AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2007-03-22, 00:34   Link #1621
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It isn't licensed, though, and I'm not sure if we should expect it anytime soon either. Maybe some day... If it were licensed though, I don't think it would ever air on U.S. TV. Not sure the average viewing public is ready for something like that quite yet.
Yeah. Sorry. I was wrong. I tripped over my thoughts when I was posting due to exhaustion.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 00:36   Link #1622
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Yeah. Sorry. I was wrong. I tripped over my thoughts when I was posting due to exhaustion.
Haha - no problem. Hope you can get some rest soon.

There are a lot of people who would really like to see Kanon licensed, though, even though it's rumoured to be very expensive. Assuming anyone were daring enough to try it, could afford it, and it were agreed to by TPTB in Japan, I wonder whether they'd try for AIR or Kanon first? Hmmm... oh well. Wait and see.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 01:04   Link #1623
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm going to *guess* Kanon would be considered more "accessible" to western viewers (fairy tale) rather than AIR which (imo) requires a fair understanding of Buddhism and Shinto to have a better understanding of what is going on without a lot of research. Of course, thats a guess.
Honestly, though... I really don't see it being on any sort of broadcast/cable in the US for the foreseeable future.

All the Key-based productions apparently are priced so high to license, that it may just be a nice way of saying they're really not interested in overseas. However .... KyoAni may be interested enough (especially depending on how SHnY does) to peel away some of that crust.
Old 2007-03-22, 07:25   Link #1624
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

On a side note, if a miracle does occur (bad pun, I know ), and Kanon gets licensed, who do you think will be the VAs for the characters?

Well, personally I'm almost 100% certain of one thing; Crispin Freeman will be Yuuichi. I mean, this guy does Kyon.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 10:42   Link #1625
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm going to *guess* Kanon would be considered more "accessible" to western viewers (fairy tale) rather than AIR which (imo) requires a fair understanding of Buddhism and Shinto to have a better understanding of what is going on without a lot of research. Of course, thats a guess.
Yeah, I'd agree with that logic. On the other hand, the lower episode count probably works in Air's favour (since it'd probably be a cheaper license accordingly), so it's really hard to say. And yeah, I agree that the fact that it's a Kyoto Animation production also works in its favour. So we'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:39   Link #1626
sakuravs

Just happen to rewatch a Kanon promo video today, and I don't remember seeing any scene like this in the series, especially the last one. Do you?

what an interesting thing why they cut it...
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 18:31   Link #1627
Raniie

It was mentioned and discussed over in the episode 24 thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=356
Raniie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:45   Link #1628
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
I had no idea where to put this, but I thought I'd share a clip I found on youtube. It's a fandub for the first scene in Kanon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RTeXr4iCyPk

I think it's really well done for a fandub and actually wouldn't mind them being the official voices if there really were a dub for Kanon.
ayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 21:02   Link #1629
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayako View Post
I had no idea where to put this, but I thought I'd share a clip I found on youtube. It's a fandub for the first scene in Kanon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RTeXr4iCyPk

I think it's really well done for a fandub and actually wouldn't mind them being the official voices if there really were a dub for Kanon.
um...wow. If "professional" dubs were like this, much of my complaints would vanish. These people actually have voices that *fit* their parts. Whoever is playing Nayuki has hit the target on a blend of east/west. The guy is 90% spot on -- it'd be interesting to hear him try some of the more emotive parts (we don't get to hear if he has some of the gruffer tones that Sugita can produce under stress)

Like I keep saying .... the studios keep going back to the same dry well when there is a lot of loose talent out there they could be developing.
Old 2007-03-23, 21:30   Link #1630
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
um...wow. If "professional" dubs were like this, much of my complaints would vanish. These people actually have voices that *fit* their parts. Whoever is playing Nayuki has hit the target on a blend of east/west. The guy is 90% spot on -- it'd be interesting to hear him try some of the more emotive parts (we don't get to hear if he has some of the gruffer tones that Sugita can produce under stress)

Like I keep saying .... the studios keep going back to the same dry well when there is a lot of loose talent out there they could be developing.
Seconded all all accounts.

We need samples of all the girls now
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 21:31   Link #1631
Raniie

Hmm I got shivers when listening to that. The guy's voice is slightly a little too deep for Yuuichi's voice. The female voice is quite good for Nayuki, tho. Almost fitting, but the whole thing still gave me shivers. XD
Old 2007-03-24, 02:33   Link #1632
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Damned. Hot damned. That IS Yuuichi. That IS Nayuki.

I wish more dubs were like this.....they were practically channeling Tomokazu Sugita and Kouda Mariko, respectively.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 11:07   Link #1633
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I may have to find some way to snap this to keep as proof that dubs *can* be done well anytime someone complains to me that I'm whining about yet another failed professional dub.
Old 2007-03-25, 19:56   Link #1634
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. I see we have one of the fandubs out here in these parts. They're rare, but there are a few more out there in the net world. Heh heh.
Old 2007-03-29, 18:04   Link #1635
Meophist

The thought just came to me. The story of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is kinda simiilar to Kanon in style, isn't it?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 20:00   Link #1636
kohakuslayer
River Spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to kohakuslayer Send a message via MSN to kohakuslayer Send a message via Yahoo to kohakuslayer
Can anyone help me please? There's a really good song in Kanon 2006 anime series and I have trouble locating the name of that song. It's episode 15, when Mai is jumping from the roof to slay the last demon (8min 21sec or something). The waltz song kinda, but it's episode 15 on Kanon 2006. If anyone can give me the title or album, I would gladly appreciate it thanks.
kohakuslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 01:43   Link #1637
Raniie

Kanon OST ~Best Arranged Album~ Lia - "shoujo no ori"

Quite a few of the tracks from that album is used in the series. And that OST is truly one of the "Best Arrange Album" for Kanon.

Edit: Guess I was late, just notice Bloody Nightingale answered it for you in the other thread. See, this is what happens when you post the same thing in multiple threads!

Last edited by Raniie; 2007-03-30 at 01:54.
Old 2007-03-30, 01:58   Link #1638
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
Edit: Guess I was late, just notice Bloody Nightingale answered it for you in the other thread. See, this is what happens when you post the same thing in multiple threads!
I answered his question in the Q&A thread before I realise Bloody Nightingale answered him too.
Then I see this thread, seems like he triple cross-posted. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:09   Link #1639
Raniie

Nah, he quad-posted.

This thread
Q&A thread
OST thread
Episode 15 thread

=_=;
Old 2007-04-07, 03:36   Link #1640
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

And he was bugging me about it at school too!!!
Wonder how many "posts" does that count LOL

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen