AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-05-07, 06:34   Link #2061
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
interestingly....how do you define "wings" ?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 19:12   Link #2062
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
interestingly....how do you define "wings" ?
Wing Zero, Epiyon, Freedom, Strike Freedom, Destiny Gundam, Wing Zero Custom (for obvious reasons), Alvaaron. The 00 Raiser's "wings" were just stabilization binders that also functioned as shields, so I never saw them as wings.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread for such discussion, all in all, the Alvaaron Cannon on the 1.5 Gundam doesn't look all that great as a flight back. That's all I'm saying, and imma stick with it.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-05-07 at 20:03.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 20:43   Link #2063
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Yes they were wings. Wings is a physical design and a general shape. And 00 Raiser's case, they provided extra thrust like any add on equipment. The stabalisation feature is just one feature of 0 Raiser, the equipment upgrade such as the addition of advanced sensors, thrusters, weapons and missiles is the other.

There is nothing wrong with not liking how the 1.5 Gundam wings look like, visual intrepetation is subjective afterall. The problem we have is with you pre-judging the usefulness of the wings before much details have been released about it yet, hence the functional judgment thing that I said earlier. We have no problem with you disliking how the wings look, I'm not that into it either.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:17   Link #2064
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Spoiler for HG CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam manual:

Credit: Homeless

Wow, really really awesome design. Even moreso than what previously seen. Flight Mode seems to be my favourite mode.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:19   Link #2065
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd like to know what the little text on flight mode says. Wow...that backpack thing sure has a lot of features...Ya got a cannon mode, rifle mode, high speed mode, and flight mode.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:37   Link #2066
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Probably get the translations in time, hopefully........occasionally some just pass by without doing anything.

I have to say the 1 Gundam being CBY-001 AGAIN is annoying though. Inconsistant Bandai is inconsistant. After working so hard to do a retcob in several sources they changed it back again, either accidently or purposely.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:47   Link #2067
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I still say it makes a bit more sense that the 1 Gundam depicted in 00P is the CBY-001, whereas the 1 Gundam depicted in 00I is updated to be the CB-001 since it likely was improved upon like the GNY-Type F Gundams.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:48   Link #2068
kakakka

CBY-001 = 00P version
CB-001 = 00I version

EDIT: ack. RS said it first ><
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 09:11   Link #2069
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Upon checking the official 00I site, it's still CBY-001.[As far as the official rarely updated site goes, it's never changed, Ive checked before]

So it means the one Leif uses in 00I should still be CBY-001. Problem now would be the the 1.5 Gundam suddenly loses the Y makes much more less sense now since it just automatically gains a .5 and loses a Y.

Speaking if which, Radioactive from Mechatalk made anparaphrase translation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactive28
Nothing too unexpected...

Binders control particles/field much like Alvaaron, so we have the Alvaaron Cannon. As a bonus, they have small rifles built into the binders, shooting from the tips.
Standby mode doesn't appear to serve any purpose, but they can readily shift into Attack mode, where the particles/field control can help augment the handheld beam rifle. Works on either side. Binders also allow high-angle fire (first time I've heard of this term) and simultaneous attack/defence.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-19 at 09:24.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 09:41   Link #2070
kakakka

Quote:
Problem now would be the the 1.5 Gundam suddenly loses the Y makes much more less sense now since it just automatically gains a .5 and loses a Y.
I think you're just thinking too much about it. It's an improvement, so it lose the Y and gain .5; that's it.
Old 2010-05-19, 09:47   Link #2071
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Of course, now we have a CB-001.5, CB-002 and a CB-0000 but not a CB-001.

Speaking of which, the manual prints the CBY-0074 back as CBY-074 as well.

http://tokita.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2010-05-02

According to Homeless, the blog of one of the authors of 00I written it as CBY-001.5. Talk about a total lack of consostancy whatsoever. A lack of communications can really screw things up.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-19 at 10:01.
Old 2010-05-19, 09:55   Link #2072
kakakka

Quote:
Of course, now we have a CB-001.5, CB-002 and a CB-0000 but not a CB-001.
Yeah that's probably the case.

Quote:
Speaking of which, the manual prints the CBY-0074 back as CBY-074 as well.
What's the mobile suit look like?
Old 2010-05-19, 10:13   Link #2073
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
1.5 Gundam looks good at front side, but the back side looks kinda awkward
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 12:05   Link #2074
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Yeah that's probably the case.

What's the mobile suit look like?
The GN Cannon, sort of like a brother to the 1 Gundam.

Reborns Gundam is sort of like a merged version of both of them.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:09   Link #2075
kakakka

If its the GN-Cannon, then CBY-0077 should be the model number...
Old 2010-05-19, 12:19   Link #2076
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To me it makes sense that the repaired 1 Gundam used by Leif in 00I is an updated version to the CB-001. After all, not only was it repaired, it had to be updated to use a different power source--after all, GN-Drive[T]s are tuned for optimal beam potency, so likely the systems inside had to be changed to use those GN-Particles effectively. And if GN-Condensers need to be different for those particles as well, then the 1 Gundam needs that physical change in addition to the system updates to its structure and weaponry.

And from there, the CB-001 can be further upgraded into the CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam.

Ultimately, it'd just be nice if we had some actual confirmation concerning this...
Old 2010-05-19, 12:50   Link #2077
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
If its the GN-Cannon, then CBY-0077 should be the model number...
Well thing is, there's a lot of confusion right now. The Gundam 00V Weapons book release a month or two ago says that they're both CB-001 and CBY-0077 respectively. [lol, I accidentally wrote 74 last time, my bad. My brain is so screwed up recently]

The HG manual, just used the old model numbers for both the 1 Gundam and GN cannon. Koichi Tokita, the artist of the 00I manga, puts the 1.5 Gundam as CBY-001.5 in his blog. So no, it doesn't help things much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To me it makes sense that the repaired 1 Gundam used by Leif in 00I is an updated version to the CB-001. After all, not only was it repaired, it had to be updated to use a different power source--after all, GN-Drive[T]s are tuned for optimal beam potency, so likely the systems inside had to be changed to use those GN-Particles effectively.

And from there, the CB-001 can be further upgraded into the CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam.

Ultimately, it'd just be nice if we had some actual confirmation concerning this...
The problem with that is that the CBY-001 is listed as the model number in official 00I website and it is updated monthly. Not the model number, but the site is updated monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You and me both buddy..........you and me both.

I just remembered, there's suppose to be an upcoming special chapter of 00P featuring the 1.5 Gundam. Maybe that will hopefully settle this once and for all?

Though, it can also make it worst. Troubling times are ahead in the land of "1 Gundam's Designation Clarity".

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-19 at 13:42.
Old 2010-05-19, 16:58   Link #2078
kakakka

Wasn't there an order of canonity? I mean, Wasn't Anime and Bandai direct wording (in this case model inst. handouts) takes precedence over other works? From what I remember, 1 Gundam is still CBY-001 in all other model instruction handouts, so maybe its still CBY-001?
Old 2010-05-19, 19:30   Link #2079
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I wonder what 2.5 Gundam would look like...
Old 2010-05-19, 19:59   Link #2080
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Wasn't there an order of canonity? I mean, Wasn't Anime and Bandai direct wording (in this case model inst. handouts) takes precedence over other works? From what I remember, 1 Gundam is still CBY-001 in all other model instruction handouts, so maybe its still CBY-001?
There isn't actually a real official order of canonity. The only one that exists is that anime trumps all [white area as Sunrise calls it] and that sourcebooks, sidestories etc is "maybe possible maybe not" [or the grey area as Sunrise calls it]. There isn't an official one that specifically gives priority to model kits manual over everything else.

To my knowledge though, there isn't actually another model kit instruction mention of the 1 Gundam's designation other than this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I wonder what 2.5 Gundam would look like...
Patience man, we haven't even have a 2 Gundam yet. We also need a nice letter pronunciation to it, since both 0 and 1 uses a letter to pronounce it.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-19 at 20:11.