AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-06-25, 19:09   Link #4641
DragonOsman
Dragon King

When even Tsubaki thinks she'll have to get past Ise to win Kiba's heart, you just know something's up. It's a running gag, yes, but the normal human girls at the school actually believe that Kiba and Ise are in a gay relationship, too, and the Manga Club even made a manga on it (now discontinued).

And Lucidrago, we have no reason to believe that Ise is gay because he loves Rias and the other girls and he even proposed to them. He can't have sex with them only because the editor isn't allowing it. In the case of Kiba, though, there's nothing like that. He himself has no interest in any of the girls fawning over him and he even ignores Tsubaki's advances. When Ise tries to hook him up with Tsubaki, he even asks why he keeps trying to do that. Why would people not wonder if Kiba is actually gay? Not saying that he is. Just asking.

@Norn: Given the words, "Kiba isn't gay, he's just crazy about Ise", how will you interpret it? Really, what's the difference? You tell me.
Old 2018-06-25, 19:47   Link #4642
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
When even Tsubaki thinks she'll have to get past Ise to win Kiba's heart, you just know something's up. It's a running gag, yes, but the normal human girls at the school actually believe that Kiba and Ise are in a gay relationship, too, and the Manga Club even made a manga on it (now discontinued).

And Lucidrago, we have no reason to believe that Ise is gay because he loves Rias and the other girls and he even proposed to them. He can't have sex with them only because the editor isn't allowing it. In the case of Kiba, though, there's nothing like that. He himself has no interest in any of the girls fawning over him and he even ignores Tsubaki's advances. When Ise tries to hook him up with Tsubaki, he even asks why he keeps trying to do that. Why would people not wonder if Kiba is actually gay? Not saying that he is. Just asking.

@Norn: Given the words, "Kiba isn't gay, he's just crazy about Ise", how will you interpret it? Really, what's the difference? You tell me.
Does Kiba even know if Tsubaki likes him? Cause he seems too focus on his role as Rias' knight and Ise's "best friend".
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 23:26   Link #4643
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:

That's because foremost, they're close friends. It's safe to say that after Rias, the person Kiba cares the most about is Ise. Kiba was bound to self destruct with the deep grudge he held towards the Vatican. The one who saved him from that, was Ise. And thanks to Ise, he's been able to (re)connect with his old friends from the orphanage and move past his vengeance. He's finally able to enjoy life somewhat. It wouldn't be strange if he saw that as Ise not only saving his life, but also giving him a reason to live. This might be me, but Kiba feels very indebted to Ise. They're close to the point where they seriously discussed what the other should do in the case one of them dies.

That's a lot for Tsubaki to live up to.

Normal girls believing that Ise and Kiba are in a gay relationship is not really a telling sign. It's a shipping trope. And several of those girls might as well be fujoshi's.

Kiba not having any interest in the girls around him even after he can finally live for himself is not strange. He's used to girls fawning over him. And ignoring Tsubaki's advances means that he's not interested in her like that, plain and simple.

Would you not ask a friend why they keep trying to hook you up with a girl? Try fervently hooking up someone who isn't into the person you're trying to hook them up with and see if they're not going to ask you why you keep doing that.

I don't deny that Kiba is a bit odd, but I genuinely believe that he's not gay. Not because he hasn't made a clear move on Issei, but more because Kiba has yet to actually fall in love with someone.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 23:35   Link #4644
XFire
150% done

KIBA IS NOT GAY

It's a running gag that he seems like he is because of how he acts, but he's not actually romantically interested in Ise.
Old 2018-06-26, 01:31   Link #4645
The 48th Ronin

The fact that the girls got jealous of Fem!Kiba only emphasize the fact of just how good looking Kiba is.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 10:33   Link #4646
Lucidrago

So what abilities do you guys think that Balberith and Verrine have. Besides an endless amount of demonic power. Although I feel like Ishibumi might go the 'Crom Cruach' route for Balberith with him being incredibly powerful with only the basic abilities of a devil.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 14:44   Link #4647
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Do they have endless Demonic Power, though? Their aura seems bottomless, especially Balberith's, but I don't they have infinite power (Hey, Ophis, I think someone's trying to steal your shtick). Balberith being like Crom sounds good, though.

Look at the myth for what abilities they might have, though. That could help.

@XFire: Yeah, it's a running gag and Kiba isn't really gay. But the way the joke is done isn't helping much. I just hope Kiba would hurry up and find a woman so we (and Ise) can rest easy ().
Old 2018-06-26, 14:45   Link #4648
Lucidrago

I meant in the sense that it seems endless.
Old 2018-06-27, 11:24   Link #4649
Norn
Dazed and Confused

I don't think that guessing their abilities will be easy, despite their names having myths.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:12   Link #4650
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They're named after demons among the 72 Pillars of Solomon, just like all of the other Devil Houses. We might be able to glean something from that.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:42   Link #4651
Lucidrago

What devil from the 72 Pillars is Verrine named after exactly?
Old 2018-06-27, 13:52   Link #4652
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, Verrine isn't there, but Balberith seems to be a mix of Baal and Beleth. Does seem like a bit of a stretch, though.
Old 2018-06-27, 19:55   Link #4653
Norn
Dazed and Confused

• Soneillon was the fourth prince of Thrones, who tempts men to hate and is opposed by St. Stephen.
  • Gressil was the third prince of Thrones, who tempts men with impurity and is opposed by St. Bernard.
  • Verrine was also prince of Thrones, just below Astaroth. He tempts men with impatience and is opposed by St. Dominic.
  • Berith was a prince of the Cherubim. He tempts men to commit homicide, and to be quarrelsome, contentious, and blasphemous. He is opposed by St. Barnabas.
It's not easy to guess their powers. For example, Balberith comes indeed from Baal. Who also is called Ba'al, Ba'al Zebub and Ba'alberith. All of which are associated with flies and are the origin of Beelzebub (lord of the flies). I'm sceptical toward the idea of Balberith using something related to flies, but it's still possible.

Since we don't know about Berith much, we could look at Ba'al/Baal and Beelzebub:
Spoiler for Ba'al/Baal & Beelzebub:

I haven't looked into beleth, but I'm guessing that Balberith's powers are related to weather (specifically lightning, storms, rain, wind) and the sea. I don't know if flies will be part of his powers but maybe he transforms into a bull, goat looking creature. Basically Minotaur on steroids. And there's a high chance that Balberith is a dragon slayer.
Old 2018-06-27, 21:55   Link #4654
Parry999

Shalba already pulled the Lord of flies thing. So that's must likely Baelzebubs family trait.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 21:57   Link #4655
Lucidrago

Another god associated with lightning who defeated an evil serpent or reptilian-like creature who is the king of the gods in his own mythology. Like that hasn't been done before(sarcasm).
Old 2018-06-28, 06:30   Link #4656
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Parry: Yes, and Ba'al/Baal is the origin of Beelzebub. At least in the original myth.

You can probably think of it as Baal getting filled with impurities and being demonified to become Beelzebub. "Flies" are also associated with evil and filth, right? It could be Baal had a power other than something related to flies before he became Beelzebub.

That said, though, we already have the Sitri as a House whose trait has to do with water and oceans. I wonder if Balberith will really turn out to have power over weather and seas with that. What other possible traits could there be?

But if Balberith is a Dragon Slayer, has seemingly bottomless aura, and is said to have the potential to be able to fight a Dragon God..... Hm. Interesting. What if Hades took something from Samael to create him? And perhaps also from Trihexa and/or from Ise's original body. Of course Ise having Dragon aura and that being mixed with Samael would be kind of counterproductive. Unless it could somehow have made Balberith all the more powerful.
Old 2018-06-28, 10:03   Link #4657
Lucidrago

If he did that then he wouldn't be so surprised that Balberith was created. It looks like he simply used Lilith's power.

If he was a dragon slayer, Issei and Vali would have felt the intense pressure.

Most likely he just has an intense amount of demonic powers. No special abilities. Just demonic power. And being a hand-to-hand fighter.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-06-28 at 10:26.
Old 2018-06-28, 12:48   Link #4658
Sauron12561

it might be possible that Lilith's power takes the power from other mythological creatures and adds them as traits to her spawn. thus creating the devils with different kinds of powers and them finding their origin in other mythologies
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 13:44   Link #4659
Lucidrago

The only one that really applies to is Phenex.
Old 2018-06-28, 21:19   Link #4660
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Another god associated with lightning who defeated an evil serpent or reptilian-like creature who is the king of the gods in his own mythology. Like that hasn't been done before(sarcasm).
Yeah it's almost like it's a recurring theme

Quote:
@Parry: Yes, and Ba'al/Baal is the origin of Beelzebub. At least in the original myth.

You can probably think of it as Baal getting filled with impurities and being demonified to become Beelzebub. "Flies" are also associated with evil and filth, right? It could be Baal had a power other than something related to flies before he became Beelzebub.

That said, though, we already have the Sitri as a House whose trait has to do with water and oceans. I wonder if Balberith will really turn out to have power over weather and seas with that. What other possible traits could there be?

But if Balberith is a Dragon Slayer, has seemingly bottomless aura, and is said to have the potential to be able to fight a Dragon God..... Hm. Interesting. What if Hades took something from Samael to create him? And perhaps also from Trihexa and/or from Ise's original body. Of course Ise having Dragon aura and that being mixed with Samael would be kind of counterproductive. Unless it could somehow have made Balberith all the more powerful.
I mean, Sitri's power seems to be governing a specific form of water, so Balberith could just be a demonic Poseidon. Weather and seas, sounds more like Susano'o, which in turn would mean Balberith throwing around thunderstorms, hurricanes, whirlpools and tsunami's.

I don't think he took Ise's body, unless he wanted to make a "perfected sekiryuutei". But this would be noticed instantly and we would've seen characters react to it. Trihexa is unlikely, as it would basically be a get out of jail card for the core. Not even Hades is that stupid, that reckless. Although... Also isn't Samael a paradoxical being? Dragon yet destroys dragons. Highly lethal dragon slayer, yet the first dragon that seemingly drew God's ire.

I can't help but think he's either similar to Ise like Lucidrago seems to hint at, or has a really unfair trait that takes advantage of his demonic powers.