AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 11:02   Link #8461
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Hold it. i am not going full retard to die the first 3 mins in a game at t10. It classed as a medium and should be played as one. Why should i scout when their are other real scout tanks. Sry but i am not stupid enough to have a death wish whether its a losing or winning round. besides i am collecting free xp right now. i have no time to focus on a particular tank. i plan on getting the E100 after i get the IS 4.
I think you mistaken it for suicide scouts that usually happen with noobs in tier 1-6. You won't always have a light scout on your team or flank. Since you don't understand i am going to drop the subject.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 11:29   Link #8462
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I think you mistaken it for suicide scouts that usually happen with noobs in tier 1-6. You won't always have a light scout on your team or flank. Since you don't understand i am going to drop the subject.
Not quite because i have seen it happen now and then when someone goes full retard. But i want this subject to drop. I feel like teru is starting to mock me like louise does in clan chat which makes me want say shut up whenever they interject my posts.
Old 2013-07-23, 11:46   Link #8463
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...so am I the only person who's getting the impression that Myssa, Pen and others know what they're talking about, but Touma is a Know Nothing Know It All?

I mean, sometimes, you've got on option but to scout. That's how I play my T-34; if I'm the lowest tank for a bunch of heavies, I'll try move from cover to cover to scout.

Also, surprisingly, one week on, I'm actually liking the Covenanter, despite hating it at the beginning... the stock gun is surprisingly useful, and it's great at scouting and skirmishing. It really does teach you how to play the Crusader.

I'm at the point where I have enough free Exp that I could transfer to the Crusader (Thank you, Cruiser II and T-34, you have been my Exp grinding machines), but I think I'll hang on to my Covenanter for another week or two. Or maybe keep it permanently... meh, it's not like I was using that T1E6 anyway.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 11:55   Link #8464
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I thought ppl know would when to stop talking a subject that is suppose to end. Move on.
Old 2013-07-23, 11:56   Link #8465
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

KT, sometimes, in the absence of a real scout, the fastest medium tank with a good view range just has to do it. I don't usually use the T-62A as a scout, but on flat terrain, it works well due to its nimbleness.

Hell, I have no idea how many times I used the T-25 as a scout.

The slowest tank I've used as a scout was the E-75... yeah... it worked as a mobile artillery spotter. Could take hits, which is a major plus.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:18   Link #8466
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

What Tak said.

Mind you, there's also the fact that I see the T-34 as basically a bigger scout, given that you grind it through a scout line, and it's fast enough to run down scouts, while not being heavily armored enough to engage in slugfests.

Sides, I'd just point out that the T-62 is a main battle tank. MBTs are supposed to be able to do the scout and slugfest roles (although militaries today prefer to employ dedicated recon assets that are generally lightly armed and armored, relying on mobility, such as the recon Humm-vee or the M3 Bradley cav scout, distinguished from the M2 Bradley IFV in that the M3 carries just the scout crew and more ammo).

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:43   Link #8467
Gravitas Free Zone

I tend to be up front anyway, but when running a Tier 8 medium in a game full of Tier 10 heavies, I end up scouting. Maybe not on something like Himmelsdorf, where late-game flanking is a better use, but Redshire or Prokhorovka games require someone to stick their neck out.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 15:40   Link #8468
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I agree up to the point of flat terrain with trees and shrubs but on the campelot maps like the one with king of the hill you will get picked off pretty easy. Some maps like the snow and city maps are what i prefer if i need to scout out an area... besides that i rather be mid ranged combat. If anyone of you guys actually play tier 10 battles frequently and you have the same tanks and rounds that i do, maybe you might think playing scout is not your best alternative... Everyone will try to track or kill you once you get spotted.

And i usually save repair kits for gun, ammo, or turret dmg over trax.
Old 2013-07-23, 16:34   Link #8469
Newhope

I swear people playing this game are getting dumber by the day they can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, did more damage than the rest of my useless team put together how is that even possible.

Spoiler for Size:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 17:08   Link #8470
Tak

You should play with us. I tend to believe our collective psychic potential as a clan can alter luck even for the worst-off folks.

Oh, and red goes faster.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-07-23, 17:16   Link #8471
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You should play with us. I tend to believe our collective psychic potential as a clan can alter luck even for the worst-off folks.
He's on the EU server, though. However, that also means that he can chill with Blaat and Drake.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 17:31   Link #8472
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Welcome to world of retardedness. where u will have retard games one after the other.
Old 2013-07-23, 17:33   Link #8473
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Newhope is a free bird who cannot be caged by any platoon.

Or at least we would if he would accept my friends request ;_;

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 17:38   Link #8474
Tak

Just because you are on EU, does not mean you cannot switch

That being said, I offer our luck for a small price... a bit of your soul, of course.

- Tak

Old 2013-07-23, 18:51   Link #8475
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
With regards to using mediums like the T-54 or even the T-62A to scout, it depends on the team make-up and the tier selection. If I was on top of a list you'd NEVER get me to scout on the T-54, but if I'm at the bottom and the only medium at that, I'd have to do it because my tank is the best suited for the role. And with its speed and Soviet camo, it can be VERY good at it too -- I had a game where I pretty much spotted half of the enemy team without even triggering 6th sense.

There's nothing stopping you from playing them as combat tanks (and city maps will force you to do this anyway), but the fact that they're true MBTs means that they can be used in ANY role, and one of them is as a scout. After all, one can't get competent Batchats every time.

So yes, it's yet again another sign that Touma has NO IDEA what he's talking about.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-07-23 at 21:21.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 22:45   Link #8476
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I scout in my Foch (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 22:46   Link #8477
Gravitas Free Zone

StuG crew finally broke into their third skill, now to do the Hetzer. It's what happens when you play tanks in cycles...

Within 15K XP of the Leopard Prototype now. Didn't get very many games in during the past day.

Hilarious IndienPanzer battle where I was trying not to get stuck on those bleepin' terraces in Pearl River. I actually had a shot on the entire underside of an E-75 that went over sideways, but it blew up before I could finish reloading.

And I have 980 Battle Heroes, so I'm very close to Kay's Medal 1st Class. The vast majority of those (almost 70% of them) are Sniper badges...
Old 2013-07-23, 22:54   Link #8478
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I could never understand what the Battle Heroes thing for that medal meant. These are supposed to be enemy tier X tanks in the battle, right?
Old 2013-07-23, 22:56   Link #8479
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

today is good day kinda.

10 win streak with T34 and also this :3

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 23:08   Link #8480
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I could never understand what the Battle Heroes thing for that medal meant. These are supposed to be enemy tier X tanks in the battle, right?
The Battle Hero awards are Top Gun, Invader, Defender, Sniper, Confederate, Steel Wall, Scout, Patrol Duty, Brothers in Arms, and Crucial Contribution. So earn those to rack up the Kay's Medal classes. And only those... things like Cool-Headed and Spartan don't count.

The class-based achievement is Ekins's Medal, for Tier 8, 9, and 10 kills.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks