Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-17, 11:19   Link #141
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
I still can't help but break into laughter every time I replay the ED sequence. Imagine a full version of... that... included as a DVD/BD bonus - a truly traumatizing experience that I may not even mind going through.

Edit: The choregraphy seems to be taken from the original PV, too PLANE DANCE!
I had a gut feeling that the choreography came from the PV orz. Now I won't be surprised if the full dance version of the ED will come with a limited edition of Take Off which I will likely masochistically watch regardless. That CM already brought more images to my mind, such as the guys running around with their arms spread.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 13:24   Link #142
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

The raw is out. Everything looks great, I especially love the character designs. I'm just waiting for the subs so I can actually understand what's being said.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 14:05   Link #143
Accelolita_

I watched the first episode some minutes ago, without subs, so I didn't really understand anything xD
But I really love it. Okamoto-san as Rin was absolutely wonderful, imo. The character design is great, animation is flawless (as much as a n00b like myself can tell ) and I especially liked the filler-thingy with Rin working. This cute little clumsy boy, gotta love him, really. Sorry Rin-kun, I laughed xD
I don't mind any fillers at all. As long as they're good and fun to watch <3
The ED sounds nice, I almost laughed my ass off at the dance but I so want a full-lengh with the boys dancing....REALLY. I want something I can make fun of XD
Question: there was no opening, right? Or did they cut that out in the raw I found? (the ending wasn't there either, I watched it separate)

Can't wait for the subs and, of course, the next episode <3
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 15:48   Link #144
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Oh yeah, this episode just goes to show this will be 2-cour

Will ... I don't want to say it was boring, but in all honesty, that it was. I mean okay, production values are high, music sounds fitting, voices are awesome etc. but wasn't this like, and action show?

Where was the action?

I don't know, maybe it gets better, but as of now, episode 1 left no impression on me whatsoever.

But the ED sure did I guess we can see that what little courtesy the time slot producers had for the male demographic is steadily declining with every new show lol
Old 2011-04-17, 15:53   Link #145
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Not a bad episode. Interested in fueling my action for the season, so hopefully this provides it.

Always nice to hear Accelerator's VA .

Will keep this show on a tentative basis. 7/10 for first episode, 'twas good.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:02   Link #146
Jerseykid

major hellsing anderson vibe from the father guy. I enjoyed it
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:40   Link #147
Nikkan

Woah! This series got a lot of yaoi fanart! Really surprised me.
Anyway first episode was kind of slow pace but I really liked the character designs and the action and plot seems to be kicking off in the next episode. Will be watching.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:50   Link #148
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I had nothing against the way they portrayed this episode. It ended at just the right place and showed Rin's misguided life in-depth before having him become aware of his true self. Looking forward to more.
Old 2011-04-17, 16:55   Link #149
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2011-04-17, 17:15   Link #150
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Not a bad episode. Interested in fueling my action for the season, so hopefully this provides it.

Always nice to hear Accelerator's VA

Will keep this show on a tentative basis. 7/10 for first episode, 'twas good.
He voices Rin, right?
Old 2011-04-17, 17:21   Link #151
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Oh yeah, this episode just goes to show this will be 2-cour

Will ... I don't want to say it was boring, but in all honesty, that it was. I mean okay, production values are high, music sounds fitting, voices are awesome etc. but wasn't this like, and action show?

Where was the action?

I don't know, maybe it gets better, but as of now, episode 1 left no impression on me whatsoever.

But the ED sure did I guess we can see that what little courtesy the time slot producers had for the male demographic is steadily declining with every new show lol
Why do people always expect to see action from 1st episode? Makes no sence, better start the plot properly, action will always come.

I myself am satisfied so far. Series seem promising.
Old 2011-04-17, 17:31   Link #152
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why do people always expect to see action from 1st episode? Makes no sence, better start the plot properly, action will always come.

I myself am satisfied so far. Series seem promising.
I'd say it's probably because people had high expectations of this series and the fact that having action does not mean you cannot get the plot started. In a way, I think the first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood was really nice. It introduced the two main characters, got them in a dangerous situation and had them fighting, while giving a bit of foreshadow about other characters and the world. Here though, the pacing was quite slow and I can't really say it covered much of the "plot". The meat of the episode was delivered in the last couple minutes, so most of it, while not bad, could probably have been shortened a bit in order to deliver some action.

Of course, each one will have its preferences, but the most exciting part of seeing our favourite mangas adapted into anime is, well, the animation, and if there's one thing that really gets a boost from it (when well done, at least) are the action scenes. And this still is a shounen battle manga, when all is said and done.
Old 2011-04-17, 18:53   Link #153
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why do people always expect to see action from 1st episode? Makes no sense, better start the plot properly, action will always come.
I agree.

Anyway, strong first episode. The animation is nice, the character designs are very attractive, great cast, and can tell that the story is going be awesome. Can't wait to see more of this. Seems very promising indeed.
Old 2011-04-17, 19:08   Link #154
karuroso

I shouldn't have watched this series before Deadman Wonderland...
Spoiler:

but just like Deadman Wonderland by the end of the ep it left me with a great desire to go look at the manga to see what happens, but i have to say it s strange to hear accelarator in this role right after Index
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 19:20   Link #155
ApostleOfGod
^.^

ao no exorcist i think was like one of the most anticipated this season, at least it seemed to have more hype on the sites i visit

anyways, though i'd be exaggerating if i said this would be the next code geass, after episode 1 i think the plot scheme seems pretty promising / grandeur, im anxiously looking forward to more of this aminu this season.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 20:59   Link #156
king12354

Forgot that I read this manga a while ago. It was interesting when I read it and the opening ep. looks good. There sure are a lot of promising shows so far this season.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 21:19   Link #157
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

if the animation of this will be consistent like the first episode this will be a winner for me

nice ending song, ready ready ready for the take off!!!
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:38   Link #158
Kagekyuubi

Since it's going to be a 2-cour they're most likely going anime original ending. I'm hoping that they're doing an FMA(first anime) for this and end it with something good.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:51   Link #159
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought it was a fine first episode. They introdced the lead and got us situated into his world. Since I'm sure we're going to get plenty of action coming up I'm fine with this taking its time in the first episode. Rin really does have a rough time. The guy just tries to do the right thing and things don't seem to work out. Plus he is pretty strong which probably leads to some of his mess-ups.

Definitely a rough day when suddenly you are covered in blue fire and then told you are the son of Satan .
Old 2011-04-17, 23:35   Link #160
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I was blown away with this one. I mean I already have my set of expectations for Shonen series (Sket Dance and Toriko) but this one was on another level. I can sense a good plot hare and with 24 episodes to boot, this is getting me excited.

One setback though (not really but you know) is that this series is unexpectedly fujoshibait like Durarara. Expect droves of yaoi fanart soon.

Tags
fantasy, shounen