AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 19:54   Link #1061
Who

I'm gonna laugh if Roy's body is transmuted and they affix his soul onto another suit of armor.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:40   Link #1062
orangejuicetang

The thing that is kinda odd is, if they could literally force a person to become a sacrifice, why did the wait so long with Goldtooth and Kimblee in their services? Unless, they weren't powerful enough, in which case it's probably Roy doing the transmutation. Now that I think about it, it being Roy actually makes more sense, especially since his arms are pinned to the ground while Goldtooth is floating in the air, since most times it seems like for a normal transmutation, you just put your hands in a transmutation circle.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 23:31   Link #1063
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
The thing that is kinda odd is, if they could literally force a person to become a sacrifice, why did the wait so long with Goldtooth and Kimblee in their services? Unless, they weren't powerful enough, in which case it's probably Roy doing the transmutation. Now that I think about it, it being Roy actually makes more sense, especially since his arms are pinned to the ground while Goldtooth is floating in the air, since most times it seems like for a normal transmutation, you just put your hands in a transmutation circle.
Yeah, my theory's that Roy's being forced to transmutate - since his blood's also on the circle, and his hands are also pressed to it... I now think that he's the one doing the transmutation, not Pride controlling Goldtooth.
Old 2009-11-10, 00:35   Link #1064
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, at least Riza didn't die. i got my wish. and damn, symbolic or what? pinning Roy to the ground in that position.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 01:01   Link #1065
muramasa.swordsman

What if Roy ended up losing his eye, like he did in the first anime series? How would you people react?
muramasa.swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 01:52   Link #1066
akire_and_atem

^^^ Personally I would hate it
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 07:00   Link #1067
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, at least Riza didn't die. i got my wish. and damn, symbolic or what? pinning Roy to the ground in that position.
Yeah, I kept on thinking that that was an... interesting pose....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muramasa.swordsman View Post
What if Roy ended up losing his eye, like he did in the first anime series? How would you people react?
I think we talked about this before, two pages ago... Look and you'll see what we all think about the eyepatch.
Old 2009-11-10, 07:10   Link #1068
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'm pretty sure Roy is transmuting Goldtooth. Goldtooth doesn't look like he's being "controlled" to do anything, he plain got stabbed by Pride and was thrown into the cirlce as an ingredient.

I'm not entirely pleased with this chapter, because it kinda feels to me that reading it month to month now is feeling a bit draggy. Each chapter resolves the previous chapter's cliffhanger, only to lead to a new cliffhanger, without actually resulting in any story progress. This has happened for a few months now. I really liked the Wrath vs Greed chapters, but I feel that the storyline with everyone else since they met Goldtooth in the basement of Central has been dragged on precisely so we would not know the "truth" behind Father's ultimate plan.

That's the real question most people are thinking about as the series hits the climax, and Arakawa seems content to drag that on while playing "Zomg will Hawkeye die? Just kidding!" for the 5th time.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 09:34   Link #1069
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
That's the real question most people are thinking about as the series hits the climax, and Arakawa seems content to drag that on while playing "Zomg will Hawkeye die? Just kidding!" for the 5th time.
Wait, what? How many times has she almost died over the course of the manga? Isn't this the first time that she was actually seriously injured? And even then, she's in a stable condition now.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 10:05   Link #1070
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Wait, what? How many times has she almost died over the course of the manga? Isn't this the first time that she was actually seriously injured? And even then, she's in a stable condition now.
Never, well okay there was that one time with Gluttony way back when. But I can't think of any other time where Riza was about to die.

And every chapter of FMA ends on a cliffhanger. Also nothing is being resolved? I mean in this chapter they somehow got Roy as the 5th sacrifice. That means Father has all his sacrifices. But no that's nothing. And I am sure we will find out his plan in due time.

Clearly things are not going to be solved for the good guys until the very end (even though they already killed most of the homunculus and took control of Central...but that's nothing as well). The story is moving towards the end but I would not want a hacked rush job to get there. So if only one or two big things happen in each chapter, that's good enough for me.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 13:48   Link #1071
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Clearly things are not going to be solved for the good guys until the very end (even though they already killed most of the homunculus and took control of Central...but that's nothing as well). The story is moving towards the end but I would not want a hacked rush job to get there. So if only one or two big things happen in each chapter, that's good enough for me.
Same here and TBH, I really don't want it all to be over. =[ I've been reading/watching FMA since it all started, its weird thinking that its so close to being over now. I'm excited at the same time, though, can't wait to see how it all ends.
Old 2009-11-10, 15:40   Link #1072
xellos2099

I don't think Roy will lose any of his body parts as KB was holding the stone in his hand which should be enough for toll.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 18:15   Link #1073
Who

Oh, so that wasn't Black Hayate like I thought on the previous page. I'm glad.
One more month huh.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 18:29   Link #1074
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Glad that Mei's alchemy came in handy, although (momentarily) giving up the philosophers stone, which would raise the status of her entire clan, to save the life of one person shows how far she's grown in the manga as well. But dammit there was no Ed/Al/Izumi/Hoenhiem in this chapter! We so aren't finishing this by the end of the year.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 03:35   Link #1075
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Another amazing chapter this month, Man i'll really miss this manga when it ends.

I'm glad it avoided the cliche of Roy doing human transmutation intentionally to try and save Riz.
Also glad that a lot of other characters showed up. Pride was pure badass, Though the lack of Kimblee in his personality was a bit disappointing. I hope we get at least 5 more chapters before it ends.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 13:18   Link #1076
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I hope we get at least 5 more chapters before it ends.
I'm sure we're gonna get more than that. =]
Old 2009-11-11, 13:22   Link #1077
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think you are all missing something. Nowhere in the manga does it explicitly say that to become a sacrifice, one has to perform human transmutation. But it does say that one has to open the Gate (the reason why Mustang was preferable over Kimbley, remember?). Human transmutation is the easiest way to do that, of course, but not the only. Hohenheim proved that. Pride is performing human transmutation using Goldtooth. The transmutation is probably to either heal Wrath (who, as a single-soul homunculus is probably "equivalent" to a single human in alchemic terms) or "transmute" Roy similar to how Ed transmuted himself to get out of Gluttony. The reason is unimportant. Roy is going along for the ride as with Hohenheim at Xerxes (or possibly Al in Resembool). The end result is that Roy ends up on the other side next chapter and has to open the Gate to get back. Wrath will convince him to do so, probably by informing him (likely truthfully) that they can just as easily have Goldtooth heal himself with Roy as the toll and that this way Roy at least has a fighting chance. Thus Roy becomes a sacrifice.

Of course it will all backfire (no pun intended), since Roy will as a result probably learn a much easier way to produce fire than the one he has now... ^_^

Unfortunately, ignored in all of this plot development is Arakawa's genius at composition. Is that shot of Pride holding the impaled Goldtooth over Wrath and Roy not just a thing of (undeniably creepy) beauty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I'm sure we're gonna get more than that. =]
I'm not. Every time a new chapter comes out it feels like we're two chapters closer to the end, as Arakawa manages to logically cram more into each one. The only three loose threads I see remaining are the specifics of Father's plan, the current whereabouts of Al (most likely answered already in the opening shot of the chapter) and (possibly) the further extent (if any) of Mustang's knowledge of Hawkeye-sensei's alchemy (I still think there's more to that). Everything else will be logically resolved dependent upon which of the protagonists survive the end and how they defeat Father.
Old 2009-11-11, 14:01   Link #1078
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
and (possibly) the further extent (if any) of Mustang's knowledge of Hawkeye-sensei's alchemy (I still think there's more to that).
I seem to recall (at least in the anime) that Hawkeye-sensei said that he had stopped doing research years ago, would be interesting if he stopped doing research because he hit a block and, by going to the other side of the gate, Mustang gains enough knowledge to complete his work. And I think that by having Mustang's hands pinned to the ground he's the one doing the transmutation and Goldtooth is the price since he's sorta-kinda suspended over it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 14:45   Link #1079
Kirarakim

I assumed that Pride was forming the circle and Bradley was forcing Roy to perform human transmutation on gold tooth which then would cause Roy to reach the doors of truth.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 20:41   Link #1080
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I don't know how Mustang could be forced against his will to perform any kind of transmutation. Alchemy has always been shown to be initiated and focused by the will of the caster. Unless he's being mentally controlled (as Goldtooth, currently being "eaten" by Pride, could be), I don't see it.