AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-20, 06:59   Link #21181
PzIVf3

Looks like they announcing Gundam Expo 2011.

Quote:
バンダイは20日、人気アニメ「機動戦士ガンダム」のプラモデル(通称・ガンプラ)作りの世界一を決めるコ ンテスト「ガンプラビルダーズワールドカップ2011」を、日本を含めた世界13カ国・地域で7月から順次 開催すると発表した。世界規模で開催するガンプラの公式コンテストは初めて。

今回のコンテストでは、ガンプラの工作技術や塗装技術、アイディアなどを競い合う。15歳以上が参加でき る「オープンコース」と、14歳以下の「ジュニアコース」の2コースが設定された。開催期間は2011年7 月~12月。開催国・地域は、日本、中国、韓国、台湾、香港、タイ、シンガポール、マレーシア、フィリピン 、インドネシア、オーストラリア、アメリカ、イタリア。

予選審査で各国・地域の代表者を選出し、12月に香港で開催される「ガンプラEXPOワールドツアー香港 2011」でガンプラ世界チャンピオンを決定する。日本国内で開催される「ガンプラビルダーズワールドカッ プ2011日本大会」は、7月25日から応募受付をスタートするという。

■ガンプラ 1980年7月から日本で発売された同社を代表するヒット商品のひとつ。日本だけでなくアジ アを中心とした海外でも多くのファンに支持されている。国内では累計4億600万個、海外では12カ国・地 域で累計2800万個以上が販売された。
Source:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...80-san-bus_all
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 07:24   Link #21182
Appel

a translation would have been neat^^

edit: this seems to be about the gunpla world cup 2011, the finals seem to be taking place at the hong kong gunpla expo 2011.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 07:44   Link #21183
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
a translation would have been neat^^

edit: this seems to be about the gunpla world cup 2011, the finals seem to be taking place at the hong kong gunpla expo 2011.
yup, like you said it, it's Gundam Modeller world Cup 2011, including Japan there will be total of 13 country, (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, HK, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, America and Italy), this year the judge is focus on mod and paint (isn't that always?)
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 08:46   Link #21184
Appel

looks like bandai-asia is also holding a lottery contest:
http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundaminf...andai_code.php
if you buy kits from the lines of sangokuden, gundam wing, gundam unicorn, gunpla builders or other specialy labeled kits you get a ticket with a number that you can enter on the website above.
the prizes are pretty awesome! a 4 in 1 PG gift pack, a 6 in 1 MG gift pack, a tool set and special prizes, over 5000 prizes total :P
only people from Singapore, Malyasia, Indonesia, Phillippines, Australia, USA, Canada & Italy can enter though...
wait, italy? why not other european countries, too? O_O thats stupid...
but anyway, the prizes that they have dont even interest me all that much^^ i already have the PG astray and the other PGs dont interest me and from the MG gift pack i already have all of them except for the MG astray. but i have that as a PG so w/e XD
the tool pack would be kinda cool though...
Old 2011-07-20, 11:54   Link #21185
skyboy928

Quote:
looks like bandai-asia is also holding a lottery contest:
http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundaminf...andai_code.php
if you buy kits from the lines of sangokuden, gundam wing, gundam unicorn, gunpla builders or other specialy labeled kits you get a ticket with a number that you can enter on the website above.
the prizes are pretty awesome! a 4 in 1 PG gift pack, a 6 in 1 MG gift pack, a tool set and special prizes, over 5000 prizes total :P
only people from Singapore, Malyasia, Indonesia, Phillippines, Australia, USA, Canada & Italy can enter though...
wait, italy? why not other european countries, too? O_O thats stupid...
but anyway, the prizes that they have dont even interest me all that much^^ i already have the PG astray and the other PGs dont interest me and from the MG gift pack i already have all of them except for the MG astray. but i have that as a PG so w/e XD
the tool pack would be kinda cool though...
that's pretty interesting, but then again, i guess i have the same problem with the prize as well, since i do have all the PG, the MG bundle, there's only one that i don't have which is the Striker Freedom, but i do have that PG already. so i guess we could look forward to the Tool set...... another thing is interesting that Bandai Asia..... why USA, Canada and Italy included,
Old 2011-07-20, 12:08   Link #21186
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
another thing is interesting that Bandai Asia..... why USA, Canada and Italy included,
yeah, that confuses me too :P
Old 2011-07-20, 12:53   Link #21187
skyboy928

Quote:
yeah, that confuses me too :P
Now I wonder if my deathscythe or epyon have those serial number card thingy,
Old 2011-07-20, 13:43   Link #21188
GameraBaenre

While working on an HGUC Gouf Custom for a diorama project, we've been taking some videos on various weathering techniques. This tutorial page is still work in progress as there are a few more steps that need to be done, but hopefully the tutorial will be completed by the end of the week. The first part is up, and covers the filter/fade technique. There are pictures and videos of the technique. Check it out:

http://thosegundamguys.org/2011/07/2...ng-techniques/
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 14:15   Link #21189
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
While working on an HGUC Gouf Custom for a diorama project, we've been taking some videos on various weathering techniques. This tutorial page is still work in progress as there are a few more steps that need to be done, but hopefully the tutorial will be completed by the end of the week. The first part is up, and covers the filter/fade technique. There are pictures and videos of the technique. Check it out:

oh thats a very nice tutorial! i think ill try it like that! looks pretty easy^^
Old 2011-07-20, 21:34   Link #21190
skyboy928

Quote:

it sure look quite easy, will definitely give it a try one of these day, thanks
Old 2011-07-21, 04:22   Link #21191
Appel

Quote:
it sure look quite easy, will definitely give it a try one of these day, thanks
i will try it on my no grade strike^^ if i fail at least i dont ruin anything important XD
Old 2011-07-21, 07:48   Link #21192
skyboy928

Quote:
i will try it on my no grade strike^^ if i fail at least i dont ruin anything important XD
same thing here, i got a whole set of old Gundam Wing and a Gundam X i could try it on.
Old 2011-07-21, 11:22   Link #21193
Appel

Quote:
same thing here, i got a whole set of old Gundam Wing and a Gundam X i could try it on.
just tried it, it really is incredibly easy :P although i think i went a little overboard with the wethering XD but i think it looks quite good. i will post photos once the paint has dried.
Old 2011-07-21, 12:33   Link #21194
GameraBaenre

Quote:

Quoting myself because I just updated the above tutorial to include dry brushing/paint chipping. This is the second weathering session. There is still one more update to complete this tutorial.

Edit: and here's a quick little picture of what these weathering sessions have done so far:
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 12:36   Link #21195
skyboy928

Quote:
Quoting myself because I just updated the above tutorial to include dry brushing/paint chipping. This is the second weathering session. There is still one more update to complete this tutorial.
cool, too bad i can't check it out at work.....
Old 2011-07-21, 12:48   Link #21196
Appel

alright, i have no idea what happened... but for some reason every single polycap joint in my no grade strike is broken. ALL OF THEM O_o the pieces holding the polycaps in place broke... i tried to fix it with glue but everything is so very lose now, posing it is totally out of the question. bummer.... the white part of the V-fin broke in half too and i found a tiny white piece that broke off somewhere but i have to idea why or where it came from :P
essentially the entire kit decided to commit suicide XD no idea what was going on...

at least the wethering turned out pretty ok:
Old 2011-07-21, 15:04   Link #21197
skyboy928

Quote:
alright, i have no idea what happened... but for some reason every single polycap joint in my no grade strike is broken. ALL OF THEM O_o the pieces holding the polycaps in place broke... i tried to fix it with glue but everything is so very lose now, posing it is totally out of the question. bummer.... the white part of the V-fin broke in half too and i found a tiny white piece that broke off somewhere but i have to idea why or where it came from :P
essentially the entire kit decided to commit suicide XD no idea what was going on...

at least the wethering turned out pretty ok:
could it be...... the lighter fluid that cause it

but it sure look like it have gone to a final battle, so i guess it broken because of that, lol
Old 2011-07-21, 15:09   Link #21198
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

what are the chances we'll see a MG Reborns Gundam/Cannon, or hell even a RG?
Old 2011-07-21, 15:22   Link #21199
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Very little, I imagine.
Old 2011-07-21, 15:23   Link #21200
Appel

Quote:
could it be...... the lighter fluid that cause it

but it sure look like it have gone to a final battle, so i guess it broken because of that, lol
maybe. i have no clue what happened but will definitely check on that :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
what are the chances we'll see a MG Reborns Gundam/Cannon, or hell even a RG?
rather bad in my opinion. we need more MGs from bad guys but bandai doesnt seem to make those as often...

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy