AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-13, 23:56   Link #12081
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Are you trying to say that the Mikoto vs Gunha fight in the SS occurred almost the same dates Gunha fights Ollerus?

If that's what you mean then there will be some contradictions indeed...
Check the illustration, Mikoto was wearing her summer uniform, making the timeline well before October 13.
Old 2011-07-13, 23:57   Link #12082
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
SS takes place slightly before Therestina vs. Mikoto.
Which SS? The Jihanki SS or SS2?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-07-14, 00:07   Link #12083
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Are you trying to say that the Mikoto vs Gunha fight in the SS occurred almost the same dates Gunha fights Ollerus?

If that's what you mean then there will be some contradictions indeed...
Clarifying, when fighting Ollerus, Gunha didn't recognize the Sisters faces, which makes me believe he hadn't met Mikoto yet at that point. Either that or he just didn't give it a thought about why did they had the same face as her. But it still sound more likely to me that he simply didn't know Mikoto yet.

Now that Mr. Kyon has given the timeframe, it means Mikoto vs Gunha took place before Gunha vs Ollerus... So there's something weird there at any rate.
Old 2011-07-14, 00:18   Link #12084
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Clarifying, when fighting Ollerus, Gunha didn't recognize the Sisters faces, which makes me believe he hadn't met Mikoto yet at that point. Either that or he just didn't give it a thought about why did they had the same face as her. But it still sound more likely to me that he simply didn't know Mikoto yet.

Now that Mr. Kyon has given the timeframe, it means Mikoto vs Gunha took place before Gunha vs Ollerus... So there's something weird there at any rate.
It's either the same as how Index doesn't recognize Mikoto despite having supposedly the same face as Imouto because she too attentive to the subtle differences, or Gunha just forgot about it... I mean, he is the hotblooded man of action right? Those characters aren't know for their long term memory skills... And it was two-three months ago... I don't know about you, but I can't remember people I've only met briefly after 3 weeks or less.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-14 at 00:29.
Old 2011-07-14, 00:27   Link #12085
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's either the same as how Index doesn't recognize Mikoto despite having supposedly the same face as Imouto because she too attentive to the subtle differences, or Gunha just forgot about it... I mean, he is the hotblooded man of action right? Those characters aren't know for their long term memory skills... And it was two-three months ago... I don't know about you, but I can't remember people I've only met briefly after 3 weeks.
Mmm... I can, but you got a good point. Index couldn't possibly forget a face she's seen but also made no recognition when meeting Mikoto... So Gunha who does NOT have a perfect memory and isn't all that bright either could have easily forgotten, even if he did meet a level 5.

True, true, then there's no contradiction on that account.
Old 2011-07-14, 00:46   Link #12086
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Let's just say he's too absorbed in fighting Ollerus that he does not take a second look at the Sisters helping him...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-07-14, 02:19   Link #12087
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
You know, I was about to go on my break, only to find my reference for the next TAMnI project. Congratulations, it's no.3 vs no. 7
So it's the Vending Machine SS now? Sweet, I'll thank you now and give the reason why I'm doing so in 24 hrs time
Old 2011-07-14, 04:05   Link #12088
zaeraal

But if it was before telestina fight, why didn't anime adapted it?
(Or it wasn't released by that time yet?)

I mean no.3 vs no.7 should be enough epic even as an OVA and people would buy it.
And they could easily extend it into something like: They would start by Gunha accidentaly meeting Saten and Uiharu, then having some nice slice of life with them to develop his character a bit more (they would not figure out he is a level 5 , so they would treat him as a normal boy and naturaly tease him a bit), they could also help him with some judgement work, all the development will be of course centered around that Kihara laboratory where Gunha (and Nayuta) is enrolled. Later the story would shift towards Mikoto being stalked by Nayuta, Gunha at this point already left Uiharu/Saten. Then his meeting with Shirai, fight with Misaka and him running away from Tokiwadai Dorm Manager. And all of that finished by the touching scene when Dorm manager takes hurt Nayuta on her back back to the lab (or where she lives).

BTW - I heard it was written by durarara autor and approved by Kamachi -> so it should be canon just like the Big Spider Arc or Poltergeist Arc.
Old 2011-07-14, 08:07   Link #12089
tsunade666

I won't be surprised if they don't animate Gunha. They didn't even animate the memory of an esper which falls victim in level upper. It should be in those part of the anime when they show a memory of a certain hot blooded guy that has a strong punch.
Old 2011-07-14, 08:32   Link #12090
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I won't be surprised if they don't animate Gunha. They didn't even animate the memory of an esper which falls victim in level upper. It should be in those part of the anime when they show a memory of a certain hot blooded guy that has a strong punch.
I am still hoping they will animate it either as OVA or 1st or 13th/14th episode of a new season (if there will be one).

OVAs tends to be small stories that usually does not bring any development for characters (except if it does expand someones past) and go well with main story and can be considered canon.
1st episodes of new seasons tends to have something eye-catching to refresh memory and introduce characters again.
13th/14th episodes as the new moe trend in anime dictates, tends to have fanservice, but if they decide to animate Liberal Arts arc, then there will be already enough fanservice and as 13th/14th episode they can insert this.. uh fanservice for fangirls.

The Gunha SS could fall into any of above categories.
Old 2011-07-14, 09:03   Link #12091
tsunade666

Gunha SS isn't actually an SS about him. Its about the younger Kihara and the fight between rank 3 and 7 can't be called a fight either. The good part about this SS is dorm manager of tokiwadai scaring out Gunha.
Old 2011-07-14, 14:13   Link #12092
Miraluka
Banned

Railgun SS Chapter 5 (25%)
Old 2011-07-14, 19:30   Link #12093
ellifeedn
Thinker

After reading the love-letter SS, I'm confused at what happened in part 9. Can someone explain?
Old 2011-07-14, 20:34   Link #12094
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
After reading the love-letter SS, I'm confused at what happened in part 9. Can someone explain?
Kumokawa caught the guy stealing her 'love letter', and said the whole thing was just to smoke him out. She then hypnotised him (probably not a esper ability) and decided to see if the theory 'people can't be hypnotised to kill themselves' is true.

Then cut to next part, possibly to avoid gore.
Old 2011-07-14, 20:40   Link #12095
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Kumokawa caught the guy stealing her 'love letter', and said the whole thing was just to smoke him out. She then hypnotised him (probably not a esper ability) and decided to see if the theory 'people can't be hypnotised to kill themselves' is true.

Then cut to next part, possibly to avoid gore.
Yup... Perfect Femme Fatale material right there...

At the same time, I don't want to sound ungrateful, but alot of the text- especially the conversations- are hard to make out
Old 2011-07-14, 20:57   Link #12096
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:

At the same time, I don't want to sound ungrateful, but alot of the text- especially the conversations- are hard to make out
How would you make-out with conversations anyway?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-14, 21:00   Link #12097
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
How would you make-out with conversations anyway?
Assuming you're not kidding- It means to understand or to identify, depending on the context.

...You know, that's why I said 'make out' and not 'make-out'
Old 2011-07-14, 23:23   Link #12098
Phibrizzo
Honos628

@Teh_Ping

Just because slayers is old, doesn't mean it isn't awesome it deserve more love that infinite stratos.
Old 2011-07-14, 23:28   Link #12099
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:

Trust me, I was somewhat confused as well. And you could just put 'understand' or 'decipher' instead of 'make out'. See, Sigmund Freud is laughing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
@Teh_Ping

Just because slayers is old, doesn't mean it isn't awesome it deserve more love that infinite stratos.
Lolz. That's no the main reason. The main reason is that it's long. I believed I mentioned it already.

Also, I think they talked about it on Baka-Tsuki forums.
Old 2011-07-14, 23:33   Link #12100
Phibrizzo
Honos628

By the way I find a cute official free screen saver of toAru can we link it somewhere
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen