AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-02-20, 19:49   Link #21
LCeh

I know where to find volume 6 in Chinese, but I have no idea if that's chapter 63 or not, since they don't seem to number their chapters in their tables of content. -_-
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 23:43   Link #22
Saber Cherry
Marionette

This would be a lot better if the people had realistic motivations. People Koinzell meets are either utterly devoted to him after knowing him for about 5 minutes, or want to kill him. Sometimes they flip back and forth. And the evil people are generally too evil just for the sake of being evil.

And yeah, as mentioned, the sex scenes are pretty contrived.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 20:41   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I find Übel Blatt's motivations more "realistic" than the dick measuring that goes on in other works.

People either see Koinzell as a formidable weapon - which he is - and want to use him, or they rightfully see him as a threat and want to kill him.

As for Koinzell, he wants revenge. Who wouldn't?

I agree that his success with women is rather unrealistic, but is it any worse than, say, James Bond? However, I don't think it's always the women being pedos. Most of them see the adult he is, even in that youthful body, and want to have sex with that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 00:04   Link #24
Valerian Mengsk

To read Berserk I would recommend skipping the 1st 12-13 chapters and start reading the Golden Age Arc which takes place long before the first few chapters do. Don't read the opening until after Chapter 100, cause by then it will make sense to you. Believe me when I say that the Gutts you see in the opening is a shadow of his true character in the manga.

Edit: I have to agree that the women generally see Koinzell's mature 40-ish self in the way he acts and treats others around him. Plus people have mentioned how his eyes are nothing like those of a kid. Regardless of the reason he is still landing to many chicks.

Last edited by Valerian Mengsk; 2008-02-24 at 00:08. Reason: Adding to the discussion
Valerian Mengsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 18:54   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Looks like UB is a bi-monthly manga.

Ch164 was rls on Friday, got my hands on the raw today. Looks like the flashbacks arc is done. Hopfully Konzell will get the 3rd "hero" on his list soon.

And i am defintely waiting for the news to spread about who Konzell really is. There aren't that many people who have master the Black Wing and only one has the reason to seek revenge.

Quote:
Edit: I have to agree that the women generally see Koinzell's mature 40-ish self in the way he acts and treats others around him. Plus people have mentioned how his eyes are nothing like those of a kid. Regardless of the reason he is still landing to many chicks.
And realistically, he is actually doing something with these women instead of running like a some sort of loser with a allergy to women. Which is quite refreshing.
Old 2008-05-23, 00:28   Link #26
Charlie4As

Quote:
And realistically, he is actually doing something with these women instead of running like a some sort of loser with a allergy to women. Which is quite refreshing.
I have to agree its one of the finer points that I like about UB thus far. I'm already hooked on it now, its one of my top 5 along with ID. Now I'm not really into Elf's or fairy's but I quickly got hooked on this because of the story.
Charlie4As is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 08:58   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I read volume 6. On the subject of pedophilia...
Spoiler for vol6:
Old 2008-07-18, 09:39   Link #28
RBomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I read volume 6. On the subject of pedophilia...
Spoiler for vol6:
Spoiler:
RBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 04:35   Link #29
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just finished marathoning this to the latest translated chapter, this is a pretty solid manga. Koinzell wanting to get revenge is enough to keep me reading it, though I think it would have been more interesting if
Spoiler for spoils:

As for the Berserk comparsions, they don't really feel alike, simply because all of the supernatural elements involved.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 18:57   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Just finished marathoning this to the latest translated chapter, this is a pretty solid manga. Koinzell wanting to get revenge is enough to keep me reading it, though I think it would have been more interesting if
Spoiler for spoils:

As for the Berserk comparsions, they don't really feel alike, simply because all of the supernatural elements involved.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-19, 19:36   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... Koinzell is the hero, Ato is the warrior, Altea the thief... So, Pipi is the healer and/or mage?
Old 2008-07-20, 03:31   Link #32
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Spoiler:
Well that's great to hear , Koinzell doesn't need useless fodder in his party. But vol 7? Man, I won't be seeing that for probably another year, if at all .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 04:14   Link #33
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Why is Koinzell being stuck with lolis, except for Altea(?). The villains are getting all the good chicks.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 04:36   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for vol 5, 6:

And then, there are the love 'em and leave 'em he meets along the way.
Old 2008-07-20, 06:53   Link #35
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
which chapters have the 'love 'em and leave 'em'? Because I skimmed through 5 and 6 and things were serious and he got no time to get laid, unless I somehow missed it.

Spoiler for v6+:
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 07:15   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Volume 0. There was the girl who picked him up, and fake Lance of Betrayal. He may get a few others down the road. Once can hope.
Old 2008-07-20, 13:17   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... Koinzell is the hero, Ato is the warrior, Altea the thief... So, Pipi is the healer and/or mage?
Altea isn't really a thief, she is a Rogue. She is ok in a fight but that is not her main forte. She is good at gathering info, organizing things, have a wide range of contacts. So far she has shown more leadership qualities then Koinzell.
Old 2008-07-21, 10:06   Link #38
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I have a question: is this manga Korean?
Based on how some people said, it seemed to be, but the author's name is SHIONO Etorouji so i expect it to be Japanese. Some untranslated maps have Japanese characters on them as well

About the manga: while it's fun to enjoy the storyline and there were some remarkable events, i still think it started to lose the impact since Vol 0, chapter 3
Old 2008-07-21, 13:29   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

not sure but i have never seen any korean raws so i doubt it.

what is available is the normal jap raw and chinese scans.
Old 2008-07-25, 07:17   Link #40
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Love this manga, it's like a bible story with a twist, sex and steel thrown in.
I love the pacing and always enjoy reading the story from the "villain" 's side.

It's nice how they're not making the "good guys" all soft as it goes on.
It may not be pretty, but it's more realistic they become more twisted and demented in time,
...rather then some sudden wind of kindness sweeping in...

Let's face it we do this all the time, it's new, it's exiting and in time it becomes boring and dull and we move on to the next new and exiting thing, which is usually even crazier then the last, only for it to become boring and dull once again. Axiaty, fear and discust, and sadly morals, all die eventually. I'm of the same opinion as Xellos, don't really want this to turn into a anime and get ruined.