the knowledge to manufacture gasoline, as long as he gets a sample.

Even with the Ring of Andvari, Cromwell proved to a fussy pushover to an even lower level, that practically he was effortlessly pawned by none other than Guiche with just a stick.
Still Fouquet is on the loose.

Not much was totally covered, as there's still more territory to explore in the plot, since I felt that the ending was just a normal episode rather than a series finale.

Whenever the conclusion to an anime satisfies me I usually feel nostalgic with a void, knowing that said series has already ended and that's just it, no more continuation to it. However, this was not what I felt from Zero no Tsukaima's ending.
Old 2006-10-03, 21:53   Link #43
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
I forgot what happens to the female green cloaked magician, foquay or something. SHe escapes, so maybe there will be a second season.

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
Old 2006-10-05, 15:40   Link #44
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
I thought Fouquet was pretty weak. I liked the episode, Louise passing off that kisu was halarious. tsundere gets me every time.
Old 2006-10-05, 18:27   Link #45
Furudanuki

Sad to see the series end. It wasn't novel or groundbreaking, but it was a fun ride for the short (TOO short) time it lasted. I've learned the hard way to never expect or hope for a second season, but I can't help but notice that Fouquet got away and we never actually see Wald die. If Cromwell escapes - assuming they don't do the intelligent thing and execute him on the spot - all the bad guys can be together again. So I won't say never just yet.

I did get a bit of a chuckle near the end when they showed that Tabitha had the Ring of Andvari. I'd be willing to bet that there are going to be some changes made back home in Gallia before she returns that item to the water elemental!
Old 2006-10-16, 20:14   Link #46
kamikazex

yup...sucks it ended just finihsed it also
Old 2006-10-24, 03:40   Link #47
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yay, finally got to watching the last episode. Overall im impressed with it considering how much they needed to cramp in to it. Yes, it felt rushed but not that much. I wanted to lol when the invasion fleet turned out to be one ship Oh well...for better or for worse.

Louise's void magic left me dissapointed. I was expecting something...darker? Like creating a local black hole or something...definitely not a big flash of light

I loved the way Louise reacted once she woke up in Saito's arms. First she snaps at him and the kisses him before he can react. This moment was pure gold. She finally managed to get arround her noble business, but still manages to say something like 'renewal of our contract' as if trying to keep up the noble act :P (while blushing ofc)... oh well, i didnt expect anything less from her Saito is aparantly still doing chores, only i bet he has gotten a promotion concerning his sleeping place

Chances for second season....slim to none. They hardly have anything to work with. The plane is pretty heavily damaged and i dont think a medieval technology can fix it ... But then again i dont think there is a need for the second season - Saito made his choice to stay with Louise instead of going home, so i dont see a need for a second season.

It was a (too)short ride and it wasnt anything spectacular, but i truly enjoyed the series, even if i disliked Louise in the start, she managed to grow on me during the series, so its all good.

cheers *goes to raid the image thread for some pics*
Old 2006-10-24, 04:39   Link #48
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, it did feel like Shakugan no Shana all over again. However, I liked it better somehow than SnS (not to say SnS wasn't good).

First of all, Louise was more likeable than Shana for me.
I perceived Saito as a far better lead than Yuuji.
Some gripes I have : The series is too short. If Shana got 24 eps, movie and plans for second seasons, I don't see why ZnT couldn't get more novels, therefore more animated stuff. I liked the somewhat lighthearted premises more than the brooding SnS world. And damn, while I think Louise is nice, AGAIN (as was obvious), the male lead doesn't end with my girl of choice (Kazumi or Siesta)... Oh well... I guess it can't be helped.

I fel the whole conspiracy element was rushed and not developed as much as it could, but you can't do much in 13 eps.

The last episode was as enjoyable as the rest, although I'd want a bit more of an epilogue, it was still in the spirit of the rest of the series, so no gripes about it. It was a good ending.

Overall, it was fun, not the best or anything groundbreaking, but I'll certainly watch a second season if it ever comes out.
Old 2006-10-24, 08:41   Link #49
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
. And damn, while I think Louise is nice, AGAIN (as was obvious), the male lead doesn't end with my girl of choice (Kazumi or Siesta)... Oh well... I guess it can't be helped.
Tell me about it I was rooting for Siesta all the way (while louise is not that bad in the end, i still dont know how one would choose her over Siesta, who has much nicer personality among with...other...assets (tho this is a matter of preference and certainly not the thing to affect my judgement in any way imaginable)(tho it was damn obvious from ep1 who the girl will be)...i also have gotten used to 'my girl' never winning.... only time that happened was Canvas 2
Old 2006-10-24, 09:40   Link #50
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Chances for second season....slim to none. They hardly have anything to work with. The plane is pretty heavily damaged and i dont think a medieval technology can fix it
Who needs technology when they have magic. Using magic to repair the Zero should be no harder than using magic to create the fuel.
Old 2006-10-24, 10:13   Link #51
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

They didnt use magic to 'create' fuel - they just copied the original (multiplied)...so what good is that going to bring? And story-wise...Saito allready made his choice, so in my eyes it is finished. I wouldnt mind if the first season would have been at least 24 eps, but imo this story is finished and it is highly unlikely that there will be a second season.
Old 2006-10-24, 10:18   Link #52
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

What prevents us from having a sequel in that world? I mean, the characters are there, you just need an interesting villain and an interesting story. A universe doesn't end when a character decides to stay there
Old 2006-10-24, 10:25   Link #53
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I wouldnt mind that i gues. I would like to see the relationship between Saito and Louise develop. It would contain tons of fun no doubt. But either way i highly doubt there will be a second season.
Old 2006-10-24, 11:35   Link #54
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
They didnt use magic to 'create' fuel - they just copied the original (multiplied)...so what good is that going to bring? And story-wise...Saito allready made his choice, so in my eyes it is finished. I wouldnt mind if the first season would have been at least 24 eps, but imo this story is finished and it is highly unlikely that there will be a second season.
And exactly how did they copy the fuel. I don't think it was with technology. And, if I am not mistaken, they don't have to create a Zero from scratch, just repar a broken one. I don't think that it would be unreasonable that a spell existed to take the Zero back to the condition it was before the battle.

As for the choice, there is a lot of difference between deciding to stay and save Louise and deciding to stay forever. It would just be putting the final decision off until later.

As far as I can see, they left the option open for a second season or an OVA, even if they never have one. Just remember the "Planet of the Apes" sequel. They deliberately destroyed the earth at the end so there could NEVER be another "Planet of the Apes" movie. But, strangely, I seem to remember there being more than two.
Old 2006-10-24, 12:38   Link #55
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I gues we will just have to agree to disagree here
Old 2006-10-27, 00:47   Link #56
Ren90270

Hi Everyone!

TO ALL ZERO NO TSUKAIMA FANS!!!

If you want to see the 2nd season of this series, go to this website and sign an official petition to request for a second season!

http://www.k-neko.net/?p=86

Thank you for your attention!
Old 2006-10-27, 04:07   Link #57
Katsuo
eh?

Well i just finished watching this last night i must say it turned out to be a great episode. Louise's void magic was a little dissapointing though, a nice big white light, next time i go to the beach ill be sure to see how much damage i can cause to a fishing boat with a flashlight. But the kiss at the end made a nice finishing touch if i might say so.

Other than that, this series had alot of potential. I would have liked to see a 24 episode season to fill in the rest of the characters backgrounds along with a few more adventures as well as focusing more on Saito's and Louise's relationship instead of getting mad at each other half the time. But what can i say, with the 13 episodes they put out there i think they did a hell of a good job.

I think they could most definatly make a second season with the material they have left. Fouque(i think thats how you spell her name ^.^) is still out there, and like i said before, this would be a good opportunity to learn more about the characters and build on Saito's and Louise's relationship.

This is definatly one of the funnest and one of my favorite animes ive seen yet.

Anyways, to bad the season was so short and heres to a second season!
Old 2006-10-27, 04:36   Link #58
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the other thing you could expect with a void spell is a ball of Darkness and I'm not sure I'll die if I turn off all the lights in my house Or did you expect a black hole? As in, uncontrollable, suck-everything-in-including-the-caster thingie?
Old 2006-10-27, 05:00   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i was expecting that the "void" power to be linked with "darkness" but it turned out to be a shining bright light that erased everything could have had the same effect with a black hole tho

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-27, 18:40   Link #60
Katsuo
eh?

I was hoping for something that made a big BOOM! I dont know, maybe have the screen shake a little bit or have the ship totaly blown to pieces instead of just catching on fire. What really would have tickled my fancy would have been a big beam that hits the ship and literally shreds the thing apart followed by a big kablam, but thats the way she goes.

oh yeah and as for that question definatly Warrior Henrietta, now if only we had Warrior Siesta.
Closed Thread