AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 31 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 31.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 17.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 9.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-13, 03:35   Link #1
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 31 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 31.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 03:36   Link #2
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Saw a raw episode via a stream. Fortress puts Seravee to GREAT shame.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 04:00   Link #3
solidvanz
Special Operative

2chan thread: Deleted

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-qgj6Apm8

Last edited by solidvanz; 2012-05-20 at 04:42.
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 04:07   Link #4
casval cehack

Shanalua is certainly the spy mention in the summary, she's so suspicious even with that pacifist front. Her protip in the Age-3 built-in simulator did guide Kio in the battle though. I wonder if the Vegans are blackmailing her (sister captured).

Wootbit, confirmed as Arisa's son, seem to be a Rody (and Age System) fanboy and the new pilot of the G-Hopper.

The Fortress earns its name for being a ground quad satellite cannon obliterating those 18 vegan drones. Kio's natural X-rounder skills adapted quickly to the Gomel's "delta attack" (the separation tactic was great).

As expected Natora is still very inexperience to a point that Albis functions as the acting captain and tactician. For the first time, we have a visible medical officer (Uona) and assistant/babysitter (Wendy) for the Diva.

The Diva seems to have the same Age-3 vernier technology, floating in the desert.
Old 2012-05-13, 04:09   Link #5
ReddyRedWolf

That is very super robot of Age 3. Who needs swap-able parts when you have swap-able combiner bodies.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 04:16   Link #6
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Saw a raw episode via a stream. Fortress puts Seravee to GREAT shame.
Probably due to its high mobility, despite its bulky stature and it being made for heavy firepower. I do hope it has some melee weapons, though.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 04:17   Link #7
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

As I was watching the battle between the AGE-3 and the Phantom 3, I kept thinking "This looks like a good time to perform OPEN GET!". And they didn't fail to deliver! See, the Core Fighter system is awesome afterall

Quite a shame about Shanalua's role getting revealed in the next ep preview though, given how her own words were the ones that allowed Kio to get his kill. Still, my flag sensor kept ticking "KIO x SHANALUA" during that cockpit scene, and if Kio wasn't that young I'd definitely ship them

*is obliterated by Fortress Full Burst*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 04:24   Link #8
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Probably due to its high mobility, despite its bulky stature and it being made for heavy firepower. I do hope it has some melee weapons, though.
That is an understatement.

@LoweGear - The cockpit scene looks motherly/sisterly to me. Likely a setup to shock Kio if she'll get written off early like the preview suggested.
Old 2012-05-13, 04:41   Link #9
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Kio learn how to fight more efficiently, running away from the enemy just mean you can predict their movements and you can prepare to attack or evade better, in dota game i think it was called juke or juking

Gundam AGE-3 Fortress has some heavy firepower, and looks like that pink haired teacher of Kio is a vagan spy from the impression i got on the next episode preview

P.S. the animation on the mecha fights on this last generation arc is consistent, im loving it
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 05:31   Link #10
tsunade666

The captain is still MOE! XD and Unoa was the medical staff of the ship. Little problems between pilot and mech but its been resolved already by the end of the episode. The battle in the sand reminds me of gundam seed. But the good part is fortress. Despite having all those big cannons. It's pretty agile in it's built but I notice that it's probably not built for space. but probably will be adjusted if they enter space battle. And Fortress also got the burst mode from g 00. It literally toast the desert field. Turning it into something like the moon surface.
Old 2012-05-13, 05:34   Link #11
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I have to say, these last two episodes made a thought appear in the back of me mind and that was ''When did this show get to be moe?'' Also, I can't really shake the Super Robot vibe this show now has with the Dragon Vagan ''canons'', the AGE-3 transformation and the cheesecake shots in the previous episode

I thought that this was a family show?
Also, poor captain Anus Enus. She looks like a little kid being told off half the time she's on screen and she looked so badarse in the OP as well

Spoiler for :

Oh well, at least the road to her becoming a baddass will be fun to watch, yes? I mean AGE had been good at that, especially with women in the show ... Yes? Anyone?

At least it was nice seeing more of the Asuno clan in this show other than Flit and Kio. Hope to see the rest soon as well so we can get to at least know what Emily and Romary think about what Flit has in mind ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Shanalua is certainly the spy mention in the summary, she's so suspicious even with that pacifist front. Her protip in the Age-3 built-in simulator did guide Kio in the battle though. I wonder if the Vegans are blackmailing her (sister captured).
Yeah, They certainly didn't leave much room for any doubt Really, AGE lacks a whole lot of subtlety when it comes to a lot of it's development ...

Quote:
Wootbit, confirmed as Arisa's son, seem to be a Rody (and Age System) fanboy and the new pilot of the G-Hopper.
Yeah, and also a little punk a**hole. Really have no idea how someone as awesome as Arisa can have a kid this awful. Her genes must have not carried over.

Quote:
The Diva seems to have the same Age-3 vernier technology, floating in the desert.
I think it might be more of tech already implemented in the Diva originally, since I think the AGE-3 tech had been under wraps from the Federation (unless Flit had been working on the Diva without anyone knowing these past years)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As I was watching the battle between the AGE-3 and the Phantom 3, I kept thinking "This looks like a good time to perform OPEN GET!". And they didn't fail to deliver! See, the Core Fighter system is awesome afterall
I know right? Man, The AGE-3 is going to rock so hard when it makes it's debut in the next SRW

Quote:
my flag sensor kept ticking "KIO x SHANALUA" during that cockpit scene
You weren't the only one

Flit X Yurin / Asem X Arisa unrequited love successor, Victory Gundam underage style GO!

Quote:
if Kio wasn't that young I'd definitely ship them
Nonsense, age has no bearing in this sho-- oh, wait.
Old 2012-05-13, 05:40   Link #12
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Looks like we have Servee's updated descendant in the form of AGE-3 Fortress. Now, it has mobility in which Seravee has failed to produce.

The core fighter has proven to be a great design. It has allowed more variety in attack and defense tactics.

I feel sorry for the captain.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 05:53   Link #13
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Quite a shame about Shanalua's role getting revealed in the next ep preview though, given how her own words were the ones that allowed Kio to get his kill. Still, my flag sensor kept ticking "KIO x SHANALUA" during that cockpit scene, and if Kio wasn't that young I'd definitely ship them

*is obliterated by Fortress Full Burst*
Nonsense, the /ss/ is what makes the ship.

Even more so since the 3rd gen already starts out with a wider cast of older more mature females.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 06:36   Link #14
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

AGE Fortress kicks some major ass! Fire power and desert mobility? Win. I also like how Kio is using the separating gimmick of AGE 3 to his advantages. I thought the combination gimmick will go to waste, I am glad I am wrong

Wootbit can go to hell for all I care. What's up with anime series with the tenancy to insert annoying characters when it is not necessary? Same goes to the homeless kids as well.

I really wish AGE can be more discreet about its future plotlines but it is so painfully obvious that Shalualua (?) is the spy. The question is will she or will she not survive the following episode
Old 2012-05-13, 06:37   Link #15
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It literally toast the desert field. Turning it into something like the moon surface.
Sand + intense heat = glass. It's a very nice touch actually, didn't know AGE has it in them to go to that sort of length for detail.

Shanalua raised so many Victory Gundam/Shrike Team death flags in this episode I lost count.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 07:18   Link #16
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I have to say, these last two episodes made a thought appear in the back of me mind and that was ''When did this show get to be moe?'' Also, I can't really shake the Super Robot vibe this show now has with the Dragon Vagan ''canons'', the AGE-3 transformation and the cheesecake shots in the previous episode

I thought that this was a family show?
Also, poor captain Anus Enus. She looks like a little kid being told off half the time she's on screen and she looked so badarse in the OP as well

Spoiler for :

Oh well, at least the road to her becoming a baddass will be fun to watch, yes? I mean AGE had been good at that, especially with women in the show ... Yes? Anyone?

At least it was nice seeing more of the Asuno clan in this show other than Flit and Kio. Hope to see the rest soon as well so we can get to at least know what Emily and Romary think about what Flit has in mind ...
Yeah, They certainly didn't leave much room for any doubt Really, AGE lacks a whole lot of subtlety when it comes to a lot of it's development ...

Yeah, and also a little punk a**hole. Really have no idea how someone as awesome as Arisa can have a kid this awful. Her genes must have not carried over.

I think it might be more of tech already implemented in the Diva originally, since I think the AGE-3 tech had been under wraps from the Federation (unless Flit had been working on the Diva without anyone knowing these past years)
Now, there will no more excuse that this show lacks moe.

I believe it is a first for Age, remembering Millias and the other girls. I can't wait for Natora to become the fitting captain of Diva as shown in the OP3. If she's going to make that journey, would Fram Nora make one in reverse (badass -> moe)?

With 3 Asunos in the frontline and at risk, I can only imagine the situation Emily and Romary is in, though they are a military family for 3 generations now. I do think they'll only show the two when something obviously critical is going to happen, considering Age's subtlety.

Wootbit scene with Kio is a contrast of his mother's meeting of Asem. Now that we've seen 2 pilots in the RIO position, would both Flit and Wootbit be on standby every operation? I'm also inclined to the idea that the floating ability is an upgrade to Diva (it did have a capable EFF crew while in reserved) even that damaged yellow engine part was in the original one.
Old 2012-05-13, 07:33   Link #17
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Shanalua raised so many Victory Gundam/Shrike Team death flags in this episode I lost count.
She seems to be going to more of a Anew Returner role than a Shrike Team role though...

Lets see next ep put a dash onto Kio's happy-happy attitude. If Kio's going to be the Judau of AGE, that attitude definitely has to go south.
Old 2012-05-13, 07:34   Link #18
nyerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Wootbit can go to hell for all I care. What's up with anime series with the tenancy to insert annoying characters when it is not necessary?
I couldn't agree more. And how many shots of his 'angry' face did we need anyway? Oh look, he has a problem with the protagonist for no reason!

The first half of this ep was a total drag, second half made up for it somewhat with some decent action scenes. The new Veigan MS looks cool, and I was a huge fan of the Seravee so of course I took an immediate liking to the Fortress!
nyerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 07:48   Link #19
faiz blaster

My impressions on this episode:

1 - They appearently changed Yunoa's seiyuu to Aya Endo (Emily's voice);

2 - Rather than than "Shrike Team", somehow Shanalua actually gave me more "Katejina"-vibes;

3 - Also on the matter of seiyuus, it is just me or Wootbit has the same voice as his grandfather?

4 - Earth Federation's new HQ being in South America is a clear nod to Jaburo.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 08:32   Link #20
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
2 - Rather than than "Shrike Team", somehow Shanalua actually gave me more "Katejina"-vibes;

4 - Earth Federation's new HQ being in South America is a clear nod to Jaburo.
Let's hope not. We do not need two queens of evil in the gundam universe

Like Jaburo, it will be most likely blown up. Who will do it remains to be seen.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote