AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 23:57   Link #4821
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

about annie .. there is a part that mentions that she use a barrier .. that might be the reason she wasn't found out since a normal barrier casted by a campione might be even stronger that one done by a 1000 mages
Old 2012-10-24, 00:17   Link #4822
Mars Mode

Who knows I still think is because of [metamorphosis] and his ability to blend in shadows.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:31   Link #4823
chancs

wow...the first manga chapter was scanlated by kanashi scans
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:44   Link #4824
bludvein

The chapter is finished. Am I the only one who thinks Erica is a little bit like the MC from the Legend of Sun Knight novels?

Anyway, you can definitely picture Godou's little group in 10 years or so. He is gonna have an even more awesome crew.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:47   Link #4825
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

ten years and 20/30 girls later right?? xD

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-10-24 at 00:58.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:57   Link #4826
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The chapter is finished. Am I the only one who thinks Erica is a little bit like the MC from the Legend of Sun Knight novels?

Anyway, you can definitely picture Godou's little group in 10 years or so. He is gonna have an even more awesome crew.
No, it's not finished. The first chapter is of 60 pages. They just put those in parts. Anyway I won't be following it. It's sub-standard.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:00   Link #4827
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
No, it's not finished. The first chapter is of 60 pages. They just put those in parts. Anyway I won't be following it. It's sub-standard.
Ummm, what? Volume 9 Chapter 6 is what I'm talking about. Zzhk just finished it.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:03   Link #4828
chancs

Quote:
Ummm, what? Volume 9 Chapter 6 is what I'm talking about. Zzhk just finished it.
I was talking about the manga. Sorry.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:08   Link #4829
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
I was talking about the manga. Sorry.
Guess I should have elaborated. Anyway, I agree that the manga sucks. I love this LN and even I couldn't quite deal with the manga. The art just blows and the story only loosely follows the source material.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:56   Link #4830
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Guess I should have elaborated. Anyway, I agree that the manga sucks. I love this LN and even I couldn't quite deal with the manga. The art just blows and the story only loosely follows the source material.
The manga is worse than the anime. At the very least, the anime has the art to buff it up despite it's rubbish direction. The manga is just rubbish in every respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
@Darthfanta: I understand your point but Godou has only been a Campione for what half a year to a year. What he needs is to learn and accept.

The girls. As has been stated he is 15 if I remember right. He understands he likes the girls but he understands once he gaves his consent readily things are going to be out of control.

The sole fact he has been going trough so much battles in such short amount of time means a lot.
Mars....you really never understood me.....Like I said before,the whole affair has nothing to do with rather Godou is a campione or not. It's the rudiments of socialization that he couldn't achieve--the basics --even though Godou consistently calls himself a 'normal person'. It's simple politeness to reject or accept someone else's feelings definitively when you are asked. He's sixteen by the way, and like I said, this is an age where he is old enough to have a romantic relationship with a girl--he could have legally married one of the girls if they had the consent of their guardians.As for the girls getting out of control, what made you think they haven't and would get worst already? They are already calling and acting as though they were genuinely his wives and concubines. Giving them official recognition wouldn't get worst than that.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-24 at 02:59.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 03:33   Link #4831
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The manga is worse than the anime. At the very least, the anime has the art to buff it up despite it's rubbish direction. The manga is just rubbish in every respect.

After reading this, I have stop the download for the manga. I don't want to be disappointed again.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 04:23   Link #4832
Gore17

I, on the other hand, am interested in reading it just to see how bad it is.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 05:01   Link #4833
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
After reading this, I have stop the download for the manga. I don't want to be disappointed again.
As I have said a couple of months ago, the art of the manga is worst than a doujinshi. I have no idea what kind of fifth-rate magazine hired such a pathetic artist. If I were the author of Campione, I would be furious that both the anime studio and manga magazine have given such a sloppy effort and dared to label such trash as adaptations of my work.Although the artwork of the light novel insertions have improved a lot, it was nonetheless crap. It's annoying that such a brilliant light novel has been given such a poor treatment.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:29   Link #4834
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The manga... well uh, the story seems pretty interesting. It's a nice change to see someone who doesn't have prior knowledge of magic encountered something like that with Godou. The art is even more horrible than the earlier novels though ._.
Quote:
As I have said a couple of months ago, the art of the manga is worst than a doujinshi.
Many adaptation that I read also keen to do something like that too (using bad mangaka which resulted in horrible art for their adaptation) so I'm not all too surprised.. it's still a shame though since this series is pretty good

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 05:45   Link #4835
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I went and took a look at the manga, and even though the cover isn't too bad ,the rest of it really is. Seems unfinished, like a draft or something.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 07:47   Link #4836
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Wah, by the sound of it, the manga sound even worst then I thought it would be, almost enough for me to see for myself.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:10   Link #4837
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Wah, by the sound of it, the manga sound even worst then I thought it would be, almost enough for me to see for myself.
It's almost a sight for one to see for themselves. It is , in my opinion, the worst drawn manga sold commercially that I had ever come across.
Old 2012-10-24, 09:14   Link #4838
bludvein

It's bad. I don't think anybody will deny that, but its not the worst out there by far. I can think of at least a couple that are much worse.

The art isn't atrocious or anything. It just looks worse than it is because of a lack of backgrounds in most panels and differing character design from the novels.

Where it really fails is the story though imo. If the reader hadn't already read the novel beforehand you would have absolutely no idea whats going on. Introductions were poor, and characterization almost completely absent. You might get a laugh out of the beginning with the wrathful classmates, but thats it.

EDIT: On a slightly unrelated note, I think the worst art I ever saw in a commercial manga was actually done by Togashi. That wasn't because he was a bad artist though, just lazy and overpaid. He actually managed to get sketches/rough drafts published in SJ because he failed to finish on time.

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-10-24 at 09:36.
Old 2012-10-24, 10:30   Link #4839
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
It's bad. I don't think anybody will deny that, but its not the worst out there by far. I can think of at least a couple that are much worse.

The art isn't atrocious or anything. It just looks worse than it is because of a lack of backgrounds in most panels and differing character design from the novels.

Where it really fails is the story though imo. If the reader hadn't already read the novel beforehand you would have absolutely no idea whats going on. Introductions were poor, and characterization almost completely absent. You might get a laugh out of the beginning with the wrathful classmates, but thats it.

EDIT: On a slightly unrelated note, I think the worst art I ever saw in a commercial manga was actually done by Togashi. That wasn't because he was a bad artist though, just lazy and overpaid. He actually managed to get sketches/rough drafts published in SJ because he failed to finish on time.
You know, I can barely recognize Shizuka in the manga.... As for Togashi, I know that he's lazy, but apparently, he could be good if he tried. There's also the fact that he's ill.But really, considering that this is a monthly magazine and that the mangaka doesn't even need to plan the story ---meaning he could put more effort into the art, the manga's just pathetic.
Old 2012-10-24, 12:19   Link #4840
Richocet
Lover of Purity

So I decided to read the manga chap and it was...intriguing, to say it politely
The art was crudely done and there wasn't a sense of flow since the setting was all established without any details

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem