AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-06-04, 20:31   Link #41
Avisch
Reality Blender

I was unaware that there was a manga thread. I will post there from now on.

If he is a wimp. He is not one around Taiga. And yeah I typed that fast so it came out weird.

on the last part. I forgot to emphasize that she would beat people up for knowing about her affections rather than getting teased about them.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 13:16   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Toradora (anime) is set for Fall.
I hope the anime proves to be more amusing than the novel did.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 14:31   Link #43
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Toradora (anime) is set for Fall.
I hope the anime proves to be more amusing than the novel did.
Is there any great fantasy light novel(like SnS or ZnT) or of other genre than you read lately than you think they should be adapted into anime?
(I only know those everyone are talking about).
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 14:56   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
Is there any great fantasy light novel(like SnS or ZnT) or of other genre than you read lately than you think they should be adapted into anime?
Fantasy...
Definitely the Mushi to Medama novels! It is pure excellence (as far as I have read anyways)!
Also, there is a novel called "Toki no Mahou to Ubatama no Yoru (時の魔法と烏羽玉の夜/Magic of Time and the Pitch-Dark Night) on my bookshelf, but I haven't read it yet. According to a reviewer, it seems that it is similar to Shakugan no Shana...

Other genre... Maybe MM (love comedy) would be nice. It has a "unique" protagonist.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-06-07 at 16:41.
Old 2008-06-07, 15:14   Link #45
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
There's a great light novel series titled "Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita" that I think someday is going to get animated. It might also be the first light novel series from the shounen label Gagaga Bunko to be animated (hopefully it will be). Its a fantasy light novel series, but its not like ZnT or SnS.

Anyway to get back to this thread's subject, can't wait till Fall

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-06-07 at 15:44. Reason: ...
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 18:28   Link #46
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
im wondering how close the anime will follow the novel.

hopefully thy won't choose to reinterpret too much, as up to chapter 5 its getting very interesting.

Old 2008-06-07, 18:45   Link #47
Midonin
Last Engage

Taiga certainly seems like she'd be a Rie Kugimiya character, but I wouldn't mind if someone else voiced her.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 03:03   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Anyone else hoping J.C Staff aren't doing this? Unless of course Kenichi Kasai is directing.
Kekeke, oh, the luck.

Production Studio is J.C Staff.
Director is Nagai Tatsuyuki.

Amusingly, the Moonphase comments on how J.C. Staff tends to rape original works, and sometimes into something completely different.

Old 2008-06-22, 03:43   Link #49
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I can't wait for this anime! Really liked the light novel and manga. It's always good to see it animated lol! Let's just hope they at least stick to the novel, I don't know how i'll handle it if they didn't lol!
Old 2008-06-22, 07:32   Link #50
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kekeke, oh, the luck.

Production Studio is J.C Staff.
Director is Nagai Tatsuyuki.

Amusingly, the Moonphase comments on how J.C. Staff tends to rape original works, and sometimes into something completely different.
Yeah they do tend to rape original works except for the series by Kenichi Kasai... though looking over what the director and series comp has done it should be decent/good. Definitely expecting K Rie to voice Taiga now... if she doesn't want to get typecast she shouldn't do it... it doesn't matter if that out of 10 roles she only does 3 loli tsunderes if those 3 are the most prominent roles...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 12:54   Link #51
ZODDGUTS

Hmm so J.C. is doing this... hope they do a good job and stick close to the material please.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 12:16   Link #52
juventas

I'm not excited about the anime at all. In fact, I'm really cringing. I'm guessing it won't follow the novels very closely at the end. I'm afraid they will want to end it in 13 episodes and they will definitely have to make up an ending.

Though I could be wrong, and there could be three seasons like Zero no Tsukaima.
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 12:18   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well you have to give J.C Staff this... they are sequel friendly.
Old 2008-06-28, 14:51   Link #54
Avisch
Reality Blender

Ugh.....J.C. Staff doing this has left me....in some despair. But I'm definitely going to watch it.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-06-28, 15:25   Link #55
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
I got hooked by Toradora when I first saw the novel cover, but I've never had the time to read it. I hope I'll enjoy this anime adaptation, I don't care very much if they don't stick with the novel as long as the series is a good one.

I understand your doubts about J.C. Staff animating this, but, hey, they also made wonderful series (Hachimitsu to Clover II anyone? Which Nagai directed too).
tigerwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 17:02   Link #56
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

It's pretty hard to mess up the adaptation story wise, since the story in the novel is pretty damn straight forward.

What's difficult is going to be how they would translate the descriptive text into moving pictures. I find half the fun in Toradora is the wacky descriptive text, while the other half is the colourful language employed by the 3 main female characters in the dialogue - whether it is Taiga's creative but highly abusive insults, Minori's slightly twisted sense of puns to Ami's display of dual personalities, if anything I'm looking at how competent the script writer and scenario writer will be, rather than the animation abilities of the anime house or the pass record of the director. The scenario writer Okada Mari is not particularly well known nor can be considered a long time veteran, but seems to have a pretty solid record, and better yet is a female, which I personally feel much more comfortable knowing this because the original novel is written by a female writer afterall and it most definitely shows in the female characters in the novel, and is essentially what separates this series from a lot of other shounen romantic comedy stories.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2008-06-29 at 02:38.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 19:17   Link #57
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
I got hooked by Toradora when I first saw the novel cover.
Ha! Me too! It was around one year ago. I wasn't able to read the hiragana at the time. But I put it into a search engine to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
I understand your doubts about J.C. Staff animating this, but, hey, they also made wonderful series (Hachimitsu to Clover II anyone? Which Nagai directed too).
Yeah J.C. has made some good stuff. There's definitely a chance that this will be good.
I actually need to finish Kimikiss....which I haven't found to be too bad.

Quote:
What's difficult is going to be how they would translate the descriptive text into moving pictures.
I can see that being concern. I haven't too much of the novel. But I have read the manga (and I love it), and I can still see what you mean. Maybe ff they make the anime partially surreal they can definitely pull it off though.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-06-30, 05:06   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Cast, from Moonphase:

Ryuji: Nojima Hirofumi (Haha, hi Ike)
Taiga: Kugimiya Rie (Who would have thought~)
Minori: Horie Yui (......)
Ami: Kitamura Eri (Who's Ami?... Ah, someone from volume 2. Never read it...)

Well, fanboys are going wild somewhere in this world (about the voice actors)... ( -_-)

Now, the remaining questions are the episode count (probably 24-26) and how J.C. Staff rapes handles it...

Quote:
I don't care very much if they don't stick with the novel as long as the series is a good one.
Well said. In fact, maybe raping the story will make it more interesting... kekeke.

Old 2008-06-30, 05:19   Link #59
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Note that this cast is currently unconfirmed, as stated by Moonphase.

With that out of the way though, I do have to say if it's true then I'm pretty satisfy with the choice.

Kugimiya Rie is a no-brainer, Hocchan as the bubbly and bright Minori works. I just have a tiny little bit of doubte about Kitamura Eri until I hear her Ami. Personally even though I think she is a great actor with good range but her voice is leaning towards the deeper end of the voice spectrum and isn't quite sweet/moe enough to portray the sugary perfect exterior of Ami (though the interior I'm sure she will handle VERY well). I was kind of hoping that Kuwatani Natsuko will do Ami but it's not a big issue and I think KitaEri can probably cast off my tiny bit of doubt once I actually hear her.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 05:42   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

Having only read the scanlated manga chapters I have no idea who Ami is but every other casted voice seems to be a nice fit.. however I do like Kitamura Eri...

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen