Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 14:46   Link #81
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
i searched and couldn't find thread about this manga. i like it so far! but somehow i can't find any site that have this manga translated *english* T_T..
Are you sure?
http://www.xamayon.org

The site hasn't been stable lately, but we're up to chapter 20.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:30   Link #82
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

im looking for like officially translated version. i know some sites that have some mangas *including this manga* but i wanna actually buy the manga lol T_T but manga sites that was on stickies only have jap one and not the translated one *cries*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Are you sure?
http://www.xamayon.org

The site hasn't been stable lately, but we're up to chapter 20.
Old 2008-01-11, 00:49   Link #83
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
im looking for like officially translated version. i know some sites that have some mangas *including this manga* but i wanna actually buy the manga lol T_T but manga sites that was on stickies only have jap one and not the translated one *cries*
Oh, then there isn't any official English translation, unfortunately.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 19:27   Link #84
The Boy
Manly Member

So, anybody read "Lucky☆Star : Pocket Travelers"?

I recently came across what seems to be the spin off of lucky star that comp ace announced, but I'm not really sure. Why am I not sure?

Spoiler:
The Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:28   Link #85
Jintor

Since I never got an answer in the Q&A thread, I gotta question: Did Konata like all the Kyoto-animation stuff (Haruhi in particular) before they got their mitts on it?
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 00:42   Link #86
game2007

Want Pocket Travelers? The first chapter is here!
http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Lucky_S...vellers_1/198/
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 15:43   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Since I never got an answer in the Q&A thread, I gotta question: Did Konata like all the Kyoto-animation stuff (Haruhi in particular) before they got their mitts on it?
Basically, almost NONE of the anime references to other series are in the manga. About the main one I can think of is when Konata is pretending to be (o cripes, can't think of her name) while she's adjusting Tsukasa's bow, and shirt, and flaps, and weirding Kagami out. There's also some generic references when Kona's in "getto!" mode to Gundam-ish things and the like.

None of the Haruhi stuff is there, none of the anime-tenchou, no Shuffle! product placement, none... well you get the idea. The generic MMO *is* there (which is a play on Ragnarok Online or something similar).

All the actual "humor" is there (food-talk, glasses, torturing Kagami, and such). The beach trip is mostly offscreen in the manga so that was nice expanding that. Actually *being* at Comiket is mostly anime-only (but also nice). Actually visiting Kona's cafe is anime-only....

Actually, this isn't a rant against the placement.. just a lament that people *expecting* all the product placement and easter eggs may be disappointed in the manga. People expecting quirky humor and slice-of-modern-girl (and otaku) life will be pleased. The anime does well when it actually portrays events only mentioned or happening off-stage in the manga.
Old 2008-02-06, 15:25   Link #88
Dee Eon

Where Do Non-Manga Stories and FanFiction Fit In?

Hi!

Sorry if this is a misplaced question, but I'd like to know just where does pure text Lucky Star fan fiction fit in, like in FanFictionNet and other sites? I've never seen a "Light Novel" as defined in the anime world but by the description does text fan fiction count as these kinds of stories? I dunno. Just asking! Has anyone ever compiled a list of them from around the web? There might be some golden nuggets scattered out there!

Dee
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 16:23   Link #89
darksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Eon View Post
Hi!

Sorry if this is a misplaced question, but I'd like to know just where does pure text Lucky Star fan fiction fit in, like in FanFictionNet and other sites? I've never seen a "Light Novel" as defined in the anime world but by the description does text fan fiction count as these kinds of stories? I dunno. Just asking! Has anyone ever compiled a list of them from around the web? There might be some golden nuggets scattered out there!

Dee
Maybe I would go to the general discussion thread to see how others react, and if it would get enough attention I'd request for a new thread.
darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:18   Link #90
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksider View Post
Maybe I would go to the general discussion thread to see how others react, and if it would get enough attention I'd request for a new thread.
Thanks for the suggestion! Really appreciate your response, thanks!

Dee
Old 2008-02-24, 15:45   Link #91
Dee Eon

Pocket Travelers: Whimsical But Faithfully Lucky Star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy View Post
So, anybody read "Lucky☆Star : Pocket Travelers"?

I recently came across what seems to be the spin off of lucky star that comp ace announced, but I'm not really sure. Why am I not sure?

Spoiler:
LOL!!

When I first heard of "Pocket Travelers" the first thing that popped into my mind was like, What? A pocket edition of Lucky Star -- like a tiny manga book???

It's different alright, whimsical but faithfully enough Lucky Star to enjoy like the manga! I don't know whether the artist and writer are actual KA contributors, but kudos to them for a good read and I hope Chapter 2 isn't far behind!!

Thanks also to the great guys who scanned and translated this story for zero peso! Thanks a trillion you all!

But -- you know what would be so cool? If these manga and doujinshi stories were dubbed with separate audio files -- maybe even with special sound / music effects to spice up your read! So cool!!!

Dee
Dee

Last edited by Dee Eon; 2008-02-24 at 16:48. Reason: spelling
Old 2008-02-25, 07:07   Link #92
Dee Eon

Pocket Travelers Chap 1 Critiques:

Pocket Travelers Chap 1 Critiques:

The Bear Fact:

I don't know whether it was missed in translation or a script oversight, but the punchline for the gag about Tsukasa's "stuffed bear" was lost since it wasn't mentioned that it was really a cell phone charm from the get-go. I found that out somewhere else!

Does rain have any mystical significance in Japanese culture like for transformations?

From what anime/mange do Konata's figures come from?

Wonder if Konata also has Barbie whose wardrobe Tsukasa might like too?

Lol! I was kinda hoping Konata, as poor stunned Yu-chan was crashing down, would've yelled "TIMBER!!!!!"

Dee
Old 2008-02-26, 18:34   Link #93
Joe1991

Send a message via MSN to Joe1991
why is nobody licensing this , maybe it will happen after the DVD's are released
Joe1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 04:33   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's quite possible... I'm sure the manga publishers are going to keep an eye on R1 sales or at least the buzz if they're not already making proposals.
Old 2008-02-28, 08:12   Link #95
Dee Eon

Pocket Travelers Chap 2 Critiques & Kudos

iPhone grabbed the scanlation late last night at beddie time. Thanks S3 for the good read!!

Highlights:

Seeing Konata standing in Yu-chan's cupped hands soo cute! I wanna Kona doll!!

The arcade game scene with Konata and Kagami acting out as Yu-chan's hands on the sly is just precious, and I dunno, but why does it ring of an (old?) anime I can't remember?

Love the stunned scene when Patty and Hiyori catch a terminally angst Tsukasa laid out in the UFO Catcher dump chute! (and our coward queen trying to get scarce!)

Too bad Konata has to worry about getting crushed by her dad (and maybe more in the very worst way!) instead of getting help from him!

Like the bathtub scene passing for a sauna chat, but don't know whether I'd use that cup after Konata's done with it!

Now my peeves! (hey, I can nit-pick if I'm a fan, right??)...

Spoiler for Pocket Travelers 2:

All this said and done, the really cute "Behind The Scenes At S3" panel made me wonder; asides scanlation and typesetting, whether S3's (or others) have ever given a thought of creating their own parallel rewrite or redraw of some scenes taking a more logical or sensible dialog than the original translation. For example, in the last panel of CH2_04, instead of Miyuki saying "This is very troubling," she can say; "Well, I do seem to recall Kona-chan mentioning a curse with the figures..." And in CH2_05 she continues; "Maybe there's something to that myth..." and in CH2_06 Konata comments in the last panels, "You're right. See, I was searching for the bouquet that would've completed these figures and satisfied their mystic spirits instead of incurring their wrath, but I couldn't find it." Kagami; "Gee, maybe you just never bought it, ever thought of that, Sherlock?" Miyuki: "Then the solution's obvious!" Konata: "Yea, we go shopping for another!!!' and yada yada...

Sorry for running wild off like that, but just had to add my two yen!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Dee
Old 2008-03-09, 15:45   Link #96
Dee Eon

Wanted: LS Parody Manga Cultural/Anime Referencer! (FUN!)

Hi All!

I'm on my way killing travel time 'tween school and work by drafting up the lines on my iPhone for a minimum fifty panel online manga for LS sites like this one to freely feature. The whole Godzilla's being done by and for -- like Kona-chan said -- "for Love!" with zero penny or yen in the way. I really want a hi-quality read here, with an ambience more like a sassier "Pocket Travelers" than the more "PC" Lucky Star manga and Satsujin Jiken, and to give you an idea where it's at, the working title is "Kona In Tronland"...

Yea, break out all 'em rusty VCRs if you can find the video!!

Anyway, after some really talented gallery art guys here and on other LS forums answered my request, I've one committed gent on DWind who did me one awesome slam bang sketch of Kona-Tron and believes he could shoehorn time to put script to panels tentative to August (but his feet aren't in concrete and his feelings won't be hurt if someone could leapfrog him on this). Sticker: He'd rather finish the whole thing THEN upload it to sites in one take, though I'd prefer releasing strips in installments over months, but we'll see.

So much for the art side, but I'm also seeking not just a dialogue critiquer but someone Jap/anime knowledgeable to help plant obscure cultural/amine references into the lines and storyboard (bound to be fun messing with reader heads like that!) . So anyone who thinks they're able to swing it just post me your interest here or zap me at dee_eon@mac.com!

Thanks!

Dee
Authoress of "Kanata: Totally Dead??" and "Kanata's Dream"

P.S.: I was going to also post this on the Generic Discussion thread to max exposure to you guys, but don't wanna get slammed for double posting!
Old 2008-03-20, 10:30   Link #97
Dee Eon

Pocket Travelers 2 Critiques & Kudos

Hi All!

Well, I finally found out why Yu-chan's crazy video game scene felt so mysteriously familiar like I'd glimpsed something just vaguely like it somewhere some time ago, and it's name is Voltron!

It's interesting that the quad didn't shrink down to normal proportions (i.e. Miyuki) but instead resemble chibi dolls, so this curse/hex has a real impish bent!

Just a thought, but does anyone sense by the manga writing style and tone that it's really another writer doing Pocket Travelers and not Yoshimizu Kagami?

Oh, an out of the park question; can Photoshop be used to colorize the PT scanlations? (hint, hint!) Thanks!

First full draft of "Kona In Tronland" doujinshi's completed (look to September+ release unless artist changes), but just want a sampling of hands of whether most fans would like a story more canon than racy.

Dee
Old 2008-03-21, 12:04   Link #98
Dee Eon

Hi All!

I'm told that the Pocket Travelers 3 raw has been bought and being scanned! Yippee!

While we wait, I'd like to play a kind of "creative editing" game, where you mentally replace the panel's dialogue your own take of the scene or for a better translation or just to make better logical sense - which is my beef because I have issues with the hyper-chavalier way the girls are reacting to their situation. It's all for fun and not meant to upstage the original writer or translators!

Dee

Spoiler for My Re-Touch of Chap 3 Dialogue:
Old 2008-03-29, 19:18   Link #99
Dee Eon

Pocket Travelers Sneak Previews

Spoiler Alert!!

Interesting sneak peeks of future PT issues:

(Aw gosh, is Tsukasa too incredibly cute!!!)

http://www.raki-suta.com/img/src/1206758515277.jpg

http://www.raki-suta.com/img/src/1206758753985.jpg

http://www.raki-suta.com/img/src/1206758580600.jpg

Dee
Authoress of "Kanata: Totally Dead??" and "Kanata's Dream" and PPGZ's "Blueberry" and "Bunny Z"
Old 2008-04-05, 17:11   Link #100
Dee Eon

More Lucky☆Star Manga Chapters Now Online!

Hi All!

Just got an iPhone e-mail alert that a bunch of fresh LS manga scanlations are out of the oven! Chapters 18, 19, and 20 can be had at http://xamayon.org/star.php ! Thanks a trillion Xamayon!!

Yummy!!

Dee
Authoress of "Kanata: Totally Dead??", "Kanata's Dream", "Kanata Thawed", "Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret", and PPGZ's "Blueberry" and "Bunny Z"

Tags
comedy, licensed, seinen