AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-06-29, 12:39   Link #241
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Right now there are too many speculations and rumors floating around. The only thing we can say for sure is that the late years of his life was a tragedy.

Michael gave so much to the world, yet the world was torturing him till the death...

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 12:53   Link #242
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I do like some of MJ's song, especially "Beat It" and Thriller... as they sounded very good... but it's not a surprise because he had a history of addiction to pain killers, which could result in the tragedy... but doing CPR on a bed isn't very effective since the bed sinks down and should really be done on the floor..

Many people and I am going to miss him, but in my opinion, his songs are very good and will live on even after his death.
Old 2009-06-29, 12:57   Link #243
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Hope this isn't true, but if it is, it's a damning indictment of MJ's entourage &
hangers-on:

http://pajamasmedia.com/richardferna...e-living-dead/
I heard this is fake. But I'm really interested to know how he died too. I even heard that he was supposed to have a "lung transplant". So far, the real autopsy reports aren't out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki
I'm astounded that any medical professional would begin CPR on a bed, or perform "gentle" chest compressions during a cardiac arrest. Even first year nursing students know that CPR is initiated only on a hard surface.
Not really. It doesn't matter where you do CPR. If a real live person had a cardiac arrest right on his bed, you don't drag him down the floor just to perform CPR lol As long as you compressed hard enough that the heart was able to pump more blood, nobody cares where you do it. Maybe if you're doing it on a dummy, a hard surface will be ideal.
Old 2009-06-29, 13:09   Link #244
Theowne
耳をすませば

No, I'm pretty sure that it's common knowledge that CPR is better done on a hard surface....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:15   Link #245
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Not really. It doesn't matter where you do CPR. If a real live person had a cardiac arrest right on his bed, you don't drag him down the floor just to perform CPR lol As long as you compressed hard enough that the heart was able to pump more blood, nobody cares where you do it. Maybe if you're doing it on a dummy, a hard surface will be ideal.
Actually it does matter.

Common CPR practices call for the patient to be on a hard surface, because it is difficult to compress the chest on a soft surface. The 911 dispatcher even tells the doctor to get him on the floor after the doctor told the dispatcher that Jackson was on the bed. When CPR is done in a hospital bed, a hard surface is pulled from the crash cart or a bed board so it can be done.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 17:08   Link #246
ani_d

Yes, you guys are right. Textbook CPR procedure. It is difficult to do CPR on a soft surface so it would be "ideal" to do it on a hard surface for good reasons. In the perfect world, doing it on a CPR board will make your life much easier, but in reality where not all patients can be moved, nerves get tight, and/or resources are unavailable, we still have to do CPR whether the environment is favorable or not. Like I said, the idea of CPR is to squeeze the blood out of that heart to perfuse the body.

I'm just saying that if you were able to pump the heart good enough to support the body, that's the only thing that matters. And it can be done even if you don't place the patient on a hard surface. Just lay the patient flat and do compresses extra hard. Think as if you're compressing both mattress and the patient. Really once put in a bind, next to a broken rib, the last thing we worry about is whether we were able to do CPR on a hard surface or on a soft. However, I do get your point about performing a CPR on a hard surface. That would be "ideal", but it can't be done all the time depending on the situation. ^_^ Reality isn't black and white afterall.

Back to Michael, I find it a bit strange that they're questioning a cardiologist of botching the CPR all because he didn't do CPR on a hard surface. =/ I kinda trust the cardiologist this time, from his title, I think he knew what he was doing. It's not like the whole world knew the nitty-gritty of what happened to Michael Jackson.
Old 2009-06-29, 19:35   Link #247
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

last thing I heard about concerning Michael's death was from their family lawyer, and he was afraid it might of been from the medicine he was taking after he injured himself on stage preparing for his final tour.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 02:03   Link #248
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Back to Michael, I find it a bit strange that they're questioning a cardiologist of botching the CPR all because he didn't do CPR on a hard surface. =/ I kinda trust the cardiologist this time, from his title, I think he knew what he was doing. It's not like the whole world knew the nitty-gritty of what happened to Michael Jackson.
Well in this situation there was a floor next to the bed that the doctor could have performed the CPR on, so the hard surface was there. He should have gotten him on the floor for maximum effectiveness. As I said before, in the 911 call thats been publicly released, you can hear the 911 dispatcher telling the doctor to put Michael on the floor after the doctor tells the dispatcher that Michael is on the bed.

I think the most probable reason is that the doctor was too "caught" in the moment to really think of putting Jackson on the floor.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 16:38   Link #249
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Interview from photographer and photos from the reharsal

Taken 2 days before his death...
Somedays I wonder if having a pair of shinigami eyes would be useful
(His time's almost up, take more pics of him in his reharsal!)
Somedays anyway...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 18:26   Link #250
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Interview from photographer and photos from the reharsal

Taken 2 days before his death...
Somedays I wonder if having a pair of shinigami eyes would be useful
(His time's almost up, take more pics of him in his reharsal!)
Somedays anyway...
Thanks about that ~
Ah, it really looked like those concerts were prepared in the way to bring some of the old 80's magic back. Ah, but alas, life can trick you. Shame, honest..
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 18:56   Link #251
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WOW now news is coming out that his kids might not even be his biologically and that people signed clauses that said they were never allowed to reveal the truth. Even the two kids he apparantly had with his former wife (no not Lisa Marie Presley the other one) were not his nor hers biologically one of his long term friends is rumored to be the father of one. This stuff just keeps coming even death this man might not be able to find peace.
Old 2009-06-30, 19:08   Link #252
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

mom is watching her AZN news, apparently 12 crazy fans of Michael's committed suicide...

oy *facepalm*
Old 2009-06-30, 20:55   Link #253
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
mom is watching her AZN news, apparently 12 crazy fans of Michael's committed suicide...

oy *facepalm*
Wow, talk about Hardcore fans taking their fandom to the grave.

Anyways this is all starting to sound like a big mess.. it's no longer concerning Michael's existence but rather the things he left behind.
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 22:26   Link #254
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtrizz View Post
mom is watching her azn news, apparently 12 crazy fans of michael's committed suicide...

Oy *facepalm*

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 22:33   Link #255
BanishingBook

Is that even real? Is there a link?
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 23:52   Link #256
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

like I said, she was watching AZN, where she gets her Thai news from.
Old 2009-07-01, 02:45   Link #257
mg1942

Now this is EXPLOSIVE!

http://www.gigwise.com/article.php?id=51468
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:30   Link #258
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I dont like anyone enough to kill myself that includes MJ
Old 2009-07-01, 09:36   Link #259
BanishingBook

^ - same here. Why would I do that? Even if it's Michael, or Buddha, or even freaking Jesus Christ.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 16:55   Link #260
Theowne
耳をすませば

And here's the caring father

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDN0...layer_embedded

And people wonder why Jackson was screwed up?

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music