AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 14 21.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 29.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 15.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 23.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-16, 05:00   Link #21
zette

Not the best episode but it was interesting nonetheless with some really funny scenes. Seems like they're gonna focus more on the music aspect (hopefully) of the show in the next ep so that's nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Will we ever get to see what Mugi's mansion looks like?
Yeah I thought we'd finally get to see it this time, but alas that was not to be the case.
Old 2010-06-16, 05:34   Link #22
kitten320

I'm actually suprised that Mugi got so astonished by a car... shouldn't she have riden bunch of them by now?
Old 2010-06-16, 05:38   Link #23
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm actually suprised that Mugi got so astonished by a car... shouldn't she have riden bunch of them by now?
But she did never ride a car together with Sawako-chan-sensei... Or she just never sits on the front seat, like a real vip? Many possibilities!
Old 2010-06-16, 05:54   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In a bit of irony, in the mornings it usually only takes me 15 minutes to get from home to the hospital, however on the way home it took me one and a half fucking hours in the ridiculous Metro Manila traffic. The kicker? Car air conditioner was broken and the heat was sweltering outside and inside the car. I was probably seconds away from heatstroke when I got home.
Old 2010-06-16, 06:56   Link #25
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
But she did never ride a car together with Sawako-chan-sensei... Or she just never sits on the front seat, like a real vip? Many possibilities!
It's probably the smallest car she's ever ridden in. Or the first time that the driver isn't a chauffeur or driving passengers around as a profession (taxi or bus driver, for example). And obviously due to her reaction, her first time sitting in a front car seat, not to mention probably the first with a mechanical recline function (with incline(?) side effect--yes Mugi, you should only pull that lever if you are leaning against the backrest first). I'm sure the fancy expensive cars her family owns have reclining rear seats so she's familiar with those. Heck, it's probably the first time that she's looking through car windows that aren't tinted for privacy.
Old 2010-06-16, 07:08   Link #26
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Sawako must have got the royal treatment at Mugi's place
Old 2010-06-16, 07:12   Link #27
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

lol, retarded girls. XD Ritsu remember me of myself.

Azu nyan: objection!
Old 2010-06-16, 07:19   Link #28
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Average episode for me. Nothing too special. If it included us seeing Mugi's mansion then I guess it's another deal.
Old 2010-06-16, 07:40   Link #29
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Loved the ending. Granted, that was pretty much old news for anyone who's read the manga, but seeing it animated really gave it that "What a twist!" feeling.

Yep, I can really sympathize with the girls in this one. With all that sweat and the summer heat, I'd imagine that the instruments would be ruined pretty quickly (rusted strings, warped fretboards etc), and of course people would just simply drop from being too energetic (if that's even possible given said summer conditions) in the summer heat.

That said, I'd rather play the guitar/bass in the summer over the winter any time of the day - my fingers tend to get frozen pretty badly in the winter, but that's another story for another time...

Nine iced drinks out of ten.

--EDIT--

Not that I want to drag this off-topic, but I have noticed that someone's been voting "2" for each episode for at least a month now...
Old 2010-06-16, 07:52   Link #30
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well, it's not driven by a chauffer, it's not large, and it's not whatever make of motorcar that obscenely rich Japanese people drive.

OT: My first impression of this episode . . . meh. (pronounced: "It's an episode about how bloody hot it is in the clubroom. That's all? Oooh, the fan blew up . . . random violence always makes things better!") Hope it gets better when the subs come out.
Old 2010-06-16, 08:02   Link #31
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

the fan almost cut their heads off. I knew fangirls are dangerous.
Old 2010-06-16, 08:04   Link #32
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
oh

noooooooooooooo

you

didnt

ton-chan needs more screentime.
Old 2010-06-16, 08:23   Link #33
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Call it meh, but blame the source for that.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-16, 08:49   Link #34
kitten320

Well I don't really know what is "aweasome" in your opinion towards this show... it isn't fantasy and action but a daily life comedy, how can it suprise?
Something that probably might happen in everyone's life but here with a bit more comedy. So duno...
Old 2010-06-16, 09:13   Link #35
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
In a bit of irony, in the mornings it usually only takes me 15 minutes to get from home to the hospital, however on the way home it took me one and a half fucking hours in the ridiculous Metro Manila traffic. The kicker? Car air conditioner was broken and the heat was sweltering outside and inside the car. I was probably seconds away from heatstroke when I got home.
true =_= one reason why I don't want to go there nymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Sawako must have got the royal treatment at Mugi's place
tea and cakes! yay!
Old 2010-06-16, 09:25   Link #36
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

A thought just entered my head. Given that the girls returned the animal costumes to the drama club (via Sawako), I'm pretty curious as to how both Mio and Mugi had theirs available for this episode.

While playing instruments with gloves on is never a great idea, at least the result of their attempt to do so was funky, to say the least.
Old 2010-06-16, 09:50   Link #37
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
I'm pretty curious as to how both Mio and Mugi had theirs available for this episode.
I'm certain they never returned it in the first place. Our crew tends to put stuff off after all.

Quote:
HAH.
Old 2010-06-16, 10:10   Link #38
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
You know, I like episodes like this where it's just the girls and their little humorous, random shenanigans. The cute aspect of them interacting with one another is always fun to watch and brings a smile to my face.

Having a couple of episodes like this makes the series a bit dynamic in my opinion. Can't quite explain it, but somehow you get some kind of relaxing effect from episodes like this and you don't have to think as much as you're watching it... which I believe is appropriate at times. Overall an enjoyable relaxed episode.
Old 2010-06-16, 10:16   Link #39
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I'm certain they never returned it in the first place. Our crew tends to put stuff off after all.
Start of episode 2.
Old 2010-06-16, 10:35   Link #40
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just realized I posted a rant and not about the episode itself.

Man Ritsu is such a guy. She's probably the only one on the five who doesn't care if her skirt gets tossed and flung around, and she probably wouldn't bat an eyelash if she accidentally flashed someone. (hint hint)

As I said in my previous post I fully understand how the heat makes you just want to drop everything and do nothing. In this godforsaken tropical country of mine it's hot every day of the year, and sometimes especially during ward work it gets so hot that I can't stand talking to patients much less cross the street to the hospital.

Almost slightly pointless episodes like this are good from time to time. High school wouldn't be high school if people didn't be silly and complain about stuff.

Biggest point for me would probably be the preview for some damn reason. Sure it leads to yet another "training camp", but Yui saying it's their last training camp together and pondering if they'll still play together after graduating really drives home the point that their high school life is nearing its end.
Closed Thread