AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-05, 08:54   Link #5941
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Mizore is already considered the most talented snow girl isnt she? And is the A class or S class clasification for the race / kind of monster and not their actual power? I mean all pure blood are considered S class even though they might be weaker than a lower class monster in actual combat.. like Kokoa compared to Kururu or Mizore.
Old 2008-12-05, 09:01   Link #5942
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

True...Since in the manga and anime Mizore and Kurumu can beat her, but Moka can beat and take on all the girls as seen in the first season anime.
Old 2008-12-05, 09:23   Link #5943
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Remember they are not invinsible... it is true they are the ones with the highest power among the monstersbut also have the worst weaknesses... water, holycrosses, etc... there are simply so many ways of killing vampires and they all seem to work in R+V.

The only one that is pretty much overpowered is Tsukune but only if there is a chance for him to control his vampire blood while in ghoul mode... but as things are progressing now, in exchange for that overwhelming ghoul power Tsukune is giving up his own life... having time as a weakness is a pretty bad thing...

lol i can imagine the reaction of Kururu and Mizore if Tsukune and Moka end up in a Luke x Leila relationship
Well, the only reason why the vampire power is detramental to Tsukune is because his human body is unable to handle it. Thus causing the ghoul like degeneration of his mind and body. But the holy lock seems to be assisting Tsukune in adapting to his new blood.

This theory was spoke about before, but I'm assuming that eventually Tsukune will gain full control where it'll no longer cause his degeneration to a ghoul like being. Making him a "human-vampire", since he's human born he won't have any of the inherit weaknesses of a vampire but will have all the perks. Besides the director is too suspicious. His, "His powers are developing quite nicely" is too much to pass up.

And as far as ranking is concerned. I think its a matter of how much Yoki the monster has. I think each Yokai has an inherit amount of Yoki that is used as their base strength. You can become more skillful with what you have and be able to win against odds. But as far as classification is concerned you'll always be your rank. Vampire's have an unlimited amount of Yoki, they convert Yoki from their surroundings, rather than an inherit Yoki, which makes them severly overpowered, but like Kenji mentioned, they have a ton weaknesses. Tsukune is the only one that is potentially too overpowered.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 13:09   Link #5944
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well, the only reason why the vampire power is detramental to Tsukune is because his human body is unable to handle it. Thus causing the ghoul like degeneration of his mind and body. But the holy lock seems to be assisting Tsukune in adapting to his new blood.
Only Tsukuneīs mind is degenerating, when he becomes a Ghoul.
But he has shown in his fight against Hotoku, that he can hold the Vamp mode for a relatively long time and even accumulate more Chakra Youki.

Quote:
Besides the director is too suspicious. His, "His powers are developing quite nicely" is too much to pass up.
He said this, when Tsukune learned to use his Vamp mode consciously in his fight against the millipede.

Quote:
And as far as ranking is concerned. I think its a matter of how much Yoki the monster has. I think each Yokai has an inherit amount of Yoki that is used as their base strength. You can become more skillful with what you have and be able to win against odds. But as far as classification is concerned you'll always be your rank. Vampire's have an unlimited amount of Yoki, they convert Yoki from their surroundings, rather than an inherit Yoki, which makes them severly overpowered, but like Kenji mentioned, they have a ton weaknesses. Tsukune is the only one that is potentially too overpowered.
Is that so?

I understand their skill "Aura to strength" as the simple convertion of Youki into physical strength. I donīt think Vampires have unlimited mana youki.
But they have much, thatīs true...

But on the other hand: The manga never really explained, what youki means, this makes discussions about this theme difficult for me...

Useful for comparison would be a definition in the fashion of the definition of prana at the Nasuverse of "Tsukihime" or "Fate/Stay-Night".
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 14:22   Link #5945
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well if Inner Moka is similar to Arcuied. Then Kalua is similar to Nrvnqsr Chaos...did I get the spelling correct? lol
Old 2008-12-05, 15:11   Link #5946
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
yoki/youki= demonic power. Easy as that

as for the vampires being OP... well, keep it mind it has been stated that vampires are among those at the top of the food chain, so it does make sense that they're able to take on most other species

And that's what you gotta love about these stories (or at least, what I love)- just as we close one chapter, another opens. Just a shame that it takes so long for the chapters to come out

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 15:17   Link #5947
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hn, I don't know if I should butt in now with my take on things or not...

And the ranking system goes by how much power a particular monster/race of same type of monsters have. Our good ol' buddy Saizou from the first chapter - he can be placed around a 'D' or even a 'C' level for a monster. Ginei is considered at the very least a high 'A' class but werewolves on the whole are considered 'S' class ranking monsters - as they are, they are the closest to vampires in terms of overall power.

Kyuou, our lil kyuubi, could be considered an 'S' class but I prefer to keep him in the 'A+' category. Only reason he was trumping Moka was after she had given Tsukune some of her blood. She still fought him weakened but she was fighting to buy time for the blood to heal Tsukune.

Midou was just tenacious...I doubt if he'd even last that long against Ginei if he was serious. His stats were in HP and ATK and that's what saved his arse in the fight. 'A' at the most.

As for Kiira and Hakuto...I really don't see Kiira as being even 'A' class. He was out with just one kick - whether Moka put more 'oomph' into that particular kick or not...*shrugs*. Hakuto, the demon blood plus his martial ability made him much more formidable than the donor of his blood. That and his demon form was tailor-made to cause widespread damage in an instant. I put him at 'A+'.

Kalua's been the only S-class vs S-class fight Moka's really had. What saved Moka was that she pinpointed/knew Kalua's weakness and attacked it - hard. When fighting an opponent who has more power that her, Moka switches to tactics rather than trying to overwhelm them, which is suicide and she knows at least that much. The overpowering bit is a bad habit she has against less-ranked foes but she's a vampire and she's going to be haughty...
Old 2008-12-05, 15:23   Link #5948
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... I'd put Hokuto and Kuyo at S class... keep in mind that in Japanese lore, the fox spirit is considered very, very powerful. As for Hokuto, keep in mind that Moka was taking a ton of damage before Tsukune stepped in to help her out (though I have wondered if keeping the rosary on hindered her at all)

Those are at least my theories. Otherwise, we can only say that Gin at full power =S class, and of course Karua= s class (but that's a given as it is)

Old 2008-12-05, 15:33   Link #5949
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

By themselves, they are pushing at the S-class but for the overall power of the race that bred them, not really... Moka got hurt getting Tsukune out of the way, lowering her own speed as a result. She wasn't prepared for Hakuto's level of ferocity. If Moka had the transformation techniques, she probably could have beaten Hakuto without too much trouble, aside from the entire transforming bit. I'm thinking something like 'Nightmare Noise' - the attack from Soul Eater that their vampire used.
But then we might hear more about Moka being overpowered if she had that ability so...

Only the high level fire foxes have been called 'gods' but that doesn't mean that they are 'S-class'
Old 2008-12-05, 15:42   Link #5950
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

"gods" might as well equal s-class... or heck, even above. Maybe it's just because they're not originally Japanese, but I've yet to hear something along the lines of a vampire being revered as much as spirits are

... and I'm going to guess that all vampires are capable of transformation, but you actually have to learn how to do it, and either no one's willing to teach, or no one's willing to learn

Old 2008-12-05, 16:16   Link #5951
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Note. Still no projectile user among our vampires in R+V manga. Hmm... Ikeda must be probably balancing out the girls in terms of power. Where there's a little bias on Inner Moka.

If Gin had more air time and it's full moon I guess he's the most powerful among all of them even inner Moka since she can't catch up with Gin's speed. If only it where like dragon ball where Saiyans can create artificial mooons. lol. Reminds me alittle also of Gundam X/XX
Old 2008-12-05, 16:44   Link #5952
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh geez, like Gin really needs anything more - he's just lazy.

His 'Godspeed Grope' is just...godly - an auto-crit if it hits (pfft, when does it not) and you learn the opponents 'attributies' as well . 2x damage on female targets, who must make a will save throw of 20 or higher to avoid being 'stunned' for the next turn as well.
Old 2008-12-05, 16:56   Link #5953
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Yes, but it has one huge disadvantage- he can't stop after he does that (i.e., has to get far away very fast, and pray he isn't found), or else will receive three times the damage he inflicted (or even more)

Old 2008-12-05, 18:29   Link #5954
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Gin, volume 3:

"Vampires may have the strength... but we werewolves have the speed!"

Obviously, for a werewolf, their greatest strength is their speed. Gin landed quite a few hits on Kuyou because of fast he was going, and he seems able to stop himself pretty easily, so I don't think his biggest weakness is whether or not he can stop once he starts going.

Maybe it's more traditional. Just shoot him with a silver bullet and see what happens.
Old 2008-12-05, 19:03   Link #5955
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

A vampire's speed is nothing to snuff at. Even then a werewolf during a full moon has even greater speed, that should tell you something. Although the problem is a werewolves level of power is highly dependent on the moon phase. Its powers are never consistent.
Old 2008-12-05, 19:46   Link #5956
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well if Inner Moka is similar to Arcuied. Then Kalua is similar to Nrvnqsr Chaos...did I get the spelling correct? lol
Spelling is right, I think... XD

But Nasuīs vampires are really overpowered due her orgin...
For Example, R+V-Vampires canīt create Marble Phantasmn or Reality Marbles and arenīt so hard to kill! (Chaos is a collective being out 666 Beasts, you must kill all to defeat him... And Arc is literally un-killable at her pinnacle.)

And of course... Tsukune must go a loooong way before his Ghoul mode can be compared with Shikiīs Nanaya mode.

R+V-Vampire has following ablities until now:

- An aweful and dominating aura
- "Aura-to-Strength": Convert Youki in physical strength.
- Strong heal factor
- Can transform humans
- Afterimages

Kahlua demonstrated, too:

- "Power of wealth": Can transform her own body
- "Undying Body": Doesnīt feel any pain and can fight until they die!

Also the three sister possessed a considerable amount of pychological quirks:

- Kokoa = schizophrenia
- Moka = Multiple personality
- Kahlua = No idea, how you can call this...

Further "weaknesses":

1. Water (Very big)
2. Silver bullets (informed, but never seen)
3. Holy items
Old 2008-12-06, 01:54   Link #5957
Vikitehwaffu

Type-moon vampires could wipe out the entire school by themselves. Not really fair.

Arc has marble phantasm which is basically reality control.
And even the non vampire beings are powerful. A powerful magician stopped the moon from crashing, didn't they?
And Aoko is a beast with magic blasting.
Zetretch created a sword that could gather mana from alternative universes, so you could draw magic out nearly unlimited with enough power to defeat the shadow beasts each time.
And for Roa, you have to wipe out all 666 beasts at the same time, otherwise the lives of the beasts would just come back and you have to start over.

On that note, Yukari got a slight power up with deadly telekinetic cards, but both her and Ruby are pretty weak. Ruby can't be helped though.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 02:24   Link #5958
kagato3

Look at it this way. In MMO terms Vampires are tanks,all their power goes into their Str and HP. Werewolves are the thief type class favoring speed for Str and HP, Gin with out the moon was still as fast as Moka granting why they are still S class even when there is not a full moon but when there is they are untouchable. the Fox Spirits are classic Nukers not a lot of HP, avrage speed, and not that strong but they can pour on the damage and it's clear from the context that god level is way beyond S level.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 02:31   Link #5959
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Look at it this way. In MMO terms Vampires are tanks,all their power goes into their Str and HP. Werewolves are the thief type class favoring speed for Str and HP, Gin with out the moon was still as fast as Moka granting why they are still S class even when there is not a full moon but when there is they are untouchable. the Fox Spirits are classic Nukers not a lot of HP, avrage speed, and not that strong but they can pour on the damage and it's clear from the context that god level is way beyond S level.
Not true, Tsukune has super speed as well. Theres been several "WTF?! When did he?!"
Old 2008-12-06, 04:38   Link #5960
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
Arc has marble phantasm which is basically reality control.
And even the non vampire beings are powerful. A powerful magician stopped the moon from crashing, didn't they?
And Aoko is a beast with magic blasting.
Zetretch created a sword that could gather mana from alternative universes, so you could draw magic out nearly unlimited with enough power to defeat the shadow beasts each time.
And for Roa, you have to wipe out all 666 beasts at the same time, otherwise the lives of the beasts would just come back and you have to start over.
Spoiler:

Quote:
On that note, Yukari got a slight power up with deadly telekinetic cards, but both her and Ruby are pretty weak. Ruby can't be helped though.
So it seems. But if you think about it, then Ruby should be more powerful.
She could fly, attack enemies with this tentacle-like things from her wings, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Not true, Tsukune has super speed as well. Theres been several "WTF?! When did he?!"
Thatīs true and his punches are way too fast to catch!
You can easily avoid them by predicting their ways, but donīt try to block them... Doppelgaenger-chan can tell you why...

So I think Tsukune can learn Afterimages...

For MMO comparisons:

The group doesnīt really work like a RPG-Party, everyone does that he/she can/ want to do.

But if I had to suggest a battle formation, I would put the vampires at the front, Mizore and Kurumu at the center and the witches at the rear.

All vampires seems to be close-range-fighters, so their position is obvious.

Mizoreīs ability is incredible creative. She can create distractions, close-range attacks, middle-range attacks and she can bound her enemies at the ground.

And of course, Kurumu can fly and because of this she is pretty agile.
Therefore she is perfect for flank attacks...
And there are her many talents, too, which work perfect for crowd control:
For example "Allure" for male opponents and "witchcraft" which is really close to a Reality Marble.
Oh, and then she possesses a very good sixth sense...

And Ruby and Yukari may not have the most strength, but their magic seems to be able to do EVERYTHING!

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire