AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-07, 13:17   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Source: Ohana
Credit: sheetz
Spoiler for chapter 480:
Old 2012-02-07, 13:27   Link #2
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

This isn't looking very promising for a start...oi
Old 2012-02-07, 13:29   Link #3
Aqua Knight

1st sentence is full of win
Old 2012-02-07, 14:10   Link #4
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Standard Kubo "meh" arc start
Old 2012-02-07, 14:38   Link #5
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
How can you tell it's "meh" without knowing anything?

This was posted in thread for the last chapter but I figured I answer it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Why did he sacrifice an arm and all of the battle time he had at his disposal for a kido instead of releasing his sword though?
Because he couldn't use his sword. WW was created to seal it. He prevented him from releasing new flames--but the flames that he'd already let loose were also absorbed by WW and he was about to go POP and Yama's flames he consumed were about to burn the sky down (if such a thing is even possible) so he had no choice but to use the kido as last ditch effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
So why could Soi Fon recover her arm, while Yamamoto couldn't? Couldn't he have asked Mayuri or even Orihime to recover his lost arm back then?
Because it wouldn't be a "sacrifice" if he got his arm back. He gave it up to save everyone. To heal it would make his sacrifice a token one--a bullshit one at that

I am stoked, can't wait to see what new and exciting things Kubo has in store for us...
Old 2012-02-07, 15:53   Link #6
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
what did you expect the author took 3 weeks off so he could come up with subpar content
Old 2012-02-07, 16:02   Link #7
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
rofl expected of kubo. Final arc it may be but it'll probably stretch out to like 2 years.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:39   Link #8
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
what did you expect the author took 3 weeks off so he could come up with subpar content
OMG YOU READ THE CHAPTER??! OH OH OH!! WHERE WHERE?!?!

At least you could wait till you have the chapter in front of you and then bash him You don't know if it's subpar or not. Ohana doesn't like Bleach so she doesn't give that many details--you can't judge a chapter by the spoiler--you know what. Never mind---you just reminded me why I don't bother to visit this forum anymore

*walks away in disgust*
Old 2012-02-07, 17:54   Link #9
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Geez LoP...stop being so defensive...

Last edited by Randrak42; 2012-02-07 at 18:06.
Old 2012-02-07, 21:42   Link #10
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

so tempting to look at spoilers!!!!!!!! *yells a where i get my manga translations from over twitter for being so slow*

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-02-08, 03:16   Link #11
Jarppa

Sometimes it seems that im about only one who is kinda sad that bleach is ending somewhere in next few years after this arc

Oh sure its slow and sometimes stupid but its bleach and you just read chapters weekly and you can say its habit and not that bad habit either.
Old 2012-02-08, 03:21   Link #12
Excelion

Hollows erased from existence...sounds like the Quincy if my memory serves me correctly. The intro page with the antagonists sure look like something a quincy might wear too. I dunno, so maybe its a quincy vs shinigami war arc. I don't speculate much, but that's my two cents. I thought the Quincy were supposed to be eradicated. Eliminating Hollows is supposed to be bad because it upsets the balance of souls in the living world and SS or some such.

I read someone else here posting about how each arc has sort of focused on one of Rukia, Chad, and Orihime. I suppose this is Ishida's arc. Maybe if the balance of souls is upset enough then the Royal Guard will intervene.
Old 2012-02-08, 03:23   Link #13
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
quincys are back....the blood war....seems like we will be getting a final arc of....quincy.
Old 2012-02-08, 03:24   Link #14
ShiroiRyu

Lol ...
Waited 3 weeks for that ? x_x
Old 2012-02-08, 03:26   Link #15
Langus
Optimus Prime

Have the chapter in front of me... absolutely nothing of consequence happens.

The title of the final arc is:
Spoiler for Title:

There are strong suggestions the Quincy are involved...*sigh*
Old 2012-02-08, 03:26   Link #16
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wait wait wait, what did they mean by final arc? First Negima and now this? ;_;

Old 2012-02-08, 03:29   Link #17
Slayerx

Chapter is out...
not really much to praise or complain about... which is an improvement from the entire last arc

spoilers left out that apparently hollows are running amok more than usual and someone mysterious has been wiping them out... Also the situation for the two noobs is quite dire before Ichigo shows up...

And who is "them" who are able to wipe out hollows? Its either the quincys or Kubo might be pulling the same BS he pulled with the fullbring by making up a new group on the spot. I'm leaning towards the quincys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Because it wouldn't be a "sacrifice" if he got his arm back. He gave it up to save everyone. To heal it would make his sacrifice a token one--a bullshit one at that
Its's BS no matter how you look at it.

Kubo wrote himself into a corner; he created healing abilities for his characters that are so powerful that he no longer has an explanation for why someone can't be healed or revived... With what Orihime was able to do for Grimjow's arm and Menoly, there's no reason why she should not be able to do the same for Yamaji. We also have soi fon who lost her whole arm but still managed to get it back. Only possible explanation would be he's too prideful to get it healed, which is rather foolish since that means he is alloying himself, the strongest shimigami in SS, to go on with a handicap for no practical reason.

The fact that that there should be nothing stopping him from getting his arm healed tarnishes his "sacrifice". Giving up an arm means very little when you have the means to fix it
Old 2012-02-08, 04:41   Link #18
Xion Valkyrie

I thought the chapter was okay for the start of a new arc. Although I thought it was stated earlier that the Quincies were down to the last 2?

Anyways, it also completely makes the previous arc feel like a filler arc.
Old 2012-02-08, 05:48   Link #19
ronin myael
lost ronin

wow! i was surprised by the amount of content in this chapter. LOL

let's hope this hollow disappearance business has really something to do with the quincy. it's time we know more about them. i just wish kubo would also tell us WHO THE HELL ISSHIN IS! the answer to that mystery is long overdue, way overdue if you ask me.
Old 2012-02-08, 05:49   Link #20
onepiece4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Chapter is out...
not really much to praise or complain about... which is an improvement from the entire last arc

spoilers left out that apparently hollows are running amok more than usual and someone mysterious has been wiping them out... Also the situation for the two noobs is quite dire before Ichigo shows up...

And who is "them" who are able to wipe out hollows? Its either the quincys or Kubo might be pulling the same BS he pulled with the fullbring by making up a new group on the spot. I'm leaning towards the quincys

Its's BS no matter how you look at it.

Kubo wrote himself into a corner; he created healing abilities for his characters that are so powerful that he no longer has an explanation for why someone can't be healed or revived... With what Orihime was able to do for Grimjow's arm and Menoly, there's no reason why she should not be able to do the same for Yamaji. We also have soi fon who lost her whole arm but still managed to get it back. Only possible explanation would be he's too prideful to get it healed, which is rather foolish since that means he is alloying himself, the strongest shimigami in SS, to go on with a handicap for no practical reason.

The fact that that there should be nothing stopping him from getting his arm healed tarnishes his "sacrifice". Giving up an arm means very little when you have the means to fix it
well he's more badass now if he had handicap just like shanks....
Closed Thread