Notices

Old 2006-09-09, 00:52   Link #1541
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo
Speaking of plot points, does anyone know what's the deal with Aeru's red eye in ep.4? Is it just an error? Or perhaps there's some special meaning behind it?

Spoiler for ep 23:
It's not an error, we saw it again in a recent ep...
Old 2006-09-09, 09:28   Link #1542
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
It's not an error, we saw it again in a recent ep...
Which one was it? I don't recall seeing it again.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 10:40   Link #1543
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo
Which one was it? I don't recall seeing it again.
When Aeru is prying that dead guys hands from the Simoun's controls...
Old 2006-09-09, 10:47   Link #1544
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

He means the recent episode that it showed up in.
I don't remember seeing it a second time, either.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 11:18   Link #1545
fignae
floofer. floof.

I'm avoiding spoilers as the series rolls to a close; been skipping posts as a result.

But... did anyone else love this month's cast message? I was squeaking out Morinas x Wapourif love to the skies, LOL. And finally, the question asked was actually about the characters and acting them, and not kissing or real-life experiences, or their favourite scene. Sigh.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 11:56   Link #1546
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
When Aeru is prying that dead guys hands from the Simoun's controls...
That was episode 4, the one appearance of the phenomenon.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 13:52   Link #1547
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
... did anyone else love this month's cast message? I was squeaking out Morinas x Wapourif love to the skies, LOL. And finally, the question asked was actually about the characters and acting them, and not kissing or real-life experiences, or their favourite scene. Sigh.
Yes, Nana-chan and Mizusawa Fumie gave a really good feeling. I love them together in the show, too. I saw some photos of Mizusawa-san on Koshimizu Ami's blog before, and she seemed like a funny and enjoyable person. And as a newly abject fan it felt like a privilege to see Nana-chan so clearly as a person.

These two seemed to have a better grasp of the Simoun world than some others. They knew more or less what Sibylla Aurea meant, and could pronounce "Neviriru" without any problems, and in unison. But they did say that they had studied, lol.

I enjoyed learning a new word (to me): erokakkoii, which I guess means cool/stylish/attractive in an erotic way, and which Fumie said Nana-chan made Morinas. I think Nana-chan said that when she was asked to be "erokakkoii," she would ask the sound director to tell/show her how. I think they were also talking about playing to the mic, and not liking to have the other player watching their face as they played the scene. That made sense to me.

On her website, Mizusawa-san says she likes to remake clothes, and that her special skill is sax. Nana-chan left, Mizusawa Fumie right:

As for Aaeru's temporary red eye in ep4, I thought it was just a symbol of the intensity of the situation, rather than a real physical phenomenon. I don't remember anything like that happening again, either, but I can't be sure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-09 at 15:57.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 18:37   Link #1548
m000m000

Spoiler for yet more gender specualtion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Honestly, if there's going to be an epiphany, I'm voting for Paraietta/Alti. The trouble with Alti/Kaimu, Kaimu/Paraietta or Paraietta/Neviril is that all those relationships have serious obsessive problems. Alti and Paraietta may have realised it and tried to let go and move on, but shedding that much emotional baggage just isn't that quick or simple (as Paraietta's already demonstrated).
Yes, this is why I'm not that keen on the whole idea of Paraietta just "opening up her eyes" for Caimu.

Caimu needs to grow out of her posessive childlike crush before she deserves, or rather, even has a chance on, Paraietta.

Or rather, she just needs to grow up - Out of all the characters, she's still the one who hasn't really resolved any of her issues yet, though I'm sure we'll get something on that next episode, what with how the whole shower scene ended and all.
And really, something is bound to happen, because time is running out with the girls going to the spring and all \o/.

Spoiler for ep. 20-23:
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 18:54   Link #1549
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000
Caimu needs to grow out of her posessive childlike crush before she deserves, or rather, even has a chance on, Paraietta.

Or rather, she just needs to grow up - Out of all the characters, she's still the one who hasn't really resolved any of her issues yet, though I'm sure we'll get something on that next episode, what with how the whole shower scene ended and all.
Which is exactly what I think will happen. Kaimu has done very little growing up through the story, so if she's going to do it, she needs to do it now. I think we'll see a lot of Kaimu in these last episodes.
I always liked her for some reason, even though she has a lot of traits that I usually dislike quite a bit (maybe it's the glasses ). I think she has a lot of awesomeness lurking under that immature foam, but first the foam needs to dissolve.

Last edited by FatPianoBoy; 2006-09-09 at 20:45.
Old 2006-09-09, 20:17   Link #1550
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And as a newly abject fan it felt like a privilege to see Nana-chan so clearly as a person.
Excuse me while I giggle. "Abject"! Hurray! Yes, I'm gaining respect for Nana-chan as seiyuu with every series. (Have been trying to watch Witchblade....)

Quote:
I enjoyed learning a new word (to me): erokakkoii, which I guess means cool/stylish/attractive in an erotic way, and which Fumie said Nana-chan made Morinas. I think Nana-chan said that when she was asked to be "erokakkoii," she would ask the sound director to tell/show her how. I think they were also talking about playing to the mic, and not liking to have the other player watching their face as they played the scene. That made sense to me.
Yep. I found that a little odd, though, that she's never played a character like that before, and would have difficulty with her. Though it's true that Mizuki Nana has mostly has cutesy roles thus far. It just makes me happy that Morinas is something special. She does a good job with the minor character Kyuushu too. Ah, thanks for the translation of the "face" comment. I didn't get that one. And also for the Koda Kumi reference. It was very fun to check up on.

Quote:
On her website, Mizusawa-san says she likes to remake clothes, and that her special skill is sax.

For further promotional purposes, direct links to the (same) stream: 500K 1M
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 02:27   Link #1551
metronome
Mad Loli

btw
who gonna buy the ps2 game of simoun?
I want it, tho too bad I wont understand it if they dont translate it~~

either way the games does look promising
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 10:03   Link #1552
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Considering that the cost of the game along with a Japanese PS2 is depressingly far out of my budget, I'll continue to play like this

until circumstances change.
Old 2006-09-10, 10:16   Link #1553
JiCi

(I am so going to get flamed for asking this...)

Is there a chance to see this anime... in English ?

*runs and hides*
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 14:17   Link #1554
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi

*runs and hides*
Nope. I'm afraid we only speak fangirl. LOL! SQUEE!
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 14:46   Link #1555
Mizkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme
Nope. I'm afraid we only speak fangirl. LOL! SQUEE!
OMG BISHIE KAWAII!!

Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 22:35   Link #1556
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Maruya Koubou, the same people that made the figure of NeviAer have now made a TempusPatium pendant:

http://maruya.name/souyoku/

I'm not sure if they're going to sell them, how to get them, or how much they might cost. There is an e-mail address on the Profile page, and the group (one person?) will be at the World Hobby Festival in Kobe on October 22. The site says that they are rather fragile, being made from lead with antimony and tin, so probably not suitable for wearing, and mail order may be out. Check the group's Blog page for more pics and info.

The site says that in Kyuukoku, you wear this "two-wing cross" before you choose genders. If you choose male, you break off the right wing, and if you choose female, you break off the left wing. The site says anyone could wear it, but it would be best for someone who has not yet chosen their gender, and still has the qualification to be a Simoun Sibylla.

There's discussion on 2channel about whether this is correct, whether there is one straight and one curved wing, etc. Some people think that males keep the straight side and females the curved. There is a photo showing some examples.

Thirteen hours to the broadcast of ep24. AS says that next week's episode (ep25) will be on at 1:45 am instead of 1:30 (just in case anyone here is in Japan and records it). I don't see anything about that on the official site, though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 22:41   Link #1557
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi

*runs and hides*
:Pushes the peanut gallery out of the way:

The licensing of a series depends mostly on its popularity in Japan, followed by it's marketability (word?) in U.S., follwed by the cost of the license.

Simoun doesn't seem to be very popular anywhere, unfortunately . Men will definitely be drawn to it because of yuri, but I don't know what their reaction would be when they find out that fanservice is almost nonexistent, they may not be happy. There the possibility that they come for the yuri and stay for everything else, I guess. Maybe we'll see a reaction like this
The cost of the license will likely be cheap, due to its low popularity, so a company may just pick it up as a low-risk investment.

So, it's very iffy.
Old 2006-09-10, 22:52   Link #1558
metronome
Mad Loli

@up and up

13 hours! cant wait anymore

@up

well, it takes time to understand and accept the whole simoun stuffs.
actually I almost gave up on ep 3.
may be the series is lack of something cool in the first episodes that might attract some guys that hope for yuri or coolness~~
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 23:34   Link #1559
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Maruya Koubou, the same people that made the figure of NeviAer have now made a TempusPatium pendant
Ooo. Want. WANT!

Quote:
The site says anyone could wear it, but it would be best for someone who has not yet chosen their gender, and still has the qualification to be a Simoun Sibylla.
The female clergy seem to continue to wear the two-winged pendant. Whether that's just a symbolic thing, or whether they're all like Onashia is a very nice question.

Quote:
There's discussion on 2channel about whether this is correct, whether there is one straight and one curved wing, etc. Some people think that males keep the straight side and females the curved.
2channel is absolutely right, and I'm sad that the pendant makers didn't get that detail right. On the other hand, the female clergy seem to have two curved wings on their pendants, so this pendant might be ideal for someone cosplaying Kyuushuu-sama.

Hmm. Now there's an idea. That's almost my hairstyle as it is....

(So, when will Rodoreamon Scary Plushies go on sale? :-) )
Old 2006-09-10, 23:37   Link #1560
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
The cost of the license will likely be cheap, due to its low popularity, so a company may just pick it up as a low-risk investment.
There was a rumour floating around a month or so ago that one of the major licensing companies was planning to acquire either Simoun or Marimite in the near term. Given that choice, I'd suspect that they'd wind up with Marimite, but Simoun might draw in an audience that might not go for Marimite....

My hope is that they license both. And Marimite-Haru, and the new OAV series. And Kashimashi, and....

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri