AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 30.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-27, 11:43   Link #81
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Damn looks like Hare's death flag is waving in the cold sad breeze. I actually like her as a character but given her attachment to Shu and this is an anime after all. Hare sacrificing herself to save the person she loves in a common theme.

Hare's the question what effect would Hare's death have a on Shu? Would he rage uncontrollable or go back to his old self loathing self
If Hare dies, then fuck. She CANNOT die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I think the one problem I have with Shu being leader of the students is the guilt he will receive when something bad happpens. Lets face it, Shu is manning up, but's no Gai when it comes to not letting the guilt overcome him. It would be on Gai's conscious, but he could still get through a mission as if nothing happened. Shu on the otherhand is probably going to have problems, especially now that the Void Ranking system has been introduced.

Sacrifices are going to have to be made. With only Ayase, Tsugumi, Inori and Shu as proper commanders of hundreds of students, it is going to be very, veerryyy unlikely that every single one will survive. Who's conscious will this affect? The leader of course, Shu, because they are now relying on him.

According to Yahiro, The highest ranking void users are their top priorities. Of course, this means the lowest ranking void users and less prioritised. Top ranking = Be careful with how you use them. Low ranking = Protect them and only use them for certain things whilst at the same time keeping the top ranked void users away from certain death.

We've seen Shu become a victim of guilt before because he killed someone who wanted to be killed. What would it be like for him to have the deaths of many students under his leadership fall during a battle.
Which is why it'll be interesting to see the title of the show have more of an impact now in the later eps. :P
Old 2012-01-27, 11:45   Link #82
Soji

DXMichae@ Agree is inevitable in the situation that they are..
HelpeRX@ Why? I think that Man don't was really his sister or at least one of them was adopted wich mean no boold tied.
Old 2012-01-27, 12:19   Link #83
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Note the words "spin off". Call of Duty got their zombie spin off game, Dota is Warcraft 3 spin-off but do you say you are playing true CoD or Warcraft 3 while shooting zomebie and slaying Roshan?
You can't say McDonald is McDonald when you drop the burgers ad fries from the menu, can you?
Your examples are gaming mods, not spin offs. They are still pretty much the same game.
Also you mentioned "it's not code geass without lelouche" while there are mangas (and an OAV in the works) with Code geass in it's name without lelouche in it.
Regardless if it's a spin off, prequel or something else, those titles are still considered to be Code Geass.
Quote:

Earthling vs Anti spiral with a boy Gurren?

How about Celestial Being fighting against the United Nation army with the first innovator using godlike twin driver system?
Or the boy with the right hand that can cancel even god miracle, fight both magical and psychic world?
etc...
Your examples are people starting a fight by using mecha's, not superpowers. Also in the case of spiral energy in Gurren Lagann, every living being can tap into that.
In the case of a geass and void users, both powers are called "power of the kings".

Quote:
Let face it, the "hero with super power who turn gain the world" is mainstream. But what made Code Geass Code Geass is Lelouch. It is his laugh, his strategy, his intelligence, his emotion, his madness that define the series. It is like the anime is created to praise him not his rebellion.
While Lelouche in code geass is unique, the story would have never started without the rebellion of the Elevens that caused him to get his geass.
Also this rebellion was the main point for his story, because this rebellion was his means of getting revenge on his father. While for the elevens, it was not revenge but a way of getting freedom.
Old 2012-01-27, 12:28   Link #84
ookamigirl

The whole re-election thing was kinda unimportant when considering the gravity of the whole situation. They were acting pretty relaxed considering..
The void power reader was kinda cool ^^
I'm glad Shu talked some sense into everyone.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-01-27, 13:19   Link #85
zero7090

Spoiler for long post is looooong:
Old 2012-01-27, 13:39   Link #86
tsunade666

Having Hare a death flag was a given theory way back when she was in clear loved Shu but the next episode just solids it but how will she sacrifice herself would still be a mystery but seeing Shu full of bullets in his body maybe Hare will heal him but how will she heal him if he is dead? how will she invoke the void and how will that threaten Hare's life?

In the new op scene you can see the Shu full in turmoil and even getting eaten up by metals but Inori was by his side and he still stand up but from the near end of the op. You can see a read eyed Shu that doesn't show much emotion anymore. He might get cold when all this sacrifice and guilt was eating him up. He needs to shoulder all the students lives if he will be the king. Well it depends on how one depicts a king. A king that shoulders his people or a the king who rules his people.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:46   Link #87
Soji

tsunade666@ Well I agree on most part on what you said.Just one thing Red eyes Shu is a part of him (I think we can said like this) . The red eyes appear when he angry or when he use Inori's Void.
Old 2012-01-27, 14:03   Link #88
blue_sora

What's with this debate about Code Geass and Lelouch? Shouldn't that be moved to the Code Geass thread?

My thoughts on this episode:

Before OP:

1. I knew the same guys will be the villain again this episode.

2. Geez, Arisa is the one supplied all of the students with food and medicine with the help of her grandfather, and now you said that's so not leader-like? And if she is the one that has the most influence and power can't do anything what chances that other students can do better than her? Delusional students.

3. Wow, they have a student charter? And vote of no confidence? I'm impressed.

4. You know what Gai will do at this time, Shu? He will take out Inori's Void, swing it out towards the students and ordered students who disagree with Arisa to leave the school at once. That will shut up all of them.

OP: Where art thou, badass Shu?!!

After OP:

1. It's time for Tsugumi in the spotlight! Care to explain why you're alone? An orphan? Family killed by GHQ? Nothing? Oh well. This reminds me that I absolutely know nothing why FP members are fighting and their past, including Ayase.

2. I love the scene of finding out what's Tsugumi's void. Guilty Crown might be a better series if it was a school-of-life anime.

3. You know, with all the competency that Inori showed through out the episodes, I still wondered why she was so incompetent in the first ep. Hope Inori's cruelness in this episode will lead to something in the future.

4. I think I'm already desensitized to massacres in anime. Still brutal though.

5. Oh, Shu is finally manned up but not truly become a badass yet. He's missing his scarf! And the next preview he's still not in his badass uniform! Maybe the scarf is Hare's. Yes I'm predicting Hare's death in the next ep.

ED: I only like how Inori pulls Shu and then he's leading. That's all.
Old 2012-01-27, 14:37   Link #89
Shadow5YA

Wait, so what exactly raised Hare's death flag in this episode? I must have missed it.
Old 2012-01-27, 14:41   Link #90
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
warcraft 3 = 1v1
dota = teamwork 5v5
Still dpes not change the fact that it has not the same name and it was orignated as mod to warcraft.

Quote:
if you open mcdonald selling salad and taco without burgers and fries can you call it a mcdonald?
No, because you will get sued by the main franchise for misusing their name. Those mangas did not get into any legal problems, because the usage of the name was authorized by the people who has the rights over code geass.

Quote:
They are considered Code Geass but do they have Code Geass spirit? Gundam Seed C.E.73: Stargazer have the words "gundam seed" but do you call it true gundam seed?
In the case of stargazer it has the same writers as seed. Also stargazer was a sequel to Astray, which takes place in the same gundam seed timeline: the Cosmic Era.

Quote:
what is the differences between having exclusively godlike tech and kinglike power?
You can tap into it but without the key which was given to Simon, Gurren won't work

p/s:
CB was pretty much trashing any non-GN driver mobile suit, then in trans-arm, then in ss2 00 can quantum itself.
Even with the key, the gurren won't work without spiral energy. Your point is?
In case of exclusive powers and exclusive tech, well technology can easily been copied while powers normally don't. Like in gundam 00 2nd season, the antagonists all have similar technology and thus making celestial being much weaker in comparsion to season 1.

Quote:
Nope, the main point of Code Geass story is all about him. Remember how he could just gear suckzaku and tell him to gtfo in the island ss1, yet he commanded him to "Live"?
I never said that Shuu is like Lelouche, but simply that there have been some similarites between the 2 animes after this episode. Maybe because one of the writers of Guilty crown has written for code geass before.
Old 2012-01-27, 14:51   Link #91
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I was watching commie's version and there was no preview at the end but when I look through this topic and everone is talking about Hare's death flag right now. Sure feels so good getting spoiled like this. Also every theory that's made in these topics are amazes me. I sure enjoy my time while sipping my coffee and reading your comments <3 Lastly I really liked Tsugimi's void. Now she can make ecchi things with herself heh.

edit: Thanks for the preview @dark998. Much appreciated ;3

Last edited by Qpax; 2012-01-27 at 17:59.
Old 2012-01-27, 15:12   Link #92
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
I was watching commie's version and there was no preview at the end but when I look through this topic and everone is talking about Hare's death flag right now. Sure feels so good getting spoiled like this. Also every theory that's made in these topics are amazes me. I sure enjoy my time while sipping my coffee and reading your comments <3 Lastly I really liked Tsugimi's void. Now she can make ecchi things with herself heh.
http://guilty-crown.jp/
(For some reason we can only watch the preview in main site.)
Old 2012-01-27, 17:01   Link #93
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
Here

Old 2012-01-27, 17:30   Link #94
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I support the new set up that was presented at the end of the episode. This is a matter of survival. Prioritizing those with powerful Voids would have been my first decision as well, if everyone wants to live well this is the way to do it. Im sure Shu will have some objections at first but he will have to come around, also its easy to see how those with powerful Voids can start looking down on those with weaker ones. Everyone is Shu's group has a strong Void already with Inori not being able to be measured. Im interest to see how this pecking order works out.
Ranking them A-F is a terrible idea, and will only create strife within the group. The true power of someones void depends entirely on the given situation. If they are starving, Inori's sword will do no good, but perhaps that low-ranking refrigerator void is always full of food. The "power" gauge is utterly meaningless without context.

What should be done, is to discover each persons void, and catalog them for later use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
http://guilty-crown.jp/
(For some reason we can only watch the preview in main site.)
...which has one of those custom flash players with no volume control, and buffers worst than real.
Old 2012-01-27, 17:48   Link #95
Dahak86
Classics never age

time-frame: 16:12 -- Damn you, Shoe! Of all the times you had to act and do something...

that being said, first-half [of the series] was definitely much more entertaining. (purely from a lulz-standpoint)
Old 2012-01-27, 17:53   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
time-frame: 16:12 -- Damn you, Shoe! Of all the times you had to act and do something...
To be honest, I was getting pissed off by the fact that he was taking his sweet time...
Old 2012-01-27, 18:53   Link #97
Morisato

Looks like Yahiro is becoming another Rosshu.
Old 2012-01-27, 20:32   Link #98
Lumir

Void rankings. And people as important as their voids. Its already a broken system that wont work. Everyone is important regardless of their voids. Guess we are going to see some more drama.
Old 2012-01-27, 20:47   Link #99
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Void rankings. And people as important as their voids. Its already a broken system that wont work. Everyone is important regardless of their voids. Guess we are going to see some more drama.
Some animals are more equal than others.

I cracked up at Tsugumi being a baby about her void at first.

Hare: "It only hurts for a second."
Tsugumi: "Wait, it hurts?"
Me (after watching too many RiffTrax): "Only the first time."

Then by the end, she's quite pleased to show it off. Naturally, the ending card had to take its application to its logical exploitative conclusion.

One thing I'll note is that I really don't feel we learned anything about Tsugumi that we didn't already know. She may be doomed to remain a fairly shallow, if amusing character. The focus given to her this week seemed less productive than what Ayase got last episode. If anything, Inori got more of a bump by reminding us what a "creepy doll" vibe she has to her. Her robotic conversing with Tsugumi about what loneliness feels like was actually more disturbing than the dispatching of her assailants; we already knew, after all, that she's a black belt in waif-fu. It's just that some of the things she says make her seem like she's still more weapon than human.
Old 2012-01-27, 20:47   Link #100
Arya

Shu is not yet ready to bear Inori's cruelness
So all the guys gone for the girls, f****** b******* When I saw Inori in the corner I started calling "someone .. kill'em all!! Shu, where the h*** are you??" And I was a bit disappointed they cut the scene, I wanted to see Inori beat them up. I don't know if she lied b/c she knew it was something bad or b/c it was something unimportant.
And then again with Ayase. Shu, what the f*** were you waiting for? Couldn't find a parking? you have been too soft there.

Well, well, very nice episode, Shu is constantly growing up, to the point I fear he will become worse than Gui in emotionless terms. If those death flags are true, he will lose them (emotions) quite soon. Not enough to not say to Inori to show some mercy.
Looking at the end of the OP it seems that Inori is dreaming of trying to kiss Shu, but then she suddenly wakes up. It gave me the feeling of some turnaround, similar to the gui/shu's one, but here Inori will gain her emotions bit by bit in contrast to Shu who will lose them along the road.
I hope they decide to keep the void ranking hidden to the plebs, it isn't a wise idea to reveal each void rank.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Closed Thread