AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-05, 16:03   Link #5461
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Saki just got licensed in English by Yen Press: https://twitter.com/debaoki/status/617768840991109120

I would have never, ever thought this was possible. But I'm super glad it did happen! I'll definitely be getting this. I just hope it sells well enough for them to license Shinohayu too, since I like Shinohayu much more than the main series these days.
Okay ... thread title prefix updated.
Old 2015-07-06, 00:37   Link #5462
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Saki just got licensed in English by Yen Press: https://twitter.com/debaoki/status/617768840991109120

I would have never, ever thought this was possible. But I'm super glad it did happen! I'll definitely be getting this. I just hope it sells well enough for them to license Shinohayu too, since I like Shinohayu much more than the main series these days.
If it's a physical release and we get the extras that come with them, I'll be a happy happy person.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 12:54   Link #5463
Chitanda Eru

Spoiler for Chap 145:
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 17:26   Link #5464
The Green One

It seems to be a recurring theme with Saki in high level matches that she'll struggle at first for a time before suddenly becoming unstoppable. We'll see how this plays out and if it's subverts it or not. I still think Kiyosumi is still a lock in for at least 2nd place due to good old plot armor but we'll see how this comes about.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 18:36   Link #5465
tsunade666

hmm Saki still has mental or confidence? problem. When there is problem in front of her, she is easy to get scared or stuck.

She needs nodoka's warm embrace to get her energy/confidence back.
Old 2015-07-16, 23:40   Link #5466
Chitanda Eru

Now Sawaya is the one I expect the most. I really like her ability and her personality. we still don't know what else she can do but her Phoenix is awesome. I guess that kind of ability that will not lose away when she keeps winning.
Taking the first place seems to be impossible for Sawaya, but the second is not a big problem.
Spoiler for chap 145:
Old 2015-07-17, 01:44   Link #5467
Narumin

I don't understand why Ritz still not make Saki's mental character development better than this. I am very pungent that Ritz drops it again. I want Saki to recover her mind and game by herself more than Nodoka's help during the break. It doesn't make sense for me. I am very disappointment and angry about this ,and hope Saki will recover it and return some points before the break.

If I am Ritz , I will create Saki's personality to be very cool , enjoys taking advantage and claims that she dislikes very boring match and annoying-looking players who she can say sarcastically under her poker face about their manners just like Koromo in the Nagano tournament or Awai who makes wide eyes with black aura.

Example from the final Nagano tournament
Koromo : Kiyosumi. Do you really think you can make a comeback?
Saki (making a poker face) : Urusai...Annoying...Amae Koromo, 5th player of Ryuumonbuchi. Please lose now. I will go to the nationals.

Or after Nelly got rinshan kaihou in the previous chapter
Saki : It's rinshan kaihou. I think this match isn't boring anymore~

Last edited by Narumin; 2015-07-17 at 03:03.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 05:21   Link #5468
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumin View Post
I don't understand why Ritz still not make Saki's mental character development better than this. I am very pungent that Ritz drops it again. I want Saki to recover her mind and game by herself more than Nodoka's help during the break. It doesn't make sense for me. I am very disappointment and angry about this ,and hope Saki will recover it and return some points before the break.

If I am Ritz , I will create Saki's personality to be very cool , enjoys taking advantage and claims that she dislikes very boring match and annoying-looking players who she can say sarcastically under her poker face about their manners just like Koromo in the Nagano tournament or Awai who makes wide eyes with black aura.

Example from the final Nagano tournament
Koromo : Kiyosumi. Do you really think you can make a comeback?
Saki (making a poker face) : Urusai...Annoying...Amae Koromo, 5th player of Ryuumonbuchi. Please lose now. I will go to the nationals.

Or after Nelly got rinshan kaihou in the previous chapter
Saki : It's rinshan kaihou. I think this match isn't boring anymore~
I agree with you. Ritz is doing badly in Characters development. Saki said the more her opponents are strong the more she is happy. But now she is crying because her opponents are too strong @___@. Ritz should make Saki is enjoying her battle or at least don't make her cry like that. What a fail-old-plot for Saki! Strong opponents --> crying --> Nodoka comes and cheer her up --> Saki is in monster mode +__+

Last edited by Flower; 2015-07-17 at 15:13. Reason: No such links...EVER
Old 2015-07-17, 09:32   Link #5469
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
I agree with you. Ritz is doing badly in Characters development. Saki said the more her opponents are strong the more she is happy. But now she is crying because her opponents are too strong @___@. Ritz should make Saki is enjoying her battle or at least don't make her cry like that. What a fail-old-plot for Saki! Strong opponents --> crying --> Nodoka comes and cheer her up --> Saki is in monster mode +__+
I see this differently.

Saki gets startled easy, that's true. Every time an opponent makes a move, she shows her emotions (which is a good thing in my opinion, Saki is not a robot). Suehara is even using this trait of Saki's personality as a "danger detector". But for Saki that's part of what "having fun playing mahjong" means. The point is that Saki is strong but her opponents are strong too. The stronger they are, the more fun she has. That's because Saki needs to worry about the strength and abilities of her opponents and find ways to counter them, which she always does. On the contrary, breezing through a match where she's 100 times stronger than her opponents is not fun at all. This is not limited to Saki, many players have more fun playing against challenging opponents that make them suffer to win.
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 09:33   Link #5470
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

From the raws I thought she was crying because her signature move was stolen again? In fact she was thanking Maho and Hisa in her head because otherwise she would have been unprepared for this.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 00:03   Link #5471
The Green One

Chapter is translated and out. Saki's troubles continue as Usuzan hits everyone with an 8000 all hand.
Old 2015-07-19, 03:38   Link #5472
Chitanda Eru

At the end of the chapter, is sawaya using two kamui at once? If Sawya has a yakuman tsumo or a sanbaiman direct on Kyouko she will be in the 2nd place. However, I don't think it will be that fast. It could be another haneman/baiman tsumo or Nelly will deal in since Kyouko will defend because of Saki reaction.

p/s: Sanbaiman is very rare in this seri while Yakuman is more usual. If I don't remember wrong, There has been only 2 sanbaiman, 1 was from Hisa in training camp and the other was from Jindai of Esui in the match with Yuuki in the quater
Old 2015-07-19, 06:51   Link #5473
The Green One

Poor Saki has no poker face at all.
Old 2015-07-19, 07:05   Link #5474
ices
Working Hard

^ well, that's a natural reaction when you see ghost/monster... lol
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 07:36   Link #5475
Narumin

As Saki's fan , other three players will be beaten by her. He who laughs last , laughs longest.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 19:20   Link #5476
King-Slayer

Sawaya isn't messing around and has one of the best visual powers in the series. Also Hisa is very good when it comes to training her girls.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 09:42   Link #5477
Peanutbutter

I do hope the eventual curbstomp by Saki comes, and it better be more awesome than those we have seen so far.

Although I also hope the only person not surprised by it will be Teru.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 07:04   Link #5478
Marina2

Shinohayu time!

Spoiler for Next Shino's opponents!:

Spoiler for What happened afterward....:
Old 2015-07-25, 11:58   Link #5479
The Green One

^ Is the match over or is that just the present status of the match? Shino is doing quite well either way.
Old 2015-07-25, 13:16   Link #5480
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
^ Is the match over or is that just the present status of the match? Shino is doing quite well either way.
Not sure but It seems so.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri