Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-26, 19:17   Link #1081
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewauksonian View Post
Shigure has always wanted to taken a more active role with training Kenichi, like someone said earlier. It's just that, Kenichi is afraid of weapons. However, I think are implications that Shigure has more than masterly feelings for Kenichi. Although all Kenichi's Masters seem to have a certain soft spot for Kenichi, her softness towards Kenichi surprised Kenichi. Like someone said earlier, she probably isn't aware of this either.

On her reliaibility, Kenichi views most of the Masters as "unreliable", or at the very least, reckless. He views all masters this way, except Akisame (who he views as harsh and efficient) and Ma (who is actually unreliable (very unreliabily, really) in the general sense but not reckless).

On Miu, it's quite obvious she has, at the very least, sisterly feelings for Kenichi, but probably more than that. Her women's intuition meant that she thought it was possible that Shigure liked Kenichi
Spoiler:

On Alignment, I would say Kenichi is definitely Good, but I would place her Neutral Good leaning towards Lawful Good. I would say Akisame is Neutral Good leaning Lawful Good as well. Both Ma Kensei and Miu are Neutral Good, while Sakaki and Apa are Chaotic Good. I have a hard time placing Shigure, but I would guess she's a Neutral leaning Good and leaning towards Neutral/Chaotic. I have no idea where to place the Elder... he's all over the place.

As for Yami, I would agree that they are much less cohesive group. I'm getting the feeling that "Killing Fist" is the only thing keeping them together, and even just barely then. They seem have different goals, methods, behaviors, and beliefs (despite being Killing Fist). They also have poor unity and communication. I suspect that some of the Masters of Yami wouldn't be completely heartbroken if the organization of Yami as a whole fails. As for specific alignments, I would say that Diego Carlos is probably Chaotic Neutral, and Alexander Gaidar is probably Chaotic Evil, leaning towards Chaotic and less towards evil (though this very much).
Miu is still very naive. She still hasn't figured out why she gets insanely jealous every time a girl shows Kenichi affection. Concerning Shigure, she's probably just having out right denial, considering the status of Kenichi's and Shigure's current relationship.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 21:02   Link #1082
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
LOL D&D alignments. The Elder is more True Neutral. Everything he has done and said, seen from a certain point of view is very self serving. He has protected Kenichi, but who is to say that he is doing it out of altruism? Perhaps he sees Kenichi as being the next master of his particular style of martial arts and wants to make sure his teachings live on. It could be nothing more than that. When he fights, could it not be out of boredom? Some people have to take their amusement where they can get it.
With that description, the Elder could be Chaotic Neutral.

And I agree with Ewauksonian concerning Kenichi as Neutral Good leaning towards Lawful. Neutral Good tends to be the genuine good guy trying to help others in any way he can, not necessarily using force or staying away from it. A Lawful Good person strikes me as someone who is too strict about moral codes, adhering to some higher authority of sorts, abstract or real. The only code that Kenichi has is one that he has made for himself (i.e., don't fight women), while the rest of his views are always aimed towards compassion and the well-being of his friends and enemies alike.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 01:21   Link #1083
Ewauksonian

I want to point out that Boris, unlike his master, is Lawful Neutral. He absolutely believes in orders, but only from person - his master. Boris doesn't think much about right and wrong, nor does he try to determine which side is right - if his side is giving the orders, he will follow it.

I would guess (and purely a guess) that most Yami/Yomi members are actually thsse alignments: Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil, Chaotic Neutral. I'm really itching to see who could be the Lawful Evil Yami/Yomi members.
Ewauksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:44   Link #1084
Cinocard

Are we all playing D&D

Concerning the subject, Boris is like...a summon, having traits of whatever summon him

Lawful evil, may be God hand Hongo? He does not seems to be the type to kill civilians to me. He may even turn out to be Neutral later. And also there's the woman using Jujitsu. Anyway, Yami is an underworld organization which is against the laws, so being Lawful seems illogical. On the other hand, Nijima fits the image of Lawful Evil completely for me
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 04:52   Link #1085
kujoe
from head to heel

Nah, but it helps with the discussion though. I've seen D&D alignments applied to something like Team Fortress 2, but my personal favorite is this one, on comic book characters. We're just geeking things up as usual.

Maybe we should do something similar for Kenichi.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 05:55   Link #1086
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Are we all playing D&D

Concerning the subject, Boris is like...a summon, having traits of whatever summon him

Lawful evil, may be God hand Hongo? He does not seems to be the type to kill civilians to me. He may even turn out to be Neutral later. And also there's the woman using Jujitsu. Anyway, Yami is an underworld organization which is against the laws, so being Lawful seems illogical. On the other hand, Nijima fits the image of Lawful Evil completely for me
The only D&D I've played was Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series on the PC.

Nijima is definately Lawful Evil.
Old 2008-11-27, 12:18   Link #1087
Rashou

I started reading this series after the anime ended and gotta say it's AWESOME! I'm still surprised by how fast the scans are moving now, though, thank God they were picked up by Nereiru (no offense to previous scanning groups as we wouldn't be here without them either). How much further is the manga in Japan, though? I don't know if I'll be able to deal with waiting for it weekly, lol.

Nice Kitty!
Rashou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 12:41   Link #1088
servidor

The only chapters left for translation are from 301-308, 309-314 had already been translated, the current chapter in Japan is 315.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 19:37   Link #1089
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Re: 301:

I like the way Kenichi thinks.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 21:19   Link #1090
Measural

^

Shigure probably likes the way Kenichi thinks aswell....Miu is another story though
Measural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 22:13   Link #1091
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Hehe, so from now on, everytime he thinks about Shigure, naked hot images will appear? AWESOME!
Old 2008-11-27, 23:30   Link #1092
NoLongerSane

I just saw the raw for 315 and I can not wait till it is translated. Fan service from both Miu and Shigure, together, in the bath.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 11:06   Link #1093
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I think Shigure needs to be somehow made aware of what is going through Kenichi's mind when he thinks about her. LOL I bet she'd blush (but her expression would probably not change) and say something like, "if you wanted to see me naked you should bathe with me, Kenichi." It seems to be fitting with her personality.
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 11:42   Link #1094
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
I think Shigure needs to be somehow made aware of what is going through Kenichi's mind when he thinks about her. LOL I bet she'd blush (but her expression would probably not change) and say something like, "if you wanted to see me naked you should bathe with me, Kenichi." It seems to be fitting with her personality.
lol and it might actually happen... after all she asked him to bath together again ^_^

Chap 301: So Kenichi is already at the level of a experienced soldier... wonder how much will it take him to take over a military base.. xD
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 11:50   Link #1095
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Lol, Kenichi can't even think of Shigure without seeing her naked in his mind's eye.

Kenichi sure is lucky. I bet Miu wouldn't be too pleased though.

Boris and Kenichi's fight looks like it is going to reach a climax soon.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:01   Link #1096
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Lol, Kenichi can't even think of Shigure without seeing her naked in his mind's eye.
Can you?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 13:04   Link #1097
Cinocard

Who can?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 13:44   Link #1098
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
there are not very many women in the real world that are proportioned that way, I wish I had one lol
Old 2008-11-28, 14:15   Link #1099
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Amazing !!! Ahah kenichi !His mind was totally absorbed by naked shigure !!!hope it will continue this way and more after then miu will come true that she loves him !
I dont imagine when boris will know that his master was defeat by akisame(i think probably akisame will win his fight)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 15:38   Link #1100
Baka Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Amazing !!! Ahah kenichi !His mind was totally absorbed by naked shigure !!!hope it will continue this way and more after then miu will come true that she loves him !
I dont imagine when boris will know that his master was defeat by akisame(i think probably akisame will win his fight)
No Probably about it. Akisame would not have gone alone unless he was certain of his victory. He is probably the most intelligent of all the masters.

Tags
shounen