AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 17.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 27.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 17.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-29, 10:16   Link #161
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Actually, she couldn't, as he would be gone. Maybe she knew that.
Naah, I'm pretty sure she's just that stupid.
Old 2010-04-30, 02:00   Link #162
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
This is the first episode I actually found funny. In particular, Yui's "they're all idiots" comment really made it for me.

I'm really on the fence about Yui's character. She's the source of the jokes that I actually found funny but that attack on HInata makes me want to hate her. That felt like a total asspull just to keep Hinata from disappearing.

Then again, Yui might have intentionally interfered with Hinata's "ascension". Afterall, she had personally witnessed Iwasawa's disappearance, so when she saw that look on Hinata's face, she remembered Iwasawa. She didn't want to see Hinata disappear too, so she knew distrupt it somehow.... Sounds like a start of a YuiXHinata fanfic

Man I'm reading too much into this aren't i?
I know exactly what you mean. The most crucial time in the game. She just lunges at Hinata and takes him out while the ball in still in play. It's what made the scene stupid and silly to me (unprofessional). Thats why I emphases on the anime directors/writers should of made it a collision. When two people going for a high ball run into each other and the ball goes to ground. It's a common lack of communication error especially in a disorganised team. It would of ended on a fate feel, rather than a silly feel. I wouldn't care if Hinata started using wrestling moves on Yiu for making them loose the game. Because the fault was communication, not stupidness from Yiu. That really ruined the ending for me, dissappeared or not.

I hope you know what I mean :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoto Misaka View Post
Spoiler for Yui and Yuri:
Nice find. I missed this it seems. They look close enough to bring a little specuation. Is Yiu, Yurippes sister ? Well you would think Yurippe would instantly know if it was the case..... Never the less its still a good find.

oh btw, wish people would read what I write, rather than just negative rep me on a reason thats already stated/addressed in my posts

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-04-30, 02:16   Link #163
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Nice find. I missed this it seems. They look close enough to bring a little specuation. Is Yiu, Yurippes sister ? Well you would think Yurippe would instantly know if it was the case..... Never the less its still a good find.
Well if Yui is indeed Yuri's sister, and we assuming they don't age after they die this would mean be in order for this to be possible it then Yui must have died around same time, or after Yuri since they appear similar in age. Which if true set-ups poor Yui to have a likely far worse life, and death than any of the characters, just think about it since to live to that age the robbers must not have killed her but instead... .

Yea due to that I am kinda of hoping she isn't Yuri sister, unless she is and somehow managed to avoid that kinda of awful past. Though she certainly looks like Yui's sister.
MAL
Old 2010-04-30, 02:18   Link #164
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Nah, Yuri was the FIRST to rebel.

We can safely assume that her other siblings have already passed on, considering there are no others that resembly any other siblings.

As such, I would rule out the fact that Yui is Yuri's sister.
Old 2010-04-30, 02:35   Link #165
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I know exactly what you mean. The most crucial time in the game. She just lunges at Hinata and takes him out while the ball in still in play. It's what made the scene stupid and silly to me (unprofessional). Thats why I emphases on the anime directors/writers should of made it a collision. When two people going for a high ball run into each other and the ball goes to ground. It's a common lack of communication error especially in a disorganised team. It would of ended on a fate feel, rather than a silly feel. I wouldn't care if Hinata started using wrestling moves on Yiu for making them loose the game. Because the fault was communication, not stupidness from Yiu. That really ruined the ending for me, dissappeared or not.

I hope you know what I mean :s
Yeah, I agree that Yui colliding with Hinata would've made far more believable and less jarring. If that happened, Yui would've come off as clumsy rather than "The opponent has two outs at the bottom of the ninth with runners on second and third. You're up by one. The batter hits a fly ball and what do you do? You tackle the person best positioned to catch it duh . " I don't care how much you hate that catcher you only do if you have absolutely no desire to win.
Old 2010-04-30, 04:13   Link #166
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I don't care how much you hate that catcher you only do if you have absolutely no desire to win.
She probably didn't really. She only went along because she wanted to be part of the SSS. And even if she did all desire she had to win was lost in front of a far more important matter that only developed in priority as the episode went along: Revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-30 at 08:18.
Old 2010-04-30, 08:02   Link #167
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Yeah, I agree that Yui colliding with Hinata would've made far more believable and less jarring. If that happened, Yui would've come off as clumsy rather than "The opponent has two outs at the bottom of the ninth with runners on second and third. You're up by one. The batter hits a fly ball and what do you do? You tackle the person best positioned to catch it duh . " I don't care how much you hate that catcher you only do if you have absolutely no desire to win.
That shows how simple-minded she is. Her thought process is probably like this:
1. I got put in submission hold
2. (1) again
3. (1) again

Until the final part,
Yui: He's open, my turn

As you can see, it's so simple that there's no space for 'We catch the ball, we win'.
Old 2010-04-30, 14:03   Link #168
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Or perhaps, Yui is aware that he might disappear. Probably not though. It does seem awfully deliberate or she could be that stupid.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-01, 05:56   Link #169
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Since no one (or most of us) do not expect Yui will be the one to save Hinata. So I expect that action would normally out of her character.
I found the comedy quite hilarious. In fact, i will say episode 1 and this are probably the better two among the first four.

Yurippe is still my favourite female character. But i have to admit that she now resemble Haruhi in some way. Oh well, she didn't have that much moment yet anyway. Like the rest of the cast (include Yui) also, except that "Chris" hacker and the ordinary guy Oyama. I actually also like Noda (and his idiocy + arrogance) than Otonashi atm. Hope he will get Yurippe attention one day.
Old 2011-03-01, 23:14   Link #170
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I prefer the Tenshi's piano version. Yui pretty much looks like an hyperactive fangirl, just got myselft on laughs after seeing her death scene.

"Death metal"
Old 2011-04-06, 14:08   Link #171
Dragoonkiller

Best epi of serie... fighting scenes made me LOL kkkkk
Old 2011-06-25, 08:42   Link #172
lightsenshi
Author

I've only seen the first three or four episodes but it's apparent to me that how things seem are not the way that they actually are.

Tags
baseball