AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-18, 13:48   Link #541
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
But in the end, if you want great music anime, look no further than Angel Beats!
I agree with the rest of your post, but I just have to vigorously disagree with this quoted part. The band in AB only got significant focus on the first few episodes, the latter episodes were more about the plot and Kanade. Also, I think the music for this band comes solely from the real-life GirlDeMo counterpart, and I think one band would find it difficult to match the versatility of professional musicians collaborating for a virtual band like HTT (yes, I liked the musical output for HTT more). Or did you also mean the BGM/OP/ED? Hmm, still iffy for me, the respective BGMs did what they had to do.

As for me, Macross is still the music anime. You'd see it in the quality and quantity of musical output, the thematic importance of music in its shows, and (meta) its influence and contribution to the industry. It also has mecha and love triangles, by the way.

Speaking of Macross, I'd hope K-ON would take inspiration from Flash Back 2012 OVA on how to provide closure for the series. Flash Back 2012, particularly the Tenshi no Enogu portion, basically provided a fitting epilogue to the first series/film (Superdimensional Fortress Macross/Do You Remember Love?) by showing how everyone, especially the main characters, moved on with their lives--all in a music video format...

Spoiler for flash back k-on:
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 17:02   Link #542
Fome

CaptGloval I really like that idea of an MV showing future versions of the K-on girls.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:17   Link #543
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I agree with the rest of your post, but I just have to vigorously disagree with this quoted part. The band in AB only got significant focus on the first few episodes, the latter episodes were more about the plot and Kanade. Also, I think the music for this band comes solely from the real-life GirlDeMo counterpart, and I think one band would find it difficult to match the versatility of professional musicians collaborating for a virtual band like HTT (yes, I liked the musical output for HTT more). Or did you also mean the BGM/OP/ED? Hmm, still iffy for me, the respective BGMs did what they had to do.

As for me, Macross is still the music anime. You'd see it in the quality and quantity of musical output, the thematic importance of music in its shows, and (meta) its influence and contribution to the industry. It also has mecha and love triangles, by the way.

Speaking of Macross, I'd hope K-ON would take inspiration from Flash Back 2012 OVA on how to provide closure for the series. Flash Back 2012, particularly the Tenshi no Enogu portion, basically provided a fitting epilogue to the first series/film (Superdimensional Fortress Macross/Do You Remember Love?) by showing how everyone, especially the main characters, moved on with their lives--all in a music video format...

Spoiler for flash back k-on:
Well, when I toil for nearly 1300 words to give value to K-On, the anime critics would call plotless, valueless, pointless, and a cancer to the anime industry, only to conclude in one line that Angel Beats is a better music anime, it'd be best you don't take that line too seriously

That said, the OST for Angel Beats is gorgeous compared to K-On's. Their GirlDeMo songs...not so much.

And I'm sure this has been said before, but I'd say its not really appropriate anymore to call K-On!! a music anime anymore. Music in K-On!! has been a vehicle that unifies the characters in an anime about ever-lasting friendship whenever there is doubt that the relationship would last. "They gave me another wonderful gift" "Death Devil forever!" "It's not very good! But I want to hear it over and over again! Encore!" Which is why while people say the performances in Angel Beats are better animated, the performances in K-On can touch the heart.

Geez, the way we talk, its starting to sound like K-On has literary merit or something.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:53   Link #544
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

For everybody who says K-ON is horrible because of it's lack of plot... Well... All I have to say that it is one of the best series i've seen to pull off seamless character development.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:55   Link #545
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
For everybody who says K-ON is horrible because of it's lack of plot... Well... All I have to say that it is one of the best series i've seen to pull off seamless character development.
horrible because of a lack of plot?
hell this is a slice of anime, what kind of plot did you expect.
white wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 21:15   Link #546
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Quote:
Your right it is one of the best series ive seen a good story line great characters and awesome music.
Old 2010-09-18, 22:36   Link #547
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white wing View Post
horrible because of a lack of plot?
hell this is a slice of anime, what kind of plot did you expect.
Usually a lot of people who dislike K-ON due to lack of plot dislikes the genre of slice of life in general :P And by lack of plot, I also mean how meaningless they might think it is (ahem, cute girls doing cute things).

K-ON did begin with a plot though. It was to revive the light music club and get good enough to play at Budokan.
Old 2010-09-18, 22:43   Link #548
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Usually a lot of people who dislike K-ON due to lack of plot dislikes the genre of slice of life in general :P And by lack of plot, I also mean how meaningless they might think it is (ahem, cute girls doing cute things).

K-ON did begin with a plot though. It was to revive the light music club and get good enough to play at Budokan.
season 2 is more "slice of life" than season 1 was imo

and they who dislike slice of life in general shouldn't have watched k-on in the first place
white wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 08:54   Link #549
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Well I did the opposite...I didn't watch K-ON before 'cus I thought it wasn't a Slice of Life. XD

How glad I am I to watch K-ON
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 10:11   Link #550
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I watched K-ON because I saw a Don't Say Lazy cosplay at a local anime convention and my friend started to freak out. I asked why, and she showed me the ending to K-ON that night. I thought it was gonna be some super awesome anime, watched it, and found it awesome in other aspects than I had expected xD
Old 2010-09-19, 10:39   Link #551
Fome

Quote:
Seamless is right. I've seen so many anime in which character development felt extremely forced. You could tell the very episodes in which the writers wanted to transform the character, and the change is often very jarring. But boy did I not notice how much Yui had changed until after rewatching season 1. The development is much more subtle and gradual--just like how real people change (usually).
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:07   Link #552
krko
The Movie is Coming

A K-On movie was announced at the end of the last episode.

No Image macro can describe how I feel right now
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:11   Link #553
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
A K-On movie was announced at the end of the last episode.

No Image macro can describe how I feel right now
You're kidding right? If it's as good as Haruhi's movie then...wow...
Old 2010-09-28, 12:13   Link #554
krko
The Movie is Coming

Not kidding, watched the stream.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:15   Link #555
keroro gunsou

It's true!! K-on movie coming!!
Old 2010-09-28, 12:16   Link #556
moshika

K-ON! Movie Announced - Forums - MyAnimeList.net
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:19   Link #557
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
They won't be evil and actually make an ORIGNAL movie production and not some "compilation," right?
Old 2010-09-28, 14:41   Link #558
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...film-green-lit

Apparently this was such a secret even Sanada Asami (a.k.a. Sawa-chan) didn't know about it until the announcement came at the end of ep. 26.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 14:48   Link #559
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...film-green-lit

Apparently this was such a secret even Sanada Asami (a.k.a. Sawa-chan) didn't know about it until the announcement came at the end of ep. 26.
Well, if it's set after the finale then maybe she's not in it?
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:21   Link #560
Fariken
Huggin Ricchan :3

K-on movie coming! Woaaa this is awesome

But...
Spoiler:

"Quién decide y quién le da significado a lo perfecto, si ser superficial para mí es sólo otro defecto del imperfecto ser humano, la máquina que destruirá a este mundo con sus propias manos..."
Fariken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen