AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 03:05   Link #6481
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Ravens won, just what I wanted now a persons team can win next season, to continue the pattern
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 03:34   Link #6482
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Predictions on when Samari will surface and then wingdarkness appears right behind him?
Oh I'm here.

DarkWingDuck ain't got nothing. Unless he wants to pull out his rusted 2009 trophy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 07:30   Link #6483
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

My boy crabtree got screwed he was held on a beautiful pass right on the money by Colin. Not saying flacco would have not scored he coul of dropped it or other crazy crap but to miss a easy call like that in the SB is sad.

Anyway great game by both Th 49ers coming back was no suprise this time though time ran out on them this team can only go up from here I love the evolution of spread read option QB's in the NFl makes me excited for Chip next year.

Last edited by Drob_QB7; 2013-02-04 at 07:32. Reason: Bleh
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 10:49   Link #6484
james0246

What an awful game. I hate when games are so lopsided, and this game managed to let both teams get entire halves where they got to dominate (seemingly unnecessarily at times). Bleh.

And what's worse, the majority of the commercials sucked. It's a sad day when a Two Broke Girls promo was better than 3/4s of the ads.

Still, congrats Baltimore. You stole victory from the seeming jaws of defeat and managed to beat a team the pundits thought would win handily. I didn't enjoy the game, but the end results are quite nice.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 12:35   Link #6485
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Oh I'm here.

DarkWingDuck ain't got nothing. Unless he wants to pull out his rusted 2009 trophy.
Well you do know that championships are all that matters right

oh wait...

on an actual serious note, gotta love this guy.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2013-02-04 at 21:27.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 12:38   Link #6486
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
My boy crabtree got screwed he was held on a beautiful pass right on the money by Colin. Not saying flacco would have not scored he coul of dropped it or other crazy crap but to miss a easy call like that in the SB is sad.

Anyway great game by both Th 49ers coming back was no suprise this time though time ran out on them this team can only go up from here I love the evolution of spread read option QB's in the NFl makes me excited for Chip next year.
9 times out of 10, a flag probably wouldn't have been thrown at that point by any ref. The final play of the game is a difficult point in the SB for a ref to throw a flag. Even Crabtree understood that and refuses to blame the refs. It didn't help that Crabtree was just as much responsible for the supposed interference as Smith was. He took himself out of range of catching the ball by instead choosing to engage the defender (which Crabtree was the one to initiate, not Smith). He also got his fair share of holding in on it.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-02-04 at 12:55.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 18:52   Link #6487
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well you do know that championships are all that matters right

oh wait...
And we have five of them (I guess that means our franchise is still better by your logic). What's your point? What does this have to do with the New Orleans Saints and their 2009 trophy?

If you're gonna troll, at least do a better job in the relevancy department.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-02-04, 21:13   Link #6488
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Predictions on when Samari will surface and then wingdarkness appears right behind him?
You shoulda went Vegas on that bet homie^^...

As for the game:
Spoiler for As for the game::

That was great, went just like I wanted...I predicted Ravens 27-24, but for the 49ners to come back and lose in heart destroying fashion after having hope and momentum, that was the best ...Obviously someone is gonna get fired for the blackout...I'd personally triangulate all the blame on Beyonce and her Cybertron-esque set-design, but all in all the blackout proved to make the game the absolute spectacle it was meant to be...
Old 2013-02-04, 21:25   Link #6489
sky black swordman

If not for the blackout that killed the Ravens momentum, from the way the game was going the Baltimore Ravens were in a position to possibly blow out the 49ers.
Old 2013-02-04, 21:25   Link #6490
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
And we have five of them (I guess that means our franchise is still better by your logic). What's your point? What does this have to do with the New Orleans Saints and their 2009 trophy?

If you're gonna troll, at least do a better job in the relevancy department.
Dude you really didn't catch the sarcasm in that? I gave the wink icon and the whole "oh wait..." (second guessing myself) to even hint at the fact that the 49ers had more thus making my previous statement irrelevant.

Wasn't trying to insult your team, was just making a playful jab since you hate Wingdarkness and I was trying to act in his place by giving a stupid reason why the Saints are better than the 49ers. Sorry about not making it more clear (my fault there), but come on I know I don't frequent this thread much anymore but I used to be quite the regular poster before so I would hope you know I'm not a troll.

Its all good though.
Old 2013-02-04, 21:40   Link #6491
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

He doesn't hate me he hates this:
Spoiler for #rustytrophy:

Enjoying championships in your adult mind, it's great, and denying the niners in the dome after we shut the lights out so they didn't get smoooooked, even better...
Old 2013-02-04, 21:44   Link #6492
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
and denying the niners in the dome after we shut the lights out so they didn't get smoooooked, even better...
I smell a conspiracy. A very odd but effective conspiracy.
Old 2013-02-04, 22:08   Link #6493
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^As an answer to that declaration my next post was to be a photoshopped picture of some sort of blackbird doing some sort of electrical tomfoolery to a circuit box or breaker, but I'm somewhat lazy right now, so I give you the thought process instead....
Old 2013-02-04, 22:12   Link #6494
Kyuu
=^^=

You people and your puny championships.

Spoiler:

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 22:13   Link #6495
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^That Superbowl was also in New Orleans believe it or not
Old 2013-02-04, 23:18   Link #6496
cyberdemon

Quote:
I smell a conspiracy. A very odd but effective conspiracy.
happened in San Francisco during a game in 2011 as well. Seems that time it was a blown transformer.
Old 2013-02-04, 23:43   Link #6497
Yye1
Wide Right

though on another note, Beyonce's half time show was awesome

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 04:18   Link #6498
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
He doesn't hate me he hates this:
Spoiler for #rustytrophy:

Enjoying championships in your adult mind, it's great, and denying the niners in the dome after we shut the lights out so they didn't get smoooooked, even better...
Yup I hate that the Saints finally got off their ass and accomplished something in nearly 40 seasons of suckage. About time. And yes I hate your rusted 2009 trophy. You should jump to 2013. We got the iPhone 5 now.

Hahaha and where were you during the course of the season? Where were you when the 49ers smoked the Saints in New Orleans?

Now the dude comes back and the best he can do is pull out the "2009 Super Bowl/I was able to enjoy this Super Bowl in my adult mind card."

Because apparently it's somehow more magical than enjoying the experience as a kid.

Pathetic. Doesn't matter, DarkWingDuck is a coward and it showed this season. His integrity card has been revoked forever after he pulled his vanishing act. San Francisco still owns the Saints and pounds them hard without lube. New Orleans has been a joke of a franchise for the majority of it's existence and the league also raped them this year in BountyGate.

If my age wasn't below my avatar DarkWingDuck would literally have no ammo. And his "attacking" argument for pimping his fandom of the AINTS holds no water regardless. Since he's such a sophisticated adult I'm sure he was around to witness the decapitation all those years when the Saints were getting killed by the 49ers every year. I'm glad Jerry Rice showed him the hand that one time haha.

Oh and best play of the season:

Spoiler for ....:

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2013-02-05 at 04:44.
Old 2013-02-05, 04:21   Link #6499
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Dude you really didn't catch the sarcasm in that? I gave the wink icon and the whole "oh wait..." (second guessing myself) to even hint at the fact that the 49ers had more thus making my previous statement irrelevant.

Wasn't trying to insult your team, was just making a playful jab since you hate Wingdarkness and I was trying to act in his place by giving a stupid reason why the Saints are better than the 49ers. Sorry about not making it more clear (my fault there), but come on I know I don't frequent this thread much anymore but I used to be quite the regular poster before so I would hope you know I'm not a troll.

Its all good though.
Oh...hmmm, well alright then.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-02-05, 05:55   Link #6500
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
though on another note, Beyonce's half time show was awesome
I used half-time to cook my own dinner. So, I missed it.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports