AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 19:40   Link #5241
Destined_Fate

Look. Athrun and Rau were both Char, just different parts of Char. Can we move on to another topic now?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 21:08   Link #5242
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Anyone ever wonder what the Destroy Gundam's power source was?

I'm inclined to think it was one of those deuterion reactors.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 22:46   Link #5243
Soaring Griffin

I always figured it was either a nuclear reactor or what ever the heck they have powering their warships.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 00:38   Link #5244
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Did the EA ever build a nuclear powered MS?
Old 2012-11-05, 01:54   Link #5245
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't see how a deuterion reactor could've powered a Destroy. Those things were simply too huge and had too much firepower, and hyper-deuterion reactors can still run out of energy.
Old 2012-11-05, 02:07   Link #5246
monster

Bigger mobile suits can hold bigger batteries.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 04:30   Link #5247
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't see how a deuterion reactor could've powered a Destroy. Those things were simply too huge and had too much firepower, and hyper-deuterion reactors can still run out of energy.
Yeah, but time limits on the power sources of MS is never explained. Sure it could run out of power, but after how long?

As far as I can tell from all 3 battles that featured the Destroy Gudam's they were only in battle for say...an hour or two? Maybe less?
Old 2012-11-05, 11:40   Link #5248
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yeah, but time limits on the power sources of MS is never explained. Sure it could run out of power, but after how long?

As far as I can tell from all 3 battles that featured the Destroy Gudam's they were only in battle for say...an hour or two? Maybe less?
Time limit hardly matters if you've got all cannons firing. Those things will burn through energy real quick on a battery.
Old 2012-11-05, 12:53   Link #5249
Aquaman OS

Destroy didn't have Phase Shift, which was THE power hog of the series. No non PS unit was ever shown to have power issues, including Akatsuki despite having lots of energy consuming beam weapons.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 13:01   Link #5250
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Destroy didn't have Phase Shift, which was THE power hog of the series. No non PS unit was ever shown to have power issues, including Akatsuki despite having lots of energy consuming beam weapons.
Most non-PS units weren't equipped with literally thirty nine weapons, either. And in the Akatsuki's case, it had its own backpack armaments which come with their own internal battery systems. In fact only few mobile suits with Phase-Shift had more than one or two ranged energy weapons, and the few that did used Trans-Phase Armor to cut on the drain Phase Shift causes. So it's not a perfect example.

Chances are the Destroys were equipped with some sort of nuclear power generator, or a full blown industrial powerplant--it was big enough for one, after all, and had plenty of room to spare. With that many energy weapons all firing at once (seriously, twenty beam cannons on the backpack rim?), there's no way it wouldn't be an energy hog. And let's face it, LOGOS-fielded weaponry ignored the Junius Seven treaty. They wouldn't have a problem slapping an N-Jammer Canceler on one.
Old 2012-11-05, 13:57   Link #5251
Kirayuki

I do think that Nuclear-powered reactor is rather unlikely for Destroy, because that moment when Destiny split one of Destroy unit into half during Heaven's Base battle only show Destroy blow up normally without any nuclear explosion.

It may have unknown powerplant/generator that are not introduced yet. And well, that's GSD for you. So many unexplained mechanics.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 14:04   Link #5252
Destined_Fate

Athrun once against shows that he's a real man who gets right to the point that he likes Cagalli. Kira should really take tips from him, he could learn a lot from the master. Maybe Kira would even get an unwanted harem as well.
Old 2012-11-05, 14:05   Link #5253
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The thing about unwanted harems is that they're just that, unwanted.
Old 2012-11-05, 14:09   Link #5254
monster

Having an "unwanted harem" usually means the object of the "harem" is too indecisive to either get right to the point of who he/she likes or to reject all of them.

That, or the person is just too naïve or clueless to notice that there are people vying for his/her attention.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 15:38   Link #5255
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I do think that Nuclear-powered reactor is rather unlikely for Destroy, because that moment when Destiny split one of Destroy unit into half during Heaven's Base battle only show Destroy blow up normally without any nuclear explosion.

It may have unknown powerplant/generator that are not introduced yet. And well, that's GSD for you. So many unexplained mechanics.
This is a common misunderstanding.. It is impossible for a nuclear reactor to explode like an atomic bomb.
Old 2012-11-05, 23:38   Link #5256
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

forgive me if i am wrong here, but didnt the Destroy use 4 mobile suit generators/batteries?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 00:55   Link #5257
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I think the Destroy Gundam had the Trans-Phaseshift Armor. Which is the one that only activates when the MS is hit. Thus saving enery. Several times during the Battle of Berlin, the Destroy took multiple missile impacts, but didn't use the Positron Deflectors to defend itself. So the Destroy series is using some type of armor defense besides the PD.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-11-06 at 01:28.
Old 2012-11-06, 01:11   Link #5258
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The thing about unwanted harems is that they're just that, unwanted.
The fanbase disagrees hence why wars were fought over who Athrun would take to bed at the end of the night.
Old 2012-11-06, 01:18   Link #5259
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The fanbase disagrees hence why wars were fought over who Athrun would take to bed at the end of the night.
Missing the point. No surprise there. The "Unwanted" aspect is on the part of the harem inheritor; people with unwanted harems don't want the harem and either only want one particular girl, or cannot decide which girl he'd like and ends up leading them all on, be it accidental or deliberate. That fans want him to have the harem means nothing; it's a plot device and nothing more.
Old 2012-11-06, 01:29   Link #5260
Destined_Fate

Once again something goes right over your head. Whether it's unwanted or not for Athrun is irrelevant because the fans loved it and in the end they're the only ones that matter since they pay the bills.

It's also why unwanted harems are still hugely popular in the harem genre. It's popular and sells.

Girls loving Athrun isn't just a plot device. If you believe that than any main character having a love interest only has one because she/he is a plot device which is vastly incorrect.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep