AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-27, 11:03   Link #21
james0246

So, will there be a flashback next chapter of Zoro and company being saved/released from the palace...or did I miss their escape?
Old 2011-07-27, 11:04   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, what an epic chapter. It's been such a long time since we've had such a classic One Piece chapter in this manner, and it totally delivered. The second Luffy appeared, i had to read this chapter along side this piece of music. I believe i made the right decision. That last page shows yet again that Oda is the god of the shounen genre.

Had a feeling that would be the reason why Shirahoshi didn't say anything about her Mother's murderer. Very ;____;.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:49   Link #23
Rainbowman

This week's review:

Mini story: The two giants still battle each other. I bet they're so busy fighting that they don't even notice our heroes' return.

Main story: So Megalo told Shirahoshi what he witnessed and she kept it secret without holding a grudge because she was following her mother's example. It's good to see Luffy and his crew spring into action.

Last week's break was on a personal matter. This week's break is back to business as usual.
Old 2011-07-27, 13:31   Link #24
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hopefully, we'll get an explanation of how Zoro's group managed to escape the palace and reunite with the crew so quickly in the next chapter, but nonetheless, it was just plain freaking badass to see the whole crew gathered together again for a showdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, will there be a flashback next chapter of Zoro and company being saved/released from the palace...or did I miss their escape?
I don't think displaying the exact measures that were taken to free Zoro & co. are importatnt enough for a flashback to appear within the next chapters. I wouldn't mind it of course, but if Oda should decide not to do it, we're probably supposed to assume, that Brook's spirit managed to calm down everyone's favorite starfish after all.

But yeah, this was a really good chapter. Luffy's entrance was spectacular. I can't wait to see it in the anime. Jimbei will probably hold some sort of quick speech to all the fishmen watching, which will maybe make them root for the Strawhats. I don't think they'll bee needing to do that for long, though.
Old 2011-07-27, 13:32   Link #25
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The final panel of the chapter was epic. The straight-line cliche never gets old.~
Agree 100%!

I'm wondering if Oda is giving us hint or something as to why Shirahoshi is in the line-up as well...

With her revelation this chapter, doesn't she have the appropriate background to be a Strawhat now?
Old 2011-07-27, 13:58   Link #26
rladls716

This chapter made me think that the prediction the fortune teller saw how Luffy is going to destroy the island is not a bad thing after all, rather than Hody's invasion.

Which do you prefer?

Last edited by rladls716; 2011-07-27 at 13:58. Reason: I forgot something to add
Old 2011-07-27, 14:04   Link #27
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'm wondering if Oda is giving us hint or something as to why Shirahoshi is in the line-up as well...

With her revelation this chapter, doesn't she have the appropriate background to be a Strawhat now?
She certainly has the chutzpah to be a Strawhat, but I don't know if she really has the required drive.

I expect she will take the Tenryubito signature, ascend the throne (since her father cannot entreat peace negotiations), and go off into the political realm in order to enact her Mother's dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I don't think displaying the exact measures that were taken to free Zoro & co. are importatnt enough for a flashback to appear within the next chapters. I wouldn't mind it of course, but if Oda should decide not to do it, we're probably supposed to assume, that Brook's spirit managed to calm down everyone's favorite starfish after all.
It's bad visual storytelling if Oda doesn't connect the 2 stories. Hodi has spent the last few chapters talking about a "surprise" he has for the Strawhats at the Palace, only for the suprise to never appear, and Zoro and the others magically appearing unharmed.
Old 2011-07-27, 14:11   Link #28
kakakka

But it's Hodi... Despite of anything he had said, nothing in them is really shocking...
Old 2011-07-27, 14:14   Link #29
janipani

I wonder why Shirahoshi is together wit last panel's Straw Hat grew reunion?... fufufu xD

Well there is also Jinbei ruining my fun though! X(

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2011-07-27, 14:39   Link #30
james0246

Did anyone else notice Brook's slack-jawed expression while looking at Shira in the last panel?
Old 2011-07-27, 14:43   Link #31
mtarzaim

Quote:
Did anyone else notice Brook's slack-jawed expression while looking at Shira in the last panel?
It's because he can't ask her to show him her panty...
...since she wears none.

Old 2011-07-27, 14:47   Link #32
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
It's bad visual storytelling if Oda doesn't connect the 2 stories. Hodi has spent the last few chapters talking about a "surprise" he has for the Strawhats at the Palace, only for the suprise to never appear, and Zoro and the others magically appearing unharmed.
Yeah, I understand, but honestly, I think a simple 'you didn't actually believe you had us captured for good, right' by Zoro is enough of a connection.
Old 2011-07-27, 15:01   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
It's because he can't ask her to show him her panty...
...since she wears none.
I'm sure he'll still ask her.
Old 2011-07-27, 15:13   Link #34
marvelB

I still don't see Shira joining the crew. And honestly, I think Vivi alone was a good indicator that someone with a high social/political status would not a permanent Straw-Hat make (well, maybe Sabo could be an exception, but...... you know). That being said, I can see her helping in the battle by taking on Decken like I said earlier, or at least prevent his doomsday weapon from destroying the island (both of which can be done with the help of her sea king friends).

Also, part of me kinda hopes that Zoro fights Hyouzou not for the island's sake, but just so he can take his booze.
Old 2011-07-27, 15:21   Link #35
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

That was a pretty awesome chapter, a little too easy to guess on the "it was all planned" but I couldn't care less as it was still awesome none the less

Finally gonna get to see the SH's let loose after the skip and can't wait!
Old 2011-07-27, 15:51   Link #36
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Agree 100%!

all of luffy's crewmates have a proffession what is hers a cry baby?
Old 2011-07-27, 16:32   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
all of luffy's crewmates have a proffession what is hers a cry baby?
Well, yeah. You seem to forget that Shira's crying attracts giant Sea Kings that seemingly come to aid her. So, her crying is quite litterally her power/job :P...
Old 2011-07-27, 16:37   Link #38
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The whole issue with Shirahoshi being a potential future Strawhat has really been hotly debated just about everywhere.

She certainly has the personality we've come to expect from a Strawhat, the love of adventure and all that.

It's unfair to say she can't join because she's a crybaby, since Usopp is the same, and like him, she's willing to put herself in danger to protect her family and friends, so she's no coward.

It's also unfair to use Vivi as a reason why she can't join, since Vivi's situation is totally different from hers. Vivi had to stay, while Shirahoshi has older brother s who can help the country.

Still, no matter how much I'd like her to join the crew, she probably won't. The biggest obstacle to her joining is the fact that she simply does not have the combat ability to become a New World pirate, that's all.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:40   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Shirahoshi needs to learn to harness her power better, because her crying this chapter when her father Neptune was about to be executed wasn't good enough to invoke summoning the sea kings to his aid. In other words, she needs to do her job better .
Old 2011-07-27, 16:41   Link #40
Casshern

Cool, another addition for Luffy's harem crew.
Closed Thread