AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-08, 22:37   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Did he have the time to? The impression that I got from that scene was that it happened too quickly and he was too shocked by the sight of her flying towards his desk to react.
Yes, it all happened quickly, but I thought he might have reacted in some way. He just sat there stoically and watched her hit her head.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 22:47   Link #22
Alchemist007
*Author

Seems like a fun romcom, I could stick with this.

https://streamable.com/5ba8t3

https://streamable.com/qr29v9
Old 2022-01-08, 22:59   Link #23
Chosen_Hero

As a manga reader, I approve of this anime... can't wait to see anime only's reaction to this series.
Old 2022-01-08, 23:45   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yes, it all happened quickly, but I thought he might have reacted in some way. He just sat there stoically and watched her hit her head.
It is obvious no one cared enough for some girl sent flying to hit the back of her head like that

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-09, 00:17   Link #25
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm still wondering why she was flying in the first place. They didn't even bother to really explain why .
Maybe something like this

( will delete later )

P.S I don't know how to post GIF on this site

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-09, 01:29   Link #26
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I have one question concerning this. Does the girl from his childhood ever actually show up again? If anyone's read the manga and knows feel free to PM me with the answer. It's just a point that I'm always concerned with. Anytime I see a character become a cause of trauma to another character, with the possible occasional exception of bullies whose entire existence consists of beatings, or I see a character who's really important to the MC have a complete falling-out with them, I want that character to show up again later on in the story, and I want some manner of resolution. Sure, it's great to have the hero get over his trauma without that, but I still don't like it. If that little girl shows up sometimes in the story and at least ends up regretting her words, it would seriously elevate the story in my estimation.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-09, 02:23   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I have one question concerning this. Does the girl from his childhood ever actually show up again? If anyone's read the manga and knows feel free to PM me with the answer. It's just a point that I'm always concerned with. Anytime I see a character become a cause of trauma to another character, with the possible occasional exception of bullies whose entire existence consists of beatings, or I see a character who's really important to the MC have a complete falling-out with them, I want that character to show up again later on in the story, and I want some manner of resolution. Sure, it's great to have the hero get over his trauma without that, but I still don't like it. If that little girl shows up sometimes in the story and at least ends up regretting her words, it would seriously elevate the story in my estimation.
Will leave actual answers to those people familiar with it. But I'd guess she will. Dropping that in the first minute of the episode just gives me that feeling.

At the very least I'd expect it just to get a better picture of that whole situation. What exactly triggered such an emotional outburst? Characters getting bullied or harassed for hobbies is hardly new. But that was the appearance of someone upset and venting rather than someone weirded out. Plus seems like she was a childhood friend. So at the very least I'd be surprised if she never made another appearance.

It feels like the kind of situation where Gojo facing her again would be for the best. He can grow and mature in various ways. But settling that part of his past feels like something the story would eventually tackle.
Old 2022-01-09, 07:24   Link #28
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Spoiler for Slight spoilers:

If anyone here expects this to be same type of anime as the likes of Jaku-chara and it's ilk (loser guy needs to be "fixed" by popular girl) or Komi-san (Character who is unable to socialize normally needs someone to come to their rescue) you will be pleasantly surprised to know that it isn't.
Old 2022-01-09, 18:38   Link #29
HandofFate

hopefully he gets over his complex quick, its kind of an over-reaction on his part
Old 2022-01-15, 12:01   Link #30
Frontier

Gojo never expected getting to know Marin would mean learning about Eroge, all-girl school Harem's, or consensual sex slaves, but Marin is a true woman of culture. He thinks for a second it might be a joke, but then he sees how serious she is while espousing the entire game lore like a true fangirl .

Girls play eroge too, and it's not about whether you're a boy or a girl, but just what you like! And through Marin, Gojo finally feels validated after what happened with his childhood friend shunning him for his interests .

I love the contrast between the wholesomeness of Marin's love for Shizuku-tan contrasted with lewder and lewder images of Shizuku-tan .

Poor Marin had a helpful and thorough beginner's cosplay guide and that's still the best she could come up with...but still, points for trying .

Marin wastes no time when it comes to cosplaying the characters she loves, so she finds where Gojo lives and sees herself in to his house and room...and Gojo gets a good gander of her butt as she bends down to look over what he uses to work on dolls. Think clean thoughts, chum .

So Gojo isn't quite sure how to take Marin's measurements for the cosplay, especially if it means she has to be in her underwear, but Marin thought ahead and immediately strips into a sexy bikini that basically shows off everything and her entire gorgeous, glamorous, body for Gojo to see. Never has the distinction between underwear and swimsuits been more appreciated .

Gojo's trying not to land in horny jail while being right in front of Marin, while Marin is unashamed if it means she gets to cosplay as Shizuku-tan, and this inspires Gojo to commit and do right by her by getting the measurements done .

Marin in a ponytail! Marin's bikini butt! Those thighs! Marin in a bikini sitting on Gojo's bed in various positions and offering him her foot! Such glorious, glorious, visuals of Marin .

Marin finally gets a little flustered when Gojo's hand nears her crotch, and it's absolutely adorable seeing her blushing so hard and holding her hair .

Marin with her top buttoned up a bit while still showing off her bikini bottom is definitely an impactful visual .

When your grandpa catches you playing eroge and stoically taking down notes .
Old 2022-01-15, 12:41   Link #31
kari-no-sugata II

It's for research purposes, honest.

Gojo's too pure for this world.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 14:13   Link #32
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
It's for research purposes, honest.

Gojo's too pure for this world.
For first time since conception of universe these words can be taken at face value
Old 2022-01-15, 14:17   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This episode was a total ride . Kind of amazing that it really was just an episode of getting Marin's measurements. But it was totally great from start to finish. Just a lot of good moments and of course Marin basically owning the show at every opportunity. Hard chance for anyone to beat her out for girl of the season in all honesty.

Gojo certainly had a tough time there. Although honestly I think Marin took the best approach here. At least there's pretty reasonable privacy at Gojo's place. Doing all those measurements in an empty classroom would have been a bit riskier.

Understandably the poor guy had a very exhausting day. Of course to do this right they did need those measurements. So it is pretty well unavoidable. Especially since they just don't have anyone else convenient to ask. And honestly her going for the bathing suit option was probably the best choice. At least Gojo managed to overcome this challenge and he shouldn't have to do this again in the near future .

It was nice to have a moment of even Marin feeling nervous and embarrassed. Although I think that moment likely should have come earlier in all this . That's kind of needed since it's entirely natural to be a bit nervous about it. Even if she has that passion and desire to cosplay.

I was thinking it was good that Grandpa didn't come home during all the measuring. Although he found an equally amusing timing. I guess after a whole day of Marin in his room in a swimsuit there isn't much impact that a game could have on Gojo . All the more so since he was legitimately focused on the research.
Old 2022-01-15, 15:50   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Is Marin legitimately the most clueless adolescent girl in all of Japan? I don't think she's being flirty, just uninhibited. Still she seemingly ignores her effect on Gojo-kun as if she is totally unaware of her bombastic sexual appeal. Do you think Gojo-kun got an erection at any point in this episode? Hard to imagine him not.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 16:28   Link #35
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Is Marin legitimately the most clueless adolescent girl in all of Japan? I don't think she's being flirty, just uninhibited. Still she seemingly ignores her effect on Gojo-kun as if she is totally unaware of her bombastic sexual appeal. Do you think Gojo-kun got an erection at any point in this episode? Hard to imagine him not.
The thing is that Marin works as a model, so she has no issues posing in swimsuites or let the guy measuure her.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 17:05   Link #36
Frontier

That and nothing matters as long as she can successfully cosplay .
Old 2022-01-15, 18:18   Link #37
Wandering Soul

I have to think on some level Marin was aware of what she was doing and was teasing him. No way can she be that oblivious.
Old 2022-01-15, 19:33   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

World End Harem may have outright nudity, but it's never going to top this episode when it comes to pure sexiness. The staff went all out animating Marin (especially her boobs) and the result makes it impossible to think of any other girl this season as hotter than her. She even has a great personality to boot. Yep, we've got the best girl of the season.

Saturdays have turned into a visual treat. I'm watching two visually stunning shows back to back, both animated by the same studio, and with each having a distinctive style.

I find Marin a bit too forceful with Gojo, but she's purely driven by her passion and she means well, so I forgive her. Helps that she's ton of fun. The kind of girl who immediately brightens a room.

As a side note, this is most definitely the first time I've seen such detailed measurements for a heroine. Just begging to make a life-size figure out of her.

Quote:
Some of it was genuine teasing, but she's also enough of an airhead that she didn't realize just how arousing she is or how easily the situation would have degenerated if it had been any other boy than Gojo. She only got it when he almost accidentally touched her there.

And yes, he definitely got an erection like any healthy boy would. Why do you think he was bending over at the end?
Old 2022-01-15, 20:00   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The girl plays eroge and likes that type of genre but is clueless about what happens with why he was acting so awkward towards her?
Frankly, if she knew what she was doing and actively teased him, that would have been even more erotic, so I don't see what was gained by showing her as an idiot. She's a gal. People that like that genre are perfectly fine with "aggressive" girls.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 20:54   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The girl plays eroge and likes that type of genre but is clueless about what happens with why he was acting so awkward towards her?
Frankly, if she knew what she was doing and actively teased him, that would have been even more erotic, so I don't see what was gained by showing her as an idiot. She's a gal. People that like that genre are perfectly fine with "aggressive" girls.
I think it's to show her one-track mind when it comes to cosplay...

Tags
harem, romance, slice of life