AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do You Like Ponytails?
Yes 39 65.00%
No 21 35.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-07, 20:03   Link #21
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Male or female, as long as it's kept neat, it looks rather nice IMO. But it seems there are so many guys (and girls, come to think of it) who have long hair just because they're lazy and don't want to cut it, and it looks like they never wash it and really, it just looks *gross*.

For girls... I'm a big fan of two ponytails. I'm thinking of growing my hair out long again so I can achieve that bouncy two ponytail look.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 20:28   Link #22
Lost

Well, I wandered into this thread innocently thinking it was a discussion on whether we guys liked ponytails on girls. Then I find out that we're talking about men-ponytails and that Skane keeps (well, kept) a ponytail. Personally, I wouldn't keep a ponytail, but a decent, simple ponytail on a girl is oh so awesome. (Totally agree with Kyon)

Anyway, Skane, my condolences, hope the sprained neck heals soon.

And, Skane and TinyRedLeaf, I also going aRh-mee, somemore so soon. Wah lao, si bei sian lor. Shld create NS thread to kao bei kao bu orh not?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 21:58   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Perhaps I need to remind folks that this is an English language forum, not a Singlish language forum. And the topic is what it feels like to loose a lot of hair, not Singlish. The fact that Skane is Singaporean is completely irrelevant.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 22:13   Link #24
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Yikes. Yes, the warning is noted. The Singlish crept in only as an expression of solidarity for all our valiant guys-in-green (or soon-to-be in green). All in good fun, and no offence intended.

In any case, it's pretty clear that my vote is a solid NO ponytails for guys -- it's very "yesterday". That's my opinion only, of course. I'll admit I'm not a fashion guru, but if recent fads are anything to go by, a clean-shaven, well-cropped head of hair is more appealing to women than a man in a ponytail (when did you last see George Clooney, Jude Law or Pierce Brosnan in ponytail.....?). Better yet, go bald, ala Captain Jean Luc Picard/Patrick Steward or Morpheus/Lawrence Fishburne -- very very manly and virile.

As for ponytails on girls, how can I argue with Kyon? He's god as much as Haruhi is my goddess.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 04:37   Link #25
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The poll is about ponytails in general. Not just for men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Meh... I don't like them. Not on men and not even on women.
"Heresy! Burn the blasphemer!"

j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
~
offponytailtopic, how long you'll be leaving?
Two sessions. The first one is 11 days, while the second one is about 3 weeks.

I just got to "love" our system. I consider my NSF-term to be very "varied" as I was vocation-hopping a lot (I could probably write a book about it ). Without naming specific camps, I have been posted in Anti-Terrorism Intelligence (best seven months of my service), Regimental Policemen (worst period of my service), RSM Clerk (shortest period of my service), General Storemen (slackest period of my service), etc... and now... and now for the life of me, they decided to put me in YET another DIFFERENT vocation.

120mm Artillery...

All the Chief Clerks give me inquisitive looks everytime I show them my "blue book". I'm probably one of the few people who actually fill more than half the damn book within a year.

Good grief! Are they trying to make me the "Jack of All Trades" or something? The closest I ever associated with Arty was touching 120mm shells as a storeman, or visiting the neighbouring Arty-camp when I was training to be a RP. By what twisted logic did they decide to put me in a session in which I have never trained for before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Brainless CMPB Clerk
"Hey! Where shall we post this guy this time? Let's throw darts again to decide!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Tsk tsk tsk. Why back in the day, we used to arrest people for long hair -- don't you know only gangsters keep ponytails?

Aiyah, one year one time onri, kao bei kao bu for wat? At least you only need to serve until 40-years-only nia. I after 40 still lan lan have to serve in MR (yah, because I am ngeng tiao wat, wat to do). My advice hor, dun skip the high key ICTs. Quickly serve finis seven years then can relac liao.

Only in aRh-mee is promotion considered punishment.
Ah, the joys of being the next generation. You bitch about mine, I bitch about theirs.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-09, 09:14   Link #26
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
I like them on some people. Not on me. I don't really like to put my hair up much because I don't like my ears. Also with ponytails I don't like it when I lean back in a chair or something and have this huge bump in the way. Really I think it depends on the person. Some people look good with a ponytail, some don't.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 09:19   Link #27
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

But isn't a llama looks cute with a pontytail? =3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 13:36   Link #28
Lordshin
(´・ω・`)/ 

Yeah ponytails look good only on some people... but overall i like them xD

But sux for the OP... i know people who have gone from Long hair to practically bald and they really dont like it cuz they feel like a big part of them is missing xD
Lordshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 14:57   Link #29
ibreatheanime

I think ponytails look great on a lot of people. However I have a friend who has worn her hair in a ponytail nearly everyday of her life. One day she wore her hair down, and her hair actually had a ponytail holder line. *cringe*

I however have had short hair my whole life so I could never wear a ponytail.
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 15:28   Link #30
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordshin View Post
Yeah ponytails look good only on some people... but overall i like them xD

But sux for the OP... i know people who have gone from Long hair to practically bald and they really dont like it cuz they feel like a big part of them is missing xD
When I was younger I had hair down to my butt; I chopped it all off and donated it. It does feel like something's missing, but at the same time... you actually can feel a breeze on your neck again. O_O I've been keeping my hair short, but I think it's about time I grow it long again. :3
Old 2007-05-10, 07:27   Link #31
gin-3
who am i?

i dont like ponytail on men, feels weird. but i like see girls with it.
gin-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 11:15   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
I think ponytails look great on a lot of people. However I have a friend who has worn her hair in a ponytail nearly everyday of her life. One day she wore her hair down, and her hair actually had a ponytail holder line. *cringe*

I however have had short hair my whole life so I could never wear a ponytail.
I have a friend just like that too. She took her hair down once, and it looked pretty, but it had a straight-hair area (above the tie) and a curly-hair area (below the tie). She has naturally wavy hair, so it looked kinda funny.
Old 2007-05-12, 09:10   Link #33
iluvnuriko
Red dream of catastrophy

Send a message via MSN to iluvnuriko
Ponytails on guys i Don't dig.
Most girls here wear ponytails of all shapes and sizes....literally! And rite now i'm wearin one too. Although i make it a policy to never sleep in a ponytail......it hurts my head.
iluvnuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 19:56   Link #34
crystar
*yawns*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
And here I thought only South Korea was the country that made you serve the military for at least two years. Man, aren't I an ignorant bastard?

For me, as long as the ponytail style fits the person, I don't mind it at all. Whether it be on a man or a woman, if it fits, don't change it.
I forgot what country but I heard someone mention to me how his country requires you to serve for 3 years. I think it was somewhere in Europe if I'm not mistaken.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 00:45   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

All you young people whining about ponytails on guys ... get offa my lawn

Seriously... I've been in and out of style so many times I lost count. I've worn shoulder length hair for 35 years (put into a ponytail when needed). Never affected any job I've had either (but then I avoided stupid corporate cultures... or at least stuck to ones stupid in different ways). The worst I've been told is that I look like a barbarian

<shrug> any hairstyle is fine ... just don't make fun of someone else's choice.

My wife has butt-length black hair and will wear a ponytail... but I love it when she wears twin-tails.
Old 2007-05-14, 02:00   Link #36
Lost

I don't really like twin-tails - I think it feels to me to be too school-girlish almost. Hehe I wonder what a man with twin-tails would look like...
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 02:53   Link #37
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I don't really like twin-tails - I think it feels to me to be too school-girlish almost. Hehe I wonder what a man with twin-tails would look like...
Seriously uncool .. Really

>_<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 17:51   Link #38
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I don't really like twin-tails - I think it feels to me to be too school-girlish almost.
...Which is why I love them. They're very cute, definitely not something you'd expect to see a hard-ass, feminist woman wear.

And I have seen guys wear two ponytails as a joke... they got minus 1,000 masculinity points from me.
Old 2007-05-14, 18:00   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've worn "native american" style tails before (e.g. braided like Willie Nelson) but a free-style twin-tail just looks hilariously goofy (on me at least). Its just much better looking on the women, the longer the better
Old 2007-05-14, 18:06   Link #40
arias

Skane, how often is reservist training? I was brought up in Singapore but I never needed to go for NS so I'm not sure. Anyway, having a lighter head must feel good ; ) Next time just keep a short hairstyle.

Plus, I love ponytails. But.. man..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote