AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-13, 06:55   Link #221
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

His skill makes the maximum number of evidence bullets three.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 10:51   Link #222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There are just as many people who hate "weeaboo" names and want translations to localize everything as much as possible.

I know people who hated it when Atlus left Japanese honorifics in the English dub for Persona 3 and 4.
Then why just Monokuma? Why not name Hagakure "Steve", or Asahina "Janet". Why single out Monokuma for having a different name in English? If you wanna be thorough, be thorough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I know this is not the right place, but don't you guys think too that one of the posts in the anime thread is a bit too close to the truth considering too vital clues for it are still missing?
Actually, could it be that you're so caught up in your agony over "how they left out everything" that you can't even imagine that someone actually figured it out using clues that WERE there?

No seriously, I looked it over, carefully, no reference was made to stuff that did not happen in the anime.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-07-13 at 11:04.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:46   Link #223
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Actually, could it be that you're so caught up in your agony over "how they left out everything" that you can't even imagine that someone actually figured it out using clues that WERE there?

No seriously, I looked it over, carefully, no reference was made to stuff that did not happen in the anime.
Not agony... despair... despair....

Jokes aside though; I just think its kinda unlikely that someone figures out what maizono did without figuring the dying message out at first glance or the incinerator room part.
Given they got both in the meantime, after someone repeated the incinerator room again.
Though the part about the dying message is a bit peculiar.
As said though it might be just my post-mystery over suspiciousness.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:17   Link #224
hamazura
whatever

maybe the anime is for people who watch and enjoy the case, not solve the case...
ah, not maybe, but must be...

btw just finished ch.4, well my speculation goes right... but... i hesitate my spec will goes wrong when dat asahina did something so stupid at trial and make the case more more more confusing by lying here and there sigh i know she is airhead but... Its already at the level of stupid -_-
you cant do it booby girl, you are not togami... -_-
you were my fav girl, but now is kirigiri

i cant imagine other student kill / killed / suicide except 16th student and fukawa...
So is there still trial class in ch.5 and 6?
Old 2013-07-13, 14:34   Link #225
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since some discussion could potentially disrupt an unrelated thread, going to reply some quote here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
This is probably what I hated most about Danganronpa, especially after being informed about Monokuma's motivations for pitting the characters against each other.

Spoiler for Danganronpa specific, END. Open at your own risk:
Quote:
^ No. I understand everything, that's why I hated the notion of Danganronpa.

In fact, how people seem to enjoy the story of Danganronpa makes me wonder how they were able to stomach the violence. DR was the reason why I created this thread, but there are other series with similar themes which may have incited my rage in the past as well.
I'm not going to pretend I'm void of bias here, but I really think you are mistaken Marcus:

Spoiler for Discussion over the mastermind motives, END SPOILERS:

As for my appreciation for the game, I feel rather offended how you think people who appreciated the game was just because of the violence whatsoever, or "could stomach the killing".

I for one was frustrated to see some likable characters being outright killed without much solution to the problem. Suffice to say, not only their deaths aren't gratuitious, but they do encompass the objective of the mastermind behind all this mess.

And frankly, some deaths are also a good example of how it is hardly possible to have goody 2 shoes characters only. In fact, some other fictions had much more gratuitious deaths such like Battle Royal and Gantz, and that's really not the whole deal with DR.
Frankly, I really don't get how you are supposed to present a deathmatch style story with that kind of fate at stake, without having disturbing content.
Old 2013-07-13, 15:16   Link #226
hamazura
whatever

Ah fak, it seems my game/emulator trigger a bug...
at ch.5 after Masked-man death, togami order naegi to check specific place with new key.
No matter where i go to one of the four location to check, there always "endless loading" and even its not, when i investigate the one of four door, no text appear, its just blank text but the game and bgm still running, i cant press anything execpt ESC/psp home button.

Any solution? -_-
Old 2013-07-13, 16:03   Link #227
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, I don't quite understand why some people would be bothered by Monokuma being Monokuma. I mean, that's what his name is. I thought people hated it when character names got changed during translations.

Not sure if this refers to me, but for the record: Again, Monokuma being left as-is doesn't bother me. I was just surprised that it was left intact, is all. I figured they would localize the name or something instead (I used a Phoenix Wright example before, but I think a better comparison here would be how "Kuma" was changed to "Teddie" in Persona 4, who's also a goofy bear character). Otherwise, I don't really have any complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In general, the game is still rather too easy even in Malicious because the phases are too obvious. The only peculiar parts are chapter 6 MTB, which can be extremely annoying due to the negative tempo spam and how big the opponent inflience gauge is.

I dunno.... personally, I found the trials can still be pretty tricky even if you know all of the correct answers. Even crazier is that the sequel really ups the ante in this regard in several ways. That's one of the main reasons I enjoy this series so much in the first place!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:11   Link #228
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Not sure if this refers to me, but for the record: Again, Monokuma being left as-is doesn't bother me. I was just surprised that it was left intact, is all. I figured they would localize the name or something instead (I used a Phoenix Wright example before, but I think a better comparison here would be how "Kuma" was changed to "Teddie" in Persona 4, who's also a goofy bear character). Otherwise, I don't really have any complaints.
Not you specifically. Although what you said did remind me of what I heard elsewhere.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:23   Link #229
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for Danganronpa END SPOILERS:

I wanted the time I played this game back.
I never signed up for this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:31   Link #230
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well...

Spoiler for Dangan Ronpa 1, ending:

Not like I'm trying to make you change your mind, but I just don't get your perspective at all.
Especially considering the subject of the thread you have made, DR arguably doesn't fit the type of story were "characters deaths are meaningless".

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-13 at 19:42.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:36   Link #231
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler for Danganronpa END SPOILERS:

I wanted the time I played this game back.
I never signed up for this.
1)
Spoiler for DR end game:

2) Your example from that show does not hold ground, because:
Spoiler for Koreha Zombie Desuka Season 1:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-13 at 19:40. Reason: just in case people didn't finish the game
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:46   Link #232
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Not like I'm trying to make you change your mind, but I just don't get your perspective at all.
Especially considering the subject of the thread you have made, DR arguably doesn't fit the type of story were "characters deaths are meaningless".
I was forced to plow through the event by some friend of mine who thought that it was a great game.
It wasn't. I didn't enjoy every single moment of it. I wanted to punch the monitor every time I see a DR character.
Yeah, I'm truly, madly, deeply pissed at the experience.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-07-13, 19:49   Link #233
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No offense, but not only you hardly explain "why" the game sucks, but I hardly don't get why you simply didn't stop the game right after the first trial then, if you really hated it even before the conclusion of it.

To each of their own, but I felt the need to put my own grain of salt, because instead of an opinion, you stirred quite "statement" there, even using DR as an example of senseless display of death/violence, which is arguably not the case.
Old 2013-07-13, 19:58   Link #234
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It may be just me talking with rage in my veins, so apologies for that.
That said, I'm a person who is terribly weak when it comes to explaining shit, so you'd probably not understand it even if I try to explain it to you.

However, you can just summarize my thoughts as "simply not enjoying most of the major aspects of the game".

Old 2013-07-13, 23:33   Link #235
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
It may be just me talking with rage in my veins, so apologies for that.
That said, I'm a person who is terribly weak when it comes to explaining shit, so you'd probably not understand it even if I try to explain it to you.

However, you can just summarize my thoughts as "simply not enjoying most of the major aspects of the game".
If you're referring to the overall controls of the game and the system they use for the trials, I partially agree. It's not the most polished system in the world, and as far as murder mystery games go it's pretty standard stuff.

Though frankly I found my enjoyment of the game came from the investigations and the dialogue of the characters. The first case isn't exactly that big of a deal, and since it's a tutorial that's not a huge surprise. Case 2 however will always be engrained in my memory as being absolutely fantastic.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:51   Link #236
hamazura
whatever

No manga reconstruction mini game in chapter 5
is there anybody who able to solve this case before trial? even though the trial is very easy, for me the case is a lot harder than case 2 where togami is a dick, now the dick is monokuma himself -_-
i never expect our naegi or kirigiri (or even the rest of survivors, whom they dont even know mukuro exist) kill her, and there is a class trial to force us to choose who the culprit between them.
Is this what you call 'paradox'?
Old 2013-07-14, 10:43   Link #237
zetsubo666

I apologise if this has been asked already but could someone please tell me if there's anywhere I can read Dangan Ronpa Zero LN translated?
zetsubo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 12:20   Link #238
hamazura
whatever

And i actually had finished the game....
man... I feel the despair coming... I barely defeat the third crazy MTB... Only 1 heart remaining
and dat ending...
Spoiler for ...:

Cases difficulty level from easiest : 6>1>3>4>2>5
some (or many) ar predictable, but thats not bad, actually its good, this made me use my brain to think, if the case too hard like conan, i never think anything and just enjoy the show

need sequel
So, how many years until english release / fan-translation come out?
Old 2013-07-14, 13:21   Link #239
zetsubo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler:
zetsubo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 14:50   Link #240
marvelB

Man, to think the series finally got its own subforum.... Such joy I'm feeling now!

Anyhoo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubo666 View Post
I apologise if this has been asked already but could someone please tell me if there's anywhere I can read Dangan Ronpa Zero LN translated?

It hasn't been fully translated yet (more like halfway, since the first book is done), but a translation can be found in Something Awful's LP thread for the sequel, which I linked to in this thread's first post. Thankfully, that thread's OP has all of the necessary links listed right there, so there's no need to surf through a sea of spoilers to reach the next update (and I believe that spoiler ad business was taken care of already, so....).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote