AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-24, 06:47   Link #1
siGil

Something light to read... take my mind off things!

Going through bit of a rough time with personal life and work commitments... looking for something light hearted and positive to read /watch. Any suggestions ? ;D
Old 2012-01-24, 16:12   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Try Baka Test (about a schoolboy who has low grades and was sent to a low-level class because he saved a girl during exams, so he try stronger to do his best) and Moshidora (about a schoolgirl who accidentally found a baseball book and work it for the male baseball team).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-24, 16:52   Link #3
GreatTeacherKen

Anime/Manga

Aqua/Aria- Aqua is what the series was originally called and it went for ten chapters underneath that name before it changed to the more well known name Aria. The anime calls itself Aria.

Anyway this anime/manga series is about as heartwarming as it gets. It's very laid back, soothing, and life-affirming series with gorgeous scenery and likable characters.

Yotsuba&!- A very funny slice of life comedy manga. The protagonist Koiwai Yotsuba is really adorable too.
Old 2012-01-24, 19:06   Link #4
mecharobot

If you're going to read Aqua/Aria as opposed to watching it, I'd suggest finding the anime's OST from somewhere first and playing it in the background. I noticed my enjoyment of reading it being greatly enhanced that way. I'll definitely second this suggestion and it does still help me relax when I need to.

Other than that, maybe Natsume Yuujinchou. It might have a few moments of uneasiness, but as a whole it is quite heartwarming and easy to follow considering its episodic structure.
Old 2012-01-25, 01:51   Link #5
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Aqua/Aria, definitely. The most light-hearted and positive series ever.

Ouran High School Host Club is mostly positive and light-hearted as well.
Old 2012-01-25, 05:37   Link #6
siGil

yes i have watched all of ouran.. hopefully they will release a sequel or something

(in fact smoe of my friends tried to get me to go to manifest cosplaying as an ouran character but that never happened =P)

i'll look up aqua, cheers guys. more suggestions are welcome!
Old 2012-01-25, 06:38   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've only watched the anime version of Chi's Sweet Home, but it's definitely light-hearted and entertaining. (Okay, it actually has the occasional serious or emotional moment, too.) I believe it's adapted from a 4-koma manga.
Old 2012-01-26, 01:44   Link #8
siGil

also how about something that would make people laugh... im slightly older so can have mature work too ;D
Old 2012-01-26, 07:01   Link #9
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Try Tamayura : it's about a girl who loves taking pictures to her rural city with her camera and lives a ordinary life. It's directed by the same director of Aria (Junichi Sato) and has sweet, calm and meaningful ambiance.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-26, 09:27   Link #10
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Do you have a list of what you've seen already?
Old 2012-01-26, 09:29   Link #11
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Do you have a list of what you've seen already?
Is it just me, or do you talk to me ? If it's the latter choice, then I'm giving some titles in this thread that I haven't watched yet but only know the title, the character-design and the story !
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-26, 09:44   Link #12
siGil

ummmm.... comedy wise have seen school rumble... ouran... that kinda stuff.

other than that just the usual classics and guy series like evangel, gantz, berserk, blame, hellsing etc... dont really read shoujo or anything, got plenty of drama in life as it is XD

love life is going down for an all time low so looking for something to cheer me up a bit =P
Old 2012-01-26, 09:49   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by siGil View Post
also how about something that would make people laugh... im slightly older so can have mature work too ;D
Comedies about adults are rare. There are light-hearted episodes in Hataraki Man and Bartender; there are also more serious ones. Welcome to the NHK! (warning: dub only) is often quite funny, but the underlying story concerns young adults with serious psychological issues.

How about Nodame Cantabile? It has a mature perspective since it's about college-aged students attending a Tokyo conservatory. It's often funny, sometimes dramatic, sometimes romantic. You have your choice of medium, too -- originally a manga, it's been remade as both an anime and a live-action series. There are a couple of live-action movies, too.

Here are two other comedies in collegiate settings:
Moyashimon - a freshman can see microbes; hijinks ensue
Tatami Galaxy - follow link for both ANN's description and the anime stream itself

Finally if you're just looking for something funny, I'll recommend School Rumble. Again you have manga and anime versions available.
Old 2012-01-26, 15:08   Link #14
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Is it just me, or do you talk to me ? If it's the latter choice, then I'm giving some titles in this thread that I haven't watched yet but only know the title, the character-design and the story !
I was talking to siGil.
Old 2012-01-27, 05:25   Link #15
siGil

*thumbs up*

i'll start checking those out sensei, if i need more i'll return later ;]
Closed Thread