AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 13:40   Link #3601
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
How long is the whole OVA project supposed to run?
2 hours and a half. 1 hour of ''new'' content.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:40   Link #3602
gordol
Banned

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/10642...768000552.html

AGE Memory of Eden first 24 minutes! no subbed ver available, sadly...

Points of interest:

-How Zeheart got in Eden
-Genoace II using Shaldoll Rogue Beam Tomahawk
-Obese bully ommited
-Daz and Zeheart tag team Asemu during his first sortie
-Lots of redrawn/new battle scenes
-More school BS

Looks cool so far
Old 2013-06-07, 20:23   Link #3603
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/10642...768000552.html

AGE Memory of Eden first 24 minutes! no subbed ver available, sadly...

Points of interest:

-How Zeheart got in Eden
-Genoace II using Shaldoll Rogue Beam Tomahawk
-Obese bully ommited
-Daz and Zeheart tag team Asemu during his first sortie
-Lots of redrawn/new battle scenes
-More school BS

Looks cool so far
Thanks!

Ill reserve my judgement though for the full thing

NVM, will edit as I watch

1. Nice 0080 throwback there, getting in aboard a shuttle amiss the confusion of a battle used as a diversion
2. +1 for that Genoace II pilot yanking out a tomahawk and charging
3. HA Zeheart's ID is with him wearing his Vegan coat XD
4. Never get tired of Flit with those shades
5. Whoa, Flit showed Asem the gundam straight up, and its not hidden in hay this time
6. Asem and Zeheart meet walking past each other like in the opening, WIN change
7. Did they up all the visuals overall? Everything seems more....crisp
8. Was there a little jump between Asem driving Romary to his house and getting into the gundam? There was not entrance/startup sequence, maybe my comp lagged?
9. Did they ever show that old guy in the Genoace in the show? Cant remember
10. The Dorados could cloak too? O-o
11. Eh somewhat new/integrated battle scene
12. Finally had the sense to move the AGE-1 to a hangar
13. LOL Zehearts reaction to all the girls checking him out
14. Romary persuades Zeheart to check out the MS club
15. Zeheart saves Romary from Asem losing control of his robot....from a knee malfunction? (still more dramatic than a wrench)
16. WE KNOW WHERE KIO GETS HIS FIST SLAMS FROM NOW
17. Romary MAKES Zeheart shake hands with Asem
18. All this in one episodes time

Current Verdict: So much improvement over the series so far

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-06-07 at 21:30.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 12:44   Link #3604
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Just watched the first 24 minutes and it seems good. Can't wait for the full OVA. BTW they really showed how talented Asem is at piloting here in the OVA judging on how good he pilots the gundam on his first sortie despite having no experience.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:10   Link #3605
gordol
Banned

Premium screening spoiler for AGE MOE:

Quote:
女多し子供も多少はいた
きほんゼハート視点
ソーディアの仁逗留キタ
結婚式のフリットwww
2フるあームド?と合体技で会場大盛りアガリBGMMO
ゼハート生きてるよ!
はうんど新装備
55秒ネタwwwwwwww
キオ篇はダイジェスト。ゼハートは息子タときづいてる
じじットVSアッシュあり
まじえいとの新キャラいた
ろまりーワープふただびw
何気にチンコ頭の嫁生きてた泣
もぶ隊にラーガンwwwwwwww
「帰れるばしょが~」「フラムの花だ~」とかちょいパロディ?あり?
でしるにぃのゴステロ化
いわーくさんの娘大活躍
最後に大人キオが息子と釣りして完
better translation:

Spoiler:

Last edited by gordol; 2013-06-30 at 10:57.
Old 2013-06-30, 11:18   Link #3606
overloard

Quote:
Premium screening spoiler for AGE MOE:
Zehart lives!
[/spoiler]

Looks like good news, maybe they did change ending after all. Though I'm not sure, can also mean he simply survives gen 2.
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 13:37   Link #3607
gordol
Banned

complete translation:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-30, 15:16   Link #3608
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

So they are really gonna retcon more then just Gen 2 and the final battle? Interesting...
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 15:26   Link #3609
Skye629

Quote:
complete translation:

Spoiler:
.......those bolded parts MAKES NO SENSE

LOL I like the retcons and the changes, cant wait to see this now, I have a feeling this is gonna be better than the whole series at this rate ^_^
Old 2013-06-30, 23:35   Link #3610
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ I agree. Maybe this OVA will finally manage to replace AGE series in my tainted memory. I want to forget the story of the series so bad. It's a waste of my brain capacity.
Old 2013-07-01, 00:09   Link #3611
Aquaman OS

It's amazing how firing a character as the main and not killing a few people can improve a story 10 fold.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 00:51   Link #3612
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Assuming that these statements are factual at face value, and it's not just "Remi is appearing in a flashback during the Kio segment" and the like...
Old 2013-07-01, 01:14   Link #3613
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

smh@Gundam still having to redo and retcon what fails in the series...

Somehow it can never make the previous taste dissipate, but we shall watch...
Old 2013-07-01, 01:28   Link #3614
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quit kidding yourself, wingdarkness. You know as well as I do that these days, every Gundam show as it airs is shit, but it becomes a masterpiece once the new one is out. Gundam 00 season 2 was a trainwreck when it was airing, according to everyone, but once AGE came out, Gundam 00 season 2 was a fucking masterpiece that could never be matched.
Old 2013-07-01, 01:54   Link #3615
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quit kidding yourself, wingdarkness. You know as well as I do that these days, every Gundam show as it airs is shit, but it becomes a masterpiece once the new one is out. Gundam 00 season 2 was a trainwreck when it was airing, according to everyone, but once AGE came out, Gundam 00 season 2 was a fucking masterpiece that could never be matched.
I'm actually one of those people who don’t realize all the hate for 00 until AGE come out. When 00 2nd Season was airing, I didn’t do much forum-ing. I was just watching it together with my college friends. We all had a great time with it with almost no complains aside from it being not as edgy as the previous season and become more shounen-ish (we're not blind to its shortcomings though, but we didn't mind it very much).

I’m also one of those people who didn’t have any prejudice toward the pre-airing AGE. I very much happily welcomed the series as it started airing, only to be disappointed by how shitty it turned out to be. The very same friends who enjoy watching 00 with me loathed AGE for all its crappy-ness.
Old 2013-07-01, 02:36   Link #3616
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm actually one of those people who don’t realize all the hate for 00 until AGE come out. When 00 2nd Season was airing, I didn’t do much forum-ing. I was just watching it together with my college friends. We all had a great time with it with almost no complains aside from it being not as edgy as the previous season and become more shounen-ish (we're not blind to its shortcomings though, but we didn't mind it very much).

I’m also one of those people who didn’t have any prejudice toward the pre-airing AGE. I very much happily welcomed the series as it started airing, only to be disappointed by how shitty it turned out to be. The very same friends who enjoy watching 00 with me loathed AGE for all its crappy-ness.
Same, the only thing I hated about 00 S2 wat quantizing....stupidest thing I have ever seen

AGE I was hopeful for due to the generation twist which had SO MUCH potential....but they screwed up.........

Hopefully this will fix it up alot/some
Old 2013-07-01, 02:49   Link #3617
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Consider yourself lucky because that's basically what 00 season 2 was. It was great, and well done, with some shortcomings. But everyone hated it while it was airing, as far as this forum was concerned. And it was also considered terrible compared to how great the first season was!

And that's the crux of the matter, because people here despised season 1 while it was airing. They hated the unorthodox designs for the Gundams. They hated how they were invincible. They hated Setsuna's "I am Gundam" spiel. So on and so forth. It was reviled... until season 2 came out. Suddenly it was the best thing ever and no way season 2 could live up to it.

And the exact same thing happened to season 2 when AGE came up. Season 2 was great; AGE couldn't possibly compare itself to it, so on and so forth.

And you can bet your ass that once the next full-blown Gundam series is out, people will forget all about Gundam AGE's shortcomings as they busily tear apart the new show.
Old 2013-07-01, 06:36   Link #3618
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And you can bet your ass that once the next full-blown Gundam series is out, people will forget all about Gundam AGE's shortcomings as they busily tear apart the new show.
I personally think it’s hard to come up with a Gundam series worse than AGE. Unless Sunrise/Bandai (and whoever they chose to helm the new series) abandon all their capacity to think reasonably, ignoring the fans outrage, the drop on AGE's sales, and Hino’s example of “never do something that bad again”.
Old 2013-07-01, 08:52   Link #3619
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Well, if Valvrave was a Gundam title, it surely fits the bill
Old 2013-07-01, 16:18   Link #3620
Skye629

Quote:
Consider yourself lucky because that's basically what 00 season 2 was. It was great, and well done, with some shortcomings. But everyone hated it while it was airing, as far as this forum was concerned. And it was also considered terrible compared to how great the first season was!

And that's the crux of the matter, because people here despised season 1 while it was airing. They hated the unorthodox designs for the Gundams. They hated how they were invincible. They hated Setsuna's "I am Gundam" spiel. So on and so forth. It was reviled... until season 2 came out. Suddenly it was the best thing ever and no way season 2 could live up to it.

And the exact same thing happened to season 2 when AGE came up. Season 2 was great; AGE couldn't possibly compare itself to it, so on and so forth.

Not too sure if that will happen though if the next series is Origin (hopefully it is.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Well, if Valvrave was a Gundam title, it surely fits the bill
Damn I love that show lol, the first season ending was jaw dropping for me lol, but this is not really the place to discuss that :P