AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-29, 23:43   Link #8501
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Hmm...a bit hard with how the old cartoons were .

And that's another lesson: don't drink on an empty stomach. It only accelerates the absorption of alcohol into your system.

*pats yuiseppe*

Hang in there. I'm sure the Porcelain God will stop demanding offerings soon.

EDIT:
Heheh "AYE" to common sense and avoiding the Porcelain God *raises glass*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
A lesson:

-kids and beer pong
lol nasty. I plan on avoiding THAT scenario forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Like hell I'm passing up this challenge!
Spoiler for Fate Learns A Lesson:

And to continue the story that's really growing on me...
Spoiler for I'll Take The Kids, And You Take My Heart part five:
Oh, more lines of gold right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Dedicated to Wanwan :3

Spoiler for Drunk!Vivio/Syn:
Ahahaha I lol'ed at Nanoha's volume control

Quote:
Hmm...is that crack I smell?

--------------

Vivo and Syn groaned in the bathroom. Right now they figured it was best not to make any sudden movements. To them that meant no moving at all as they rested their heads on the rim of the toilet. Vivio's head lifted up a bit as she heard her mothers outside the bathroom door.

"Oh great Porcelain God, we humbly offer thee sacrifice this day from these two maidens. May their offerings please you until you have had your fill~"

The blond turned her head towards the snickering and opened her mouth to protest. However, it seemed that the Porcelain God demanded more offerings from her.
That's messy Definitely not an episode to repeat for either of them I'd hope hehehe

Quote:
This little bottle of embarrassment came as a request from a friend.
As you all should know, Syn Virage and everything associated with the character belong to Keroko.

Spoiler for NSFW-Just move along-Rated M:
I loved that one. I actually think that the reason why I like Syn is because she's still a fluid factor at the moment. Usually, the canon cast either feels out of character if they're developed beyond the original story too much, or like a flat cookie cutter by-product. Syn on the other hand feels more real; there are actually moments when someone writes something that I empathize with.
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 02:51   Link #8502
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Well, it's been a while since I wrote anything on the FFT, so here I go. Chock full of OCs, though the ending has a twist on it that's my herald for future happenings. So here we go ^.^

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
I PRESENT TO YOU THE FIRST CHAPTER OF A NEW TALE
SAY HELLO, TO...

THE BLACK ORDER

Spoiler for Prologue: The story of things to come:

So whaddya think? :3

p.s. I see you online Keroko-chan
p.p.s. Just put it up on ff.net though it's not showing up yet >.>

Last edited by Kagerou; 2008-08-30 at 03:08.
Kagerou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 03:49   Link #8503
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Send a message via MSN to Raging Heart
Quote:
Like hell I'm passing up this challenge!
Spoiler for Fate Learns A Lesson:

And to continue the story that's really growing on me...
Spoiler for I'll Take The Kids, And You Take My Heart part five:

Writing Bloopers:
Spoiler for Allquall's Adventures in Proofreading!:

I love it, keep going, i wanna more.
Old 2008-08-30, 03:54   Link #8504
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Well, it's been a while since I wrote anything on the FFT, so here I go. Chock full of OCs, though the ending has a twist on it that's my herald for future happenings. So here we go ^.^

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
I PRESENT TO YOU THE FIRST CHAPTER OF A NEW TALE
SAY HELLO, TO...

THE BLACK ORDER

Spoiler for Prologue: The story of things to come:

p.p.s. Just put it up on ff.net though it's not showing up yet >.>
Pretty dark, but black ops is a nice idea, looking forward to more.

Though I hope Subaru and Ginga will be okay.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 04:46   Link #8505
Hiria
ArisaxSuzuka Fan! ^^

Send a message via Yahoo to Hiria
Quote:

ooohhh.. nanoha and fate are mean. I feel bad for syn and vivio. nice work satashi.

Quote:
And now for your daily shiny crack

I suggest watching this first in order to get the dance in your head
Spoiler for this:

Spoiler for Three syllables anyone?:

Yes I have been playing EO2 why do you ask? The pic was put together a while back by TeleIce btw
Ha-YA-Te!!!!! ahahahahar!!!! LOL

Quote:
As you all should know, Syn Virage and everything associated with the character belong to Keroko.

mooore... vivio/syn.. more vivio/syn!!! XDXD
Hiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 06:42   Link #8506
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
And what are you going to do about it, boya?

Quote:
Spoiler:

I actually felt sorry for Due. I mean, sure, she was one of the bad guys in StrikerS, but to suddenly be revived, treated like that and then killed again...

Quote:
I think I've written more about Syn than Keroko-chan has :3 *feels strangely amused at this*
It's not the first time this has happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Same thing happens in the OC thread. More things get written about Keroko than her creator has done.
I'm a slow writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
It's the shy ones you always gotta watch out for in bed.
Tropewise, yes. But in a fic? Bunny Fate just keeps causing red screens of Does Not Compute with me.

Quote:
I think most of us, myself included, have used Syn. Satashi's written a couple of shorts and one shots with her, she's in my RebelS... I can't think of more off the top of my head but a lot of us use her in shorts so just look around in the backlog ^^;;;
And Keroko get on that It'd be so much easier to write Syn if we had something "official" to go off of.
T_T I knoooow.

Quote:

When I read they were sixteen, the first thing that rang through my head was 'Oh, so they want to drink something more heavy then beer?'

Then I remembered this wasn't Holland, and the peope on Mid probably aren't allowed to drink beer when they are sixteen.

And cruel Nanoha is cruel. But the best lessons are the hard ones.

Quote:
Vivo and Syn groaned in the bathroom. Right now they figured it was best not to make any sudden movements. To them that meant no moving at all as they rested their heads on the rim of the toilet. Vivio's head lifted up a bit as she heard her mothers outside the bathroom door.

"Oh great Porcelain God, we humbly offer thee sacrifice this day from these two maidens. May their offerings please you until you have had your fill~"

The blond turned her head towards the snickering and opened her mouth to protest. However, it seemed that the Porcelain God demanded more offerings from her.
Yik. Thank the Cradle I don't drink any form of alcohol.

Quote:

Now this is a very interesting write of Syn, instead of what has been written so far, which usually has Syn and Vivio already in a relationship or obviously heading that way, this one focusses on Syn's stuborness to actually aknowledge she just may love someone enough that she doesn't care about her own needs.

I like it. I like it a lot. I'll be sure to keep this in mind further down the road when I reach that point myself.

Also, requesting NSFAS. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
TSS reminds me! This is my newest short series... I won't probably be able to write much for the next few days (Labor Day weekend = BUSY DAYS at work) but I should be able to by maybe Mon or Tue... Wed for sure.

So without further ado here's a teaser! (It's all I've written so far )

Spoiler for Lyrical Odyssey:

*Sneaks out*
This reminds me of the old Nanoha-cast playing MMO shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
I loved that one. I actually think that the reason why I like Syn is because she's still a fluid factor at the moment. Usually, the canon cast either feels out of character if they're developed beyond the original story too much, or like a flat cookie cutter by-product. Syn on the other hand feels more real; there are actually moments when someone writes something that I empathize with.
I've done some thinking as to why people seem to like my characters so much, and I think its for a very simple reason: All of my characters are flawed.

Strange as this sounds, this may just be the reason. For example, my star OC Keroko isn't a perfect person. Sure, she has the related-to-main-character sueish ellement, but she isn't a perfect person. She's impulsive, prone to speaking or acting without thinking, and can quickly get agressive. Syn on the other hand, is more stubborn then a brick wall, and her unyielding urge to talk back can be very annoying, if not get her into trouble. It's just that little bit of extra realism that does it.

Or at least, that's my theory.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 11:19   Link #8507
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

I've done some thinking as to why people seem to like my characters so much, and I think its for a very simple reason: All of my characters are flawed.

Strange as this sounds, this may just be the reason. For example, my star OC Keroko isn't a perfect person. Sure, she has the related-to-main-character sueish ellement, but she isn't a perfect person. She's impulsive, prone to speaking or acting without thinking, and can quickly get agressive. Syn on the other hand, is more stubborn then a brick wall, and her unyielding urge to talk back can be very annoying, if not get her into trouble. It's just that little bit of extra realism that does it.

I don't really think so Personally I think it's just because you did it first and it's easier to use a character that's preexisting then create your own ^^;; that's one of the reasons people write fanfiction in the first place, it's far easier to use a preexisting world then to create your own.

Besides most characters are flawed, that's part of what being a character and not a mary sue is. That's the best way to tell if a characters any good, it's not a long annoying test, it's one question Are they flawed? Even so called "complete characters" have some sort of issue, perhaps not as gapping as those of the arching characters.

... >/////> Whoops sorry went on a little tirade .
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 11:41   Link #8508
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:

I agree with TSS to a point. I think your characters are nice, but it's also something else. "Syn" is liked because she offers a connection to Vivio, who is hard to write about on her own. A person with no friends outside of the original cast is hard to revolve around because the main stars take her thunder. Adding in Syn is a good way to give her a friend to build off of. Plus, it's 100 times better to agree on a single character than use multiple ones.

Although I don't really like most OCs, Syn is spiffy because I can use her to enhance stories about Vivio without making people wonder who all the new people are.

...Plus I like her attitude. :3 My current story is having them meet for the first time and I plan on them not liking each other at the start.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 11:49   Link #8509
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

I love flawed characters. Who else doesn't? As I write my stories, I tend to get carried away in the writing and sometime omit the flaws of my characters, something I try to improve on.

PS: Only one character flaw I don't like is "angst". I tend to find it too common nowadays, and it struck me as the easy shortcut.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 12:55   Link #8510
Knight of L-sama
Family Pet

Send a message via MSN to Knight of L-sama
>.>
<.<

When did Syn take off her eyepatch? (the one to cover up her heterochromia)

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Syn featured (somewhat) in ch. 2! >.< Please read~~

Spoiler for Before you read:

Spoiler for SC2: ch.2- Its all Relative:

Spoiler for After you read:

Wanted to post here since I can't wait til next thursday to post another chapter in ff.net but I already finished the next chapter.... >.>
Knight of L-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 12:58   Link #8511
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of L-sama View Post
>.>
<.<

when Keroko rebuilt her, he decided to get rid of the eyepatch.
Old 2008-08-30, 14:27   Link #8512
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of L-sama
Spoiler:
Now hold on just a darn second...
Knight, you do realize that there are no directions in space relative to the ones we have on earth? You do not have "north/south/east/west" or anything in between; it simply cannot apply to the vastness of space. Moreover, how would you explain up and down? You can't, not with those directions.

The best thing, and really the only thing I can think of, is to use directional terms in "degrees", where whatever is in front of the ship would be listed at "zero" degrees, and the aft of the ship would be "180" degrees. Up and down would start at zero for level flight and either "90" or "-90" for above and below, respectively.

As an example, using the scene you have just written:

Quote:
"We received an SOS signal from a non-Midchildan registered cruiser. We have it designated at approximately 85 by 20 degrees port, distance calculated at about 4 light years, give or take a light second. but there are too many obstacles in the way for this vessel to cross it safely. We could release a small cruiser to rescue any survivors. But we would have to stall this one in order to not overshoot it. Your orders?"
In this case, 85 by 20 degrees port would be almost completely "west" of the ship, as well as a little above it.
Old 2008-08-30, 14:59   Link #8513
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wew, looks like I sparked something.

Anyway, it was just a theory. For some reason most of my characters are well liked, even characters I concidered to be side-characters. I still haven't figured out why, but it looks like this theory is a goner.

Quote:
>.>
<.<

I made some mahor changes to her profile a while back, and I dropped the eyepatch. It clashed with her personallity, I build Syn to be a very confident girl, or at least choosing to apear so, and having her wearing an eyepatch to cover her heterochromia would clash with that personality. Someone very confident wouldn't openly wear an eyepatch to hide something, that would ruin the image.

Quote:
Syn featured (somewhat) in ch. 2! >.< Please read~~

Spoiler for Before you read:

Wanted to post here since I can't wait til next thursday to post another chapter in ff.net but I already finished the next chapter.... >.>
"--The rest of this scene has been omitted at the discretion of a certain bluenette who requested the right to maintain a sense of privacy--"

*scene changes as we see Knight behind the computer, with an angry red-faced Syn, Hellskor drawn and a black arrow brimming with magic energy pointed at Knight*

Syn: That. Scene. Goes. OUT!

Knight of L-sama:
Yes ma'am. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
PS: Only one character flaw I don't like is "angst". I tend to find it too common nowadays, and it struck me as the easy shortcut.
Question out of curiosity: What defines as angst in your eyes?
Old 2008-08-30, 15:17   Link #8514
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Question out of curiosity: What defines as angst in your eyes?
First, it would be a character loaded with a tragic past, or who had received glimpse of an ill fate, and whines too damn much about it, and do nothing about it. Or use it to justify his deeds. But here is the key for me, that character would whine too damn much.

It may be cool with me when I was 12, but not anymore in my age.
Old 2008-08-30, 15:21   Link #8515
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Whew, guess that means Keroko dodges the ball. She had a pretty dramatic past, but never whines about it.
Old 2008-08-30, 15:30   Link #8516
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Whew, guess that means Keroko dodges the ball. She had a pretty dramatic past, but never whines about it.
Yeap
Old 2008-08-30, 15:49   Link #8517
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
First, it would be a character loaded with a tragic past, or who had received glimpse of an ill fate, and whines too damn much about it, and do nothing about it. Or use it to justify his deeds. But here is the key for me, that character would whine too damn much.

It may be cool with me when I was 12, but not anymore in my age.
So you Hate Most of Main Characters, the ones you play as any ways,of the Final Fantasy Series.
Seraph42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 15:58   Link #8518
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph42 View Post
So you Hate Most of Main Characters, the ones you play as any ways,of the Final Fantasy Series.
Well, I don't have this problem, I don't play Final Fantasy. I don't like idiotic main characters a la Naruto too. The exceptions would be Ryo Saeba and Monkey D. Luffy.
Old 2008-08-30, 17:36   Link #8519
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

I don't know if this has been posted, but I think I have found the full (untranslated) version of Nanoha BetrayerS. Since this doujin is based on StrikerS (which is unlicensed ), and from a quick look over I didn't see any obvious NSFW material ... I have decided to provide a link to this via the forum... Anyway here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/14141116..._Betrayers.zip. I hope this isn't a repost, but whatever . Also, I know this will probably be a lot of work, but could someone/some people translate it. Thanks.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 17:38   Link #8520
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
I don't know if this has been posted, but I think I have found the full (untranslated) version of Nanoha BetrayerS. Since this doujin is based on StrikerS (which is unlicensed ), and from a quick look over I didn't see any obvious NSFW material ... I have decided to provide a link to this via the forum... Anyway here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/14141116..._Betrayers.zip. I hope this isn't a repost, but whatever . Also, I know this will probably be a lot of work, but could someone/some people translate it. Thanks.
^^;;; it's already been posted here but thanks anyway.

Page Claim for someone being kind enough to translate it one day.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha