AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-20, 11:53   Link #141
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
God Yuri? Damn, i want to see an OVA about alternative universe when she accepted that deal.
I don't even like the Yuri-Haruhi comparisons but even I'm tempted to point it out...

Well anyway, it was glad to finally see that ridiculous 'Yuri is the real villian' theory go down the drain.
Old 2010-06-26, 07:33   Link #142
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The final episode killed Yuri x Hinata, and Yuri x Otonashi, then buried it and built a nuclear bunker on them. Shipping war over Yuri therefore have officially ended.

Any comment on Yuri x Kanade? They are now close friend, and Yuri is probably seen as a sister figures. Romance will be too early but I'm glad seeing them close. And we finally know why Yuri didn't pass on then, she need to apologize and share her feeling toward Kanade. That's why
Old 2010-06-26, 09:38   Link #143
Lukix
. . .

Quote:
The final episode killed Yuri x Hinata
At least there was a kind of chemistry between them in last ep, I liked that : D
Old 2010-06-26, 10:00   Link #144
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukix View Post
At least there was a kind of chemistry between them in last ep, I liked that : D
God Damn it... where is the awesome Hinata in the light novel.

Now he basically turned into Villager A whenever it comes to Yurippe....
Old 2010-06-27, 08:04   Link #145
Key Board
Carbon

reborn Kanade was obviously waiting for her date

that person was reborn Yuri, who is now a balding manly man

Thus the Yuri x Kanade ship reemerges
Old 2010-06-27, 11:20   Link #146
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
reborn Kanade was obviously waiting for her date

that person was reborn Yuri, who is now a balding manly man

Thus the Yuri x Kanade ship reemerges
Sorry i only believe in alternative world. So no "reborn" for me
Old 2010-06-27, 20:12   Link #147
Key Board
Carbon

bah, semantics...

it's all the same to me

fine then, it's an alternate world where Yuri is a balding manly man... with a fetish for global domination and time travel
Old 2010-06-27, 22:03   Link #148
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
bah, semantics...

it's all the same to me

fine then, it's an alternate world where Yuri is a balding manly man... with a fetish for global domination and time travel
I think I'll stick with the Yurippe looks like Haruhi bit.

Yurippe was cute in this last episode. I like how she said lets meet again somewhere before she disappeared. I also like how she reveal to Kanade that she wished to spend more time with her. Who knows maybe in this alternative universe they will be siblings or best friends.
Old 2010-06-27, 22:09   Link #149
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I love misotheistic characters. Something I can relate to. Ne?

Yuri was a pretty cool character. Though she did remind me of Haruhi too much. I find Haruhi very obnoxious, though. Yuri though... Is a lot more easy to relate to.

AND even if she was a balding bald manly man in the next life, Noda would continue to love her. Seriously, the guy is 200% Yurippe loyalty.

:< I want mah halberdood, too.
Old 2010-06-28, 01:42   Link #150
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I think I'll stick with the Yurippe looks like Haruhi bit.

Yurippe was cute in this last episode. I like how she said lets meet again somewhere before she disappeared. I also like how she reveal to Kanade that she wished to spend more time with her. Who knows maybe in this alternative universe they will be siblings or best friends.
If so, then the dream of a Otonashi x Yuri x Kanade may not be so unobtainable...XD
Old 2010-06-28, 03:39   Link #151
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
If so, then the dream of a Otonashi x Yuri x Kanade may not be so unobtainable...XD
Over my (and a bunches of hardcore fans') body

Seriously, Otonashi is only average (favourite) in my book. So he can have Iwasawa or Hisako and have a double wedding with Hinata and Yui later or something. But stay away from my Yuri, Kanade, Yusa, Irie and Sekine. They deserves someone better

The easiest and fastest solution is for all of them joining Yuri's harem. Bur then i'm dreaming too much...
Old 2010-06-28, 03:59   Link #152
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The easiest and fastest solution is for all of them joining Yuri's harem. Bur then i'm dreaming too much...
Is it still a harem if it's lead by a girl, even if the other member of it are female?
MAL
Old 2010-06-28, 04:12   Link #153
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Is it still a harem if it's lead by a girl, even if the other member of it are female?
*go check google* *run back* Yeah it seems so....

Is there any better name?
Old 2010-06-28, 04:18   Link #154
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Coincidentally my name is Ken...lol.

therefore:

おれのハレム!

now that's out of the way...

no, not really.

and come on, Yuri should end up with a guy...she does have a cute side. ^^
Old 2010-06-28, 04:27   Link #155
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's not like I'm against that. I means Yurix Kanade was pretty much for fun all the time (except their bond got a bit stronger in the final two ep), when Yuri x Hinata used to be my main shipping... until it was shot down in ep 5...
...and ep 10...
...and ep 11...
...and 13.

But yeah, the next candidate is Noda. I liked this guy because he's not strong initially , but for Yuri he worked hard to improve himself. A real man indeed. But ep 13 shot it down again. As he has always been with Yuri and he would still to in the end, unless he think that his love to Yuri is no longer possible (just like in the novel)

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-06-28 at 04:47.
Old 2010-06-29, 22:54   Link #156
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well, there's only one other girl in Yuri's harem, so I think it's still a reverse harem with a touch of yuri.
Old 2010-07-04, 00:49   Link #157
Aaerul

I watched Angel Beats a second time. It is a shame nobody has written a Yuri character analysis since the conclusion of the show. I'm talking about episode 12 and 13. A LOT of people were put off by the pacing of episode 12. Most people think Yuri's character was ruined. I don't disagree. The way Yuri acts at certain times totally put off a lot of people. On my second watch-through however, I was finally able to put aside the episode's execution and get to the meat of it. Then I reassessed my opinion. Yuri is actually a pretty well thought out character.

"Even so, What a blunder. Your sister came to see everyone as though she saw you three (her siblings). I lived as though the sister that makes you proud, the sister that you know will always love you."

And then

"What has happened to me? All the things that spurred me on are disappearing. If those things disappear, then I won't be able to stay in this world anymore. Even though life is so unfair. Even though you were all stolen from me. Even so,... the time that I spent with everyone here... is irreplaceable. Now, I want to try to catch up with everyone".
And then, A moment when her siblings appear to say お疲れ様 (otsukaresama), HA!. So simply put, when she killed the Matrix Reload guy, she fulfilled the role that she could not fulfill in her previous life. It is actually quite a bit more complicated than just that - it is meant to be a combination of fulfillment and letting go.

Second verse of the ED song, last stanza:
"Someday, I'll forget the days I spent with everyone and be living elsewhere
By then, I won't be strong anymore
I'll shed tears with the weakness of an ordinary girl "

And which is why in the last episode, episode 13, She is meant to act like a ordinary and shy high school girl.

Yuri was also meant to be the source of all the love (to the whole afterlife team) and she stitches the whole group together.

There was also the scene when Yuri gets turned into an NPC. Another super nice scene. Long quote:
"What bliss is this? What a blissful scene. It is too good for me (lit: It is too dazzling for me). All of you are living the moment. How nice, I am jealous. If I disappear, will I be able to do life again? This happiness that seems so natural, will I ever be able to accept it? If I lost my memories, change my personality. In that case I could do it. But then, can you call that a fresh start? It won't be my life anymore. It will be somebody else's life. We get one shot at life and it is right here. Only once. This is my life. I won't hand it over to anyone. It can't be taken, either. I can't force it onto someone else. I cannot forget it. Erase it. Trample it underfoot. Ridicule it. Pretend it was good. It is the way it is... cruel, but irreplaceable. All we can do is accept our one and only life.... That is why I will fight.... Because, a life like this... I will not accept!"

Very emo but there is some nice stuff that relates to her inner struggle. Worth watching again if you can. Yuri's character is pretty complicated and I don't think I have it in me to write an analysis of her. So I've laid out some of the pieces instead.

Also on a completely unrelated note, it is no accident Otonashi entered the Afterlife world. It is not a bug, like the matrix guy was saying. He HAD to be there, otherwise there will be no one to save Kanade (or everyone else). What Maeda is saying here is that, God looks after people. And the Afterlife world really IS a sanctuary for the lost souls of those who lived unfulfilled lives (by arranging Otonashi to be in it with everyone else). Truly a kind world and a kind God, a stark contrast to all the other Anime that constantly screams at us to take life by our own reigns or rebel against God.
Old 2010-07-04, 01:22   Link #158
Knightrunner

Wow thanks for the pieces hopefully somebody can write a character analysis about Yurippe. If somebody reads the novel and watch the anime they will get a better picture of Yurippe's personality. The Novel relates that inner struggle she is going through at the time because it shows her anger. In the anime it seems like she calmed down and learned how to interact with people again.
Old 2010-11-16, 07:54   Link #159
Negi-bozu

I love Yuri, both in manga and anime.
She is a great leader, yeah!
Old 2010-11-16, 18:25   Link #160
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Wow thanks for the pieces hopefully somebody can write a character analysis about Yurippe. If somebody reads the novel and watch the anime they will get a better picture of Yurippe's personality. The Novel relates that inner struggle she is going through at the time because it shows her anger. In the anime it seems like she calmed down and learned how to interact with people again.
Hmm, well the anime still left out so much things about Yurippe we could learn about. Especially the way she din't commit suicide after her sisters got killed.. I know she got stuck there because of that incident possibly, but what eventually got her killed?
Closed Thread