AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OAV 2 Rating
Perfect 10 27 22.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 23.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.83%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-01, 14:35   Link #121
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
Aside from the "omg how rushed will the last 2 episodes be" aspect i found this OAV very good. It represented Mai Otome perfectly (good fight scnenes, great humour, loveable charcters) and i hope the next OAV's are as enjoyable

8/10
Old 2007-03-01, 15:04   Link #122
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Haruka-Chan is still Haruka-Chan, which is always a reassuring and comforting thing.

But what CRACKED me up was:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-01, 16:30   Link #123
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Nagi is in no position to really exploit anything.

And if the situation is bad enough he might help them out of his own self interest... He doesn't want to rule a world of ashes, afterall.
Does he? In the last episode of Otome, when Nina had gone Harmonium and Mashiro was frantically running around trying to shut the Harmonium down, Nagi did tell Mashiro: "There's nothing that can be done now...let's just all die together," and seemed almost cheerful about it.

I always got the impression that Otome Nagi was out to cause as much chaos and turmoil as possible, and didn't much care about what happened to the world--or him--in the process.
Old 2007-03-02, 20:50   Link #124
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Well the way I saw Nagi was he was jealous of other nation who had very powerful Otome and had very advance technology. When He took over he promise himself to end the Otome control of the world so all nation who which to go to war wouldn't need an Otome to do so. He heavily tax his people so that both Nina and Nao would go to School and at same time build an army. All other country had multiple student at school but Nagi only had just two. Nagi nation was the weak of them all. This way he took help from Mr. Smith.
Old 2007-03-03, 00:02   Link #125
y063banana71
kris

Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
Well the way I saw Nagi was he was jealous of other nation who had very powerful Otome and had very advance technology. When He took over he promise himself to end the Otome control of the world so all nation who which to go to war wouldn't need an Otome to do so. He heavily tax his people so that both Nina and Nao would go to School and at same time build an army. All other country had multiple student at school but Nagi only had just two. Nagi nation was the weak of them all. This way he took help from Mr. Smith.
But you have to think... the two otome he had at the school were Nina (Number 1 coral) and Nao (Number 4 pearls, who only kept herself at number 4 so she wouldn't have to be part of the trias). He may only have two, but they are extremely powerful in their own right.
Old 2007-03-03, 04:59   Link #126
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Words cannot describe this second chapter.

It was out of this world. The animation flawless and impecable; the best of them was Sara's materialization right after she jumped from her scooter.

There was a lot Haruka in her glorious moments, and the hammer still dangles on the head.

I do have my reservations on how much the producers are going to do move faster the storyline with only two episodes left.

I do not think they are going to cover all the other unused characters that were missing influential roles during the run of My-Otome TV series.

But still My-Otome Zwei roars, and this episode is proof of evidence that the Mai franchise has just barely taken off.
Old 2007-03-04, 00:05   Link #127
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Man, I'm not sure why so many people are upset with the pacing of this episode. It had everything that makes the My-franchise so enjoyable: lots of fast-paced action, comedy and plot-twists. And the animation was really good as well. I really thought that was a kick-ass episode... arguably more enjoyable than anything in the TV series.

Yes, there's no questions that fears are founded that they're going to have trouble tying up all the loose ends in the next two OVA. But, as we've seen in the past, the My-series are at their best when they're at a fast pace anyway. They can't really do an expansive story in 4 OVA anyway. My expectations for this have always been a fun side-story and so far I'd say it's delivering on that.
Old 2007-03-04, 03:39   Link #128
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
MIYU being an android, we can asume that she is filled to the brink with nanomachines.
According to MyHime DVD's Special (no. 14, using Doremi subs), Miyu was based on a human cell. This makes Miyu a cybrog; leaning more towards the synthetic side.

Last edited by encia; 2007-03-04 at 05:43.
Old 2007-03-04, 15:14   Link #129
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
According to MyHime DVD's Special (no. 14, using Doremi subs), Miyu was based on a human cell. This makes Miyu a cybrog; leaning more towards the synthetic side.
Her ability to instantaneously shift her arm to a weapon argues more towards her having some nanomachines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y063banana71
But you have to think... the two otome he had at the school were Nina (Number 1 coral) and Nao (Number 4 pearls, who only kept herself at number 4 so she wouldn't have to be part of the trias). He may only have two, but they are extremely powerful in their own right.
Not only this, I'm pretty certain that Nagi directly states at some point during Otome that a huge chunk of his motivation is "to bring the horror of war to the common people", something that the Otome were created to avoid.

So not only does he want to wipe out the Otome so wars can be started where otherwise innocent people will be thrown away as cannon fodder and entire countries sent into turmoil instead of a handful of people, he's using the incredibly dangerous Harmonium to do it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nagi knew about the danger of overusing the Harmonium, and if Nina and Arika hadn't been in space when the Harmonium finally took Nina over completely, the collateral damage during their fight would have been unspeakable, not to mention what would have happened if Arika failed to defeat Nina.

Nagi wants chaos and suffering, pure and simple.

Last edited by Amaiko; 2007-03-04 at 18:15.
Old 2007-03-05, 00:22   Link #130
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

So can someone explain how the tree had nanomachines then? =S
Old 2007-03-05, 01:44   Link #131
Morganchan
Gero?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-d01 View Post
It's obviously some sort of genetically modified super-tree! Evidently Aries has the money to splurge on enhanced foliage to better demonstrate their belief in the peace and severity security of their citizens. Of course, that was their only prototype tree and it was petrified before it had the chance to prove itself.

Such a cruel, cruel world
Old 2007-03-05, 01:44   Link #132
y063banana71
kris

Quote:
Welllll, I GUESS you could say that this red laser doesnt ONLY petrify the nanomachines... Nagi doesnt say its the only thing it can harden - he just states that the nanomachines had hardened.

but the logical answer is more probably that it was a mistake.
Old 2007-03-05, 02:52   Link #133
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Probably, it turns non-living objects into stone, so it equally works with nanomachines, Miyu's electronic part and the tree.

Also I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, but chapter 4 of MOZwei manga is online. Only in Share yet though.

Last edited by Kleo Scanti; 2007-03-05 at 03:16.
Old 2007-03-05, 03:56   Link #134
y063banana71
kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Probably, it turns non-living objects into stone, so it equally works with nanomachines, Miyu's electronic part and the tree.

Also I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, but chapter 4 of MOZwei manga is online. Only in Share yet though.
Tree's are living things
Old 2007-03-05, 04:07   Link #135
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by y063banana71 View Post
Tree's are living things
Only the outer layers. The majority of a mature tree is dead wood.
Old 2007-03-05, 06:01   Link #136
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaiko View Post
Her ability to instantaneously shift her arm to a weapon argues more towards her having some nanomachines.
I wouldn’t disagree with this particular view, but

"andr" = "man" in greek
"oid" = "robot" as in droid

The android label on Myiu wouldn't fit since Miyu has some biological material i.e. based from a human cell. In addition to Miyu’s high speed circuits, nanomachines are probably used as enhancing construct.

Normal(nature) organic cells can be defined as machines at cellular-scale i.e. there are functional modules within a cell. There are organic single cell organisms that thrive from X-Ray radiation. This is where generic engineering and information science come into play.

Last edited by encia; 2007-03-05 at 06:15.
Old 2007-03-05, 10:24   Link #137
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Only the outer layers. The majority of a mature tree is dead wood.
That's not entirely true. The heartwood, the center or "core" of a tree, is "dead" wood for all intents and purposes as it is meant to give strength to the tree. Sapwood, the innermost layer is still living but will eventually die and become heartwood. The cambium is the truly growing or "living" part of a tree and produces new bark or new wood depending on what the tree's hormones signal for it to do. The phloem, or inner bark, lives for only a short time (though it DOES still live) until it eventually dies to become part of the cork or outer bark of the tree. And of course, the outer bark is dead. So your definition is not wholly accurate.
Old 2007-03-05, 13:57   Link #138
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
What I was curious as to near the end of the episode. Nagi seemed to be referring to the shadow as first a "he" then a "she", is this implying that someone is in control of the shadow? Just seems that he knows quite a bit about this for some reason, though don't think he is responsible for having it happen.
Old 2007-03-05, 15:23   Link #139
Pazu
F

Quote:
No, there were no nanomachines in the tree. But nanomachines are made of wood
Old 2007-03-05, 16:42   Link #140
Sansana
a green tea lover

Send a message via ICQ to Sansana Send a message via MSN to Sansana
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog View Post
What I was curious as to near the end of the episode. Nagi seemed to be referring to the shadow as first a "he" then a "she", is this implying that someone is in control of the shadow? Just seems that he knows quite a bit about this for some reason, though don't think he is responsible for having it happen.
Nagi knows many things for sure. But this one I think is far-fetched, because he didn't mention anything like this in original anime and I bet he would. The power to destroy all Garderobe and turn otomes into stone is quite significant, or at least it should be important to him during his evil activities. And now suddenly he appears to be knowing much more than he said to Natsuki and Arika >.>
Closed Thread