AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-21, 17:17   Link #81
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
She's not an hypocrite to me (she could be forced by the system in order to do her own safety, but not taken to the extreme)
As said in the part you quoted : yes she is, because she helps the system despite hating it, and she's using the excuse of "protecting others" while the real reason is that she's deathly afraid of free will - it's constantly shown in the serie that she's never able to actually make a decision for herself.
Quote:
she reminds me of my own self where I want to protect the ones I like but feel hesitated when faced with difficult situations.

That's why I love her and she's like an angel to me.
An angel helping an entire nation to be subjugated by the most horrible kind of system imaginable - the one who deprives humans of their very humanity ?

You have very weird definition of angel, unless you're talking of fallen ones.
Old 2013-11-22, 12:07   Link #82
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
As said in the part you quoted : yes she is, because she helps the system despite hating it, and she's using the excuse of "protecting others" while the real reason is that she's deathly afraid of free will - it's constantly shown in the serie that she's never able to actually make a decision for herself.

An angel helping an entire nation to be subjugated by the most horrible kind of system imaginable - the one who deprives humans of their very humanity ?

You have very weird definition of angel, unless you're talking of fallen ones.
I'm not talking about the fallen definition of angel, I mean a true angel to her character, I still love her, she may be indecisive sure, but being afraid to the free will may be quite the result of her not wanting to have her P-P getting darkened. I'm not quite good to explain it, we have different views of her character, but I'm not going to explore the issue into flame wars so I'll probably stop at that point here.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-11-23, 12:21   Link #83
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
She's an hypocrite protecting an inhumane system she hates just because she's too cowardly to face the prospect of having to make a decision herself, and hides the truth behind mere pretext about caring for others - I mean, she DOES care about others, but it's not the real reason preventing her from open rebellion.

Yeah she deserves scorn, hate and suffering.
what exacly makes you think 'being a coward' is the reason behind all of it. She can't have a good heart as the reason? Society will fall into chaos if the truth is discovered.
She made a choice because of that
even if it is fear, it's not like its not understandable
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-11-26, 12:28   Link #84
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
what exacly makes you think 'being a coward' is the reason behind all of it. She can't have a good heart as the reason? Society will fall into chaos if the truth is discovered.
She made a choice because of that
even if it is fear, it's not like its not understandable
What makes me think she's a coward ?
=>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka
the real reason is that she's deathly afraid of free will - it's constantly shown in the serie that she's never able to actually make a decision for herself.
We can see how she agonizes about what she could do with her life and envy her comrades who have set paths decided for them, and she ends up taking the path where she was evaluated the best (so not taking any decision, simply following external evaluation).

We can see her arguing with Kagari, however weakly, that having no choice and letting it up to "who knows best" is comforting.

We can see how she's able to shoot with precision with a gun that decides itself if the target should be killed or incapacited, but is utterly unable to even aim in the general direction when it's a standard gun which would put HER decision on the line - it's even loudly pointed and detailed by the evil sociopath himself.

The point that she's afraid of making her own decisions is made repeatedly.

Why I'm pretty sure her "good heart" isn't the reason ?
=>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka
How exactly having a "good heart" can ever be the real reason why you subjugate and destroy people ? That's kinda a contradiction in itself.
Old 2014-03-10, 15:17   Link #85
Teh Ra

I enjoyed the first season very much and I am not especially asking for a second one. But if there is going to be a second season I shall be more than glad to watch it (therefore, I will be looking forward to it).

However I think that the probabilities of success for the second season are not very high. I think very highly of the first one and I have to admit this came as a big surprise to me. I did not expect much out of this anime and decided to watch the second episode only because I thought Akane was a very cute character (and because I liked the graphics). As episodes went on, I realized I have come to like the series very much and finished it very fast. Why was I so surprised? Well, I did not expect that this anime would be preoccupied with problems that are specific to the Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science stuff. Behind all the political and social implications, there were strong philosophical assumptions... As soon as I realized how smart this anime was, I fell in love with it. If we look closely at it, we shall see that it is not a random anime, neither a superficial one. This anime might be a very serious future hint, hinting a possible future world, possible future politic/social/economic concerns. The first anime was a success not only because of its theme and serious implications and assumptions, but also because it was very well produced. The soundtrack was excellent, so was the graphic, so were the characters and so was the story. Everything was put in order. The watcher's interest was on alert because of this striking combination. I know this might seem a little bit like a joke, but I think it is rather hard to surpass the first season. I get the feeling the producers didn't have in mind to strike the watchers the way they did, but given the fact that the results were/are quite good, they might have in mind to make very good stuff out of the second season. And I think this mightn't conclude in something very successful.
We shall wait and see, though. My presuppositions aren't serious enough, neither trustworthy. I do hope I am wrong for the first season seems to me incomplete in the sense that I believe there is much more to see out of Akane and her way of dealing with things (how far is she capable to resist and whether there are any changes she can make). I am curious on what way they are going to decide to continue the anime (i haven't read the manga), but I won't expect much of the second season, I just get the feeling I will be disappointed if I do so.
Old 2014-03-21, 07:43   Link #86
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Finally the official site is updated
http://psycho-pass.com/

July: Re-air of Season 1 with new footage

October: Season 2

This winter: The Movie
Old 2014-03-21, 08:00   Link #87
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Looks like fall season's gonna be a blast.
Old 2014-03-21, 09:49   Link #88
GDB

New footage? WTF, that better just be stuff that was already in the bluray release or something. Be pretty annoyed if I had to replace my bluray copies with TV copies just for new footage, plus the copy I bought from rightstuf would feel lessened.
Old 2014-03-21, 15:33   Link #89
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Badass Akane is badass
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-21, 18:35   Link #90
GDB

The more mature Yayoi was nice looking too.
Old 2014-03-21, 18:42   Link #91
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Only seeing this now but awesome news !

I really enjoyed the first season, so I cant wait for this.

Old 2014-03-21, 18:57   Link #92
tsunade666

well, this will be fun ride and wait.
Old 2014-03-22, 14:32   Link #93
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Badass Akane is badass
Images
HiRes ver. http://i.imgur.com/CpZgovN.jpg
Old 2014-03-22, 19:01   Link #94
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Badass Akane is badass
Images
Left I recognize Shion, Ginoza and Yayoi and right 3 men ... to discover in Season 2
Old 2014-03-22, 19:03   Link #95
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I wonder if Kogami will be in this?

I need my anime Mulder/Scully fix!
Old 2014-03-23, 00:26   Link #96
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Left I recognize Shion, Ginoza and Yayoi and right 3 men ... to discover in Season 2
Could one of them on the right be the new recruit?
Old 2014-03-23, 23:33   Link #97
AmericanFairy

Eek!! Now I'm really excited. I've been looking forward to this since the end of season 1.
Old 2014-03-24, 00:07   Link #98
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
It makes sense to have replacement members. Kogami defected, Ginoza got demoted to an enforcer, Kagari & Masaoka died. That means they'd need two enforcers & one detective to make another full team.

That girl at the end of season one is supposed to be the new detective, so we're expecting two enforcers for this new season. I see three men in that pic though, did she die or get replaced at some point?

---------------------------
Haven't checked this forum in quite some time, so I don't know much of anything. Will the next season feature a time skip?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-03-25, 21:48   Link #99
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
That girl at the end of season one is supposed to be the new detective, so we're expecting two enforcers for this new season. I see three men in that pic though, did she die or get replaced at some point?
None of the new guys are particularly well dressed, so if one is an inspector, he's very different from Gino and the guys we saw from Division 2.

After rewatching the first season recently, I'm thinking Saiga, the professor who taught Akane about profiling, might become an enforcer. The last time we saw him, he mentioned that helping Kogami had probably corrupted his psycho-pass and he expected to get arrested when the MWPSB showed up. Given his expertise in psychology, Sibyl should tag him as useful to the Bureau.
Old 2014-03-26, 04:00   Link #100
HasuMasu
*Artist

I thought he got his brain harvested? Last time we saw him he got a visit...