AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-06, 04:15   Link #401
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm only up to the third episode so far - I only started my rewatch an hour ago!

And my favourite piece of music has to be when the SMS hanger doors opened for Ozma and Alto. It just has that Wild West sound to it in my opinion and just makes the SMS that much more awesome.

When I first watched Frontier it was only a horrible TV rip but now I've got the Blu Rays and I must say the show is just as beautiful as the movie.

I can't offer much in the way of discussion other than it's interesting to see how Sheryl's behavior changes including her speech and appearance. During the concerts and evacuation she's a stone cold ice queen but when she was flying to Frontier with Grace she had an almost childish innocence.

I do however think the phrase 'ore wo dare da to omotteyagaru' would rise to even higher epic proportions if Sheryl said it.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 04:57   Link #402
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
I'm not even that much of a Ranka fan, so it's weird I'm defending her in the first place , must be the moe?
Tell me about it... I don't dislike Ranka, but I'm not a big fan, either. And yet, I've been termed a "Wankian" by at least one member of the community here.
Old 2010-11-06, 05:32   Link #403
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

NANASE WATCH 2010 (episode 4):
My Stalker is a Pilot

BEST EPISODE YET!! SO MUCH TO LOVE HERE!!

Is Ranka about to...?

Yes, yes she is! Nanase, your dreams are coming true!

Peering hard...

Why's Keitai-kun sweating...?

So, Nanase...why didn't you enter? You probably would've won.

Sez you.

Sez you.

Slamming the door in Ranka's face...ouch.

In my fanfics, Nanase's face looks like this whenever the self-insert character shows up. (And hey...BEHIND Nanase and Alto...isn't that...?)

You should'a gone for it Nana-chan...I'm tellin' ya, you would've won...
Old 2010-11-06, 06:24   Link #404
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that i'll be agreeing with magnuskn when i say that the second half of episode four is quite possibly some of the best material we see in Macross Frontier. I absolutely love SMS vs Pixie team mock battle, followed by Alto's attack on the Vajra. Plus it shows just how well space battles and vocal tracks go together. Music placement at it's best, right here.

I can't even begin to describe how much i fanboy'd at this episode back in the day. Seeing the Queadluuns in action was seriously godlike, and watching it yet again doesn't bore me in the slightest. Plus let's not forget the introduction of my favorite character Klan. Shame the OP spoiled her micron form, though it was still one hell of a surprise . Her Meltran form is so dreamy though~. So glad we see much more of it in the episodes to come (next episode her in casual attire <33).

It's about this episode where you can see that the space battle budget for the series will keep on delivering with such a high level, i mean i haven't seen a series since Frontier aired in 2008 that could match it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If Cathy is the 8th Miss Macross when did the contest become tradition?
Since the original Miss Macross with Minmay. There's been many more over the year, though the 8th that Cathy was apart of is just the contest aboard Frontier.

@Yot-chan - I'm surprised you missed out Nanase's under boob shot.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:27   Link #405
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
@Yot-chan - I'm surprised you missed out Nanase's under boob shot.
I didn't miss it...I just had way too many pics for this episode already, so I cut it out.

The jiggly scene in episode 5 probably won't be captured, either.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:28   Link #406
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I didn't miss it...I just had way too many pics for this episode already, so I cut it out.
I'll rephrase my original post then. I can't believe you cut it out.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:30   Link #407
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I'll rephrase my original post then. I can't believe you cut it out.
If I could make a gif, it would be okay...but the still pic just doesn't look that interesting.

And even a gif wouldn't have the sound effect, which totally makes the scene.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:33   Link #408
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
If I could make a gif, it would be okay...but the still pic just doesn't look that interesting.

And even a gif wouldn't have the sound effect, which totally makes the scene.
You beat me there.

Speaking of gifs..

Old 2010-11-06, 08:45   Link #409
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I can't even begin to describe how much i fanboy'd at this episode back in the day. Seeing the Queadluuns in action was seriously godlike, and watching it yet again doesn't bore me in the slightest. Plus let's not forget the introduction of my favorite character Klan. Shame the OP spoiled her micron form, though it was still one hell of a surprise . Her Meltran form is so dreamy though~. So glad we see much more of it in the episodes to come (next episode her in casual attire <33).
Throw in the song Ranka is singing and I was giddy.

And Klan non-microned is great because you get Revy's voice. Perfect fit.

Quote:
Since the original Miss Macross with Minmay. There's been many more over the year, though the 8th that Cathy was apart of is just the contest aboard Frontier.
Ah, 8th on Frontier. Wow. I didn't realize, not give much thought to, just how long Frontier has been around.

I demand a prequel!
Old 2010-11-06, 09:33   Link #410
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

On that note, I think it's time for a little avvy switch. Lovely combat sequence is lovely. Not much to add to what's already been said (other than I hadn't noticed manager-san behind Alto and Nanase the first time out).

And I still think Ranka's cute, at this time. Imagine that.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 09:48   Link #411
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You can't help but feel bad for her when she hit her head on that mic.
Old 2010-11-06, 10:26   Link #412
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
On that note, I think it's time for a little avvy switch. Lovely combat sequence is lovely. Not much to add to what's already been said (other than I hadn't noticed manager-san behind Alto and Nanase the first time out).
I didn't notice it until I posted the image, actually...
Old 2010-11-06, 11:34   Link #413
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Thanks for posting it, then. It solidified my impression.

Quote:
You can't help but feel bad for her when she hit her head on that mic.
Am I a bad person to have LOL'ed when I saw it the first time, and now again?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 11:44   Link #414
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
And my favourite piece of music has to be when the SMS hanger doors opened for Ozma and Alto. It just has that Wild West sound to it in my opinion and just makes the SMS that much more awesome.
I get more of a Mediterranean vibe from it, but I'll agree that it's awesome. Shows up in episode 4 as well, might as well be the SMS theme song.

Also, I've been looking forward to Nanase watch lately. If only for the lulz, or maybe the glasses . Hope you keep it up! (though it might get a little depressing on the later eps).

Thinking back on the episode, the kind of bloom lighting they did for the Miss Macross stage animations kind of stood out. At first I thought it was kind of weird, but I think it was kind of neat now. It gave it a really showy ethereal kind of feel along with the camera flashes and everything. Also, unrelated, Bobby's got some seriously mad make-up skills

Quote:
Not at all, well, unless I'm a bad person as well .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 12:56   Link #415
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
No. I laughed too but still felt bad for her.
Old 2010-11-06, 16:09   Link #416
Dop
Mmmm....

I loved the whole choreography of the training battle scene. Not just Alto-hime's outrageous posing after his first 'kill' , but during the fight with Klan when, as Ranka sang the line about two hearts, Alto and Klan's trails drew out two hearts. Nicely done.

Zentredi weapons: Built to last!

The first time i saw this series I wasn't familiar with the Macross universe, so it was a bit surprising. "What, you're telling me the giant warrior woman and the little girl are the same person?"

Ranka hitting her head on the mike was funny, really.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 17:45   Link #417
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Speaking of Klan, is there any concrete facts about why she changes like that when she is micronized? Has it happened to others or is she the only one? Or is it just a lame excuse to make her a little kid for comedic relief?
Old 2010-11-06, 17:52   Link #418
magnuskn

"Her genes are clumsy" is the best we've got, I fear.

To be honest, I never understood why Michael couldn't macronize to be with her. I heard that he is sort of a half-Zolan, but only in rumours. His ears indicate Zentraedi ancestors.
Old 2010-11-06, 17:54   Link #419
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Speaking of Klan, is there any concrete facts about why she changes like that when she is micronized?
I believe it's just down to her genetic anomaly. More then that isn't explained in the show, though it might have been in a magazine/collection book. Haven't heard anything more on the matter though.

& she is the first one.

Edit: Magnuskn beats me by a few minutes.
Old 2010-11-06, 17:59   Link #420
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
"Her genes are clumsy" is the best we've got, I fear.

To be honest, I never understood why Michael couldn't macronize to be with her. I heard that he is sort of a half-Zolan, but only in rumours. His ears indicate Zentraedi ancestors.
According to one thing I read (although I can't remember if it was in "Perfect Triangle" or the Roman Album), it said that Michael had a (rather convenient) genetic disease of his own which would kill him if he macronized.

And yes, he is part-Zentradi, with some Zolan blood mixed in. First mentioned, I blieve, in the novelization, then confirmed in Macross Chronicle (among other sources).

Tags
macross frontier, re-watch