Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 21:22   Link #681
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's too much of a shock too soon; the same thing happened with Max Payne 3 and bald Max, later when they slowly revealed that normal Max was still in the game, people started to calm down and suddenly the game was awesome and highly anticipated again.

Then again, Max Payne was still Max Payne no matter what his haircut and location, the same can't be said for Neo-Dante.
Now that's the truth.

Trying to re-invent something which is not done right will be costly. Though on the flip side they might gain a new audience, dunno how large though.

oh and btw Seth Killian leaves Capcom.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/b.../06/19/goodbye
Old 2012-06-19, 21:28   Link #682
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Now that's the truth.

Trying to re-invent something which is not done right will be costly. Though on the flip side they might gain a new audience, dunno how large though.
Even if this does gain a new audience, I highly doubt that this Twilight makeover of a game featuring a wanna Edward Cullen look alike protagonist trying to act like the previous known character we all know and love is going to make this sell well.

There's so much nonsense and bs about this game that it makes me laugh in agony and overall it just kills me inside.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-06-19 at 22:25.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 01:00   Link #683
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEit3...1&feature=plcp

So the worm Poison boss is the one that makes the drinks. Isn't that from Futurama? The Slurm queen that has feces for drinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czcb5CMiV5A

yeah totally original and fresh.... =_=;;
Old 2012-06-21, 01:06   Link #684
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

^
The game is indeed looks like trash, but you seriously gonna nitpick for that?
Old 2012-06-21, 01:18   Link #685
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Well they said it's going to be original and fresh.

But the ideas I've been seeing in this game are not which is opposed to what they have said.

Iam just wondering now Joe probably puts on his smiling poker face to get an interview with Crapcom.
Old 2012-06-21, 04:28   Link #686
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Which they're just taking out from various movies, cartoons and media. So it's not really original. They also states movie parodies if you've seen the 2010 early interview here.
Old 2012-06-21, 11:12   Link #687
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Okay guys, If all we're gonna talk about is how trashy it is, why post here? Let us who are interested run this thread? Every day I see this thread bumped its Kenji or someone else who's usually bashing capcom.

Why don't you all start your own company? Now I'm not defending Capcom, I'm simply saying, enough is enough.
Old 2012-06-21, 11:29   Link #688
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Okay guys, If all we're gonna talk about is how trashy it is, why post here? Let us who are interested run this thread? Every day I see this thread bumped its Kenji or someone else who's usually bashing capcom.

Why don't you all start your own company? Now I'm not defending Capcom, I'm simply saying, enough is enough.
You can say that if these were message boards for the fans but it's not, and The beauty of general message boards is that the opinions of ALL can contribute. And if the popular opinion is that this game looks like trash or the expectations are low then it is what it is, what can you do?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 11:43   Link #689
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:

Its funny that you're the one saying this, because you're the one who's going to every thread out there not just on AS but gamefaqs and youtube to tell everyone how crappy you think Bayonetta is.

You can't stop the criticism if the game itself is not living up to standard.

We don't have to start our own companies, we are the consumers, if the company fails to attract consumers then its their fault.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:10   Link #690
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What standard? To be exactly the same as the previous DMCs? Why does it have to? I don't see you all bashing the new Tomb Raider.

And im totally defending DMC because the main is a dude. No actually im not, and never did i hate on Bayo for having a female lead.

Remember when you all said play it before you judge it? Yea i played it, loved the gameplay but the story and characters are forgettable. DmC on the other hand seems to have a good unique story but boring gameplay, not too sure about characters. But im surely not gonna judge that till i play it.

Are you guys gonna pkay it atleast? I ask that you do before judging it. Just as i did when i realized my judgment on Bayo was unfair.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-06-21 at 12:24.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:18   Link #691
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

So why do I have to play a game that doesn't even look or play better than the previous one?

Do you think they deserve my cash for destroying the main character and letting the game run at half the FPS?

They don't deserve any, that's why people are complaining.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:31   Link #692
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

They really should have called it aomething diffrent.... thats im gonna judge.

They destroyed the main character? How?
Old 2012-06-21, 13:15   Link #693
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
They really should have called it aomething diffrent.... thats im gonna judge.

They destroyed the main character? How?
Dude please.....it's been explained plenty of times here why people are against that pathetic excuse for a Dante.....Do we really all have to explain ourselves again when it's already been mentioned plenty of times?

Fine I'll give you one example from my point of view, His personality is waaaay different than the original, here he's a emo, ugly looking teenage looking, potty mouth douchebag. THAT is why I don't like Dino, but as I mentioned before I will still give the game a chance and I'm sure MANY of us hating on the game will, but that doesn't mean we're accepting it.

Yes if they gave this game a different title NO ONE would have been comparing and complaining but the developers thought the name alone would be enough to get people excited, but they TOTALLY thought wrong.

P.S. I personally like how the new Tomb Raider is looking. A fragile scared rich kid straight out of school suddenly being thrown into dangerous situations taking care of business to eventually become the Lara Croft we've come to know intrigues me.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 13:37   Link #694
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I like it to. But there are people complaining shes not the same lara without looking at the big picture. Its not her bad ass self YET.

Perhaps its not you guys being too harsh, but me being too nice and forgiving.
Old 2012-06-21, 18:03   Link #695
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I'm sorry, my english is pretty bad. I don't understand ^that at all.
They said current trends and movie parodies.

Means they're just taking things from movies, current games *cough* God of War and other media.

Off Topic:

Imho Tomb Raider was first before Uncharted.
They just made her realistic which works well.
I've never been really a fan or TombRaider, but the new one interests me more than the old series.
Old 2012-06-21, 18:18   Link #696
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
It's a different story with the new Lara than with the new Dante. The former is just a younger version of the already established character whereas the latter is a new character altogether. Replacing Dante by ... this has got to be one of the biggest marketing and design f-ups Capcom has ever done. Everyone loved the original Dante, there's no 'top ten coolest characters' list without him, and there's no need to replace him.
Old 2012-06-21, 19:07   Link #697
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
It's a different story with the new Lara than with the new Dante. The former is just a younger version of the already established character whereas the latter is a new character altogether. Replacing Dante by ... this has got to be one of the biggest marketing and design f-ups Capcom has ever done. Everyone loved the original Dante, there's no 'top ten coolest characters' list without him, and there's no need to replace him.
Sorry, but not everybody is in love with the over-cliché character Dante was.
I'm much enjoying the new younger punk version.

I won't go too far on that, but for some kind of reboot it's nice.
Getting ride of a stereotype (a muscular long white haired guy is NOT original) for a fresher incarnation is just blasphemy for the hardcore fans.

And franckly : hardcore fans are a plague for people who're triyng to enjoy a game for what it is. That, and the fact they're irritating.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 19:16   Link #698
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The irritating fact in DmC is that like in the AngryJoe interview. They still try to consider it as a retelling of the origin story. When it's not part of the original series.

Also old school fans already have a younger Dante in Tony Redgrave, the alias used by Dante and origin story in the first DMC novel, which they were expecting that that would happen, but not. The recton of that novel was the Vergil fight in DMC3, but if piece it together the novel and other media like the anime which is stated canon to the game is part of the original franchise.

And last the other irritating thing about DmC is the devs themselves. I could go back to 2010 and piece by piece each stuff, but rather than that I'll just wait if this bombs or not.
Old 2012-06-21, 19:47   Link #699
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Does capcom have the rights to the old dante look and games? If so.. why did they change it? @_@

This story is too unique to be ruined by bad rep and reboot of a memorable character. should have been a entirely diffrent game.
Old 2012-06-21, 19:53   Link #700
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Sorry, but not everybody is in love with the over-cliché character Dante was.
I'm much enjoying the new younger punk version.

I won't go too far on that, but for some kind of reboot it's nice.
Getting ride of a stereotype (a muscular long white haired guy is NOT original) for a fresher incarnation is just blasphemy for the hardcore fans.

And franckly : hardcore fans are a plague for people who're triyng to enjoy a game for what it is. That, and the fact they're irritating.
Your 'fresher incarnation' is even less original. You'll find dozens of his sort in any 90's saturday afternoon film on television. However, in my previous post I wasn't even talking about originality or anything to compare the two. My point is simply that there is no need to throw away one of the most beloved characters in gaming.