AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-29, 15:05   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Episode 30: South Headquarters Assault [Anime]

Let's just begin by saying I have very high hopes for this episode, judging on the preview...

We definitelyget to see Greed, Kimberly, and hopefully Greed's awesome chimeras again! Finally! I need more Sin action. I just love them, their mysterious ways, and their sinister plots Also, it's obvious from the title alone that something or somebody attacks the South Headquarters (anybody important stationed there, or just some group of the military?), hopefully Greed and Co. Also, Scar finally returns into the story, even if for only a brief scene or two. I miss the guy

As for what I hope will happen... I hope we see more of the Lizardman, get more info about the enigmatic Innocent Child, and more of Hawkeye's Boys!

Of course, there'll be more Ed, Al, Winry, Izumi, and her husband, which is always a treat

Looks pretty intense. I really can't wait.
Old 2004-04-29, 15:11   Link #2
DarkWolf

Yeah.. I'm really excited to find out about the kid's arm and leg, and what izumi has to say about them being ed's.

I want to knwo more about this kid, I don't really like the humonculous because I don't understand them.

It's mainly the kid that intrigues me, and What "the truth" is that Ed was talking about.
Old 2004-04-29, 15:12   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Yeah.. I'm really excited to find out about the kid's arm and leg, and what izumi has to say about them being ed's.

I want to knwo more about this kid, I don't really like the humonculous because I don't understand them.

It's mainly the kid that intrigues me, and What "the truth" is that Ed was talking about.
Yeah all the stuff about the Innocent Child and the Truth in episode 29 was really, really intriguing...

Also, anyone realize we only have 20 episodes left? Where did all the FMA go?...
Old 2004-04-29, 15:24   Link #4
kakashilion
has big feet

i wanna know why izumas spitting blood and why there was an uncomfortable silence when winry menthioned kids.

i think izumi experimented making a baby because her husbands too fat to make her pregnant. so now shes spitting blood because of trying this forbidden alchemy and having sex with her husband. Oh and for some reason some child was created with eds arm and legs.

But this is really obviuos stuff i spose.
Old 2004-04-29, 15:37   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
i wanna know why izumas spitting blood and why there was an uncomfortable silence when winry menthioned kids.

i think izumi experimented making a baby because her husbands too fat to make her pregnant. so now shes spitting blood because of trying this forbidden alchemy and having sex with her husband. Oh and for some reason some child was created with eds arm and legs.

But this is really obviuos stuff i spose.
This has been discussed in previous episode threads already (but I don't blame ya; you're new here ). The popular explanation was that Izumi couldn't give birth naturally and resorted to alchemy. She then failed to create a child using human transmutation resulting in the loss of some of her internal organs.
Old 2004-04-29, 15:40   Link #6
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
...i think izumi experimented making a baby because her husbands too fat to make her pregnant...
LOL, that's the most plausable theory I've heard so far...

Sonhex
Old 2004-04-29, 15:55   Link #7
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Building Attack

Someone attacking a building? With the Military in it? That sounds much more like Kimberly's masterminding then Greed. Greed would want the child I imagine from what's been said. And don't forget about Envy! Envy is going to make an 'opportunity' for the stone once more. I bet he'll find them, but the question now is in what FORM will he find them...?
Old 2004-04-29, 16:05   Link #8
XtlDragon

Quote:
We definitelyget to see Greed, Kimberly, and hopefully Greed's awesome chimeras again! Finally! I need more Sin action. I just love them, their mysterious ways, and their sinister plots Also, it's obvious from the title alone that something or somebody attacks the South Headquarters (anybody important stationed there, or just some group of the military?), hopefully Greed and Co. Also, Scar finally returns into the story, even if for only a brief scene or two. I miss the guy
You know that they always cut the most impressive scenes in the episode. I think you see some characters only talking for a few seconds. One thing is sure when looking at the preview; Izumi is up to something.
Old 2004-04-29, 16:18   Link #9
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtlDragon
You know that they always cut the most impressive scenes in the episode. I think you see some characters only talking for a few seconds. One thing is sure when looking at the preview; Izumi is up to something.
The preview was quite portentous, perhaps not all her secrets will be revealed but I think we're about to find out just how ill Izumi really is.

I also think Ed and Al will finally find out about Hughes, either from Armstrong or from Envy... boo! hiss! *throws popcorn*

Sonhex

Last edited by Sonhex; 2004-04-29 at 18:12.
Old 2004-04-30, 00:47   Link #10
insomnia

Send a message via ICQ to insomnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I also think Ed and Al will finally find out about Hughes, either from Armstrong or from Envy... boo! hiss! *throws popcorn*
I hope its Armstrong.

Though if Ed's arm and leg are on the boy, its posible that one of the other sins has Al's body?
Old 2004-04-30, 11:31   Link #11
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnia
I hope its Armstrong.

Though if Ed's arm and leg are on the boy, its posible that one of the other sins has Al's body?
We can't assum the kid is a Humonculus just yet, so its hard to say.

I think he could be a missing link (not sure what though) that all the Humonculus (The Pimpster included) will want to get their hands on...

Sonhex
Old 2004-04-30, 17:51   Link #12
OMchan
オムちゃん

The Official Site has updated with Episode 30 screenshots.

Can't wait as always.. or most of the time.

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-04-30, 19:56   Link #13
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Presumptions based on screenshots...

1, Ed and Al find about Hughes's death.

2, we see a (probably) short scene of Greed, his chimeras, and Kimberly.

3, we find out all about the Lizardman.

Excellent!
Old 2004-04-30, 22:17   Link #14
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Presumptions based on screenshots...

1, Ed and Al find about Hughes's death.
How the hell did you come up with that presumption? Am I looking at the right page, the one with six screenshots?
Old 2004-04-30, 22:47   Link #15
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Well, we see Armstrong talking to Izumi's husband, so I presume the Elrics will either find out at the end of this episode (would be a nice twist for the end) or in the next episode definitely.
Old 2004-04-30, 22:54   Link #16
tkcom
Killjoy-sama

But for how long can they keep the news unknown to Ed/Al when it could be used to weaken Ed/Al mentally. Just imagine how depress he was when Nina died.

Last edited by tkcom; 2004-04-30 at 23:24.
Old 2004-04-30, 23:17   Link #17
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Well, we see Armstrong talking to Izumi's husband, so I presume the Elrics will either find out at the end of this episode (would be a nice twist for the end) or in the next episode definitely.
That depends on whether Armstrong is a tattertale that simply blurts out everything or a sensitive guy who shall decide if the Elrics should be given a very bad piece of news at an inappropriate moment or not.
Old 2004-05-01, 01:12   Link #18
inu-fma88fan

oh yeah...the brothers don't know about the death yet...
bet they will be very mad because it took them so long to figure it out.
is it just me or is izumi spitting out blood more often. and why do i have the feeling that she is going to die...(well alot ofpeople died soo...) maybe in like the next five episode after we figure out more about the "truth"
sigh
hope she doesn't die (although i can expect that)
i love it when she "educates" and train her students...lol
Old 2004-05-01, 02:04   Link #19
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-fma88fan
is it just me or is izumi spitting out blood more often. and why do i have the feeling that she is going to die...(well alot ofpeople died soo...) maybe in like the next five episode after we figure out more about the "truth"
sigh
hope she doesn't die (although i can expect that)
i love it when she "educates" and train her students...lol
Izumi coughs out blood whenever she is agitated enough or strains herself too much (generally when she uses heavy alchemy). Her condition is slightly alleviated with medicine (one of the bottles she took off the shelves when she went off to the island).

That doesn't mean she will die. The series is just showing how much stress she's having when her two brats of students have to be reeducated and all the problems they carry follow them to her
Old 2004-05-01, 06:36   Link #20
OMchan
オムちゃん

The Episode 30 screenshots are up at http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/.

Spoiler:

Kimi ni Todoke
Closed Thread