AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-27, 09:10   Link #1681
tsunade666

that's possible. He prove that he can control the wings of kakine which should be the production of his AIM. And if he can control the flow of AIM then he could deflect AIM. Specially that the teleporters ability transmits their AIM and has a specific speed of travel and time lag depending of its size. Its not your magic that pops out of no where. It really travel through the 11th dimension.
Old 2010-01-27, 15:25   Link #1682
Miraluka
Banned

Volume 13 chapter 7 part 10
Terror tactics
Old 2010-01-27, 20:04   Link #1683
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Spoiler for space:

wha?! 11th dimension!?...

ಠ_ಠ *sigh* I think i should stop giving too much of a f++k with this pseudo science...
Old 2010-01-27, 20:18   Link #1684
Miraluka
Banned

Nahh th 11th dimension is just the theory which helps the teleporters.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:26   Link #1685
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

I'm not very aware of how the author use the 11th dimension...

How does s/he use it? .x.
Old 2010-01-27, 21:06   Link #1686
Miraluka
Banned

Read the pages before this and search for the post of users like Chaos2Frozen, they had explained very well how it works.
Old 2010-01-27, 23:53   Link #1687
stillmissing

The cover for the new Kaori focused SS.

Old 2010-01-28, 06:20   Link #1688
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
The cover for the new Kaori focused SS.

I expect nothing but interesting stuffs. Ue he he he he

By the way is this out yet or not? If yes I do wish a kind soul will spoil me the contents

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-01-28, 06:37   Link #1689
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Umm, in case someone thinks that 11th dimension is just the author's made up explanation, it is not. 11th dimension is theoretically exist, although we can't see and feel it(like how time is usually used as 4th dimension on physics). It is used on string theory, which I'm not qualified to explain since I'm not too good on quantum physics XD. I guess the author decides to adapt it loosely in order to give explanation about teleporter's ability.
Old 2010-01-28, 08:50   Link #1690
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, long story short- Teleporters have to calculate the value of the the three dimensions (x,y,z) of the destinated teleport location of this plane, as well as the theoretical value of the 11th dimension. I'm assuming that all teleported objects would have to go through this 11th dimension before arriving at their location on this plane.
Old 2010-01-28, 10:15   Link #1691
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Grr... My simple mind would've prefered Trekkie teleportation, but that clearly involved movement of energy, which Accel could defend against.

Guess there's no surprising the guy unless you do things that need no vector.
Old 2010-01-28, 12:42   Link #1692
ellifeedn
Thinker

You'd think that the explanations behind how the magicians use magic would be difficult to comprehend, but in this series science finds a way to outdue the impossible.
Old 2010-01-28, 16:17   Link #1693
LastResolve

btw what would happen if touma joined the Level Upper? would he make everyone unable to use their abillity or would he strangly level up
Old 2010-01-28, 17:33   Link #1694
Welgaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, long story short- Teleporters have to calculate the value of the the three dimensions (x,y,z) of the destinated teleport location of this plane, as well as the theoretical value of the 11th dimension. I'm assuming that all teleported objects would have to go through this 11th dimension before arriving at their location on this plane.
^Not contradicting btw. I think of the 11th dimension as a time-independent dimension, where teleporters can move things freely inside it while time is frozen in that dimension. By having moved in position, they reappear in another place after getting out of it, making it seem to be instant (and is, if only the usual three space dimensions are counted).
Old 2010-01-28, 20:15   Link #1695
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
btw what would happen if touma joined the Level Upper? would he make everyone unable to use their abillity or would he strangly level up
Imagine Breaker isn't an AIM power, so it wouldn't be transfered to the system. Touma likewise, wouldn't gain any power because of his hand. The side effects of increased computation skills probably wouldn't work because the network uses AIm, and Touma doesn't have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
You'd think that the explanations behind how the magicians use magic would be difficult to comprehend, but in this series science finds a way to outdue the impossible.
Magic was explain in volume 9 to work something like this.

(Here's the short version)

Choose a magic source -> Choose a school of magic to use.

Stiyl went and give a example of rune magic.

1. Draw a circle.
2. Draw a symbol of power inside the circle. (He used a 5 side star)
3. Write the name of the being you wish to evoke around the circle's outer edge. This being has to be related to whatever power you want, eg. 'fire' or 'wind'(He used an angel for this)
4. Write another layer around the circle to describe how much power you need. (Too little, and the spell won't work, too much, and the spell would go out of control)
5. Write another layer around the circle to describe how you want to use that power, eg imbule a weapon with power.
6. From here on add whatever other conditions you need for the spell around the circle layers.

This is in fact how the books are written, and would explain their huge powers. The words can be in any language, just becareful, words have many different meaning and the caster has to be specific.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:38   Link #1696
babohtea

I don't like the way magic is made out to be in the series, to be honest. So far it has just been used for Dues Ex Machina devices.
Old 2010-01-28, 23:21   Link #1697
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

In most sci-fi, the 11th dimension (well, 5th to 11th) is usually used as the hyperspace/slipspace dimension(s). For example, Halo describes this space as
Quote:
a "tangle" of our plane's dimensions, rather like taking the classic "flat sheet" used to represent gravity and crumpling it up into a ball, thereby creating extra dimensions and shorter spaces between points. The slipstream also possesses different laws of physics than our "normal" universe, although some basic ones, such as energy transfer and momentum, remain the same.1
FTL travel through hyperspace/slipspace jumps is almost the same / are just as fast as short-range teleportation (well, less than 1 astronomical unit at most). This, along with the mention of the 11th dimension, leads me to believe that Toaru-verse teleportation uses hyperspace/slipspace mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I don't like the way magic is made out to be in the series, to be honest. So far it has just been used for Dues Ex Machina devices.
That's why it's called magic!
Old 2010-01-29, 00:26   Link #1698
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Personally, I like that it is finally something different from your traditional depiction of magic in fiction. That's one of the reasons I got into this show in the first place.

But what do you mean by Dues Ex Machina devices? Some examples? If it's about Ars Magna, I totally understand, but most of these stuff are literally tools of God
Old 2010-01-29, 11:44   Link #1699
tsunade666

but being deus ex machina stuff means power equates that of god or being like a god. And some of them are like it or rather similar to it in a way that it gives overwhelming power but the point is the magic in toaru verse had a definite formula with it. Its not your random magic out of no where. Theirs a source and their could be an explanation. Being they use medium for their magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
Can he even join the network? he would probably destroy it than joining it as the result of a direct contact with a connected person.
Old 2010-01-29, 15:16   Link #1700
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But what do you mean by Dues Ex Machina devices? Some examples? If it's about Ars Magna, I totally understand, but most of these stuff are literally tools of God
It thought it meant "Great Work". I mean, the Ars magna
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen