AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 04:21   Link #3341
veritatis cupitor

i've seen first 11 episodes of 'age' and still i don't find it interesting. seeing such small children fight and whine is not captivating at all for me. should i continue watching or move on. i liked 'seed' but not '00'. i enjoyed the character of kira from seed very much. i hope i'm not wrong in asking such questions here.
Old 2012-07-29, 04:51   Link #3342
RX93-2
White Unicorn

AGE is an entertaining trainwreck really, try watching the second generation it is a lot better (though not good imo)

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-07-29 at 05:06.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 04:54   Link #3343
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritatis cupitor View Post
i've seen first 11 episodes of 'age' and still i don't find it interesting. seeing such small children fight and whine is not captivating at all for me. should i continue watching or move on. i liked 'seed' but not '00'. i enjoyed the character of kira from seed very much. i hope i'm not wrong in asking such questions here.
Having already invested that many, you only have a few more episodes to watch before Asem's chapter starts, IMO the most satisfying arc as of now (with the final arc still unfinished).

Your impression is a good example why Flit's chapter IS not the way to unfold and pace a modern gundam series.
Old 2012-07-29, 05:00   Link #3344
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Having already invested that many, you only have a few more episodes to watch before Asem's chapter starts, IMO the most satisfying arc as of now (with the final arc still unfinished).

Your impression is a good example why Flit's chapter IS not the way to unfold and pace a modern gundam series.
Adding on this, pretty much everyone I've talked to about the matter agrees that Flit's arc (episodes 1-15) is the weakest of the series, and in my opinion AGE gets better with each generation that comes along. I'd give it until around episode 18 before you drop it for good, because it's a pretty dramatic improvement.
Old 2012-07-29, 05:16   Link #3345
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Did you see MSG, Zeta and CCA yet? If you did and prefer Jesus Yamato over those you are beyond hope anyway and I would just leave the rest of the franchise alone.

AGE is an entertaining trainwreck really, try watching the second generation it is a lot better (though not good imo)
hahahaha i've not seen those but i'll see it now. i find it perfectly normal for different people to have different tastes. thank you all for your input. i'll not drop it before seeing the 20th episode and post my experience later.
Old 2012-07-29, 05:45   Link #3346
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
hahahaha i've not seen those but i'll see it now. i find it perfectly normal for different people to have different tastes. thank you all for your input. i'll not drop it before seeing the 20th episode and post my experience later.
Episode 20 is one of my favourite episodes in the show, I doubt that you will drop the show after that
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 09:43   Link #3347
veritatis cupitor

i'm seeing ep 19 now. the present main character is much better. earlier characters were much cartoonish and seeing it was a pain. i hope this goes better.
Old 2012-07-29, 10:21   Link #3348
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
i'm seeing ep 19 now. the present main character is much better. earlier characters were much cartoonish and seeing it was a pain. i hope this goes better.
I'm glad you're enjoying it Asemu is also my favourite of the main characters
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 22:35   Link #3349
flack

So far this show has very bad plot and is almost entired filled with fake situations to depict war. 42 episodes is enough for me. IMO, this gundam series is by far the worst one in the 21st century.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 22:51   Link #3350
veritatis cupitor

the reason for fighting in 00 was most foolish for me. i have seen series of 21st centuries only.
edit:
giving gundam to child again....their naive ranting tics me off. kids throwing tantrum huh......
edit 2 :
episode 34 has quite a twist but i wonder if the twist is for twist's sake like most other animes have or is their any good reason. i like to collect the very best ones only.

Last edited by veritatis cupitor; 2012-07-30 at 02:32.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 03:00   Link #3351
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
So far this show has very bad plot and is almost entired filled with fake situations to depict war. 42 episodes is enough for me. IMO, this gundam series is by far the worst one in the 21st century.
Japan seems to agree with you, judging from the ratings and sales, etc.

Honestly the show goes from:

Good > Fucking Fardain > Decent > HYPER MEGA PARTICLE PHOTON BLASTAR > Great! > Age-2 ! > Damnit Ko... i mean, Asemu! > KORE WA DOUBLE BARRETTOO NO SHIKARA DAAA > Super Pairotto > Kio is kind of a cool guy. > Yeah, Kio sucks. > UNDERSTANDING
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 06:50   Link #3352
veritatis cupitor

saw episode 39 of age. does all gundam series has crazy plan? till now i've seen seed, 00 and age. all of them have super crazy plans. what about older ones?
Old 2012-07-30, 08:52   Link #3353
Raysoul

Depending on how will this series end, I would rate this as Best Gundam timeline since UC, or as bad as Seed an 00.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:29   Link #3354
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
saw episode 39 of age. does all gundam series has crazy plan? till now i've seen seed, 00 and age. all of them have super crazy plans. what about older ones?
Pretty much yeah, it is a staple of the metaseries.

They range from giant mirrors to dropping a colony on something.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 09:48   Link #3355
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
Depending on how will this series end, I would rate this as Best Gundam timeline since UC, or as bad as Seed an 00.
How so? would you like to elaborate? i'd like to hear what would make or break it for you
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 09:51   Link #3356
casval cehack

Quote:
Glad that you've lasted this far, with all the tempting spoilers on these forums. IMO, those plans were pretty mild compared to the older ones (U.C. stuff mostly).
Old 2012-07-30, 09:57   Link #3357
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Glad that you've lasted this far, with all the tempting spoilers on these forums. IMO, those plans were pretty mild compared to the older ones (U.C. stuff mostly).
by UC do you mean unicorn? i've seen seed, 00 and now seeing age but many things seem repetitive and now boring. i hope they can be more creative with story and not just mecha
Old 2012-07-30, 10:37   Link #3358
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
by UC do you mean unicorn? i've seen seed, 00 and now seeing age but many things seem repetitive and now boring. i hope they can be more creative with story and not just mecha
Agreed. Unlike many others I personally love the whole "understanding" concept, but it's getting a little old.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 10:47   Link #3359
casval cehack

Quote:
I meant Universal Century.

I believe Age is being limited with Level5's target market a little younger than the previous ones.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:22   Link #3360
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Every Gundam series is a trainwreck and the only thing worse than the last Gundam series is the one that's currently airing until it's over at which point it becomes a revered classic in a little over a year.

But seriously my general theory for whether someone will like AGE is that if you've liked Gundam series in the past and actually really gotten into the themes present in them that you'll probably find something to like in AGE, but if you're the type of person that likes to use words like, "trainwreck" to describe shows and who has trouble seeing the connection between events and themes that take place over a long span of in show time you're going to fucking hate Gundam AGE. This goes double if you are someone who immediately equates any situation that depicts a character acting in an extreme or undesirable manner as bad/poor/shoddy writing at face value. That's my personal advice to the thread this week.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote