AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 20:54   Link #641
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For something at the school level, I think that Haruka/Honoka's leadership style is probably ideal. This isn't about competing in a cutthroat industry, it's about inspiring people to get off their butts to try to save their school, and hopefully have some fun and good times in the process.

For something like Idolm@ster, Iori's personality might be well-suited for a leadership role, since it is partly about competing in a cutthroat industry.

With LL vs. Idolm@ster, I honestly prefer LL, because character roles are much more distinct and well-defined in LL, imo. I like how you have our core trio of friends, an idol nerd in Niko, a serious (and seriously cute!) musician in Maki, someone who has dreamed all her life of being an idol, that someone's genki girl friend, and the Student Council President and her mysterious Tarot Card-reading Veep.

Not everybody starts off at the same place (i.e. all already being idols), so each character stands out in her own way from the very beginning, and I like that.
Old 2013-02-16, 21:09   Link #642
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

What I like is LL doesn't slap you in the face with the overly excessive moe blob stuff that Kyoani is known for.

*Takes out smoke pellets from Utility Belt*

INB4 upcoming hate mail.

I'm also a fan of Haruhi and Clannad to go along with the irony of saying all that with my mesmerizing Mio gif.

(HOVA!!! That is all.)

In my opinion, the girls here are more charming.

One more day until we see what's going on with Eri. I can't wait for that!

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-02-16 at 21:36.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 21:37   Link #643
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post

Wait what were we talking about again?

I heard someone was talking something about hating moeblobs but... is that person currently have a very nice animated avatar of Mio???

"Then again, maybe Eri already fulfils some of these roles seeing how she has been pulling strings behind the scenes by uploading videos of their dances."
Hahaha. I said this a few pages back but no one really said anything so I thought I was wrong in thinking this.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 21:46   Link #644
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Like i said, the irony. lol

< I keep this only because it's a sick pose that you wouldn't think a cute anime character would ever do.

There's a deeper meaning to if you just stare at it.

The cuteness of the character with a hardcore pose from a different musical genre opens a portal to the unknown.

The whole concept about it is amazing.

If it wasn't for that, I would have slapped a Lelouch avatar for all of eternity. Dat Geass Eye!

Back on topic, Eri is probably gonna be the one who gets them to the next level.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-02-16 at 22:05.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 00:03   Link #645
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
For something at the school level, I think that Haruka/Honoka's leadership style is probably ideal. This isn't about competing in a cutthroat industry, it's about inspiring people to get off their butts to try to save their school, and hopefully have some fun and good times in the process.

For something like Idolm@ster, Iori's personality might be well-suited for a leadership role, since it is partly about competing in a cutthroat industry.
I don't take issue with whether the Haruka-archetype would be ideal in the context of this show. I was projecting more of a hypothetical scenario about how the show would change if we had other personalities as the leader, especially since we haven't really seen idol-type anime having the quiet and unassuming type as the centre of the group. It would be interesting to see how it would go.

In any case, I am fairly sure that we will start seeing some competition from other schools. I think the girls performing on the big screen in the first episode will probably start evolving from μ's inspiration to becoming their rivals.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 00:49   Link #646
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I don't take issue with whether the Haruka-archetype would be ideal in the context of this show. I was projecting more of a hypothetical scenario about how the show would change if we had other personalities as the leader, especially since we haven't really seen idol-type anime having the quiet and unassuming type as the centre of the group. It would be interesting to see how it would go.
Well, I think the show would feel... a bit more intellectual, maybe? There would probably be a trade off of some high-octane zaniness for more nuanced characterization/smartness. I mean, with a quiet and unassuming type as the center of the group, you'd probably have some scenes where the other group members wonder about what she's planning, and saying things like "Don't worry, she'll come through - She may be a bit introverted, but she always has a great plan!"

Suppose Maki was leader of the group. Maki being a relatively private, down-to-Earth, and serious-minded person would cause other group members to wonder what she's planning, and things might be a bit more lowkey but sharply focused. It would be similar to how Hisa runs her mahjong club in Saki, I think.

Quote:
In any case, I am fairly sure that we will start seeing some competition from other schools. I think the girls performing on the big screen in the first episode will probably start evolving from μ's inspiration to becoming their rivals.
That would make for a very fitting and excellent climax, imo. So I hope you're right.
Old 2013-02-17, 02:02   Link #647
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I think this is a one cour series, so I don't think we'll get around to any sort of inter school rivalry. I think this is about the group origin, getting their feet on the ground, and then getting out to save the school.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 05:45   Link #648
Candyshark

I didn't want to twist frivolity's post. It is interesting to hypothesize how thing would be if someone else was the spearman of group but no matter how many times I think about it I arrive to conlusion that Honoka is a primary reason why LL group the way hey are.

Responsibility pressure can change people. Compared to RRR I could imagine Maki morphing something close to Nico/Ritsuko in terms of leadership and we know how good it went. Feeling pressure even though selfimposed rather than demanded from a group she would put girls under rigorous training. Maybe Umi could be same. Crying in the corner and being hysteric everytime goes wrong or someone messes up. I also imagine Maki be somewhat stern and reject certain ideas simply because they embarrassingly chidish or silly.

I personally don't like such lax, laid-back, my pace leaders as Hisa. It requeires a huge amount of respect to subordinate. And if I feel the leash is getting weak I just climb on people's head simply cuz I'm allowed to.

Meek personalities won't be even on radar in terms of authority and it would lead to some free spirits go anarchy mode. I totally imagine Hanayo saying: "Let us practice today >.<" just to get:"Yeah, yeah in five more minutes."

I'm not saying that Honoka is the ONLY possible leader but other hypothetical reigns could be very shortlived.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 06:36   Link #649
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I didn't want to twist frivolity's post. It is interesting to hypothesize how thing would be if someone else was the spearman of group but no matter how many times I think about it I arrive to conlusion that Honoka is a primary reason why LL group the way hey are.

Responsibility pressure can change people. Compared to RRR I could imagine Maki morphing something close to Nico/Ritsuko in terms of leadership and we know how good it went. Feeling pressure even though selfimposed rather than demanded from a group she would put girls under rigorous training. Maybe Umi could be same. Crying in the corner and being hysteric everytime goes wrong or someone messes up. I also imagine Maki be somewhat stern and reject certain ideas simply because they embarrassingly chidish or silly.

I personally don't like such lax, laid-back, my pace leaders as Hisa. It requeires a huge amount of respect to subordinate. And if I feel the leash is getting weak I just climb on people's head simply cuz I'm allowed to.

Meek personalities won't be even on radar in terms of authority and it would lead to some free spirits go anarchy mode. I totally imagine Hanayo saying: "Let us practice today >.<" just to get:"Yeah, yeah in five more minutes."

I'm not saying that Honoka is the ONLY possible leader but other hypothetical reigns could be very shortlived.
Nice analysis there.. Hope I could rep that..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 08:03   Link #650
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post

Fair enough, I would probably have come to the same conclusion as well that Honoka is the heart of the team that would teach the ducks to fly. It's somewhat part of the nature of the idol industry in Japan in that the audience seek characteristics similar to those possessed by Honoka, as seen in Takamina.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 08:12   Link #651
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Fair enough, I would probably have come to the same conclusion as well that Honoka is the heart of the team that would teach the ducks to fly. It's somewhat part of the nature of the idol industry in Japan in that the audience seek characteristics similar to those possessed by Honoka, as seen in Takamina.
Hey, she's cute and real to her feelings.... Glad they did not made her a tsundere...

That would be a disaster IMHO
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:20   Link #652
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-02-19 at 04:12.
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:40   Link #653
Natsu_
Yoroshiku ne!

Her new one side.
Natsu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 10:40   Link #654
gaiar31

Oppai Devil !!!!

momi momi momi
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:48   Link #655
kimpleng
Lurker

Moar breast groping.

kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 14:03   Link #656
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Spoiler for Quick Ep. 7 observation:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 15:49   Link #657
alunde
osananajimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I think the Idolmaster anime is nominally a bit more realistic in the picture of how idols are managed as a business, except that having such a little agency taking so many roles, may be a stretch. And the prior history of the game gives the characters some back-story, though it's kind of quirky.
Old 2013-02-17, 18:12   Link #658
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsu_ View Post

Her new one side.
I like this sudden twist on her personality.
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 19:53   Link #659
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsu_ View Post
Spoiler for LoveOppai-chan:

Her new one side.
Alala... you very best Nozomi-chan first Maki.... now Nico, Honoka and Rin
Old 2013-02-17, 21:07   Link #660
Enternal

About the whole leader thing, I think what they're trying to get at more is that Honoka is the type of leader that knows which member is good at what and allows them to shine. She pretty much takes the "gem" from everyone and actually put them on display and use. It works spectacularly for this group.

Anyway, I'm very curious about Eri and wonder what's she planning and... when she finally joins the group (YEAH!!). On another note, my goodness Nozomie's raep face is scary . Never knew she's the raeper of the group. Nico can no longer go "nico nico nico~" when she's around...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life