AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-01, 05:01   Link #81
ZODDGUTS

Woah they really are going fast forwarding with the story.

Hell asou may show up in ep 5.

Can't comment about ep 2 since I don't have DSL right now to DL it but when to DL I'll comment on it. Looking at the screencaps looks like the animation is still top notch.
Old 2006-04-04, 09:48   Link #82
sukinewb06

hmmm

hmmmmmmmmmm

no updates yet?

i wonder what happend....
Old 2006-04-05, 21:57   Link #83
sukinewb06

at last

weeeeeeeeeeeee...

at last...

the subbed version of i"s pure 3 is here...

thanx very much c1anime staff..
Old 2006-04-06, 15:02   Link #84
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Could someone post a spoiler about what happens in the manga?
Old 2006-04-07, 03:27   Link #85
DrewGSR

My god the indecisiveness of Ichitaka makes me wanna smack him and use him like a punching bag lol. I swear this OVA series is like resufacing my memories of that atrocity Ichigo 100% since the main characters can basically by twin brothers they already looks pretty damn similar and can't make up their minds.

I didn't look at the spiolers but it better not ending with BS ending where he just ends up alone and chooses no one like friken Ichigo 100%
Old 2006-04-07, 10:22   Link #86
cipotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
My god the indecisiveness of Ichitaka makes me wanna smack him and use him like a punching bag lol. I swear this OVA series is like resufacing my memories of that atrocity Ichigo 100% since the main characters can basically by twin brothers they already looks pretty damn similar and can't make up their minds.

I didn't look at the spiolers but it better not ending with BS ending where he just ends up alone and chooses no one like friken Ichigo 100%
well if you compare the manga, I"S >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ichigo 100%..I don't know how this OVA will turn out, but I'm pretty sure it won't cover the whole manga..I hope the OVA will end at the point which I think it should be *when Seto actually made the decision to ******** with ********** *

if you are interested with the OVA, you might wanna check out the manga..
Old 2006-04-07, 11:34   Link #87
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, I don't know about that. I''s > Ichigo 100%, okay, but people who couldn't stand the one probably won't be able to stand the other either. I''s appeal would seem to be mostly to people who didn't like the way Ichigo ended (or I guess really the way it dragged on and then ended).

Interestingly, I just found out both are Shonen Jump titles. Not really what I associate with Shonen Jump (though I'm sure I'm unfairly prejudiced as the American version of Shonen Jump is basically One Piece, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc).

Spoiler for minor spoilers:

I would definitely recommend checking out the manga if you enjoy the OVA though, there's a lot of stuff that's missing, and a lot of twists along the way. Viz is currently releasing the manga as part of it's Shonen Jump Advanced line.
Old 2006-04-07, 20:57   Link #88
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

What happened to the I'S Pure Bonus this time?
Old 2006-05-05, 14:51   Link #89
howzitboy

did 4 come out yet(subbed) ? hope i didnt miss it cuz it seemed ages since 3 came out.
this still one of my fav short animes . ichitaka is such an idiot and Iori-chan is da bomb
Old 2006-05-05, 15:54   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzitboy
did 4 come out yet(subbed) ? hope i didnt miss it cuz it seemed ages since 3 came out.
Not yet, but all in good time, I'm sure. Keep in mind that it's an OVA, and the episodes themselves are only released 1/month or more; it's not like a show that airs on TV weekly. The 5th episode will be available on DVD in Japan on May 26th, and the final episode will be available on June 23rd. So, anyway, all in due time... You haven't missed it, though.
Old 2006-05-11, 02:42   Link #91
DrewGSR

Ep 4 subbed is out and FINALLY and about damn time Seto told Lori that he likes her but what do yuo know it had to be in a somewhat drunken state...

Seriously towards the end and that like 10 secs of silence was like WTF and OMG, they better not just end this ep with pure akward silence lol.
Old 2006-05-11, 03:57   Link #92
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

... its Iori ... not Lori
Old 2006-05-11, 06:24   Link #93
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Drew, use a spoiler tag man.
Old 2006-05-11, 09:15   Link #94
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Well, I don't know about that. I''s > Ichigo 100%, okay, but people who couldn't stand the one probably won't be able to stand the other either. I''s appeal would seem to be mostly to people who didn't like the way Ichigo ended (or I guess really the way it dragged on and then ended).
If compared animation wise, I''s is definitely superior between the two. The tv series for Ichigo 100 was anything but good in virtually from every aspect of an animated series. The OVA's for Ichigo didn't improve either other than faring a little better in the animation than the tv series. I''s pure OVA has fantastic animation, engaging story (more or less), and a less pathetic hero for better or worse who wasn't voiced by an annyoing voice.
Old 2006-05-11, 13:57   Link #95
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

YAY I'S pure ended the way I wanted it to end.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-11, 17:01   Link #96
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
YAY I'S pure ended the way I wanted it to end.
Well, before someone asks, there are still two episodes to go.
Old 2006-05-11, 17:05   Link #97
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
If compared animation wise, I''s is definitely superior between the two. The tv series for Ichigo 100 was anything but good in virtually from every aspect of an animated series. The OVA's for Ichigo didn't improve either other than faring a little better in the animation than the tv series. I''s pure OVA has fantastic animation, engaging story (more or less), and a less pathetic hero for better or worse who wasn't voiced by an annyoing voice.
Well, I wasn't really talking about the anime, if you look at the original statement you'll see that he was referencing the manga (so that was what I was responding to). I'm not precisely sure how the animation in the I''s manga is supposed to be superior to the Ichigo one.
I don't personally really prefer the Ichigo manga to the I''s manga, but I don't prefer it the other way either. In terms of quality, I'd say they're about equal. Some people like Ichigo more, some people like I''s more, I enjoy them about the same (okay, probably a hair more on the I''s side because I thought they did a better job of presenting credible threats to the Iori relationship which meant that later volumes had less of a same old, same old feel to them.)
Choosing between the hero of I''s and the hero in Ichigo is like choosing between stepping in dog poop or cow poop. Yeah, you probably have a preference, but why not just avoid them both?
As far as the anime goes, obviously the animation for I''s SHOULD be (and is) better than Ichigo, as it's an OVA instead of a TV show (I've never really seen an OVA for a TV show that had vastly superior animation to the TV show, but I'm sure there's probably one out there. Ichigo wasn't it. ). I think the animation for the I''s anime is very good. Actually, I prefer the I''s anime to the Ichigo one as well (by quite a margin), but, again, that wasn't what the original person was talking about. I think the I''s anime turned out so much better simply because they cut out so much of the storyline from the manga, whereas Ichigo tried to shoehorn too much in (and thus carried over the truly repetitive nature of the story). Because I''s is so short, they're able to cut out a lot of elements and stick to only the choicest parts of the story (which is, imo, a brilliant idea. Someone should hire the director for their next big project).
Old 2006-05-11, 17:43   Link #98
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I try to avoid the "me, too" syndrome but rooboy666 hits it on the head .... why kind of poop do you *want* to step in? I'm at the point where this particular type of "choose the girl" anime story with the type of personality they use for a guy lead is so annoying it swamps out any desire to even watch the cute girls. The animation in Ichigo went downhill so fast even for a tv production, it distracted from the fact the story was so intended to go nowhere.

In I"s, we have lovely animation and frankly, the story is a bit more tolerable in that he seems focused on a particular girl but darn those distracting other ones. I'm having some trouble believing that the police aren't involved in the "upperclassmen" antics at this point though.

But I'm going to have to admit a preference for something more along the lines of Lamune, Kare Kano, or triangles like Suzuka, Canvas 2, .... even Pastel (where I can kind of follow the guy's logic even when he's being mindnumbingly stupid).
Even those shows I listed have some glitches but comparatively...

I'm just finding the "choose a path and follow it to the end" erogame conversion or a manga that keeps its focus preferable -- growth, change, milestones, etc.
I'll keep an eye on I"s for a bit longer though.
Old 2006-05-11, 18:47   Link #99
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I try to avoid the "me, too" syndrome but rooboy666 hits it on the head .... why kind of poop do you *want* to step in? I'm at the point where this particular type of "choose the girl" anime story with the type of personality they use for a guy lead is so annoying it swamps out any desire to even watch the cute girls.
Well, I should also distinguish that that's not really what I'm saying either. I enjoy Ichigo and I''s, but I have a hard time finding one of the heroes "better" than the other. It's difficult to make those kind of comparisons without having experienced something like it myself. As a long legion of ex-girlfriends (and fiancees) will attest, I've never had much of a problem communicating _my_ interest in the opposite sex. I do know people (more girls than boys, but then I know more girls in total than boys) who are painfully shy, and I don't find the heroes and/or heroines from these types of stories to be outside of experiences those people have had.
I just have a problem with people picking out one variety of the loser hero and stating that he's vastly preferable to another. No, generally he's marginally preferable.
The worst trope (or cliche, or whatever term you want to use) for me in series like these is the notion that all these middle and high school aged people are madly infatuated with one person for two or three or four years. However, since it's long established as a trope of all romantic drama, I just sort of have to get over it.

Again, I like I''s a lot, I just have a hard time finding it vastly preferable to other series. The anime OVA though, I find very good.
Old 2006-05-11, 23:40   Link #100
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Well, before someone asks, there are still two episodes to go.
Really, I thought there were only 4. I would of been happier if it were to end.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance