AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-08-07, 18:12   Link #121
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoned87
I get jealious easily, and hold grudges alot more than you would expect most men to.
A lot of men get jealous easily and hold grudges. I almost expect it. Or else we wouldn't be having so many people filing a restraining orders on their ex-bfs/husbands ,

though women can be just as vicious.
Old 2008-08-07, 18:22   Link #122
Zoned87
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
A lot of men get jealous easily and hold grudges. I almost expect it. Or else we wouldn't be having so many people filing a restraining orders on their ex-bfs/husbands ,

though women can be just as vicious.
I wouldn't say I extract revenge by being agressive,(im not that type of person). I usually do it in a much more harmful and ever lasting ways which are usually not illegal. Like talking to someones boss to get them fired, digging up dirt on it and telling everyone they know, hacking their myspace or aim accounts.

I'm not stupid enough to attack somebody in person and get put in jail for it, only morons do that and it never works. You have to extract revenge like your playing a game of chess, not like an angry ape. Otherwise the woman will always win. Only street bums resort to violence, everything can be accomplished legally, it just takes longer. The lasting effects however are much greater than a black eye. Not that I use such tactics on a regular basis, someone has to cross me pretty hard for me to do these types of things.

But I no longer socialize, after highschool I became a hermit and devote myself to my college studys. Keeping a girlfriend takes alot of money and free time, I have neither.

Last edited by Zoned87; 2008-08-07 at 18:43.
Zoned87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 15:04   Link #123
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

i say reckless things when i get too comfortable w ppl

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 18:39   Link #124
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool

People I know get annoyed when I start talking about horror movies. Some people I guess are more sensitive seeing blood and gore. They say things like I'm a sadist or totally insensitive. For instance, I was talking in detail about the how fascinated I was from the images from the movie Saw. Some of my friends actually think I am messed up in the head. All I have to say is people have their own interests and I'm no exception.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 06:14   Link #125
Z3120

The words coming out of my mouth or the things I end up typing sound nothing more than "pretentious crap" I seemingly love to hear myself say.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:24   Link #126
Amray

I used to be indecisive..but now I'm not so sure..
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 12:47   Link #127
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I argue with people for the sake arguing.

A friend will make a valid point, one that I agree with, but I will take the opposite stance anyway. I take playing Devil's Advocate to an extreme. I know it drives people nuts, but I cannot help myself.

I probably get it from my Father; him and I argue constantly (in good spirits, not angrily).
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 14:38   Link #128
Jaden

I'm not that social, and sometimes being with people just tires me, and I let it show. I guess lack of respect is what people might hate me for.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 15:09   Link #129
DunRz

That i keep being bossy :/,i was actually telling them the right thing -_- and being too selfish for not recommending anything.
DunRz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 08:39   Link #130
xJODI

throwing stuff around ? i guess so.
xJODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 08:43   Link #131
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
at my worst, I basically become a hikikomori, except I have a job, except when I'm at that job, I let a robot control me while I go lock myself in a corner.

No, seriously, this is what I do, every day I work.
It works GREAT until someone asks me a question to describe things. then I lock up and I stammer my words and have to make someone else explain it to the customer (i work at starbucks >_<)

If I were in school, the only friends I would have are the ones that talked to me and wanted to be my friend. In fact, I have never made a friend on my own.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 09:35   Link #132
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
at my worst, I basically become a hikikomori, except I have a job, except when I'm at that job, I let a robot control me while I go lock myself in a corner.

No, seriously, this is what I do, every day I work.
It works GREAT until someone asks me a question to describe things. then I lock up and I stammer my words and have to make someone else explain it to the customer (i work at starbucks >_<)

If I were in school, the only friends I would have are the ones that talked to me and wanted to be my friend. In fact, I have never made a friend on my own.
You say that like it's a bad thing... or it is? Because then I'm a hikikomori, too, except that I don't work, I'm still in High School, but without friends. (I think it's the city what is evil... even if I'm tried, I only got enemies, while at other cities I made some friends... but still they're really far, and I only see them like twice a year.)

But I think being a half-hikikomori, like you, it's not a bad thing. There was always people like that, and the life is less stressful like that. (Of course, this is only my opinion, being a man who attracts enemies.)
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 03:47   Link #133
Nenkitsune

not really. if I didn't have a job I'd just lock myself in my room. It's pretty stressful to since I've got uhh...zero friends. To me it feels like it's not a good thing at all.

here's how I am.
Throw me into a store that I've never been in, and have me look for a small item in a random spot. Oh, and make it busy too.
I'll panic if I can't find it, but I won't ask ANYONE for help in fear of being ridiculed (even if it's not true, I still think they're making fun of me in their head)
and so, I just keep looking in vain for something that might not even exist, constantly thinking that everyone around me is teasing me with their eyes.

In short. I REALLY try to avoid talking to people, or being in area's where a lot of people will see me.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-11, 05:41   Link #134
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
not really. if I didn't have a job I'd just lock myself in my room. It's pretty stressful to since I've got uhh...zero friends. To me it feels like it's not a good thing at all.

here's how I am.
Throw me into a store that I've never been in, and have me look for a small item in a random spot. Oh, and make it busy too.
I'll panic if I can't find it, but I won't ask ANYONE for help in fear of being ridiculed (even if it's not true, I still think they're making fun of me in their head)
and so, I just keep looking in vain for something that might not even exist, constantly thinking that everyone around me is teasing me with their eyes.

In short. I REALLY try to avoid talking to people, or being in area's where a lot of people will see me.
It's called agorafobia. I have that, too. But, of course I have it because what happened to me in the past. (For instance, when I was at the animecon in spring, what was at an another city, I was nothing like that when I'm here, I was more open for communication, and I didn't have that fear like always.)

But, it's just me. However, do you thought about it why are you afraid of people? Does this have to do something in you past? Or you just think you're worthless? You're yourself. Maybe some people make fun of you in their head. But who cares? Do you know him/her? No! When you buy something in a store, do you think about the one who's serves you? It's not your business. There will always be people, who always think different from you, and you just don't have to think about it. You just have to raise your head, and smile, even if they will think your crazy.

Believe in the you, who's believes in you!

Man, it would be good, if someone would give me this speech when I feel like that.

And so, this speech encouraged me, too. Thanks, Myself!

On other note, one of the worst things in my pesonality: I hate greeting people. I just want to say "Yo!", but there's a lot greeting forms in hungarian, and I don't know where to use which if I don't want to be rude.

Another bad trait: For whatever reason (I think because it's fun) I tend to make myself look like an idiot, by talking about fake things about myself, like "I'm a schizophrane." Or "I'm actually from 2301, Aqua, and my mission is to make sure my ancestor don't ruin his life." And things like that. Of course I'm just joking, and I tell them this afterwards, but they still look at me, like I'm an idiot... maybe because I'm one! And I like it! I started doing this, about half a year ago. Everyone was hating me in the class, so I thought, "What the hell, it isn't going to be better than this!" And because I'm bored... I'm always bored. I hate being bored. I think even if I'm being hated because how I act, or they think I'm just an idiot, maybe I doing this because I need something, to make me not bored all the time. Maybe, I need friends.

After a thought: Man, I'm so f*cked up.

Last edited by Solais; 2008-08-11 at 07:14.
Old 2008-08-11, 08:23   Link #135
Nenkitsune

nah it's more than agoraphobia. I'm bad at describing it SO, I'll let wiki talk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality
It's that basically. I was reading that article, and basically, every word said in it describes me. Yeah, pretty dumb to self diagnose yourself, but in the case of describing my personality, it does the job 100%

if you go under symptoms, all of those describe me except substance abuse (since I really don't like the idea of what drugs could do to me if they had an effect. Alcohol does nothing but make my body feel weird. does nothing to make my mind get weird. same with nicotine, and with basically any drug, therefore, I have no reason for them. Hmm....and I'm afraid to take any drugs like, say, an anti-depressant, because if it DID have a positive impact on my brain, I might start abusing it.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-11, 08:40   Link #136
Amray

Quote:
nah it's more than agoraphobia. I'm bad at describing it SO, I'll let wiki talk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality
It's that basically. I was reading that article, and basically, every word said in it describes me. Yeah, pretty dumb to self diagnose yourself, but in the case of describing my personality, it does the job 100%

if you go under symptoms, all of those describe me except substance abuse (since I really don't like the idea of what drugs could do to me if they had an effect. Alcohol does nothing but make my body feel weird. does nothing to make my mind get weird. same with nicotine, and with basically any drug, therefore, I have no reason for them. Hmm....and I'm afraid to take any drugs like, say, an anti-depressant, because if it DID have a positive impact on my brain, I might start abusing it.
Someone once said that I abused substances..but not the kind that you're talking about. I personally blame lolicon.

Anyway, during my first days of school I met with new friends which were similar to that. They liked avoiding social events and such and kept in the library to revise. The fact that I made friends with them in the first place was because I make friends with practically everyone that I meet. I helped them through it believe it or not, just little and simple old me, and they still thank me up until this day because know they are popular among other school and college peers, have tonnes of friends, and are just...well, normal.. I quite literally dragged them out of their revise books so that they would come with me and make new friends, as that is what I like doing. They proved successful.

Haha, know that I look back I was a right little Haruhi in my early school days. A male one ofcourse.
Old 2008-08-11, 08:49   Link #137
Nenkitsune

see, when I was in college I had quite a few friends I hung out with, but I only hung out with them because 2 of my friends i knew since sophmore year. Of course, after I moved to AZ (to get away from my dad, whom I blame for most of my problems) I lost all those friends. Hell, they don't even talk to me anymore.
So the problem developed even further because of that. And now that I think about it. I really haven't changed since I was in like....8th grade? maybe 9th? so basically I guess I haven't developed much since then. I'm much much smarter, and much wiser, but that doesn't change the fact that at my core I haven't aged.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-11, 08:59   Link #138
Amray

You mean in the ways in which you act, or how you see things mentally? You are 20 years old (I assume), therefore you have all the time in the world to make up for the friends that you have lost. I am currently 18 and am yet to spend another two years in college. I will be 20/21 by the time I leave, and that is if I do not wish to carry on learning. I have spent 2 extra years in education now, soon to be four, and I have done extremely well in the social department. I also take walks everyday and it is suprising what kinds of new people you see and meet. Although I suppose that does depend on the area in which you live.

I have made male friends who are in their late twenties, and also female ones that are not even six years old. That was when I was working in a school for two weeks and those minors were probably the most entertaining individuals that I have ever met. I suppose that ones thoughts and personality can in fact affect ones social life, quite deeply. Although I am the silent type nowadays and make even more friends. Because they cannot exactly judge me like this and also do not tire of me as I am not much of a huge talker. Although if I do say something it is either funny, or really friendly. Therefore that is all people have to go from to make assumptions on my personality. "Kind and Funny"
Old 2008-08-11, 09:10   Link #139
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

I never turn the other cheek when my cultures (Chinese and Japanese from both sides of family) get insulted, and will go through fire and water to hunt down the bastards and bitches who dare to do so.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:15   Link #140
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I had friends 'till the end of elementary school, but soon as I went to high school (in Hungary, school: 8 years elementary, 4 high, but we call it middle school), my friends started to change, so I was the one, who didn't talk to them. So I started looking for new friends, but they hated me, because I wasn't like them. I didn't drink alcohol, to oblivion like them, I hate cigars, and stuff like that. They were like my friends have become. So I haven't had friends, my grades in school started to fall, and in my family I became the "dumb" from the "genius". It looks like, I can't do anything with alone. Now, I have some friends, but none of them living in the same city as them. As I don't have money to see them, so I'm pretty lonely now. But it's much much better than one year ago when I only had one friend, but a one I didn't trust in. (I was betrayed a few times, that's why.)
And this is where my usual story starts: I was depressed, wanted to kill myself, I watched Aria, I became optimistic, and I got new friends. I'm just a little depressed now because of the exam, to not repeat a year again, this goddamn heat, and of course that one of my friends are on holiday, and the other is very sick right now... I hope she's okay.

So, to cure Avoidant Personality, you need optimism, determination, and friends. And you can make friends easily. You just need to find one, with similar tastes. Go to an anime convention. There are plenty of people there, yes, but they're nerds like you, or me. My first step was that. I mean I was always like you, afraid to leave the house. And my first step was? Travelling to the capital city, ten times bigger than my city, with 5 times more people, and I travelled alone. Of course I was afraid as hell, but then I met people, who weren't rude to me, who was friendly, and who can understand my problems.

Or make friends online, that's more easier, and THEN go to the animecon with him/her.

Oh how I hope there is a cure like this to SED.