AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-01-16, 23:29   Link #2661
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

@Crimson Oh yeah they never had a surname in the first place.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 00:01   Link #2662
Lucidrago

God was weakened. What don't you understand about that?

And it takes more than one powerful being to win a war. And consider that Indra, one of those Hindu gods, has power that rivals four Satan-class beings combined. So add in like 20 fallen angel leaders and 10 Seraphs and it's not as easy to win a war like you think just because there's one powerful being.

If any of the Trimurtr did what God did you guys would be sll over them talking about how powerful they are. And think about this for a second. What really stopped the other pantheons from attacking Christianity? Each of them had many powerful gods while Christianity only had one. So what was stopping them? Just having an exorcist who could take on a high-class devil was super rare. I don't believe that any of the original Maou, the Seraphs, or the Fallen Angel leaders were god-class. And God was the sole god of Christianity. So what exactly was stopping them?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 00:48   Link #2663
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Some vague statement doesn't prove anything, you need to remember that Author's Words > Feat > Multi-Statement. In order to prove something correct we need atleast multi-statement that point to the same goal. If you use that single statement to prove power of Bible God, then i teal that Sairaor and have power to blow-up a planet because Azazel told that if someone master Regelus Nemea can split the earth to half, and Ddraig have power to blow-up Earth because he said that he can destroy the world few time over. They call that kind of statement without feat or other proof to back-up or without Author's Words is hyperbole. Do you guys understand?

They don't attack because of many reason(lesser race destruction include human that not good for a pantheon because they need follower,etc...); or for the plot convenience

You think that attack other is so simple that you stronger than them, yeah go attack them. If that correct so USA already blow-up North Korea or whatever weak country, no offend for American member and other country member. Each Patheon always steadily eyeing other Patheon, if you not careful it can blow into full-scare Supernature World War where each Patheon attack each other or something like WW2 that 100 time more terrifying than normal World War

Last edited by vietthai96; 2018-01-17 at 01:02.
vietthai96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 00:51   Link #2664
B214

Weakened or not. There is nothing to indicate that Bible God is stronger than Shiva. Anyhow as to why they hide God's death. Devils need people to believe in God in order for them to believe in Devils. That's to make contract with humans. Angels need people to believe in God for many reasons like church and exorcist.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 04:21   Link #2665
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Weakened or not. There is nothing to indicate that Bible God is stronger than Shiva. Anyhow as to why they hide God's death. Devils need people to believe in God in order for them to believe in Devils. That's to make contract with humans. Angels need people to believe in God for many reasons like church and exorcist.
Why do devils need humans to believe in them? Devils don't need human's faith like gods do.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 05:28   Link #2666
B214

If people stop believing in God would they believe in Devils?
Old 2018-01-17, 05:37   Link #2667
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
If people stop believing in God would they believe in Devils?
Why should is matter to the devils if humans is aware of their existence? We know gods needs humans to believe in them as a source of their power but nothing is stated the same for devils. Issei had a hard time believing the existence of devils when he first learned about Rias being one.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 08:06   Link #2668
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
Some vague statement doesn't prove anything, you need to remember that Author's Words > Feat > Multi-Statement. In order to prove something correct we need atleast multi-statement that point to the same goal. If you use that single statement to prove power of Bible God, then i teal that Sairaor and have power to blow-up a planet because Azazel told that if someone master Regelus Nemea can split the earth to half, and Ddraig have power to blow-up Earth because he said that he can destroy the world few time over. They call that kind of statement without feat or other proof to back-up or without Author's Words is hyperbole. Do you guys understand?

They don't attack because of many reason(lesser race destruction include human that not good for a pantheon because they need follower,etc...); or for the plot convenience

You think that attack other is so simple that you stronger than them, yeah go attack them. If that correct so USA already blow-up North Korea or whatever weak country, no offend for American member and other country member. Each Patheon always steadily eyeing other Patheon, if you not careful it can blow into full-scare Supernature World War where each Patheon attack each other or something like WW2 that 100 time more terrifying than normal World War
if we go by deeds God even dead has many more feats than those of shiva (which has an equally relevant date than the one I brought)
the one that sends is one, there is another one of cao cao
not to mention that he was the only God of the three fractions and it was a taboo to name his death for fear of reprisals ... because as I reveal azazel to loki that blame God and not them the arrival of the bible to their lands.

Quote:
the angels need God, but the demons do not ... they can continue to interact without God, but they needed the weight of their name not to be attacked by Gods or beings of other mythologies, you do not remember the explanations of rias a issei or that she would be shocked to learn of his death.
if they knew before the covenant that God is dead, there would be war to take their territories (or recover) among all the fractions.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 08:18   Link #2669
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

If you are saying God used to be in the Top 10 simply because he sealed 666 and Ddraig and Albion, you are saying Rossweisse is in the Top 10. Rossweisse can seal 666 meaning she can seal anybody; she has the same level of talent for sealing as God and that just shows God really wasn't that impressive, if somebody else can do it quite easily.
Old 2018-01-17, 08:26   Link #2670
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And there's no way God was as powerful as Shiva. We don't know for sure how powerful he was, but I think he was around the same level as Ddraig and Albion in their prime.
Old 2018-01-17, 08:27   Link #2671
Lucidrago

When did Rossweisse seal 666? Oh that seal that basically did nothing to it? Did she create a seal that could permanently stop Trihexa? God applied beaucoup forbidden seals on that thing and permanently sealed it. He was probably like the only god that could do it. And when Rizevim was unsealing 666, he had to use two of the most powerful weapons that God created.

And think about who created the Sacred Gears. If any other god did that(like Shiva) people would be gushing about him. And not to mention that Brahma's in the Top 10 and is a god of creation. So is Ajuka in his own right. God's like the most major god of creation. And he has way more feats than Shiva despite being dead.

One is that I'm not saying that God is in the Top 10. But he was powerful to be able to permanently seal Trihexa on the spot. But he's at least as strong as Odin and Zeus and the other chief gods.

And two, I just don't feel like God is inferior to the Hindu gods. You say they have cheat-like abilities but what are they? While God has done several things that are considered cheat-like.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-01-17 at 08:41.
Old 2018-01-17, 08:29   Link #2672
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, you're right. So what Bennia Lover said there isn't exactly a good comparison.

But you do know that Rizevim said that God sealed Trihexa without anyone knowing, right? He did it silently. It's possible that Trihexa was asleep.
Old 2018-01-17, 08:32   Link #2673
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

She sealed it's movements! That's still sealing. She learned to do that so quickly. With time she could learn to seal a being like 666 permanently: she has proven she has the potential for that. And I think she will because 666 can only be sealed as said by Shiva unless prime Ophis or Great Red decide to kill it; Rossweisse will be the one in time to come up with a permanent seal for 666.

Edit: Yes it was mostly likely asleep and if so, that downplays God's feat.
Old 2018-01-17, 08:54   Link #2674
godz

and how could he have found trixeha? He was at the end of the world and may have awakened when God found him ... he is a sealing genius and it should not have been anything for God to create a barrier that would isolate him with trixeha.
but I must remind you of the quotes that make them similar to ophis or just ignore it to continue with the nerf to God ... do not remember that the seal of rosseweise was only to stop it to have ready the sealing plan of the more than 30 beings powerful

God as revealed Rizevim was the only one who knew the existance of trixeha and who named him as a great network.
not to mention that the seal was made with the help of all the fractions and elements of them were used as knowledge of the Nordic tree.

rizevim I consider incredible to God and apohis flee from his will for fear of losing his conscience.
not to mention that we do not know anything of brute power ... they remind me of those who considered a weak hashima for not overwhelming the third hokage.
Old 2018-01-17, 09:01   Link #2675
Lucidrago

Now I don't doubt that Rossweisse could develop a seal to seal Trihexa. But could she do it on her own? Think about how much power it would take to seal that beast? God was weakened because of it and died in the war because of that. I seriously don't think there's any one else in the world who could seal Trihexa with their own power on their lonesome like God did.
Old 2018-01-17, 09:07   Link #2676
DragonOsman
Dragon King

God had power on the level of the Top 10, probably on par with Ddraig and Albion in their prime. But Rossweisse's talent in sealing could still be on par with God. It's not that far-fetched.

@godz: The quote you showed about God having infinite power similar to Ophis could mean anything. Let's not jump to conclusions yet based only on that one quote when we don't even know how to interpret it (yes, we don't know).
Old 2018-01-17, 09:16   Link #2677
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
God had power on the level of the Top 10, probably on par with Ddraig and Albion in their prime. But Rossweisse's talent in sealing could still be on par with God. It's not that far-fetched.

@godz: The quote you showed about God having infinite power similar to Ophis could mean anything. Let's not jump to conclusions yet based only on that one quote when we don't even know how to interpret it (yes, we don't know).
there is another one with cao cao, another one of ddraig where he considers ophis the only being that God can not face without preparation and that his hatred is strong that can affect ophis and great red, the only confirmed thing that affects both beings.
they take advantage that he is dead to apply the nerf.
Old 2018-01-17, 09:20   Link #2678
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Spoiler for Ise's confession to Koneko and Kuroka (machine translation jp>en):

When I have time I will look for Kuroka original surname (I think is mentioned).
Quote:
Koneko is now Shirone Toujou and Kuroka is also Toujou. (don’t know what will happen with the name Koneko)
Old 2018-01-17, 09:25   Link #2679
godz

Then Vali had a lot of opportunity with Kuroka, but I let her pass until Kuroka found a better man ... Woah that's strong
As a fan of Valixkuroka I am happy and angry.
Old 2018-01-17, 09:31   Link #2680
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
the angels need God, but the demons do not ... they can continue to interact without God, but they needed the weight of their name not to be attacked by Gods or beings of other mythologies, you do not remember the explanations of rias a issei or that she would be shocked to learn of his death.
if they knew before the covenant that God is dead, there would be war to take their territories (or recover) among all the fractions.
Because devils benefit from god being "alive". More people becoming Christian means more people would believe in devils. That result in making contract easier.